Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,250 Views | 29569 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
zunooreo said:

This is a "Baylor Sports" only forum, per the Sic'em 365 owners.
Moderator, please delete this thread.

And yet Brian and S11 post here, thus you may return to being ill informed
Assassin

On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
S11
Staff
zunooreo said:

Baylor players and their opponents make up nfl rosters. Also the overwhelming majority of anyone who likes the nfl in Texas (where most of BU alumni live) will have an interest in either the Cowboys or Texans.

Number of people who really focus on a particular HS? Not so much

This attempt of yours to play the victim card is really weak.
Assassin
S11 said:

zunooreo said:

Baylor players and their opponents make up nfl rosters.

After that 'we will be watching' comment he made on the other thread, surprised he/she/it is not gone. I have 22,000 members on my FB page, comments like that send them packing.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BaylorRocks
S11 said:

zunooreo said:

Baylor players and their opponents make up nfl rosters. Also the overwhelming majority of anyone who likes the nfl in Texas (where most of BU alumni live) will have an interest in either the Cowboys or Texans.

Number of people who really focus on a particular HS? Not so much

You know nothing about me, nor it appears make any effort to read what and how I post. I am a proud Baylor alumni, support Baylor - both in presence and financially, Texas based NFL teams, and all ex-Baylor players and staff. I also have previously been a Premium member, so have supported this particular Baylor fan site financially as well - which is NOT the case for much of the problem posters on this site. I am not focused on HS sports.

My current frustration with the administration of this site is the hypocrisy that was directed at me. There are a handful of posters on this site that are continually allowed to post material that is Defamatory, Inaccurate, Abusive, Vulgar, Hateful, Harassing, Obscene, Profane, Sexually oriented, Threatening, Thread Highjacking, Trolling, and Profanity Filter diversion -- 75% of the "you will not" rules of this site. Yet, I post a simple Mt Vernon tracker on a Baylor Sports "Football" forum (which contains many threads unrelated directly to Baylor sports) to monitor the season of Coach Art Briles first chance back at coaching in the US and it gets deleted? Hypocritical and targeted censorship will kill a site.

Sic'em
S11
Staff
Posting threads on a topic that only a minority of the viewership still have interest in that has almost a 100% chance of turning into a bickering trollfest that rehashes the last three years is even more detrimental now.

People with opinions on both sides of how things were handled are tired of it. Baylor has a team that is 1-0 and the talk should focus on them or at minimum not detract. Rehashing 3 years ago detracts.

Now I am not moderating here- I have the permissions to but haven't. I'm just saying that rehashing the stuff that has been beat to death isn't beneficial.
BearForce
First Minnesotachubby and now Zero...is there a thought diminishing virus roaming Sic'Em365?
BearForce
The 2019 Practice Squad (for now) - Glad we finally moved on from Mike White and am surprised Cedrick Wilson and Daniel Wise made it to the squad vice getting claimed by another team.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/9/1/20843615/2019-dallas-cowboys-roster-practice-squad-signings-and-rumors-tracker

2019 Dallas Cowboys Practice Squad
Assassin
BearForce said:

The 2019 Practice Squad (for now) - Glad we finally moved on from Mike White and am surprised Cedrick Wilson and Daniel Wise made it to the squad vice getting claimed by another team.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/9/1/20843615/2019-dallas-cowboys-roster-practice-squad-signings-and-rumors-tracker

no word on Phillips, the LB?
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Theory: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/9/1/20843809/poll-whats-the-most-surprising-part-about-the-cowboys-53-man-roster-in-your-opinion

Justin Phillips isn't on it... for now
Talking about the roster and practice squad at any moment is always such a gamble because you never know what could happen the very next minute. When the Cowboys announced both the roster and practice squad neither featured linebacker Jordan Phillips.
It's possible that the Cowboys want to carry Phillips on their final 53 but need to place Luke Gifford on injured reserve first. The fact that Phillips isn't on the practice squad seems to line up with this theory, but you just never know.
Justin Phillips played very well for the Cowboys throughout the preseason and seemed to punch his ticket onto their team in some capacity. Perhaps his moment is just around the corner.
Assassin
  • Cowboys signed QB Clayton Thorson to the practice squad.
    The Eagles didn't see anything from Thorson this offseason, so they threw in the towel early in favor of ex-Giants QB Kyle Lauletta. Thorson's college career was mostly a disappointment (6.3 YPA), but he does have the size and arm strength that will give him extra looks. Thorson was the No. 167 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.
    Sep 1, 2019, 2:58 PM ET

Assassin
Now wouldnt that be a laugher..
---------------------------------------
Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News reports the Cowboys are considering free agent QB Paxton Lynch.

Lynch passed through waivers unclaimed after being let go by the Seahawks on Friday. The Cowboys only have Cooper Rush behind starter Dak Prescott and could certainly add another arm to their quarterback room. Lynch, a former first-round pick out of Memphis, spent last year out of the league after failing to make the Broncos out of training camp. His career is hanging by a thread.
Assassin
Assassin said:

• Cowboys signed QB Clayton Thorson to the practice squad.
    The Eagles didn't see anything from Thorson this offseason, so they threw in the towel early in favor of ex-Giants QB Kyle Lauletta. Thorson's college career was mostly a disappointment (6.3 YPA), but he does have the size and arm strength that will give him extra looks. Thorson was the No. 167 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.
    Sep 1, 2019, 2:58 PM ET

Eagles selected Northwestern QB Clayton Thorson with the No. 167 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

The Eagles had been slated to draft four slots earlier but wound up trading the 163rd pick to New England for picks 167 and 246. Thorson (6'4/222) made a school-record 53 starts at Northwestern, engineering a 36-17 record but completing just 58% of his career passes at 6.33 yards per attempt with a 61:45 TD-to-INT ratio and 27 rushing scores. Thorson tore his right ACL in the 2017 Music City Bowl, then returned to start the Wildcats' 2018 opener and never looked fully healthy during his final year. Thorson offers an ideal stature and sound fundamentals, but his on-field production was severely lacking in the Big Ten, and he threw far too many picks for a game-manager style quarterback. His likely ceiling is a long-term No. 2 clipboard holder in the Matt Cassel mold. The Eagles needed a backup for Carson Wentz after former Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles defected to Jacksonville in free agency.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Now wouldnt that be a laugher..
---------------------------------------
Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News reports the Cowboys are considering free agent QB Paxton Lynch.

Lynch passed through waivers unclaimed after being let go by the Seahawks on Friday. The Cowboys only have Cooper Rush behind starter Dak Prescott and could certainly add another arm to their quarterback room. Lynch, a former first-round pick out of Memphis, spent last year out of the league after failing to make the Broncos out of training camp. His career is hanging by a thread.

Jerry drilling that glory hole
BaylorRocks
S11 said:

Posting threads on a topic that only a minority of the viewership still have interest in that has almost a 100% chance of turning into a bickering trollfest that rehashes the last three years is even more detrimental now.

People with opinions on both sides of how things were handled are tired of it. Baylor has a team that is 1-0 and the talk should focus on them or at minimum not detract. Rehashing 3 years ago detracts.

Now I am not moderating here- I have the permissions to but haven't. I'm just saying that rehashing the stuff that has been beat to death isn't beneficial.
There are pages and pages of threads with few reads and few posts. Do those warrant "only a minority of viewership interest"? They aren't deleted. And there are hundreds of posts (made by the same 3-4 posters) spread across multiple threads that create the bickering and rehashing that you describe. And you guys know exactly who they are. And know that I'm not one of them.

At best its selective, inconsistent censorship. Your site, your rules.....fine. Just don't post terms and conditions that you're not prepared to administer. But by all means, let's continue to allow those 3-4 real trolls on this site to continue to troll, insult, attack, highjack decent discussion, and spew their vulgarities without a single thing done to them. Kudos !

Sic'em
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

The word on Phillips is in...he signed with Oakland
https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma-state/Article/Former-Oklahoma-State-Cowboys-NFL-53-man-roster-practice-squads-135084876/

Quote:

STILLWATER -- Despite having a great training camp with the Dallas Cowboys, former Oklahoma State linebacker Justin Phillips was cut. But fear not Cowboy fans as Justin Phillips told Go Pokes that he's boarding a flight Sunday night out to Oakland to join the Raiders practice squad.
Phillips was originally signed by Dallas as an undrafted free agent following the 2019 NFL Draft, but was cut in June. Due to injury and depth issues at linebacker, Dallas re-signed Phillips just ahead of training camp and all he did was shine.
Throughout the preseason, Phillips was one of Dallas' best defenders as he combined for 28 total tackles in four games with two passes defended and one interception. There were many people that believed that if Phillips didn't make the Dallas 53-man roster, than the Cowboys would sign the Pearland, TX native to their practice squad. But that wouldn't be the case as Dallas completed it's 10-man practice squad sans Justin Phillips.
Assassin
zunooreo said:

S11 said:

There are pages and pages of threads with few reads and few posts. Do those warrant "only a minority of viewership interest"? They aren't deleted. And there are hundreds of posts (made by the same 3-4 posters) spread across multiple threads that create the bickering and rehashing that you describe. And you guys know exactly who they are. And know that I'm not one of them.

At best its selective, inconsistent censorship. Your site, your rules.....fine. Just don't post terms and conditions that you're not prepared to administer. But by all means, let's continue to allow those 3-4 real trolls on this site to continue to troll, insult, attack, highjack decent discussion, and spew their vulgarities without a single thing done to them. Kudos !

Sic'em
Yet you create bickering by rehashing something that only you seem to care about on a thread that apparently you dont care about.

And you want to make rules on a forum that you do not own, that you have done nothing to build, where nobody knows who you are, that you have no grounds to gripe about vs the folks that have put in the time and money and hard work can do whatever they want with it.

So I would recommend you take some time off from posting on the internet, let your wounded pride heal up. I would guess taking 5 years off will let it heal nicely. Give it a shot. If I'm wrong, come back and tell me in 5 years.
GoldMind
zunooreo said:

S11 said:

Sic'em

I love being able to say whatever I want in here without fear of discipline. It's nice.
Assassin
ex Cowboy news

Free agent CB Orlando Scandrick will visit the Texans on Monday.

Scandrick is back on the tryout circuit after failing to make an impression during his month-long tenure with Philadelphia. The veteran has been a nomad since leaving Dallas, enduring stints with the Redskins, Chiefs and Eagles over the past two years. Though undeniably on the decline, Scandrick is still a starting-caliber NFL talent as he proved last season by garnering PFF's No. 35 coverage grade among 123 qualifiers at cornerback. Even if it's not with Houston, he should land on his feet in relatively short order.
Wichitabear
Five years.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

The 2019 Practice Squad (for now) - Glad we finally moved on from Mike White and am
The word on Phillips is in...he signed with Oakland
https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma-state/Article/Former-Oklahoma-State-Cowboys-NFL-53-man-roster-practice-squads-135084876/

There were many people that believed that if Phillips didn't make the Dallas 53-man roster, than the Cowboys would sign the Pearland, TX native to their practice squad. But that wouldn't be the case as Dallas completed it's 10-man practice squad sans Justin Phillips.
No word from him or Oakland that, it has happened. Wonder if that is insurance in case Cowboys dont bring him ujp?
Assassin
You know there is going to be movement until the day of the Season opener
Assassin
Cowboys RG Zack Martin (back) resumed practicing Monday.

Martin's back bothered him early in camp, but he's had most of the summer to get healthy. His presence on the practice field Monday would suggest he'll be back at his usual right guard post when the Giants invade Jerry's World in Week 1. The former Notre Dame standout has been a first or second-team All-Pro selection every year of his Dallas tenure.
Assassin
Cowboys LT Tyron Smith (back) resumed practicing Monday.

The Cowboys did their best to keep Smith out of harm's way this summer, limiting their indispensable left tackle to nine preseason snaps. Seemingly on a Hall of Fame trajectory, few if any tackles do it better than Smith, a six-time Pro Bowler and former first-round draft pick. He'll be ready to protect Dak Prescott's blind side when the Giants come to town in Week 1.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Such as Connor McGovern just being put on IR and elevating Chunn from the practice squad.
Assassin
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett confirmed Amari Cooper (foot) will practice on Monday.

Cooper has been slowed by a strained left foot, though there was never any concern over his Week 1 status. After starting last season as a non-factor in Oakland, the former fourth overall pick fared much better upon his arrival in Dallas, erupting for a 53-725-6 receiving line over his final nine games. Volatility will always be a part of Cooper's game, but his role as Dak Prescott's go-to target still affords him high-end WR2 status in the fantasy-sphere.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Such as Connor McGovern just being put on IR and elevating Chunn from the practice squad.
So there is the open spot. Once Zeke signs though, does is it Morris or Chunn that gets the axe? I really love Morris - but Chunn is such a Jim Brown type runner, I cant remember the last time we had a guy like that
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

So there is the open spot. Once Zeke signs though, does is it Morris or Chunn that gets the axe? I really love Morris - but Chunn is such a Jim Brown type runner, I cant remember the last time we had a guy like that

I think Morris gets axed as the vested veteran who contributes nothing on special teams
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I think Morris gets axed as the vested veteran who contributes nothing on special teams
Did Chunn play on special teams?
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Did Chunn play on special teams?

Yes
BearForce
Ya'll know I have been saying this since his reinstatement but just wanted to share the thought from another source...keep him while he is suspended and see how things play out...low risk

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/09/02/dallas-cowboys-see-rolando-mcclain-offer/
Assassin
BearForce said:

Ya'll know I have been saying this since his reinstatement but just wanted to share the thought from another source...keep him while he is suspended and see how things play out...low risk

Not if it costs us a spot on the 53. Walk away and wash your hands.

McClain is kinda like that jelly doughnut that you ate in your car with one hand while talking on the phone with your other and the car in front of you slams on the brakes. Powder and jelly go flying all over the place and you cant get the stains out of your shirt nor the sticky jelly off the steering wheel.

Unless can put him in a lock box that goes in the trunk, dont do it...
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Not if it costs us a spot on the 53. Walk away and wash your hands.

McClain is kinda like that jelly doughnut that you ate in your car with one hand while talking on the phone with your other and the car in front of you slams on the brakes. Powder and jelly go flying all over the place and you cant get the stains out of your shirt nor the sticky jelly off the steering wheel.

Unless can put him in a lock box that goes in the trunk, dont do it...

He still has to serve a suspension just like Gregory and Quinn...are they costing us a roster spot? No!

What I said was let him serve his suspension and when he is done if we have someone that is injured, say like Shaun Lee, then you could plug him in. If not then he might be tradable.
Assassin
Tony Dungy on having Zeke for the opener:

"I don't think they do. I think they can win it without [Elliott] being there all the time. But I think when you get to the playoffs, he's got to be up and running and ready to go. I think they can compete, they can get in the playoffs even if he's not there the whole time. But I don't think they could go those four weeks against a top team without him."
Assassin
The jelly doughnut was just too sticky...
------------------
The Cowboys have released linebacker Rolando McClain.

Though he did not count toward the active roster, the club still held McClain's rights during the veteran linebacker's indefinite suspension dating back to 2016. The NFL recently reinstated McClain.

He played for the Cowboys from 2014-15 and made 161 tackles.
First Page Last Page
Page 318 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.