Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,366 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pollard is going to wear #20 this season. Morris will take #32
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
former NFC East/Big 12 stuff. Thought this kid was gonna rip the league apart
===========
Former Washington first-round pick Josh Doctson reached agreement with the Minnesota Vikings, per league source.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Wichitabear
I think that was for the best.
BearForce
Assassin said:

The jelly doughnut was just too sticky...
------------------
The Cowboys have released linebacker Rolando McClain.

Though he did not count toward the active roster, the club still held McClain's rights during the veteran linebacker's indefinite suspension dating back to 2016. The NFL recently reinstated McClain.

He played for the Cowboys from 2014-15 and made 161 tackles.

If the donut was stale, I can understand
Wichitabear
Lol
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

The jelly doughnut was just too sticky...
------------------
The Cowboys have released linebacker Rolando McClain.

Though he did not count toward the active roster, the club still held McClain's rights during the veteran linebacker's indefinite suspension dating back to 2016. The NFL recently reinstated McClain.

He played for the Cowboys from 2014-15 and made 161 tackle

If the donut was stale, I can understand
we will find out soon enough. Could be that it was just too stale and moldy.

Wichitabear
That's pretty gross.
Aliceinbubbleland
I tried to buy our great grandson a Cowboys shirt for his birthday. His mom had suggested an aggy shirt but I thought no way. Well, after visiting Academy on Westheimer here in Houston there was not a single Cowboy logo to be found.

A few years back you couldn't find local teams clothing, just Cowboys. Well, except maybe for Loveya Blue. I didn't realize how far the Cowboys have fallen in state popularity since Jerry Jones arrived.
Assassin
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I tried to buy our great grandson a Cowboys shirt for his birthday. His mom had suggested an aggy shirt but I thought no way. Well, after visiting Academy on Westheimer here in Houston there was not a single Cowboy logo to be found.

A few years back you couldn't find local teams clothing, just Cowboys. Well, except maybe for Loveya Blue. I didn't realize how far the Cowboys have fallen in state popularity since Jerry Jones arrived.
Not sure that is accurate. They are the most popular team in the NFL, by far. Revenue was just over 864 million. Second place are the Pats at 569 mil. Texans are back about just over half of what the Cowboys make at 464. The good news is that the Texans are ahead of the Bengals

As far as a store selling out of Cowboy stuff before the Texan stuff, that is kinda what I would have expected. You cant wait until the last minute to buy your Boy's goodies
Aliceinbubbleland
LOL. Case in point was local fan base only. This town use to be owned by Cowboys. Not so much anymore.

I don't doubt your stats but I find it hard to believe they are anywhere near "America's Team" of the Tom Landry era. But then it is all about money as you pointed out, not fans following.
Assassin
Aliceinbubbleland said:

LOL. Case in point was local fan base only. This town use to be owned by Cowboys. Not so much anymore.

I don't doubt your stats but I find it hard to believe they are anywhere near "America's Team" of the Tom Landry era. But then it is all about money as you pointed out, not fans following.
actually they lead the league there too. Emory University in Atlanta does a study every year taking all sorts of goodies into account, money being only a part of it.

Cowboys are atop the league there too. https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/category/fan-base-analyses/nfl-fan-rankings/
Assassin
Assassin said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

actually they lead the league there too. Emory University in Atlanta does a study every year taking all sorts of goodies into account, money being only a part of it.

Cowboys are atop the league there too. https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/category/fan-base-analyses/nfl-fan-rankings/
The good news for the Texans is that they are in the top 21...
Assassin
NFC East...

OUCH!

Redskins will start 36-year Donald Penn (just signed off street July 30) at left tackle and swinging-gate Ereck Flowers at left guard Sunday
Assassin
So the call on Phillips to Raiders practice squad is correct. Wonder what the Cowboys saw that they didnt like?
BearForce
Assassin said:

So the call on Phillips to Raiders practice squad is correct. Wonder what the Cowboys saw that they didnt like?

Could be Phillips thought the Raiders was a better spot roster wise for him
BearForce
Ok, didn't see this one coming...

Source: RT Collins, Cowboys agree to 5-year deal
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Could be Phillips thought the Raiders was a better spot roster wise for him
Could well be
Assassin
BearForce said:

Ok, didn't see this one coming...

Source: RT Collins, Cowboys agree to 5-year deal
Me neither. Thought he was gone for sure.

5 new years, $50 million in new money, just under $20 million fully guaranteed (all of the 2 two years), and $35 million guaranteed against injury. He'll make $11.45 million in 2019. Nice bump from the $6.52 million he set to take home.

Who doesnt get covered? Byron Jones? We really went even further upside down on O vs D. Once Zeke signs, it is gonna in the high 70s% to the offense

Assassin
Mike Fisher reports 8 mins ago that Zeke is on his way to DFW. Could a contract be in the works
Assassin
trey3216
Saw a number out there of 6/$90mm on the extension for Zeke.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Franko
trey3216 said:

Saw a number out there of 6/$90mm on the extension for Zeke.
I saw the same thing. And here's a reliable source saying it's done.

Franko
News people talking to Zeke's camp are saying the deal is "very close" to being done. News people talking to Cowboys' camp say the is not close. Who knows where the deal stands. But at least we have proof that he's on a plane to Dallas.

Wichitabear
Ok!!!!
Franko
Assassin
Compensation update: Rams are giving QB Jared Goff a four-year, $134 million extension that includes an NFL-record $110 million guaranteed, per source. It ties him to LA through 2024 season.

Jared Goff $110 million guaranteed. Carson Wentz $107.8 million guaranteed. Russell Wilson $107 million guaranteed. So where does Dak Prescott fit in?
Assassin
Hopefully the Cowboys get the deal done with Zeke. Apparently he is so poor now, he's taken to eating his own hair...

Assassin
Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer

A breakdown of La'el Collins' six-year, $58.5 million contract with the Cowboys: Signing bonus - $9 million 2019 base salary - $1.016 million 2020 base salary $6.45 million ($3.5 million option bonus due fifth day of league year) 2021 base salary - $8.55 million 2022 base salary - $10 million 2023 base salary - $10 million 2024 base salary - $10 million Note: His 2021 base salary becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year, and $6.483 of his 2022 base salary becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of that league year.

also - this clears about $5.8 mil under the cap this season
FullBear
Zeke got paid. 6 year, 90mil extension making him the highest paid RB in nfl.
Franko
FullBear said:

They over paid, but I'm interested in seeing when the guaranteed money vests. Hopefully the guaranteed money is exhausted after the third year of the extension. Then when he declines, the Cowboys can cut ties without cap issues.
Assassin
Franko said:

FullBear said:

They over paid, but I'm interested in seeing when the guaranteed money vests. Hopefully the guaranteed money is exhausted after the third year of the extension. Then when he declines, the Cowboys can cut ties without cap issues.
We are setup for a Superbowl run of about that time period it would appear.
Assassin
at foxbusiness.com
==============
The deal adds on to Elliott's current rookie contract, which runs through 2020. The Cowboys had more than $86 million in projected salary cap space heading into the next offseason, money that presumably will be used to retain quarterback Dak Prescott long-term as well as wide receiver Amari Cooper, who is in the final year of a contract that will pay him $13.9 million this season.

They also would likely want to keep cornerback Byron Jones whose rookie deal is up after this year and who will be looking for a significant pay raise.

"The team has plenty of space to sign Elliott, Prescott, and Cooper short term," Fitzgerald said.

"The question is does it impact them long term and hurt them with re-upping [cornerback] Byron Jones? But ultimately one $15 million-a-year contract is not going to hurt their future outlook at all."
Assassin
current cap status

Total Cap Liabilities: $180,353,548
  • Top 51: $158,100,478
  • Team Cap Space: $20,202,285
  • Offense: $97,054,925
  • Defense: $73,188,924
  • Special: $3,605,000

Dead Money
Name
Cap NumberTerrance Williams
$2,389,706
Orlando Scandrick
$1,600,000
Allen Hurns
$1,250,000
George Iloka
$300,000
Charles Tapper
$154,470
Mitch Hyatt
$136,666
TOTAL
$6,504,699
Assassin
I cant believe the Raiders cut Brandon Marshall. Dang.

If we werent fixed so well at LB...
BearForce
12-4 predicted record by ELO...I will take it

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/9/6/20851257/elo-ratings-predict-12-4-record-for-cowboys-including-a-9-1-start
First Page Last Page
Page 319 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.