Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,157 Views | 29569 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorBear20 said:

Cowboys look much better than the eagles.
looking very pedestrian
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin

[url=https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1173327031922069504][/url]

If the national reaction to their defeat of the Redskins is any indication, there are many, many more wins to come for the Cowboys this season.

John Owning
@JohnOwning
This offense is dope

Tim Cowlishaw

@TimCowlishaw
These games have a pattern. Cowboys allow the first 7, score the next 21...

Emmitt Smith

@EmmittSmith22
Man!!! my @dallascowboys look for real. Dak is on point , Running game is starting to click. Praying for continued health.

Dez Bryant

@DezBryant
He's nice for real... that whole crew Dallas got is nice

Jonah Tuls

@JonahTulsNFL
This Cowboys offense is insanely good.

Bobby BP Portis

@BPortistime
Cowboys offense is legit.

David Moore

@DavidMooreDMN
Cowboys defense hasn't played up to its high standards in the first two games. But stopping Washington on downs there was significant.

Joe Dolan

@FG_Dolan
Hell of a value signing for the Cowboys.

Clarence Hill Jr

@clarencehilljr
Devin Smith is a bust no more. Break out game to the dude from Ohio State

Michael Gehlken

@GehlkenNFL
Cowboys WR Devin Smith one of better Week 2 stories in NFL. With sharp cut off short reception, he gains 16 yards. Up to three catches, 74 yards, TD.

Matt Harmon

@MattHarmon_BYB
Devin Smith becoming a legit playmaker for Dallas is a total coup.

Cowboys have gone from a boring offense bereft of pass-catching talent to a creative unit with perhaps an embarrassment of riches in just a calendar year.

Steven Maxwell

@StevenMaxwellTV
2 dominating wins in a row for the Cowboys. Special team, you can feel it. #DALvsWAS

Jaime

@xStrainer
Man the feeling of this Cowboys team is just different. I haven't felt this way in my 21 years of life

MarkMaske

@MarkMaske
Game pretty much over at FedEx Field. Cowboys look like a true NFC contender. Redskins look like, well, the Redskins.

Chris Vernon

@ChrisVernonShow
Gonna be a lonnnnng year for you Cowboys haters

Andrew Doak

@AndrewDoak_WWL
I'll admit, I was skeptical about how much the Cowboys would pay Dak Prescott this off-season

But after what we've seen through Week 2, would you really be uncomfortable paying Prescott $40 million per year?

Back up the Brinks truck for him. Boys look solid.

SportsDay Cowboys

@dmn_cowboys
When you score 30+ points in two straight games#CowboysNation

Skip Bayless

@RealSkipBayless
Can anybody please explain how Dak Prescott didn't make any of the offseason NFL Top 100 Player lists?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Skip Bayless

@RealSkipBayless
I'll be the first to admit, I'm still not happy with the Cowboy defense. But now it gets Robert Quinn back. That should help.

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Carson "Fragile" Wentz has visited the tent...and now back on the field, without bubble wrap
Wichitabear
This was awesome reading. Dez , nice to see his comments.
Assassin
wonder what Miami offered for Taco.

wonder what we offered for Minkah
Assassin
according to the Miami Herald, Dallas has dropped out of the Minkah sweepstakes
BearForce
Assassin said:

wonder what Miami offered for Taco.

wonder what we offered for Minkah

I hear Miami offered some chips and salsa
BearForce
Assassin said:

Yep I saw that too...
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Yep I saw that too...
I would have given them our 1 next year plus Taco
trey3216
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Yep I saw that too...

That's beyond idiotic. He doesn't really have a position on the Cowboys. He's not better than Xavier Woods. He's not better than Chido or Lewis rt now either.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Yep I saw that too...

That's beyond idiotic. He doesn't really have a position on the Cowboys. He's not better than Xavier Woods. He's not better than Chido or Lewis rt now either.

I would not give a first either but he is better than Jeff Heath and probably Anthony Brown.
BearForce
The Eagles will return from Wentz they came....with a "L"

Dallas in first place alone!
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Yep I saw that too...
So tell me why.

Fitzpatrick was projected to be a first round pick top cornerback prospect in the draft by DraftScout.com and was ranked as the top safety prospect by Sports Illustrated and NFL analyst Mike Mayock.

In his first season, Fitzpatrick started his career primarily as the nickel back or slot corner. He mixed in some safety work, too, but played in more than 80 percent of Miami's defensive snaps twice in the first eight games. Since then, he's played at least 96.5 percent of the defensive snaps in every game, started at outside cornerback in the 13th and 14th contests with NFL interceptions leader Xavien Howard sidelined by a knee injury and started at safety with T.J. McDonald out. He has a huge upside once the D coordinator figures out where to play him.

Overall, Fitzpatrick's 883 snaps played rank third on the Dolphins' defense in 2018, behind linebacker Kiko Alonso and McDonald.

Dallas will be picking somewhere between 25 and (hopefully) 32.

The kid is 6'1, 207 and only in the second year of his rookie deal.

Why would you not want this guy on your team, especiallly for a late first? And to me Taco is a throw-in.
Assassin
BTW - Fitzpatricks PFF ranking when he played corner (looking at the passer rating they allowed in coverage.) ranked better than Lewis or Cheeto. As a matter of fact, better than all but 6 NFL CBs that played the position all the time, not partttime lie Fitz
Quote:

7. MINKAH FITZPATRICK, MIAMI DOLPHINS
Passer Rating Allowed: 69.0
Fitzpatrick is the second rookie to make this list, but he's the first player to make it who didn't primarily play outside corner in 2018. The Dolphins had Minkah line up all over the field this past season; he spent 379 snaps as a slot corner, 281 snaps out wide and another 261 snaps as either a free or box safety. In coverage, Minkah was especially effective out of the slot, where he ranked first among cornerbacks by allowing just a 53.4 passer rating.
Assassin
BearForce said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Yep I saw that too...
I would not give a first either but he is better than Jeff Heath and probably Anthony Brown.
why would you not give a first for a kid that did pretty dang well his rookie year? (see stats above).
Assassin
I know Jordan Chunn was waived to bring up Chris Covington who was waived to bring up Cedrick Wilson. Since Chunn cleared, I would think they would sign him to the Practice Squad
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Yep I saw that too...
why would you not give a first for a kid that did pretty dang well his rookie year? (see stats above).

Because we aren't that desperate for his position like we were with Amari last year.

Taco and a second is as high as I go.
trey3216
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Yep I saw that too...

Because we aren't that desperate for his position like we were with Amari last year.

Taco and a second is as high as I go.
That's pretty much where I am.
trey3216
Drew Brees having surgery on his thumb. Out 6-8 weeks.
Franko
trey3216 said:

Brees will miss the Cowboys game, and Sam Darnold may miss the Jets-Cowboys game on 10/13 with mono.
Aliceinbubbleland
trey3216 said:

Saints have been jinxed since their SuperBowl win. Brees, on the other hand, has avoided major injury most of his career.
BearForce
I'll just leave this right here
S11
Staff
BearForce said:

I'll just leave this right here

Aaaand Rosen...
BearForce
BearForce
Oh Kellen, you funny guy...
GoldMind
BaylorBear20 said:

Cowboys look much better than the eagles.

**** them **********s, right into the earth
Assassin
Then that was a mistake in preparation for 2020. Trading for a kid who can help u todsy also lets u let BJones walk next year. We cant resign all the upcoming contracts. Grabbing a talent like his is a win
BearForce
Assassin said:

Then that was a mistake in preparation for 2020. Trading for a kid who can help u todsy also lets u let BJones walk next year. We cant resign all the upcoming contracts. Grabbing a talent like his is a win

Safeties can be had in the 2nd round who are very good so unless he is a young Earl Thomas, I cant blame the Cowboys for not giving up a first.
trey3216
Gallup out 2-4 weeks due to arthroscopic surgery to repair damaged cartilage in knee.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

Gallup out 2-4 weeks due to arthroscopic surgery to repair damaged cartilage in knee.
Damn! Well at least we know we got something with Devin Smith and it looks like Cedric Wilson will get some work too. That is in addition to Tavon assuming he is back this coming week.
BearForce
So I think you go
WR1 Cooper
WR2 Cobb
WR3 Austin
WR4 Smith
WR5 Wilson

And you can still mix in Pollard, though given how light we went with RB I am not sure how much that will really happen.
Franko
trey3216 said:

That's a bummer. But I guess we can't complaint too much since we aren't the Saints, Steelers, Jets, or Jaguars.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Safeties can be had in the 2nd round who are very good so unless he is a young Earl Thomas, I cant blame the Cowboys for not giving up a first.
Possibly - if his only position was S. He is a first round talent at CB. And proven in the NFL. Not speculative like we would be taking one in the late first.

Meanwhile in the Taco camp...

Assassin
Assassin
NFL passing TD leaders through Sunday of Week 2:
- Lamar Jackson, 7
- Pat Mahomes, 7
- Dak Prescott, 7
- Tom Brady, 5
- Jacoby Brissett, 5
- Case Keenum, 5
- Matt Ryan, 5
- Matthew Stafford, 5
- Russell Wilson, 5
- Andy Dalton, 4
- Jimmy G, 4
- Marcus Mariota, 4
- Carson Wentz, 4
First Page Last Page
Page 327 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.