Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,041 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is this a joke??? What? I hate Dr Pepper, yuk. Coca Cola diet
Wichitabear
I'm going to put this on my phone calendar. Lol great info for you guys
Assassin
Jets sign erratic ex-Dallas K Maher to futures deal

Kicker Brett Maher, released by the Cowboys after 10 misses on field goals, was signed to a futures contract by the Jets. He made two 60-yarders this season.

BearForce
Assassin said:

Jets sign erratic ex-Dallas K Maher to futures deal

Kicker Brett Maher, released by the Cowboys after 10 misses on field goals, was signed to a futures contract by the Jets. He made two 60-yarders this season.

Now remember, for this whole season there was no one available better than Miss Maher!
BearForce
I still don't know if I am Team Draft a WR in the First Round guy, but I went ahead and did it for this mock to see how it plays out.

17: R1P17
WR LAVISKA SHENAULT JR.
COLORADO

51: R2P19
EDGE JAMES LYNCH
BAYLOR
So before you accuse me of going homer, I think Lynch has some Tyrone Crawford flex to him as I think he could play on the edge or be an option at 3 tech and you can't argue the production. Technically I did reach for him as he had a high 3rd round grade and funny enough the next edge on the board after him was the Roche kid from Temple. Man if we can get both to line up for BU in 2020, look out...that said back to the draft.

82: R3P18
S ANTOINE WINFIELD
MINNESOTA

125: R4P17
LB ZACK BAUN
WISCONSIN
So when you look this guy up you are going to blown away by the number of sacks he has. I think he might be more a defensive end prospect in my book.

165: R5P18
DL BRAVVION ROY
BAYLOR
Our new 1-Tech/NT

180: R5P33
CB JEFF GLADNEY
TCU

233: R7P17
CB KARY VINCENT
LSU

Where I ended up at with CB is part of the reason why I'm not sure I go WR in the first round as this WR class stupid deep. That said we all know what kind of corner Gladney is and Vincent has some good production in terms of interceptions so you could say I went for strength in numbers.
BearForce
Pretty sobering article and there is a table that talks to point differential that bares looking at.

Assassin, remember when I asked about who we racked up points and yards against to be the number 1 offense...I think the table I am referring to will be really telling. I think the offense was a bit of fools gold or Jason really did handcuff the offense in games against top tier opponents.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/1/1/21043285/dallas-cowboys-season-a-lesson-in-dysfunction-jason-garrett-dak-prescott
Assassin
BearForce said:

I still don't know if I am Team Draft a WR in the First Round guy, but I went ahead and did it for this mock to see how it plays out.

WR LAVISKA SHENAULT JR.
COLORADO

EDGE JAMES LYNCH
BAYLOR
So before you accuse me of going homer, I think Lynch has some Tyrone Crawford flex to him as I think he could play on the edge or be an option at 3 tech and you can't argue the production. Technically I did reach for him as he had a high 3rd round grade and funny enough the next edge on the board after him was the Roche kid from Temple. Man if we can get both to line up for BU in 2020, look out...that said back to the draft.

S ANTOINE WINFIELD
MINNESOTA

LB ZACK BAUN
WISCONSIN
So when you look this guy up you are going to blown away by the number of sacks he has. I think he might be more a defensive end prospect in my book.

DL BRAVVION ROY
BAYLOR
Our new 1-Tech/NT

CB JEFF GLADNEY
TCU

CB KARY VINCENT
LSU

Where I ended up at with CB is part of the reason why I'm not sure I go WR in the first round as this WR class stupid deep. That said we all know what kind of corner Gladney is and Vincent has some good production in terms of interceptions so you could say I went for strength in numbers.
I would be ecstatic drafting all three of our NFL elgible top tier - Roy, Lynch and Mims. Each brings what I feel are an NFL skill set. I am probably a bit of a homer on this, its hard to translate talent and not bring Baylor into the mix, both the players that went against us and our own
Assassin
I dont think Hurts would make it past New England or New Orleans at the end of round 1. But if he is there in Round 2, I would feel really comfortable about taking him there. Protects us against Dak signing a franchise deal and leaving, and also having his shoulder be an ongoing issue
BearForce
Assassin said:

I dont think Hurts would make it past New England or New Orleans at the end of round 1. But if he is there in Round 2, I would feel really comfortable about taking him there. Protects us against Dak signing a franchise deal and leaving, and also having his shoulder be an ongoing issue

I dont like Hurts as a thrower though funny enough in the mock I did above he went to Carolina in the first round. I say that because he reminds me of a poor man's Cam Newton.
Assassin
Technically Jason Garrett is no longer our coach if reports are correct and 3 days past our last game (or Jan 14th) ends the contract.

Whew... thought another extension might be in disorder
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I dont like Hurts as a thrower though funny enough in the mock I did above he went to Carolina in the first round. I say that because he reminds me of a poor man's Cam Newton.
Dak had a great year - for the most part. 1 yard away from the best year ever for any Cowboy tossing the rock. But not signing the extension, wanting $40mil per and having the shoulder injury all lead me to believe that we need some pretty solid insurance. Just as I was against signing Zeke, which I still am, I am leaning toward not signing Dak to an extension at $40 mil. Franchise him for a year. See what he can do. I dont see that the QB money going too much higher in that one year.

Franchising him would be $26.7 mil. Seems like the way to go
Machiavelli
BearForce said:

WR LAVISKA SHENAULT JR.
COLORADO

EDGE JAMES LYNCH
BAYLOR

S ANTOINE WINFIELD
MINNESOTA

LB ZACK BAUN
WISCONSIN

DL BRAVVION ROY
BAYLOR
Our new 1-Tech/NT

CB JEFF GLADNEY
TCU

CB KARY VINCENT
LSU

Shenault is super talented but I think a bit of a head case, and injury prone as well.
Machiavelli
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I don't think Hurts can play QB in the NFL.
Machiavelli
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Dak had a great year - for the most part. 1 yard away from the best year ever for any Cowboy tossing the rock. But not signing the extension, wanting $40mil per and having the shoulder injury all lead me to believe that we need some pretty solid insurance. Just as I was against signing Zeke, which I still am, I am leaning toward not signing Dak to an extension at $40 mil. Franchise him for a year. See what he can do. I dont see that the QB money going too much higher in that one year.

Agreed. He'd have to come to me with an offer at this point. Just franchise him this year (and probably next) and go from there.
trey3216
Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

This is the correct answer
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Assassin
Machiavelli said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Agreed. He'd have to come to me with an offer at this point. Just franchise him this year (and probably next) and go from there.
Good point in the DMN:

Congrats to Dak Prescott on throwing for more than 4,900 yards and coming within one yard of Tony Romo's team record. The Cowboys' job is to make sure he never does it again. The top five in passing yards this season were Tampa Bay's Jameis Winston, Prescott, LA's Jared Goff and Philip Rivers and Atlanta's Matt Ryan. You won't see any of them in the playoffs in January.

And, by the way, the Cowboys were also 8-8 when Romo threw for 4,903 yards in 2012.
GoldMind
trey3216 said:

Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Careful. I talked mad **** about Murray and some folks said I was wrong.
trey3216
GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Murray actually has an arm
Assassin
Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Then who? I cant see us going QB in the 1st, we need a DB. Maybe 2nd.

Our projected slots (the comp pick for for Beazley)

1st Round (17) 17th
2nd Round (19) 51st
3rd Round (18) 82nd
4th Round (17) 122nd
5th Round (19) 156th
5th Round Comp (2)- 180th
* 6th Round (18) 199th Traded to Miami Dolphins for Robert Quinn
7th Round (17) 233rd

I think that if they make it past New Orleans and New England, there are probably these; Jordan Love from Utah State, Jacob Eason from Washington, Jake Fromm from Georgia,

Later round might be Kellen Mond from Ags

Its not a great draft for QB
Assassin
trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I may be wrong, but I think he might have two of them
Assassin
Cowboy Wire mentions Neville Gallimore as a Rd 1 pick. 6'2, 330 fireplug type off 0-1 tech. Runs a 4.76 forty at that weight with a superfast first step.

I have campaigned for that type of player for us for years. If later ion the draft, would love to grab Bravion Roy.
GoldMind
trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Takes more than an arm to make an nfl qb, you know that.
trey3216
GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

i know, but Hurts doesn't even have that
Assassin
trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

So who do you like better - Rd 2 or later?
trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

i wouldn't draft Hurts to play QB in the NFL at all. Not in any round.
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

But who do you like better? I would hate to go into 2020 with Cooper Rush as the backup for a possible 1 year dealed, shoulder/arm hurting Dak Prescott. Personally I would take Hurts over Rush
boognish_bear
https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-12-12-five-reasons-why-jerry-jones-will-pursue-nick-saban-for-cowboys-head-coach/
GoldMind
boognish_bear said:

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-12-12-five-reasons-why-jerry-jones-will-pursue-nick-saban-for-cowboys-head-coach/

Jerry is way into giving septegenarians jobs as HC
boognish_bear
GoldMind said:

boognish_bear said:

Jerry is way into giving septegenarians jobs as HC

Unless their name rhymes with Lom Tandry
Wichitabear
Me too
BearForce
So I have gone back and forth on Dak like most everyone else here but as I think about it, if you tag him you are just delaying an even bigger payday. From what I understand, his team wants to get another contract after this one and doesn't look like they are going to back off of that. Given that I just go ahead and say ok Dak I will give you 3 years at $36M which places him among the top QBs while also not hamstringing the team long term. Of course then you better be ready to draft a QB high in year 2 if you want to move on.

You then can look at taging Amari and or Byron Jones and to be honest given what we are going to lose in the secondary, I think you need to keep Byron. He won't get you interceptions but he will take away one side of the field for you.
BaylorRocks
boognish_bear said:

Someone obviously has pictures..........
BearForce
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

Machiavelli said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

But who do you like better? I would hate to go into 2020 with Cooper Rush as the backup for a possible 1 year dealed, shoulder/arm hurting Dak Prescott. Personally I would take Hurts over Rush

Man I just dont see it with Hurts. Now someone to think about later in the draft is Shea Patterson at Michigan.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
What are they trying to "resolve"? This whole saga is so confusing

First Page Last Page
Page 382 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.