Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,078,169 Views | 29549 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by BearForce
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin I am thinking your QB maybe Patterson...pretty impressed with his mobility and arm. He is doing very well against Alabama today.
boognish_bear
Looks like they are taking a break from their daily meetings

GoldMind
BearForce said:

Assassin I am thinking your QB maybe Patterson...pretty impressed with his mobility and arm. He is doing very well against Alabama today.

Welp
Assassin
BearForce said:

Guessing he is a 5th or 7th round selection (we dont have a 6) based on what I am reading, Just above him would be Shane Buechele (SMU) and Kellen Mond (Ag).
Wichitabear
Which one of those would y'all take?
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Welp

Well I wrote that earlier before he started missing deep balls but he does have nice mobility and a good arm. If you are going to draft a project QB, not that I would, there are worst options.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Guessing he is a 5th or 7th round selection (we dont have a 6) based on what I am reading, Just above him would be Shane Buechele (SMU) and Kellen Mond (Ag).

7th round...not sure I get Mond...he can barely pass as a QB for Aggy.
Assassin
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Welp
Well I wrote that earlier before he started missing deep balls but he does have nice mobility and a good arm. If you are going to draft a project QB, not that I would, there are worst options.
what kind of werst?
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Welp
what kind of werst?

Frog werst
boognish_bear
Ed Werder on ESPN radio saying he's starting to get the impression Jones might stick with Garrett as HC.... or keep him in the organization to work with a new coach they bring in
Wichitabear
Ooooh that is infuriating! Jason Garrett doesn't need to help a new coach. He will just be in the way! Jerry's little puppet to keep everyone in line with what he wants. This is just a load of crap. I hope this doesn't happen
boognish_bear
GoldMind
If he has a role at all, it should be as consultant at best. Front office maybe.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

If he has a role at all, it should be as consultant at best. Front office maybe.

Totally disagree, he can be the door greeter as the guys go to and from the locker room.
Wichitabear
Lolol I don't think I even want that
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Totally disagree, he can be the door greeter as the guys go to and from the locker room.
I mean, hes not ******ed, hes just not a very good HC
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Lolol I don't think I even want that

Why? It involves a lot of clapping and no, and I mean no one, claps like the Ginger Clapper!
Wichitabear
Lolol
Wichitabear
Yes, he is a good man but he needs to move on! We must clean house. Jerry is big disappointment. Guess we will have to settle for not ever going back to the playoffs!
GoldMind
Wichitabear said:

Yes, he is a good man but he needs to move on! We must clean house. Jerry is big disappointment. Guess we will have to settle for not ever going back to the playoffs!
This is madness. This is Americas Team, not the doodoo Browns.

The ravages of old age are coming for Jerry. No amount of money stops the reaper.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Dude, relax and besides throwing around the "R" is not satisfactory. They either need to move on or they need to do a huge sell job to the fan base if they attempt to retain him as a HC.
BaylorRocks
HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS !
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Dude, relax and besides throwing around the "R" is not satisfactory. They either need to move on or they need to do a huge sell job to the fan base if they attempt to retain him as a HC.
I just dont believe that hes wholly unable to contribute in anyway. Hes just not a good HC.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

There is not a thing they could say to sell keeping Garrett to the fans....they will get rightfully ripped by the fans and the media....or medja.
Wichitabear
Exactly
GoldMind
boognish_bear said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

There is not a thing they could say to sell keeping Garrett to the fans....they will get rightfully ripped by the fans and the media....or medja.
I dont want to keep Garrett as coach whatsoever. But hes a smart guy.
boognish_bear
GoldMind said:

boognish_bear said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

It would just seem a little weird to me if we are going to bring in a new guy that we would still have the old guy hanging around.
boognish_bear
GoldMind
boognish_bear said:

GoldMind said:

boognish_bear said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

It would just seem a little weird to me if we are going to bring in a new guy that we would still have the old guy hanging around.
Yea might be awkward
Assassin
According to Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett reported to work "as usual" Thursday.
It's unclear if another meeting is planned between Garrett and Jerry Jones, though NFL Network's Jane Slater did report that Jones returned to Dallas Thursdayafter spending his New Years in Aspen. It's still hard to envision Dallas retaining Garrett after he underachieved in 2019, but obviously Jones is no rush to make a decision. The Cowboys can simply run out the clock on Garrett's contract, which is set to expire on January 14, though they'd be putting themselves in a difficult position as many of the top coaching candidates will be off the market by then.
SOURCE: Calvin Watkins
BearForce
This pretty much confirms any fears anyone could dream of regarding disfunction. If anything this proves Garrett is an idiot as if I was told I wasnt getting an extension and not being able to call my own plays I would have quit right there. Coming off of last year's performance he would already would have been coaching somewhere else.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869424-cowboys-rumors-jason-garrett-asked-to-call-plays-after-not-getting-new-contract
BearForce
And now Ed Werder is saying its done

Cowboys to move on without Jason Garrett, source says
9:08 PM CT
ESPN
Jason Garrett's time with the Dallas Cowboys is coming to an end.

A source told ESPN's Ed Werder that after showing an "abundance of care and respect," for Garrett, Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have decided the coach will not be part of the organization moving forward.

According to multiple sources, the Joneses and Garrett did not have their scheduled meeting at The Star on Thursday after meeting on Monday and Tuesday without any resolution on the coach's status. Garrett's contract is set to expire on Jan. 14 and his status with the team has been an issue since last February when the Cowboys opted not to offer him an extension.

The Cowboys missed the playoffs in 2019 and finished 8-8 for the fourth time in Garrett's nine season as coach. He will finish as the second-longest tenured and second-most winningest coach in team history to Tom Landry with a record of 85-67, but he won just two playoff games and was unable to get past the divisional round.

Once the parting becomes official, the Cowboys will begin their first full-blown coaching search since Bill Parcells' retirement following the 2006 season. Before hiring Wade Phillips ahead of the 2007 season, the Cowboys cast a wide net in their interview process that included Garrett, Norv Turner, Mike Singletary, Jim Caldwell, Ron Rivera, Todd Bowles, Todd Haley and Tony Sparano.
Russell Gym
No Thursday meeting, according to Ed Werder. Garrett will not be with Dallas going forward.

He Gone.
BearForce
Nothing confirmed locally yet...
First Page Last Page
Page 383 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.