Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,077,704 Views | 29549 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by BearForce
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great info Bearforce!!! Don't y'all just love all these Aranda hirings for Baylor? It's so exciting!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Great info Bearforce!!! Don't y'all just love all these Aranda hirings for Baylor? It's so exciting!
Pretty happy so far
Assassin
BearForce said:

Hmm, the mighty Quinn may not leave after all:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/1/24/21080203/cowboys-2020-free-agency-jerry-jones-says-not-so-fast-on-the-idea-robert-quinn-leaving-the-cowboys

Jerry Jones wants Robert Quinn to stay in Dallas

Robert Quinn is a free agent come March, but if the Dallas Cowboys have their way, he may not hit the market. I'm told Jerry Jones has been aggressive in letting Quinn know that he wants the pass rusher to be playing in a Cowboys uniform next year. I'm also told Quinn's preference is to remain in Dallas. If Dallas makes Quinn a competitive offer, don't expect him to leave town next season.
I like this, even if we go to 3-4, he could play OLB/DE on obvious pass rushing situation
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Ok are you two watching the basketball game tonight? Or out on hot dates? Lololol I have not seen y'all support the girls today or any comments on the boys.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Ok are you two watching the basketball game tonight? Or out on hot dates? Lololol I have not seen y'all support the girls today or any comments on the boys.

Try again missy
Wichitabear
Lol. Ok y'all are just duds. Lolol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Lol. Ok y'all are just duds. Lolol

Or may you're just needy...LOL
Wichitabear
Oh ok. Lololol
BearForce
Yes please!
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/1/25/21080994/cowboys-free-agency-focus-could-run-stuffing-andrew-billings-be-a-fit-for-cowboys
Assassin

The most important person in Dallas Cowboys history that you probably never heard of. Tony Dorsett would not have been a Cowboy without Salam Quresishi. This is the fella that created the NFL's first 'Moneyball' system - for the Dallas Cowboys. Gil Brandt went to IBM to get some help to create this system and ended up with a very much younger Salam, who had never seen a football game. The Cowboys bought a computer that comparatively, had less computing power than the weakest of today's smartphones. During the drafts they had both a 18" thick book and the computer to call up by position, height, weight and of course 1-9 grading for anything from quickness to aggressiveness.
BearForce
Assassin said:

The most important person in Dallas Cowboys history that you probably never heard of. Tony Dorsett would not have been a Cowboy without Salam Quresishi. This is the fella that created the NFL's first 'Moneyball' system - for the Dallas Cowboys. Gil Brandt went to IBM to get some help to create this system and ended up with a very much younger Salam, who had never seen a football game. The Cowboys bought a computer that comparatively, had less computing power than the weakest of today's smartphones. During the drafts they had both a 18" thick book and the computer to call up by position, height, weight and of course 1-9 grading for anything from quickness to aggressiveness.

And just imagine how much money he could have made taking that skill and applying it to video games, especially sports games. He, along with Brandt and the Cowboys in general were ahead of the curve. Hopefully we can get back to that.
Assassin
wouldya?

NFL Media's Mike Garafolo reports free agent S Eric Berry plans to play in 2020.
Berry intentionally sat out 2019 despite receiving interest from teams this past year in an attempt to get his body and mind ready for the 2020 NFL season. The 3x All-Pro safety will only be 31 next year but has played just three games since the 2016 season ended. Berry will need to prove he's fully healthy to sign a big contract in free agency this offseason. There's a chance Berry can return starting-level play, but signing Berry would be a roll of the dice.
SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Jan 25, 2020, 2:03 PM ET
Assassin
Impending free agent WR Amari Cooper reiterated he wants to play for the Cowboys for a "long time."
Cooper told NFL Network's Jane Slater that his agent has yet to open talks with Dallas, though it's clear the fifth-year wideout feels most comfortable in Big D. Though his team underachieved, the 25-year-old was a bright spot for the Cowboys in 2019, setting career-highs in both yards (1,179) and touchdowns (eight). The Cowboys have some tough financial decisions ahead of them with Cooper, Dak Prescott and Byron Jones all slated to hit free agency, though luckily they'll have the fifth-most cap space to work with ($81.06 million).
SOURCE: Jane Slater on Twitter
Jan 23, 2020, 2:15 PM ET
Assassin
    With so few CBs available, we will be outbid for Byron. He will probably get between 15 and 18 per and my guess is we are at 10-12m

Dallasnews.com's Michael Gehlken reports "there are no indications the Cowboys are prepared to match the aggressive valuation for (Byron Jones') services that external suitors likely will place."Gehlken added that a bidding war appears imminent for the Cowboys' stud CB, but the team's top-two priorities are getting Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper locked up. Jones doesn't shadow No. 1 WRs or make a habit of creating turnovers; he has just two career interceptions in 79 games. Still, Jones is just 27 years old and has already demonstrated the ability to function as an above-average safety in addition to his steady play at corner.SOURCE: Dallasnews.comJan 23, 2020, 11:43 AM ET

BearForce
Assassin said:

With so few CBs available, we will be outbid for Byron. He will probably get between 15 and 18 per and my guess is we are at 10-12m

Dallasnews.com's Michael Gehlken reports "there are no indications the Cowboys are prepared to match the aggressive valuation for (Byron Jones') services that external suitors likely will place."Gehlken added that a bidding war appears imminent for the Cowboys' stud CB, but the team's top-two priorities are getting Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper locked up. Jones doesn't shadow No. 1 WRs or make a habit of creating turnovers; he has just two career interceptions in 79 games. Still, Jones is just 27 years old and has already demonstrated the ability to function as an above-average safety in addition to his steady play at corner.SOURCE: Dallasnews.comJan 23, 2020, 11:43 AM ET

I dont think Mike Nolan wants to keep him.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I dont think Mike Nolan wants to keep him.
Given the fact we have so little in the wings, I think he is nutz if he thinks so. We will have to grab some reclamation projects to make 2020 work
Machiavelli
He's not worth what he's probably going to get. I'm fine letting him walk at the numbers we're talking about.
Assassin
Machiavelli said:

He's not worth what he's probably going to get. I'm fine letting him walk at the numbers we're talking about.
who you gonna get to cover the spot. We are DB poor
Assassin
My current wishlist at 17

Grant Delpit S LSU
Isaih Simmons LB Clemson
Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina

If gone
Xavier McKinney S Bama
CJ Henderson CB Florida
Trevone Diggs CB Bama

Tradeback a few
Rawkown David DT Bama
Machiavelli
Assassin said:

Machiavelli said:

who you gonna get to cover the spot. We are DB poor

Jourdan Lewis. Need to further address via draft and FA. Preferably with someone who can get picks.
Assassin
My guys were gone and Derrick Brown sitting there in the Green Room, feeling unwanted. My draft is a success no matter who else I chose

17: R1P17
DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN

51: R2P19
LB ANFERNEE JENNINGS
ALABAMA

82: R3P18
S BRANDON JONES
TEXAS

120: R4P17
WR DEVIN DUVERNAY
TEXAS

164: R5P18
TE HARRISON BRYANT
FLORIDA ATLANTIC

179: R5P33
S J.R. REED
GEORGIA

231: R7P17
CB A.J. GREEN
OKLAHOMA STATE
Assassin
Gotta say that if an Andrew Thomas dropped to us at 17, with Kinlaw gone, I might have to take the kid. A plug and play LT. Gives a great problem, what to do with your existing OL talent

This kid is good. One of the Georgia kids we didnt see in the Sugar Bowl
Assassin
Dak talking up Mike McCarthy and Kellen Moore

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/video/dallas-cowboys-quarterback-dak-prescott-explains-why-guys-are-gonna-follow-head-coach-mike-mccarthy/1ud2fesf1s4z1hlf2gw435334
Assassin
  • ESPN's Todd Archer doesn't expect the Cowboys to re-sign free agent DE Robert Quinn.
    Quinn led the Cowboys with 11.5 sacks despite missing the first two weeks to suspension. With Amari Cooper, Dak Prescott, and Byron Jones all higher priorities, he's unlikely to be back in Dallas. Coming off a rebound year, Quinn won't struggle for interest if he reaches the open market.
    SOURCE: ESPN Dallas
    Jan 29, 2020, 1:20 PM ET

Assassin
  • Dak Prescott told NFL Network's Ian Rapoport he has "confidence" the Cowboys will extend him.
    Extending Prescott is the Cowboys' top priority, but the sides have yet to get anything done. That's still fully expected to happen before the start of free agency, though it's possible Dallas may have to use the franchise tag on Prescott while working out a long-term deal. Prescott is going to command the $30-plus million annually that Russell Wilson and Carson Wentz got last offseason. Locking up Prescott will allow the Cowboys to turn their attention to re-signing Amari Cooper and Byron Jones.
    SOURCE: NFL Network
    Jan 29, 2020, 9:32 AM ET

BearForce
R1P17
EDGE K'LAVON CHAISSON
LSU

51: R2P19
TE COLE KMET
NOTRE DAME

82: R3P18
S ANTOINE WINFIELD
MINNESOTA

120: R4P17
WR DEVIN DUVERNAY
TEXAS

164: R5P18
DL BRAVVION ROY
BAYLOR

179: R5P33
CB MYLES BRYANT
WASHINGTON

231: R7P17
CB LUQ BARCOO
SAN DIEGO STATE
Assassin
It sound like Quinn and Bennett will both be gone next season. DLaw and who?

Any word on Gregory coming back or his status?
GoldMind
Assassin said:

It sound like Quinn and Bennett will both be gone next season. DLaw and who?

Any word on Gregory coming back or his status?

He's might be high as Jamaican right now for all we know
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
boognish_bear
GoldMind
boognish_bear said:

The reaper is coming. Won't be too long now.
Assassin
Free agent Jason Witten "remains undecided" on retirement and is open to finishing his career with another team.
This falls in line with reports Witten could follow OC Jason Garrett to the Giants. Entering his age-38 season, Witten didn't show much dropoff after sitting out 2018. Witten's retirement plans could carry into the offseason, but there should be a market for him.
SOURCE: Rob Maaddi on Twitter
Feb 1, 2020, 1:12 PM ET
Assassin
Speaking Thursday, impending free agent Dak Prescott said he's "disappointed" a deal hasn't already been done.
"I'm a little disappointed that it hasn't, but that's part of it," was Prescott's exact quote. Prescott also pointedly told reporters he will not be training in Dallas this offseason. "Report that," Prescott said. "Be sure to report that." Prescott strongly hinted he did not want to be franchise tagged. "I don't think any of that is necessary," Prescott said. "But that's business. That's all calculated. That's all on them." It's safe to say Prescott appears to be gearing up for a game of hardball.
SOURCE: Dallas Morning News
Jan 30, 2020, 8:17 PM ET
Wichitabear
Great. Just great!!!/s
Assassin
Eric Berry

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/why-wont-cowboys-sign-comeback-minded-chiefs-all-pro-safety-eric-berry
Assassin

First Page Last Page
Page 393 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.