Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,089,554 Views | 29562 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by trey3216
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I never thought I'd say this, but if we let Dak walk and hire a 43 year old cheater, I might not watch any games that season.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Machiavelli
GoldMind said:

I never thought I'd say this, but if we let Dak walk and hire a 43 year old cheater, I might not watch any games that season.

If Dak is going to suck every last penny he can out of our cap space, he can suck it. That said, Brady wouldn't really do much for me as his replacement. I guess it would give us a year to find our long term solution.
GoldMind
Machiavelli said:

GoldMind said:

If Dak is going to suck every last penny he can out of our cap space, he can suck it. That said, Brady wouldn't really do much for me as his replacement. I guess it would give us a year to find our long term solution.

Maybe. But it's not like a legit replacement is just a phone call away.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Wichitabear
I don't think this is going to happen. I can't even picture Brady in a Cowboy uniform or him wanting to be in one.
GoldMind
Wichitabear said:

I don't think this is going to happen. I can't even picture Brady in a Cowboy uniform or him wanting to be in one.

He brings nothing to the metroplex but a hot wife and deflated footballs
BearForce
17: R1P17
EDGE K'LAVON CHAISSON
LSU

51: R2P19
DL JUSTIN MADUBUIKE
TEXAS A&M

82: R3P18
S ANTOINE WINFIELD
MINNESOTA

120: R4P17
WR DENZEL MIMS
BAYLOR

164: R5P18
CB HARRISON HAND
TEMPLE

179: R5P33
CB MICHAEL OJEMUDIA
IOWA

231: R7P17
DL BENITO JONES
MISSISSIPPI
Assassin
Machiavelli said:

GoldMind said:

I was much more about trading off zeke than I would have been about Dak, only because qbs are harder to come by, but my final words about it to him would be, if we sign you at $37s mil, we cant sign Jones. if you sign at $32, we can work out a deal with our starting CB
Wichitabear
Exactly!!!! I was thinking about all the money we gave Zeke and it makes me sick because he didn't play as well as I thought he should but here again it could be the calls he got
BearForce
Oh LSU...LOL

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/10/lsu-hiring-scott-linehan-report/
Wichitabear
Lol good luck with that decision.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Lol good luck with that decision.

Nick Saban will sleep well tonight
BearForce
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Exactly!!!! I was thinking about all the money we gave Zeke and it makes me sick because he didn't play as well as I thought he should but here again it could be the calls he got
the stars had aligned for one of the most high value trades we could have made since Herschel Walker. Rushing champ in 2 of the past three years, prime of his career, big marquee name. Easily two #1s plus.

Plus Pollard in the wings AND whatever else you could get at those #1s. And of course all the new bodies would come in well under the total of what we are paying Zeke now
UBBY
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

the stars had aligned for one of the most high value trades we could have made since Herschel Walker. Rushing champ in 2 of the past three years, prime of his career, big marquee name. Easily two #1s plus.

Plus Pollard in the wings AND whatever else you could get at those #1s. And of course all the new bodies would come in well under the total of what we are paying Zeke now

That would've been a Belichick or Jimmy Johnson type of move for sure but that wasn't going to happen. The only way they can really make this work is by trading him after the 2022 season. They designed it that way by betting they could get the most out of him for 7 seasons. Then it won't hurt as bad against the cap. Only 6.7 million against the cap. That's of course if they release him after the 2022 season.
Assassin
UBBY said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

That would've been a Belichick or Jimmy Johnson type of move for sure but that wasn't going to happen. The only way they can really make this work is by trading him after the 2022 season. They designed it that way by betting they could get the most out of him for 7 seasons. Then it won't hurt as bad against the cap. Only 6.7 million against the cap. That's of course if they release him after the 2022 season.
I'm speaking of trading him back before he signed the new deal. He would still be on his rookie deal
Wichitabear
Exactly!
trey3216
Assassin said:

UBBY said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

I'm speaking of trading him back before he signed the new deal. He would still be on his rookie deal

you were t going to get 1 first, let alone 2, in today's NFL valuation market
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

UBBY said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

I would bet you would have gotten 2 #1s from the right team. In this case the Raiders had 3 1sts. Take the later firsts and the Raiders would have had thier marquee player as the head into Las Vegas this upcoming season
Assassin
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

UBBY said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

I would bet you would have gotten 2 #1s from the right team. In this case the Raiders had 3 1sts. Take the later firsts and the Raiders would have had thier marquee player as the head into Las Vegas this upcoming season
Q
Add that they got Bama RB Josh Jacobs and S Miss S Jonathan Abrams at those picks.
trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

UBBY said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

for Zeke!? You're out of your mind
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

So you think that if you had the chance to get the fella that led the NFL in rushing in two of the past three years, only 23 years old, still two years left on his rookie deal for two unproven late round firsts, you wouldn't do it? You would have to be nutz not to
Assassin
Sean Lee has made a decision on his status in 2020: "I'm playing," he told ESPN.com. While a return to the Cowboys for an 11th season is not out of the question, he is set to be a free agent in March. Lee, who turns 34 in July, played in every game last season and was credited by the coaches with 109 tackles, which was second on the team.
Machiavelli
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

So you think that if you had the chance to get the fella that led the NFL in rushing in two of the past three years, only 23 years old, still two years left on his rookie deal for two unproven late round firsts, you wouldn't do it? You would have to be nutz not to

Well, that logic means it would have been stupid for the Cowboys to make that trade?
Assassin
Machiavelli said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Well, that logic means it would have been stupid for the Cowboys to make that trade?
Not when you go up a couple of posts to get the context of the conversation which was we paid him waaay too much in the new contract. If we had traded him, not only would we have had two new players, they would have been at a much lower cost over several years
trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

or I could draft someone in the third round for 1/3 of the money and get 80-90% of the production and still have two first round picks.
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

or I could draft someone in the third round for 1/3 of the money and get 80-90% of the production and still have two first round picks.
lots of possibilities that we will never have.

And all of this based on us having 70+ percent of the cap on Offense with more to come and a lack of starters and depth on D
trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

lots of possibilities that we will never have.

And all of this based on us having 70+ percent of the cap on Offense with more to come and a lack of starters and depth on D

not disagreeing about the cap implications of the Zeke deal, I'm just saying there's no way we were going to get a single first for him, let alone 2. Not in the current NFL landscape
GoldMind
I think you're all smoking dried drain cleaner if you think we can get "80-90%" of Zekes production in a 3rd rounder.

He's only the best RB we've had since Emmitt left.
Machiavelli
Assassin said:

Machiavelli said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Not when you go up a couple of posts to get the context of the conversation which was we paid him waaay too much in the new contract. If we had traded him, not only would we have had two new players, they would have been at a much lower cost over several years

Well whoever traded for him would have had to do the same.
S11
Staff
GoldMind said:

I think you're all smoking dried drain cleaner if you think we can get "80-90%" of Zekes production in a 3rd rounder.

Which recent super bowl champs have spent that much on a RB?

He's good but teams winning the biggest aren't treating RB like a key position to invest in.
GoldMind
S11 said:

GoldMind said:

He's good but teams winning the biggest aren't treating RB like a key position to invest in.

I didnt say hes worth 50mil, I said he was the best.

I like having players I can talk to my kids about, not randoms.

S11
Staff
GoldMind said:

S11 said:

GoldMind said:

I like playoff wins past the wild card round people under 30 remember, not ones that predated Y2K.

Spending anywhere near what Zeke demands on a contract is poor roster management. Free up resources for building out the roster to win with, possibly get some picks to fill holes, and go win.
GoldMind
S11 said:

GoldMind said:

S11 said:

GoldMind said:

I like playoff wins past the wild card round people under 30 remember, not ones that predated Y2K.

Spending anywhere near what Zeke demands on a contract is poor roster management. Free up resources for building out the roster to win with, possibly get some picks to fill holes, and go win.
If we dont pay him, I guess we can just be sad when he goes to another team and wins a trophy.

I dont think were gonna get any better by letting the best RB and the best QB walk, probably the only one on earth who thinks that.
trey3216
GoldMind said:

S11 said:

GoldMind said:

S11 said:

GoldMind said:

If we dont pay him, I guess we can just be sad when he goes to another team and wins a trophy.

I dont think were gonna get any better by letting the best RB and the best QB walk, probably the only one on earth who thinks that.

Zeke isn't the best in the league right now, and I love him. Dak isn't even in the top 10 in the league, and if he is, he's No. 10.
S11
Staff
GoldMind said:

S11 said:

GoldMind said:

S11 said:

GoldMind said:

Top tier QBs deserve elite pay and paying them rarely costs a title shot.

RB's??? Not so much

Look at who's winning Super Bowls and it gets obvious
First Page Last Page
Page 396 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.