Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,075,411 Views | 29541 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by BearForce
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oh Terrance...
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
crap
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
crap again
Assassin
Needed this one after yesterday
BearInBigD
Tough loss. Rams front four gave us just enough trouble to make the difference. Add that to our special teams mistakes, and a loss was the result.
GoldMind
Needed what?
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

Needed this one after yesterday
Just saw this score! What a horrible weekend. Thought sure we would win this game.
Assassin
BearInBigD said:

Tough loss. Rams front four gave us just enough trouble to make the difference. Add that to our special teams mistakes, and a loss was the result.
Dak was just off today. Couldnt find the strike zone. Lucky he didnt have three or four INTs
Hotsauce
Bad loss.

The muffed punt and botched kickoff coverage kept the Rams alive when they should have been buried before the half. Defense looked pretty soft w/o Sean Lee out there. Ughhh
Gust Avrakotos
Something is wrong with our OL.....I think they have been reading their own press clippings.

This team is going 8-8 if we can't get it figured out.
BearForce
WAC_K_O BEAR said:

Something is wrong with our OL.....I think they have been reading their own press clippings.

This team is going 8-8 if we can't get it figured out.

We are playing spares at LG instead of paying Ron Leary.
Pat Neff
Assassin
Pat DoneyVerified account @PatDoneyNBC5 5h5 hours ago

Anthony Brown is going to block a field goal this season. He's come ridiculously close three times in the last five quarters of football.
Assassin
DeMarcus Lawrence's career high in sacks entering this season was eight, which came in 2015. He has 7.5 in the first four games this season, including one in Sunday's loss to the Los Angeles Rams. Lawrence saw more attention from the Rams with a tight end or a running back helping the offensive line, which is something he should expect to see as he continues to get to the opposing quarterback.
VN 68
Tuff weekend for me, but one positive is that Jaylon had a good game.
BearForce
VN 68 said:

Did he?
Assassin
VN 68 said:

true dat. thank goodness we drafted him last year. Dude was a beast today. 10 tackles including 7 solo
Assassin
Elliott, Cowboys await ruling by appeals court

The 5th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals could make a ruling as early as Monday on the NFL's request for a stay of the injunction that is keeping Ezekiel Elliott on the field for the Cowboys.
Assassin
Cowboys DL David Irving has completed his four-game suspension. Dallas has already done a solid job getting after the quarterback early in the season, and now they are getting back a player who finished out last season on a tear. Irving should work back into the rotation quickly.

Source: ESPN
Oct 2 - 12:35 PM
Assassin
Next up - packers;

SPN's Adam Schefter reports Ty Montgomery's rib injury is not as serious as initially thought. This conflicts with earlier reports that Montgomery suffered broken ribs -- an injury that requires 2-4 weeks. Montgomery is "day to day" and could play in Week 5 with Green Bay on an extended layoff. It sounds like Montgomery is only dealing with a bruise or low level fracture. Montgomery was leading the league in snaps before going down, but is unlikely to see a full workload if he plays against the Cowboys.

Packers RB Jamaal Williams' (knee) MRI came back negative, and it's believed he's avoided a long-term injury. The MRI showed Williams avoided ligament tears in his knee, so he's dealing with a sprain. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Williams "could miss" the Packers' next game, "but not more." Aaron Jones looks like Green Bay's probable Week 5 starter against the Cowboys. Ty Montgomery (ribs) is likely to miss 3-4 weeks.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Davante Adams' (neck) MRI came back clean. Adams has been diagnosed with a concussion, so it appears he avoided a serious neck injury. All things considered, it's relatively good news for Adams, though concussions are no small matter. Consider Adams week to week.

Pack has major problems on the OL. Missing their top 5 OTs yesterday against the Bears. Played a Practice squad guy at LT
Assassin
From Spags at DC.com;

The Cowboys scored 24 first-half points, the most first-half points since Game 3 of last season.

The Cowboys gained 440 total yards, 28 more than the Rams and their most since Game 14 of last year.

The Cowboys rushed for 189 yards, 21 more than the Rams and the most since the 191 when beating Green Bay in Game 6 of last year.

The Cowboys actually netted seven more passing yards than the Rams and both teams actually averaged an identically modest 6.6 yards per pass attempt.

Why, the Cowboys finished with a higher third-down conversion percentage than the Rams, tripled the Rams' red zone efficiency and scored twice as many touchdowns as the Rams, 4-2.

At one point in the first half, with the Cowboys having scored on their first three possessions and holding that 17-6 lead, they forced the Rams to punt from their own 37. A laugher was in the making. They were scoring touchdowns while the Rams were kicking field goals.

And on top of all that, the Cowboys scored 30 freaking points, something they had done 16 times over the past 53 regular-season games, winning each and every one of them, going back to the final two games of the 2013 season.

But oh noooo, not this time, somehow, someway, figuring out a way to lose.
Assassin
VN 68 said:

Looking back - he had a great game playing downhill. Anything ahead of him was fair game. But I would assume that his foot is still bothering him in pass coverage. doesnt appear to be able to rotate very well when trying to cover in the flats.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Lee and Hitchens both return
Gust Avrakotos
I'll tell you guys one thing...Jaylon Smith sucks.

He was horrible in coverage yesterday and he's been a non-factor since he made one play against the Giants.
BearForce
WAC_K_O BEAR said:

He was horrible in coverage yesterday and he's been a non-factor since he made one play against the Giants.

Thus my question.....did he really have a good game?

I will say this, I love how the Rams use Todd Gurley in the passing game like a true receiver who can run a route tree.

Also, this won't be popular but Witten's snaps need to go down as he isn't a good blocker anymore nor a receiving threat. I would like to see more Noah Brown and Ryan Switzer.

Speaking of Switzer...somebody better have given him monologue after yesterday.
BaylorProud77
BearForce said:

WAC_K_O BEAR said:

I will say this, I love how the Rams use Todd Gurley in the passing game like a true receiver who can run a route tree.

Also, this won't be popular but Witten's snaps need to go down as he isn't a good blocker anymore nor a receiving threat. I would like to see more Noah Brown and Ryan Switzer.

Ditto
Assassin
BearForce said:

assuming you're speaking of Jaylon Smith. Just like I noted above. he had a great game playing downhill but was exposed on pass coverage. Cowboys didnt want him playing this much but when you have Lee and Hitchens both out, ya gotta do what you gotta do.

Based on what he did at ND, he will be fine once his leg heals all the way
VN 68
I stand corrected. My one bright spot was not bright afterall
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

assuming you're speaking of Jaylon Smith. Just like I noted above. he had a great game playing downhill but was exposed on pass coverage. Cowboys didnt want him playing this much but when you have Lee and Hitchens both out, ya gotta do what you gotta do.

I agree, the future is bright but I can't say he had a great game given his problems in coverage and his frequency in getting himself caught in the wash during running plays.
Gust Avrakotos
VN 68 said:

I stand corrected. My one bright spot was not bright afterall
Yes, unfortunately that guy was exposed in coverage and doesn't show much football instinct in general.

He's been non-existent following his one highlight during the Giants game. He looks lost on the field and takes poor angles.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I agree, the future is bright but I can't say he had a great game given his problems in coverage and his frequency in getting himself caught in the wash during running plays.
He did have a great game playing downhill as I noted. I just dont think his foot/leg is healed enough to backpedal efficiently. He was going to be limited to about 15 snaps a game before the other LBs were hurt.

This is not unexpected.

Assassin
NFL expects a decision in the Ezekiel Elliott case "soon." The NFL is seeking a stay on the injunction which is allowing Elliott to continue playing while his suit against the league is litigated. The Fifth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans heard oral arguments on Monday, and it sounds like they could issue a ruling this week. If the court reverses the injunction, Elliott's suspension would begin immediately. It is not clear, but Alfred Morris appears to be Elliott's handcuff at this point.
Assassin
ex-Cowboy stuff;

Falcons placed DE Jack Crawford on injured reserve with a torn biceps, ending his season. Crawford had been a part-time player, playing in the neighborhood of 20-40 snaps, but it further thins the Falcons' defensive line depth. Crawford signed a "three-year, $9.9 million" contract last March, but could be sent packing next March. He turned 29 last month.
Assassin
next game up:

Speaking Tuesday, Packers RB Jamaal Williams (knee) said he's "good" and believes he can play Week 5 against the Cowboys. Everything is turning up potentially bad for owners who splurged FAAB on Aaron Jones. Ty Montgomery (ribs) has already said he wants to play as long as no further damage can be done, and it sounds like Williams has a legitimate shot to suit up as well. ESPN's Adam Schefter hinted after last Thursday night that Williams' injury wasn't serious and could be back after the 10-day layoff. Monitoring the practice situation for these guys will be important this week.

Speaking Tuesday, Ty Montgomery (ribs) was vague on his Week 5 status. Montgomery confirmed he's dealing with "multiple" broken ribs. He said a decision on his status will be made later this week, and that he's exploring options to protect his midsection. Reading the tea leaves, Montgomery sounds on the wrong side of questionable. Even if Montgomery plays hurt, rookie Aaron Jones should have a role after his promising Week 4 debut.
Assassin
Sean Lee (hamstring) did not practice Thursday. With a bye week up next, the Cowboys likely will be careful with Lee to avoid a long-term injury. It would be surprising if he suits up against the Packers.

Source: David Helman on Twitter
Oct 5 - 12:56 PM
Assassin
Cowboys TE Rico Gathers (injured reserve) is still dealing with concussion symptoms. Considering he suffered the concussion more than a month and a half ago, it is a major concern. Gathers was at the team facility on Thursday, however, so it looks like he is making progress. Gathers is eligible to return Week 9, but that looks like a long shot at this point.

Source: Brandon George on Twitter
Oct 5 - 12:21 PM
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.