Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,687 Views | 29574 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by BearForce
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ESPN's best small school player for each NFL team - our; Dallas Cowboys

Larry Allen, guard
College: Sonoma State
Years with team: 1994-2005
This was a difficult decision, especially with Hall of Famers such as Rayfield Wright (Fort Valley State) and Cliff Harris (Ouachita Baptist) around, but Allen is the best offensive lineman in team history and was a 10-time Pro Bowler and seven-time All-Pro. He was as dominant as any offensive lineman in the game with his strength and athleticism. He was a second-round pick (No. 46 overall) at a time when there were still some secrets in the draft. He performed well at Sonoma State as well as in the Shrine Game, but teams worried about his small-school background. After his rookie season, Allen started every game he played for the Cowboys and helped them win a Super Bowl. -- Todd Archer
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Franko
Assassin said:

ESPN's best small school player for each NFL team - our; Dallas Cowboys

Larry Allen, guard
College: Sonoma State
Years with team: 1994-2005
This was a difficult decision, especially with Hall of Famers such as Rayfield Wright (Fort Valley State) and Cliff Harris (Ouachita Baptist) around, but Allen is the best offensive lineman in team history and was a 10-time Pro Bowler and seven-time All-Pro. He was as dominant as any offensive lineman in the game with his strength and athleticism. He was a second-round pick (No. 46 overall) at a time when there were still some secrets in the draft. He performed well at Sonoma State as well as in the Shrine Game, but teams worried about his small-school background. After his rookie season, Allen started every game he played for the Cowboys and helped them win a Super Bowl. -- Todd Archer

I don't think this is as close as Archer suggests. Larry Allen might be the best offensive lineman to ever play the game or at least he's in the conversation. With all due respect to Rayfield and Cliff, the same cannot be said for them.
UBBY
I tried posting a video from YouTube but it cant be played on here. Go watch the Larry Allen Colts game on YouTube. John Madden is baffled by how dominant Larry was during that game.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
https://sicem365.com/s/6593/jon-machota-of-the-athletic-discusses-all-things-dallas-cowboys/1
Brian Ethridge
Staff
https://sicem365.com/s/6595/former-dallas-cowboy-charlie-waters-joins-sicem365-radio/2
BearForce
How did I do? It cut off but the final pick is Grayland Arnold as the safety prospect and punt returner.

Assassin
The Cowboys took a low-risk flyer Friday on a former top recruit, signing ex-XFL cornerback Saivion Smith. The move came on the same day the spring league folded. Smith is considered a long-shot to make the team's roster, but he will be given a chance to compete for a spot and ultimately could land on the practice squad.
Multiple recruiting outlets once regarded Smith as the nation's top prep cornerback prospect when coming out of IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla. He began his college career at LSU before transferring to a Mississippi junior college and finishing his collegiate career at Alabama. After a team-high three interceptions in his first season, he made the surprising decision to declare early for the draft. He had one season of eligibility remaining in Tuscaloosa.
Smith went undrafted and signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars. They cut him last August.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

The Cowboys took a low-risk flyer Friday on a former top recruit, signing ex-XFL cornerback Saivion Smith. The move came on the same day the spring league folded. Smith is considered a long-shot to make the team's roster, but he will be given a chance to compete for a spot and ultimately could land on the practice squad.
Multiple recruiting outlets once regarded Smith as the nation's top prep cornerback prospect when coming out of IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla. He began his college career at LSU before transferring to a Mississippi junior college and finishing his collegiate career at Alabama. After a team-high three interceptions in his first season, he made the surprising decision to declare early for the draft. He had one season of eligibility remaining in Tuscaloosa.
Smith went undrafted and signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars. They cut him last August.
not that I know about these things, but doesn't sound that promising. Does not excite me
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

not that I know about these things, but doesn't sound that promising. Does not excite me
camp body I think
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

camp body I think

oh yeah. I get it.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

camp body I think

oh yeah. I get it.
cool
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

camp body I think

oh yeah. I get it.
cool
lol
Assassin
newbies jersey numbers
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Randy White on SicEm365 Radio today
GoldMind
Brian Ethridge said:

He will tell you real quick, smokeless is the way to go. Its what gave him his tackling power.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
Brian Ethridge said:

what time?
Brian Ethridge
Staff
https://sicem365.com/s/6624/sicem365-radio-daily-guest-list-links-413/2
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Great interview
Wichitabear
Great Cowboy!!!! Talent
BearForce
Assassin
Brian Martin did a really cool, 'WR to draft in each round' at 'Inside the Star'- here goes:

Round 1: Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
Jerry Jeudy
Alabama Crimson Tide WR Jerry Jeudy (AP Photo/Vasha Hunt)
Any of the Top 3 wide receivers CeeDee Lamb, Henry Ruggs III, Jerry Jeudy in the 2020 NFL Draft would be good fits with the Dallas Cowboys, but Jeudy is the perfect WR for Dak Prescott. Jeudy's precise route running, speed, and ability to pick up yards after the catch would take the Cowboys passing into an entirely different level. Much like Amari Cooper, he's going to be a handful for any defensive back to cover one-on-one on the outside or in the slot.

Honorable Mention: Justin Jefferson (LSU), Denzel Mims (Baylor)

Round 2: Jalen Reagor, TCU
Jalen Reagor
TCU Horned Frogs WR Jalen Reagor
Jalen Reagor is one of the more explosive and versatile wide receivers in the entire 2020 draft class and as such may sneak into the first-round. He can play inside or out, although his best fit in the NFL is probably playing predominantly out of the slot. Reagor is somebody the Dallas Cowboys would want to manufacture touches for in the passing game and as a gadget player as well. He's also one the best punt returners in this year's draft class.

Honorable Mention: K.J. Hamler (Penn State), Laviska Shenault (Colorado)

Round 3: Bryan Edwards, South Carolina
Bryan Edwards
South Carolina WR Bryan Edwards
Bryan Edwards is a big, physical wide receiver with the versatility to play outside or inside in the NFL. He was at his best playing out of the slot at South Carolina, which is why I believe he would make an excellent "big slot" target for the Dallas Cowboys. He shows good route running ability on film to create favorable throwing windows, but needs to become a little more consistent catching the ball. If he can do that, his ceiling grows tremendously as a WR prospect.

Honorable Mention: Chase Claypool (Notre Dame), Van Jefferson (Florida)

Round 4: Devin Duvernay, Texas
Devin Duvernay
Texas Longhorns WR Devin Duvernay
If the Dallas Cowboys want to draft the most surehanded wide receiver in the entire 2020 draft class, Devin Duvernay is there guy. Duvernay's strong, vice grip like hands and his ability to adjust passes thrown outside his frame make him an intriguing slot option for the Cowboys. He's built more like a running back than receiver and plays like one with the ball in his hands. Unfortunately his RB build makes him a little stiff, which hurts him a little getting in and out of his breaks.

Honorable Mention: K.J. Hill (Ohio State), Antonio Gibson (Memphis)

Round 5: Quintez Cephus, Wisconsin
Quintez Cephus
Wisconsin Badgers WR Quintez Cephus
Quintez Cephus is one of the more confusing wide receiver prospects in this year's draft class. He was the go-to WR in Wisconsin's predominantly run heavy offense, but poor testing at the NFL Scouting Combine contradict his ability to be so at the next level. He has build up speed and a sneaky way of getting behind the defense as a down the field target. With the Dallas Cowboys, I think he would be a "big slot", possession type of weapon in the passing game.

Honorable Mention: Quartney Davis (Texas A&M), Tyler Johnson (Minnesota)

Round 6: Joe Reed, Virginia
Joe Reed
Virginia Cavaliers WR Joe Reed
At this point in the draft the Dallas Cowboys will likely be looking for wide receivers with intriguing traits worth developing. Joe Reed definitely falls into this category. He is a well-built, speedy slot receiver who has proven to be a dynamic weapon anytime he touches the ball. He is an outstanding kick returner and can flip field position in an instant, but offensively he's an underdeveloped route runner and will need time to develop his craft at the next level.

Honorable Mention: Isaiah Hodgins (Oregon State), Dezmon Patmon (Washington State)

Round 7: Jeff Thomas, Miami
Jeff Thomas
Miami Hurricanes WR Jeff Thomas
If you watch Jeff Thomas' highlight reel he looks like a first-round prospect, but his character concerns likely make him a borderline draftable player. If the Dallas Cowboys checkoff on his character concerns, they would be getting a receiver who can attack all three levels of the field from the slot. He still needs to develop as a route runner, but in the meantime he could serve as the primary kick and punt returner and add some much-needed depth to the WR position.

Honorable Mention: Kendrick Rogers (Texas A&M), Darnell Mooney (Tulane)
Assassin
NFL writer Peter King of NBC Sports, the Cowboys are rumored to be very interested in securing their long-term replacement for Frederick in the upcoming draft. Potentially using their first-round selection to do so.
Quote:

" 'It's too high for a center,' said one personnel wag, 'but they love the Michigan center (Cesar Ruiz), and they could trade down a few spots and still be sure of getting him.' Interesting: a plug-and-play heir to Travis Frederick."
The Cowboys' brass thinking they can catch lightning in a bottle twice is the most Jerry Jones thing ever. So it's plausible that the longtime owner and general manager and with his front office believe they can try to trade down once again and still land the player they covet.
As for the prospect himself, Michigan's Cesar Ruiz is a 6-foot-3, 307 offensive lineman who was a two-time All-Big Ten honoree according to mgoblue.com. Of his 31 career starts for the Wolverines over three seasons, Ruiz played 26 games at center and five at right guard.
Pro Football Focus named Ruiz as the best pass blocking center in college football last season as he allowed just seven total pressures in 447 snaps of pass protection. NFL.com's Bucky Brooks has Ruiz ranked as his third-highest guard/center in the upcoming NFL draft citing his biggest issue as a lack of finishing skills. Walter Football currently has the Michigan center projected to be a second-to-third round selection next week.
Assassin
The Athletic mock. They think Chaisson and Henderson are our to top dogs but both go before us:

Dallas Cowboys
1 (17) CB Trevon Diggs, Alabama
2 (51) EDGE Terrell Lewis, Alabama
3 (82) LB Logan Wilson, Wyoming
4 (123) TE Devin Asiasi, UCLA
5 (164) OT Jack Driscoll, Auburn
5 (179) DS Jordan Fuller, Ohio State
7 (231) OG Cordel Iwuagwu, TCU
Assassin
Athletic Mock - Baylor guys

They have Mims to Vikes, 1st rd
Lynch to Carolina 3rd
Johnston to Jacksonville in the 6th
Hasty to Carolina in the 7th
BearForce
Of course this clown would delay the decision so we don't have finality going into the draft.

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Of course this clown would delay the decision so we don't have finality going into the draft.

Brian Ethridge
Staff
Hope y'all enjoyed Nate Newton, Charles Haley, and Steve DeOssie the past two days.
Assassin
I tried to use the PFN to do a couple of tradebacks. Traded back to 30 for Jags 1st plus their 3rd, then traded back to 23 with New England for their 1st and 3rd. Unfortunately its not working too well right now.

At 23, Chaisson was still there. Someone I would have taken at 17 plus we picked up 2 extrA 3S

BearForce
Wichitabear
Brian Ethridge said:

Hope y'all enjoyed Nate Newton, Charles Haley, and Steve DeOssie the past two days.
Great. Thank you. Only had time to listen to Charles.
BearForce
I know we just signed Jarwin but....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/buccaneers-tight-end-o-j-howard-on-the-trading-block-per-report/
Assassin
BearForce said:

I know we just signed Jarwin but....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/buccaneers-tight-end-o-j-howard-on-the-trading-block-per-report/
Winston is not really a dink toss QB. Seems to me that a QB like Dak would be perfect for him.

Wonder what they are wanting for him?

Assassin

Our offensive commitment is already pretty high, his contract is you would have him for four more years at $14.25m, 15,750m, 15m and 15m. That is really high for your #3 wr
Assassin
Assassin said:

Our offensive commitment is already pretty high, his contract is you would have him for four more years at $14.25m, 15,750m, 15m and 15m. That is really high for your #3 wr
I would have to look awfully hard at that trade
Assassin
First Page Last Page
Page 410 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.