Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,050,812 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

I really would like to get him in the 7th as a free safety prospect and for his return game.
S11
Staff
Assassin said:

Not having a pro day to better his numbers is costing Arnold money
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I really would like to get him in the 7th as a free safety prospect and for his return game.
In the 7th, you are looking at Special Teams players and developmentals. I think he fits that mix perfectly.
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
So there are rumors that Jordan Love may be dropping a bit, mainly due to concerns about Tua's hip surgery and recovery which is pushing him down a bit.

Scenario 1, Love drops to 17. Dallas trades for a bunch with New England at 23, They would have to overpay as there will be other offers. Maybe a 1, 2 and 3.

Scenario 2. Love drops to 17. Dallas selects him as a backup to Dak. Let the rumors swirl. Before the 8th game trading deadline, trade Love for a couple of #1's OR we have determined that Love is the future and much cheaper than Dak, keep Love and trade Dak for even more. Teams with the most cap space
[ol]
  • Houston Texans: $49.26 million.
  • New York Jets: $45.01 million.
  • Cleveland Browns: $43.70 million.
  • Los Angeles Chargers: $37.55 million.
  • Tennessee Titans: $32.56 million. The Texans may have the most cap space in the NFL, but that's after trading DeAndre Hopkins' $12.5 million cap hit for 2020.
  • [/ol]
    Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
    Brian Ethridge
    Staff
    More former Cowboys coming up on SicEm365 Radio
    Assassin
    I traded back three times in the 1st. Back 3 to Jacksonville for their 1st plus a 3, back 3 to New England for their 1st and a 3 and back 3 to Miami for their 1st and a 3 and still got the guy I would have taken at 17. I almost took Jordan Love via the scenario I spoke of above but couldnt get the value as its automated and wouldn't take the need for QB into account

K'Lavon Chaisson
    OLB LSU

Antoine Winfield Jr.
    S Minnesota

Neville Gallimore
    DT Oklahoma

Matt Hennessy
    C Temple

Van Jefferson
    WR Florida

Francis Bernard
    ILB Utah

Kindle Vildor
    CB Georgia Southern

Brian Cole
    S Mississippi State

James Proche
    WR SMU

Cole McDonald
    QB Hawaii

BearForce
    Assassin said:

I traded back three times in the 1st. Back 3 to Jacksonville for their 1st plus a 3, back 3 to New England for their 1st and a 3 and back 3 to Miami for their 1st and a 3 and still got the guy I would have taken at 17. I almost took Jordan Love via the scenario I spoke of above but couldnt get the value as its automated and wouldn't take the need for QB into account

K'Lavon Chaisson
    OLB LSU

Antoine Winfield Jr.
    S Minnesota

Neville Gallimore
    DT Oklahoma

Matt Hennessy
    C Temple

Van Jefferson
    WR Florida

Francis Bernard
    ILB Utah

Kindle Vildor
    CB Georgia Southern

Brian Cole
    S Mississippi State

James Proche
    WR SMU

Cole McDonald
    QB Hawaii

Nice work on the trade...little concerned that you couldn't get one of the better CBs earlier and honestly given that Chido and Lewis both will be out of contract next year I think a double down at CB would have been more priority than at WR or S (I think we keep Xavier Woods).
    Assassin
    TDN doesnt allow trades unless you pay for them

K'Lavon Chaisson
    EDGE
    LSU

Jeremy Chinn
    S
    Southern Illinois

Bryce Hall
    CB
    Virginia

Thaddeus Moss
    TE
    LSU

James Lynch
    IDL
    Baylor

Bravvion Roy
    IDL
    Baylor

Charlie Heck
    OT
    North Carolina
    Assassin
    BearForce said:

Assassin said:

K'Lavon Chaisson
    OLB LSU

Antoine Winfield Jr.
    S Minnesota

Neville Gallimore
    DT Oklahoma

Matt Hennessy
    C Temple

Van Jefferson
    WR Florida

Francis Bernard
    ILB Utah

Kindle Vildor
    CB Georgia Southern

Brian Cole
    S Mississippi State

James Proche
    WR SMU

Cole McDonald
    QB Hawaii

Nice work on the trade...little concerned that you couldn't get one of the better CBs earlier and honestly given that Chido and Lewis both will be out of contract next year I think a double down at CB would have been more priority than at WR or S (I think we keep Xavier Woods).
    The top couple were gone so I am hearing there is a lot of talent in RD 2 and 3, drops off after the top 100 or so.

Chaisson was a no-brainer, NFL comparison is Aldon Smith (except he got the 18 jersey at LSU which is given to the highest charachter). Very smart on and off the field. Could be both a DE and LB

Winfield appears to be one heck of a player. Only 5'9 but nearly 210. Great reactions, needs a bit of seasoning but might move into a starting role

Gallimore gives us a great rotational player and stats show him and the most disruptive in the backfied last season. Extreme motor will keep him in the middle of things. Could work at DE in pass plays

Hennesy is a nice option if Looney doesnt play up to par or one of the Connors doesnt work out. Also 'The Draft Network' loves him.
    "Matt Hennessy started at center over the last three seasons at Temple, earning a prestigious single-digit practice jersey that Temple gives to the toughest players on the team. From watching him compete on tape, it's pretty clear that his practice habits are outstanding and that the honor was well-earned. Hennessy is a technically-refined, mobile, smart and controlled blocker that profiles as a starter in a zone blocking scheme. From his hand usage, bend, footwork and processing skills, there's an obvious polish in the way Hennessy plays the game. It's difficult to poke concerning holes in his game but he isn't the biggest or strongest blocker which does box him in as a center that doesn't offer much in the way of position flexibility or appeal in gap blocking run schemes. In the right role, Hennessy has a chance to make an immediate impact and projects as a long-term fixture as a starter. "

I really like Van Jefferson, only dropped 4 passes last year, perfectionist in his routes. Not a burner though.

I didnt know Bernard, but he shows as a high motor, project type ILB

Vindor is a bit of a project CB, but has 4.4 speed. Will help out on special teams for the moment

Brian Cole gives us a rotational S, that can add to special teams. Projects as a box safety with 4.5 speed

Proche is a pet WR for me. May not make the teams but you will love watching him. Attacks the ball like a LB. Has great hands but runs sloppy routes. Wouldnt have taken a 2nd WR but you gotta love this kid

And with that many picks my goal was to grab a QB somewhere. McDonald is it this year as I kept missing the ones I liked in the other rounds.; Probably too weak and arm to make it as a starter, but he could be our Taysom Hill.

BearForce
    Assassin said:

TDN doesnt allow trades unless you pay for them

K'Lavon Chaisson
    EDGE
    LSU

Jeremy Chinn
    S
    Southern Illinois

Bryce Hall
    CB
    Virginia

Thaddeus Moss
    TE
    LSU

James Lynch
    IDL
    Baylor

Bravvion Roy
    IDL
    Baylor

Charlie Heck
    OT
    North Carolina

I actually like this one more
    GoldMind

WELL DONE INDEED!!
    Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
    BearForce
    Using Pro Football Focus Mock Draft Machine...traded out of 17 to 23 and 51 to 58 and picked up some extra picks

DAL
    James Morgan
    QB
    FIU

DAL
    Harrison Hand
    CB
    Temple

DAL
    Darryl Williams
    G
    Mississippi State

DAL
    Reggie Robinson II
    CB
    Tulsa

DAL
    Markus Bailey
    LB
    Purdue

DAL
    Bravvion Roy
    DI
    Baylor

DAL
    Kenny Robinson Jr.
    S
    West Virginia

DAL
    Van Jefferson
    WR
    Florida

DAL
    Cole Kmet
    TE
    Notre Dame

DAL
    Josh Uche
    ED
    Michigan

DAL
    Jeff Gladney
    CB
    TCU
    Assassin
    Most TDs after 4 NFL seasons:

148 (Dan Marino)
    118 (Peyton Manning)
    118 (Russell Wilson)
    118 (Dak Prescott)
    Assassin
    Cowboys interested in Dre Kirkpatrick. Would be a nice FA PU
    BearForce
    Assassin said:

Cowboys interested in Dre Kirkpatrick. Would be a nice FA PU

Would take some pressure off the secondary but still gotta get a CB early.
    Timbear
    Prescott was 1-6 against teams with winning records. The only stat that matters is W/L. This is Pro Football, baby.
    Brian Ethridge
    Staff
    Another Cowboy's legend on SicEm365 Radio tomorrow
    GoldMind
    Brian Ethridge said:

Another Cowboy's legend on SicEm365 Radio tomorrow

Lousaka Polite?
    Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
    GoldMind
    Timbear said:

Prescott was 1-6 against teams with winning records. The only stat that matters is W/L. This is Pro Football, baby.

So, according to timbears genius intellect and exceptionally high standards for QB in the NFL, there's only 4 good QBs in the league.

The other 28 aren't good.
    BearForce
    Assassin, go to PFF.com and use their mock draft machine...allows for trades and is free. I was inspired by Mike Fisher to do a trade down from #17 to #23 and use that capital to pickup a second 1st round pick, in this case #32. It nets Gladney and Chaisson on both 1st round 5th year option contracts not to mention the rest of the haul. PFF doesn't seem as happy with my draft but who cares. FYI, the Williams kid from Miss St would be a Center prospect, either to compete for the starting job or to push Looney.

Assassin
    BearForce said:

Assassin, go to PFF.com and use their mock draft machine...allows for trades and is free. I was inspired by Mike Fisher to do a trade down from #17 to #23 and use that capital to pickup a second 1st round pick, in this case #32. It nets Gladney and Chaisson on both 1st round 5th year option contracts not to mention the rest of the haul. PFF doesn't seem as happy with my draft but who cares. FYI, the Williams kid from Miss St would be a Center prospect, either to compete for the starting job or to push Looney.

gracias
    BearForce
    Shocked I tell ya, I'm shocked

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-cowboys-free-agency-team-admits-philosophical-change-from-jason-garrett-era-drove-impressive-signings/
    Assassin
    BearForce said:

Shocked I tell ya, I'm shocked

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-cowboys-free-agency-team-admits-philosophical-change-from-jason-garrett-era-drove-impressive-signings/
    "We'll certainly continue to look to improve [in the secondary]," Jones noted, hinting heavily at where the team's nose is pointed when it comes to the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft.
    Assassin

I like PFF a bit better. Would be nice to have the feature the other one has where you can pull up info on a prospect.

BearForce
    Assassin said:

I like PFF a bit better. Would be nice to have the feature the other one has where you can pull up info on a prospect.

Agree on scouting reports and seeing who you drafted.

Two OL?
    Assassin
    BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Agree on scouting reports and seeing who you drafted.

Two OL?
    I liked both and they both dropped into my lap. To get Dev and Badiazz via simple tradebacks plujs get the three I might have taken at 1,2,3 - worked out pretty well. I really like McDonald as a later round dev QB, not too sure about the last two but Hand could help on ST and we may need LBs when we switch to 3-4. They said we will move between it and 4-3 at random.
    Assassin
    BTW - Hennessy is your C of the future.
    Assassin

He missed the 2018 season after suffering a torn ACL, MCL and PCL in his left knee during the preseason.

He played in six of the first eight games last season, but a shoulder injury put him back on injured reserve after he caught one pass for 8 yards in a Week 8 victory over the New York Jets.

He is alledgedly finally healthy. Dude will sign a 1 year year, make good contract somewhere
    BearForce
    Assassin said:

BTW - Hennessy is your C of the future.

The Wisconsin kid is also a center which is why I was confused.
    Wichitabear
    Jordan Love if sitting there at 17, will we take him?
    BearForce
    Wichitabear said:

No
    Wichitabear
    BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

No
    So if Dak does not play, Cooper?
    BearForce
    Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

No
    Still have Cam Newton and Jameis Winston out there
    Wichitabear
    BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

No
    Horrible.
    BearForce
    Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

No
    Horrible.
    All your available options are suboptimal compared to Dak.
    First Page Last Page
    Page 411 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.