Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,089,670 Views | 29564 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Assassin
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Jordan Love if sitting there at 17, will we take him?
No
So if Dak does not play, Cooper?
Still have Cam Newton and Jameis Winston out there
Horrible.
All your available options are suboptimal compared to Dak.
I just hope they can get something worked out. It would be awful not to start with this new coach. Stinks
BearForce
So it went back up...
Timbear
Sports people keep saying Pay Dak. Dang. They've offered $33M per. Isn't that paying Dak?
BearForce
Timbear said:

Sports people keep saying Pay Dak. Dang. They've offered $33M per. Isn't that paying Dak?
I have seen that they have actually offered $35M so the money isn't the issue at this point but rather the length of the contract. Dak wants a 4 year deal and Dallas wants a 5 year deal with of course the difference being for Dak being able to go back on the open market sooner and for Dallas a longer deal allows for the contract cap hit to be better structured from the team's perspective.
Assassin
  • Speaking Tuesday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said it was "highly unlikely" the team would deal the No. 17 overall pick for a veteran player.
    "The idea of trading a very valuable (first-round pick) for an existing player that's more than likely is going to cost you a lot more is unlikely," Jones said. "I would say just theoretically it is, but I would say specifically it is highly unlikely that we wouldn't have the pick there to use for either a top player in the draft or to trade for potential other draft picks where you can equate the value more evenly pick for pick or pick for picks than you are likely to have something happen like that." Jamal Adams-to-Dallas rumors have been flickering again, but Jones can probably be taken at his word that if it happens, it won't be this week.
    RELATED:
    SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
    Apr 21, 2020, 2:52 PM ET

On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Mel Kiper likes Alabama corner Jared Mayden as a sleeper in this draft. In 2019, he had 59 tackles and four picks. May project to SS in NFL
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Assassin said:

Mel Kiper likes Alabama corner Jared Mayden as a sleeper in this draft. In 2019, he had 59 tackles and four picks. May project to SS in NFL

I know him real well. He's a safety in the NFL and I'm pretty sure he played S for the Tide. His family are great people.
Assassin
The New England Patriots are trading Gronkowski and a 2020 seventh-round pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a 2020 fourth-round pick, ESPN and NFL Network first reported. Fox Sports' Jay Glazer later tweeted that Gronk left him a voice message saying: "I'm baaaaaackkkkkk!"
BearForce
BearForce
Nn
Assassin
BearForce said:

Nn
Oo
Assassin

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Nn
What does that mean?
BearForce
Traded down twice in the first round and picked up an extra 2nd and two 3rds.

BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Nn
What does that mean?
It means Wichitabear is a nice person
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Nn
What does that mean?
lolol, I just love you BearForce! Not now? No. It's a bad code between you and assassin. Lol.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Nn
What does that mean?
lolol, I just love you BearForce! Not now? No. It's a bad code between you and assassin. Lol.
I actually meant to type Nm for nevermind but with Assassin being a funny guy I just let it ride.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Nn
What does that mean?
I actually meant to type Nm for nevermind but with Assassin being a funny guy I just let it ride.
Oo
Assassin
Brian's final mock at Inside the Star:

Round 1, Pick 17 Zack Baun, EDGE/LB, Wisconsin
Wisconsin Badgers EDGE/LB Zack Baun
With C.J. Henderson and K'Lavon Chaisson likely gone, Zack Baun becomes the name I'm writing down on the draft card if I'm the Dallas Cowboys. Linebacker, EDGE rusher, special teams demon Baun is a Swiss Army Knife type of chess piece the Cowboys can deploy in a variety of ways. He's also a good insurance policy if Aldon Smith/Randy Gregory struggle if/when they're reinstated and if there are any lingering issues with Leighton Vander Esch's surgically repaired neck.

Round 2, Pick 51 Noah Igbinoghene, CB, AuburnAuburn Tigers CB Noah Igbinoghene
Noah Igbinoghene is a wide receiver turned cornerback whose on-field play projects well at the next level. He's still learning the intricacies of the CB position, but his athleticism and strength to alter routes in press coverage makes him an intriguing prospect. His rawness may keep him from becoming an immediate plug-and-play player as a rookie, but his ceiling is as high as any CB in the 2020 draft class. The added value he brings as a special teams player makes him well worth a second-round pick.

Round 3, Pick 82 Bryan Edwards, WR, South CarolinaSouth Carolina Gamecocks WR Bryan Edwards
Bryan Edwards is the only player in my final mock draft who I haven't been able to confirm whether or not the Dallas Cowboys have shown any interest in. So the selection is based more on my admiration for Edwards as a player and how I think he fits in the Cowboys offense as a "big slot". I love the size, physicality he would bring to the position and his versatility to play on the outside as well. I think he would be a perfect complement to both Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup.

Round 4, Pick 123 Kenny Robinson, S, XFLWest Virginia/XFL S Kenny Robinson
I thought about going with UCLA Bruins TE Devin Asiasi here because the Dallas Cowboys are supposedly infatuated with him, but Kenny Robinson is someone I have graded higher and plays a more "need" position for the Cowboys. He may have taken an unconventional path to get to this point in his career, but is range and instincts as a centerfield type safety are hard to come by. I believe he has a real shot at earning a starting job as a rookie.

Round 5, Pick 164 Colby Parkinson, TE, StanfordStanford Cardinals TE Colby Parkinson (Darren Yama****a-USA TODAY Sports)
After passing up on Devin Asiasi a pick earlier, I decided to draft Colby Parkinson here. He is yet another Stanford TE to make his way to the NFL and could join former teammate Dalton Schultz in Dallas who could be his main competition. I think Parkinson is pretty similar to what the Cowboys already have in Blake Jarwin, but I don't believe that's a bad thing. If Jarwin happened to get injured, Parkinson should be able to step right in and take over without changing the game plan.

Round 5, Pick 179 Broderick Washington, DT, Texas TechTexas Tech Red Raiders DT Broderick Washington (Michael C. Johnson-USA TODAY Sports)
Broderick Washington was a late addition to the Senior Bowl as an emergency fill-in for Javon Kinlaw and took full advantage of his opportunity. He played multiple interior positions in odd and even fronts in his three years as a starter at Texas Tech, playing at least 70% of the defensive snaps each year. He's a tough-minded DT with a nasty streak who competes with power and tenacity. He would add some much-needed depth as a rotational player as a rookie for the Cowboys.

Round 7, Pick 231 Cohl Cabral, C, Arizona StateArizona State Sun Devils C Cohl Cabral
Cohl Cabral is a former offensive tackle turned center and as such has the versatility to play multiple positions along the offensive line. The Dallas Cowboys could definitely use more depth along the interior of their offensive line and Cabral would provide just that. He still needs to add a little more strength in order to hold up better at the point of attack, but there is enough to like about his skill set that should earn him a roster spot and backup role as a rookie.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Brian's final mock at Inside the Star:

Round 1, Pick 17 Zack Baun, EDGE/LB, Wisconsin
Wisconsin Badgers EDGE/LB Zack Baun
With C.J. Henderson and K'Lavon Chaisson likely gone, Zack Baun becomes the name I'm writing down on the draft card if I'm the Dallas Cowboys. Linebacker, EDGE rusher, special teams demon Baun is a Swiss Army Knife type of chess piece the Cowboys can deploy in a variety of ways. He's also a good insurance policy if Aldon Smith/Randy Gregory struggle if/when they're reinstated and if there are any lingering issues with Leighton Vander Esch's surgically repaired neck.

Round 2, Pick 51 Noah Igbinoghene, CB, AuburnAuburn Tigers CB Noah Igbinoghene
Noah Igbinoghene is a wide receiver turned cornerback whose on-field play projects well at the next level. He's still learning the intricacies of the CB position, but his athleticism and strength to alter routes in press coverage makes him an intriguing prospect. His rawness may keep him from becoming an immediate plug-and-play player as a rookie, but his ceiling is as high as any CB in the 2020 draft class. The added value he brings as a special teams player makes him well worth a second-round pick.

Round 3, Pick 82 Bryan Edwards, WR, South CarolinaSouth Carolina Gamecocks WR Bryan Edwards
Bryan Edwards is the only player in my final mock draft who I haven't been able to confirm whether or not the Dallas Cowboys have shown any interest in. So the selection is based more on my admiration for Edwards as a player and how I think he fits in the Cowboys offense as a "big slot". I love the size, physicality he would bring to the position and his versatility to play on the outside as well. I think he would be a perfect complement to both Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup.

Round 4, Pick 123 Kenny Robinson, S, XFLWest Virginia/XFL S Kenny Robinson
I thought about going with UCLA Bruins TE Devin Asiasi here because the Dallas Cowboys are supposedly infatuated with him, but Kenny Robinson is someone I have graded higher and plays a more "need" position for the Cowboys. He may have taken an unconventional path to get to this point in his career, but is range and instincts as a centerfield type safety are hard to come by. I believe he has a real shot at earning a starting job as a rookie.

Round 5, Pick 164 Colby Parkinson, TE, StanfordStanford Cardinals TE Colby Parkinson (Darren Yama****a-USA TODAY Sports)
After passing up on Devin Asiasi a pick earlier, I decided to draft Colby Parkinson here. He is yet another Stanford TE to make his way to the NFL and could join former teammate Dalton Schultz in Dallas who could be his main competition. I think Parkinson is pretty similar to what the Cowboys already have in Blake Jarwin, but I don't believe that's a bad thing. If Jarwin happened to get injured, Parkinson should be able to step right in and take over without changing the game plan.

Round 5, Pick 179 Broderick Washington, DT, Texas TechTexas Tech Red Raiders DT Broderick Washington (Michael C. Johnson-USA TODAY Sports)
Broderick Washington was a late addition to the Senior Bowl as an emergency fill-in for Javon Kinlaw and took full advantage of his opportunity. He played multiple interior positions in odd and even fronts in his three years as a starter at Texas Tech, playing at least 70% of the defensive snaps each year. He's a tough-minded DT with a nasty streak who competes with power and tenacity. He would add some much-needed depth as a rotational player as a rookie for the Cowboys.

Round 7, Pick 231 Cohl Cabral, C, Arizona StateArizona State Sun Devils C Cohl Cabral
Cohl Cabral is a former offensive tackle turned center and as such has the versatility to play multiple positions along the offensive line. The Dallas Cowboys could definitely use more depth along the interior of their offensive line and Cabral would provide just that. He still needs to add a little more strength in order to hold up better at the point of attack, but there is enough to like about his skill set that should earn him a roster spot and backup role as a rookie.

Love Brian's work as you know but that is terrible
BearForce
BearForce
Timbear
Dak better hope one of those ACL's doesn't pop. He's living like it's guaranteed he'll be alive and well.
BearForce
Timbear said:

Dak better hope one of those ACL's doesn't pop. He's living like it's guaranteed he'll be alive and well.
Conversely the Cowboys better hope so too as they have a stellar track record finding QBs the last 25 years....
Assassin
BearForce said:

Timbear said:

Conversely the Cowboys better hope so too as they have a stellar track record finding QBs the last 25 years....
If you guys hadnt been so mean to Quincy, he may still be here...
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Timbear said:

If you guys hadnt been so mean to Quincy, he may still be here...

LOL...you know Chad Hutchison was the real deal
Assassin
So, who will it be at 17? Or a trade?
BearForce
Assassin said:

I think a trade down the way things are looking....just pray a QB falls
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I think a trade down the way things are looking....just pray a QB falls
my guess that it is Henderson or a tradedown unless someone unexpectedly drops to us
Assassin
CB #1 off the board- Okudah to Lions.
Assassin
Assassin said:

CB #1 off the board- Okudah to Lions.
0nly one other CB, Henderson is Rd 1 type and the three S's, McKinney, Winfield and Delpit
Assassin
three QBs in top 6. Someone may reach ahead of us for Love.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Jerry will be pissed to lose out on Love...LOL
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Jerry will be pissed to lose out on Love...LOL
shoot, I will be. he is valuable ammo!
Assassin
Giants reached on that OT, He was mid-1st from what I was reading
First Page Last Page
Page 412 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.