Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,153 Views | 29569 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Assassin
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

All the C's are still there except for the top 1. Would love to know what Cowboy coaches are thinking with the two Connors

we need a center!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

All the C's are still there except for the top 1. Would love to know what Cowboy coaches are thinking with the two Connors

we need a center!

Joe Looney and Conor McGovern may disagree
Wichitabear
another Center gone
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

we need a center!
I am curious what all the new coaches think about the Connors and Joe Looney.

I do like Mike McCarthys take on it, 'just get me players, I will coach'em (to position)'
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
105.3 The Fan talking about Lynch right now maybe as a 3 tech
Assassin
Oh man, Hennessy off the board. But the LSU C is actually ranked above him and still there
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

another Center gone

Stop being self centered
Assassin
BearForce said:

maybe a little high for Lynch at 82. Not sure I see him at a 3 tech but you never know. Great motor tends to negate things like shorter arms
Assassin
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

another Center gone
Stop being self centered
Get a room you two
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

maybe a little high for Lynch at 82. Not sure I see him at a 3 tech but you never know. Great motor tends to negate things like shorter arms

I cant see him being athletic enough to play DE in a 4-3 and not big enough to play a 3-4 DE
Assassin
Jets take Zuniga, Raiders twice, then us
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Gallimore
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

another Center gone
Stop being self centered
Get a room you two

BearForce
Brian Ethridge said:

Gallimore

DL is a need and he fits
Assassin
Who needs a QB? Might be a nice time to trade back a bit for someone wanting Fromm or Eason

Otherwise, I would be okay with either of the two DTs, the C from LSU Cushenberry, the OLB from Bama Lewis or maybe one of Bearforces guys Terrell Burgess, the S from Utah. Add Akeem Davis-Gaither the LB froom Appa State

Assassin
Bowden is a WR/RB/QB for the Raiders at 80 and Kentucky. Interesting
Assassin
Brian Ethridge said:

Gallimore
Do you know something I dont? BTW - I would love it. Ive been taking him in Rd 2 on my mocks

BearForce
Assassin said:

Who needs a QB? Might be a nice time to trade back a bit for someone wanting Fromm or Eason

Otherwise, I would be okay with either of the two DTs, the C from LSU Cushenberry, the OLB from Bama Lewis or maybe one of Bearforces guys Terrell Burgess, the S from Utah. Add Akeem Davis-Gaither the LB froom Appa State

Brian already told you the pick and he is connected
Assassin
We are on the clock
Assassin
Neville Galimore, the Okie DT

6'2, 304

Gallimore flashes the ability to drive interior offensive linemen back and is stout for his size when he keeps his pads down. He tracks the ball well and has the ability to get off blocks in time to make the play. He doesn't have great athletic ability and stalls out at times, but Gallimore is a good hand fighter who closes well when rushing the passer. -- Steve Muench

Hand Technique/Length - His hand placement is really nice, he'll work the wrist to break hand grip on his chest. There's plenty of pop in his hands and shows good rip, chop and long arm ability to extend blockers and shed even though he doesn't have the greatest natural length or extension.

Competitive Toughness - His effort and range as a 1T are through the roof. Appreciate how hard he works down the field in pursuit. His natural power in the upper half is notable and if he gets inside hands he'll rag doll centers. Stout anchor to call upon when he's faced with doubles.

Two Gap Ability - He isn't a true nose in the sense that he's better in attack mode versus read and react. Will show stack and shed skills but he's more sufficient with it when stringing out the center laterally versus locking horns in 1 v 1 and being tasked with late shed and attacking adjacent gaps.

Gap Penetration Skills - Was used a lot on twists and slants to attack and catch blockers without square framing for their blocks and it worked. Tilted 1T reps will work well to catch the C on an angle and create push into the A-gap before ripping through contact and looking to locate the ball.

Tackling - He doesn't illustrate the greatest tackle radius in space but at the point of attack his mobility allows him to peel back and clog up lanes sufficiently. Stocky build allows him to bump bellies with ball carriers in the whole and not get bubbled backwards or lose ground.

Flexibility - He's built low to the ground and super stocky, which helps him corner well. He carries his weight well and shows ability to hinge laterally at the waist to get skinny or slip through gaps. Coils well into 3-pt stance to fire out and gain ground effectively.

Pass Rush Counters - Loves high swim to work back across the face of blockers and it is pretty effective. His club move provides ample juice to uproot centers. Will win with power/bull rushes as well, he offers enough to keep blockers on their heels and give them different looks from the same alignment from snap to snap.

First Step Quickness - Twitchy. He'll catch you off guard with how well he gets out of the blocks and will defeat back blocks or slide protection with his surge. L-step is effective at the snap to provide blockers with a moving target before shooting into the gap and working to get hip to hip.

Feet/COD - He's super nimble for a player of his build, a dancing bear personified that shows short area mobility to pivot, redirect or peel back against his momentum with COD skills that don't really make sense. He's very fluid when looking to work across face on blockers.

Versatility - He's an A-gap/B-gap defender through and through. Wouldn't consider him for a true 3T role, as his penetration skills aren't quite that dynamic. He's somewhat scheme specific to get the best role out of him but he's going to be disruptive for a NT in any game situation.
---
Best Trait - Feet/COD

Worst Trait - Length

Best Film - Texas Tech (2019)

Worst Film - Baylor (2019)

Red Flags - None
Summary - Neville Gallimore is a disruptive 1T in a penetration style defensive system. Gallimore isn't necessarily a huge finisher and hasn't rolled up huge production in the backfield but make no mistake, his initial quickness, power, hand counters and motor will provide plenty of disruption up front for even front teams looking to collapse the pocket and get opposing quarterbacks on their heels. Gallimore has viable three down ability thanks to his short area agility. An NFL starter.
Updated: 12/30/2019
Wichitabear
How does Brian know this stuff so quickly??????
BearForce
Assassin
Gotta say, I am damn happy with Rds 1-3, great quality in each round. We chose folks that were all ranked higher than where we picked them. We wont even talk offense, that is a given

However we get a great cover CB to work in with our two starters. Diggs may be a starter by the time camp is done

I love the fact that Gallimore gets to work behind two solid FA signees, McCoy and Poe.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

he cheats
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

I heard it has something to do with ESPN+ and remember when they announced their Big 12 channel this summer Sic'Em 365 had a promo for membership
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

oh.
Assassin
BTW - Cushenberry went next to Denver, the big OLB from Bama went to LA
Wichitabear
I just didn't think Looney was that great. Travis was just so good
Assassin
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

I heard it has something to do with ESPN+ and remember when they announced their Big 12 channel this summer Sic'Em 365 had a promo for membership
He must get it before the TV delay. Remember when they had to put that in for Buddy Ryan as he used every four letter word in the book

Assassin
Wichitabear said:

I just didn't think Looney was that great. Travis was just so good
He was more serviceable than great. However I wouldnt consider him a negative. We can get by with a average C if our OGs stay healthy

Like Bearforce said a couple of weeks ago, keep an eye on the Connor twins and see what the coaches do with them
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

He must get it before the TV delay. Remember when they had to put that in for Buddy Ryan as he used every four letter word in the book

Dude it can't be that as he is minutes early, not like 1 minute early.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Dude it can't be that as he is minutes early, not like 1 minute early.
so, he does cheat?
boognish_bear
Hell....maybe we should have gotten Lincoln Riley
Assassin
So we have #123 in the 4th, 164 and 179 in the 5th and 231 to wrap it up

BF, dont we still have four comp picks with two of them 3rds next year?
boognish_bear
First Page Last Page
Page 419 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.