Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,089,600 Views | 29564 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by Assassin
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will be glad when this is behind us so he can get his butt into training camp when everyone else is
TechDawgMc
BearForce said:

At least compared to Romo, I suspect it has a lot to do with the quality of offensive line he played behind from the beginning. Staubach played in an era where QBs took a pounding even behind good lines. Aikman started with a bad team. Might be surprising he got hurt playing behind the mid-to-late 90s line, but by then he was already a bit banged up -- and injuries happen in odd circumstances anyway.
Assassin
BearForce said:

More chatter on the Dak contract situation with a possible counter on the 5th year.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-contracts-dak-prescott-wants-45m-for-5th-year-what-that-means

Read the article first and then look at the cap structure as Tom Downey lays it out

there is no way I would sign him to that given the current circumstances. Instead, tell him that you will give him X percent of the teams profit/loss. If these guys want to pretend to be owners, let them share not only in the black, but in the red too.

Like a lot of other sports, the NFL owners could end up in the red this year unless the virus is checked. Let these guys know what it takes to run a team, pay the OTHER employees, pay city and county taxes, fund the insurance for lawsuits, fund anything the NFL folds under to and all the massive other expenses ...

Just blowing off steam as my Dak boiler is beginning to overheat
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

More chatter on the Dak contract situation with a possible counter on the 5th year.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-contracts-dak-prescott-wants-45m-for-5th-year-what-that-means

Read the article first and then look at the cap structure as Tom Downey lays it out

there is no way I would sign him to that given the current circumstances. Instead, tell him that you will give him X percent of the teams profit/loss. If these guys want to pretend to be owners, let them share not only in the black, but in the red too.

Like a lot of other sports, the NFL owners could end up in the red this year unless the virus is checked. Let these guys know what it takes to run a team, pay the OTHER employees, pay city and county taxes, fund the insurance for lawsuits, fund anything the NFL folds under to and all the massive other expenses ...

Fair enough...what is your offer if you are Jerry?
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

What is 100% of the Cowboy pie? The current labor agreement says players get 48% of the league revenue. Now if Jerry didnt have to deal with the union, he could say to his players, I'll give you X percent of the Cowboy gross revenues minus expenses.

We now have the X number. Jerry also tells them that since they dont have to pay the vampires at NFLPA, you will get 100% of that number. Now that we know what the pie is, lets divy it up. Also, no more carrying over signing bonuses, each year is unique to itself.

So Dak comes in and says, I need 50% of the cap. Of course Jerry says no as you actually need other team members to play the game. And he says, lets break it down. We need 10 OOL, 4 WRs, 3 TEs, 1FB, etc. We also need 3 QBs. Dak says, no, I will take all the plays on offense. Lets make this about me. Jerry says, no, I cant risk that. We will cut it down to 2 and use the PS for the 3rd. Dak says okay, give me all the rest of the money. Jerry says, one problem, we need defensive players. Dak says, why? I'm greedy, I can play both ways. Jerry cackles loudly and says, hell no, I really cant risk that.

So Dak says, what are you offering? Jerry says, if you applied our formula to last years revenues, you would make $58 million. Dak has a heart attack and dies on the spot
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

What is 100% of the Cowboy pie? The current labor agreement says players get 48% of the league revenue. Now if Jerry didnt have to deal with the union, he could say to his players, I'll give you X percent of the Cowboy gross revenues minus expenses.

We now have the X number. Jerry also tells them that since they dont have to pay the vampires at NFLPA, you will get 100% of that number. Now that we know what the pie is, lets divy it up. Also, no more carrying over signing bonuses, each year is unique to itself.

So Dak comes in and says, I need 50% of the cap. Of course Jerry says no as you actually need other team members to play the game. And he says, lets break it down. We need 10 OOL, 4 WRs, 3 TEs, 1FB, etc. We also need 3 QBs. Dak says, no, I will take all the plays on offense. Lets make this about me. Jerry says, no, I cant risk that. We will cut it down to 2 and use the PS for the 3rd. Dak says okay, give me all the rest of the money. Jerry says, one problem, we need defensive players. Dak says, why? I'm greedy, I can play both ways. Jerry cackles loudly and says, hell no, I really cant risk that.

So Dak says, what are you offering? Jerry says, if you applied our formula to last years revenues, you would make $58 million. Dak has a heart attack and dies on the spot
Well it was Jerry who gave us the salary cap to begin with so in a way Jerry created his own problem. That being said what is your offer under the current structure? How many years and what is the average $ per year you would offer?
BearForce

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Great news!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Well it was Jerry who gave us the salary cap to begin with so in a way Jerry created his own problem. That being said what is your offer under the current structure? How many years and what is the average $ per year you would offer?
1 year. $30m. If we have the best Wrs in the biz with the best 'RB, surely we donty need the best QB. Dak's agent keeps for getting that there is so much pie to go around.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Well it was Jerry who gave us the salary cap to begin with so in a way Jerry created his own problem.
If memory serves, Jerry's contribution to creating the cap was that he was spending like crazy and Rooneys and Maras couldnt keep up. They said they would not agree to FA without a cap.
BearForce
Well he will play for $31M on the tag...and at least $37M next year unless you let him walk.

Or resend the tag and let him walk now.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

1 year. $30m. If we have the best Wrs in the biz with the best 'RB, surely we donty need the best QB. Dak's agent keeps for getting that there is so much pie to go around.

Not really...Dak's agent just saw you make a RB who still had 2 years left on his rookie deal, with off the field issues, the top paid RB in the league while Dak was making $400K. He also saw you try WR by committee before finally trading for Cooper while he was making $400K.

Why is it that he (Dak) who has missed no games, has had no off field issues, who played out his 4th round rookie contract the guy that should take a below market deal? Call it greedy but who really got us to this point?

Also, while I, like many of you were initially floored by that 5th year counter of $45M, it now makes sense if you consider that is what the franchise tag would likely be at that time. I honestly dont get why Dallas is fighting over what amounts to $2M per year in cap space to get a 5 year deal vs a 4 year deal when they both agree it will be $35M per year.
BearForce
Hey, if you guys are really done with Dak then there is always Josh Rosen...and he is cheaper

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/20/report-dolphins-have-received-calls-about-josh-rosen/
BearForce
And now it looks like the whole $45M fifth year thing is all fake news:
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/5/21/21266603/reports-of-fifth-year-45-million-demand-from-dak-prescott-have-been-refuted-by-multiple-sources

BearForce
Hopefully Assassin will be more approving of thoughts from Xavier Woods

Wichitabear
Lolol. I'm a little aggravated with Dak but he's our guy and hopefully he can be resigned. He's not starving to death. Let's don't forget all the money he makes off endorsements.
Assassin
BearForce said:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/5/21/21266603/reports-of-fifth-year-45-million-demand-from-dak-prescott-have-been-refuted-by-multiple-sources

Or Dak saw the public feedback and said 'Oh crap, get rid of that. I am toooooooo greedy. Lets go back to $35 mil/year. Let the poor folks know that I feel their pain... See if I can get a yacht instead.'
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Or Dak saw the public feedback and said 'Oh crap, get rid of that. I am toooooooo greedy. Lets go back to $35 mil/year. Let the poor folks know that I feel their pain... See if I can get a yacht instead.'
lolol. Just a yacht?
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Lolol. I'm a little aggravated with Dak but he's our guy and hopefully he can be resigned. He's not starving to death. Let's don't forget all the money he makes off endorsements.
True but they aren't his salary either and he had to perform on the field to get them.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Or the Cowboys floated this to further turn public opinion against Dak to use a leverage. So with that said, you never have answered why Dak should take the 5 year deal vs holding out for a 4 year deal.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

True but they aren't his salary either and he had to perform on the field to get them.
True but that's his job to perform. He gets a lot of extras. His salary is ****good
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

True but that's his job to perform. He gets a lot of extras. His salary is ****good
Those extras aren't coming from the Cowboys and thus are irrelevant to his salary negotiation. And his salary as a 4th round pick wasn't good compared to the 1st rounders Goff and Wentz who are his peers.

Would I be happy with $400K sure, but I'm also not a professional athlete who on average has a 3 year career span and working in an industry where I could become disabled/injured and unemployable in my profession in an instant either. And unlike their baseball and basketball counterparts, except for what you get as a signing bonus, the contract is not guaranteed.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Those extras aren't coming from the Cowboys and thus are irrelevant to his salary negotiation. And his salary as a 4th round pick wasn't good compared to the 1st rounders Goff and Wentz who are his peers.

Would I be happy with $400K sure, but I'm also not a professional athlete who on average has a 3 year career span and working in an industry where I could become disabled/injured and unemployable in my profession in an instant either. And unlike their baseball and basketball counterparts, except for what you get as a signing bonus, the contract is not guaranteed.
I understand that. But none of us are guaranteed tomorrow. Are we? I have career span and will never ever make what he makes in a year. I want him to succeed and make what he can. Just realize that others have to be paid. It is just hard for me to feel sorry for him right now. Our country is suffering and a lot of our bear families are struggling. We don't have millions to squabble over. But, I know you love those Cowboys bearforce, as I do. I'm just praying there can be take and give on both sides.
Wichitabear
By the way I love this image attachment.
Wichitabear
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

I understand that. But none of us are guaranteed tomorrow. Are we? I have career span and will never ever make what he makes in a year. I want him to succeed and make what he can. Just realize that others have to be paid. It is just hard for me to feel sorry for him right now. Our country is suffering and a lot of our bear families are struggling. We don't have millions to squabble over. But, I know you love those Cowboys bearforce, as I do. I'm just praying there can be take and give on both sides.
or is that give and take. Lol
Assassin
BearForce said:

Hopefully Assassin will be more approving of thoughts from Xavier Woods

cool. We need to see if we can obtain George Iloka from the Ravens though or BF is gonna be ticked!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Or the Cowboys floated this to further turn public opinion against Dak to use a leverage. So with that said, you never have answered why Dak should take the 5 year deal vs holding out for a 4 year deal.
because it's not important to me?

I dont care. I really dont. I care more about him taking up too much of the pie. He got a new agent and his new agent is telling him, 'don't worry, even though there is only one pie, you are so good that they won't need some of those other guys. they arent nearly as important as you are.'
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Totally understand, just remember, its a player whose salary isn't even $1M squabbling with a multi-billionaire who had almost two years to get this deal done as an extension. The fact he has made himself marketable to get other endorsements to up his overall wealth is to his credit.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I dont care. I really dont. I care more about him taking up too much of the pie. He got a new agent and his new agent is telling him, 'don't worry, even though there is only one pie, you are so good that they won't need some of those other guys. they arent nearly as important as you are.'
But I do think you care, otherwise we wouldn't be having this debate. As to share of the pie, even Stephen Jones himself has said this isn't an issue and we pretty much know they have offered 5 years at $35M APY, whereas Dak wants 4 years at the same APY, which is a cap difference of $2M per year. If $2M per year is the margin between disaster and a championship, I would offer we were screwed anyway. That and again you paid Zeke (which to be fair you and I both didn't like that deal), DLaw, and Cooper and no one was talking percentage of cap which if you go by analytics was incredibly stupid in regards to Zeke.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Totally understand, just remember, its a player whose salary isn't even $1M squabbling with a multi-billionaire who had almost two years to get this deal done as an extension. The fact he has made himself marketable to get other endorsements to up his overall wealth is to his credit.
He has made himself marketable on the Billionaire's dime. And the Billionaire has made more people millionaires than all the folks on Shark Tank combined.

And btw, Dak is a millionaire. In his first three seasons he made $450,000, $540,000, and $630,000. Last year he made $2.02 million.

Explain that to a college graduate who worked his ass off to take a $35k salary entry level position.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

He has made himself marketable on the Billionaire's dime. And the Billionaire has made more people millionaires than all the folks on Shark Tank combined.

And btw, Dak is a millionaire. In his first three seasons he made $450,000, $540,000, and $630,000. Last year he made $2.02 million.

Explain that to a college graduate who worked his ass off to take a $35k salary entry level position.
And the billionaire got nothing in return right? And this college graduate then went into the Air Force so I don't need to explain anything to anyone about entry level salary, especially to another college graduate who should have understood that certain fields and trades pay better than others, not only at the entry level, but also at the top level.
BearForce
I think we can all agree that my man Michael Gallup has been a great pick...here is some more confirmation:

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

But I do think you care, otherwise we wouldn't be having this debate. As to share of the pie, even Stephen Jones himself has said this isn't an issue and we pretty much know they have offered 5 years at $35M APY, whereas Dak wants 4 years at the same APY, which is a cap difference of $2M per year. If $2M per year is the margin between disaster and a championship, I would offer we were screwed anyway. That and again you paid Zeke (which to be fair you and I both didn't like that deal), DLaw, and Cooper and no one was talking percentage of cap which if you go by analytics was incredibly stupid in regards to Zeke.
No, I do not. I dont support anyone that puts greed ahead of the team.

As for the annual, remember the Cowboys have come up and up and up. So its not really $2 mil, didnt they start at $30? So its really $7 per. At some point, they have to put a cap on what they can give him and tell him, 'thanks, but no thanks'

I wasnt for paying Cooper as much as they did until I found out both Washington and Philly offered more. Then you have to factor in facing teams that you have to face twice a year, plus possibly making them better against other NFC East teams that might cost you. The fact that Cooper took less to stay with the Cowboys gave him some nice credits in my book
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

And the billionaire got nothing in return right? And this college graduate then went into the Air Force so I don't need to explain anything to anyone about entry level salary, especially to another college graduate who should have understood that certain fields and trades pay better than others, not only at the entry level, but also at the top level.
Of course the Billionaire did. But I didnt enter him into the argument, you did.

And no, I never graduated. I was there to party, the women and play football. Once my knees stopped my grants, then I was out the door to Dallas.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

No, I do not. I dont support anyone that puts greed ahead of the team.

As for the annual, remember the Cowboys have come up and up and up. So its not really $2 mil, didnt they start at $30? So its really $7 per. At some point, they have to put a cap on what they can give him and tell him, 'thanks, but no thanks'

I wasnt for paying Cooper as much as they did until I found out both Washington and Philly offered more. Then you have to factor in facing teams that you have to face twice a year, plus possibly making them better against other NFC East teams that might cost you. The fact that Cooper took less to stay with the Cowboys gave him some nice credits in my book
Did the Cowboys come up from a fair offer or from a low ball offer? And yes the difference between a 5 year deal at a $35M APY vs a 4 year deal at $35 APY from a cap stand point is $2M a year which I previously posted on here. And if Dak were greedy, why didn't he hold out like Zeke? Seems to me he has been more of a team player than Zeke. And then as for Cooper, just because Washington (and maybe Philly) were stupid enough to offer more doesn't mean signing Cooper at his number is still a good deal. Again, Dallas could have extended him two years ago, even before the agent switch, but didn't. I don't know why but if you had doubts about him then you just have to admit you played chicken and lost.

First Page Last Page
Page 432 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.