Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,075,376 Views | 29541 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by BearForce
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

No, I do not. I dont support anyone that puts greed ahead of the team.

As for the annual, remember the Cowboys have come up and up and up. So its not really $2 mil, didnt they start at $30? So its really $7 per. At some point, they have to put a cap on what they can give him and tell him, 'thanks, but no thanks'

I wasnt for paying Cooper as much as they did until I found out both Washington and Philly offered more. Then you have to factor in facing teams that you have to face twice a year, plus possibly making them better against other NFC East teams that might cost you. The fact that Cooper took less to stay with the Cowboys gave him some nice credits in my book
Did the Cowboys come up from a fair offer or from a low ball offer? And yes the difference between a 5 year deal at a $35M APY vs a 4 year deal at $35 APY from a cap stand point is $2M a year which I previously posted on here. And if Dak were greedy, why didn't he hold out like Zeke? Seems to me he has been more of a team player than Zeke. And then as for Cooper, just because Washington (and maybe Philly) were stupid enough to offer more doesn't mean signing Cooper at his number is still a good deal. Again, Dallas could have extended him two years ago, even before the agent switch, but didn't. I don't know why but if you had doubts about him then you just have to admit you played chicken and lost.
We have established you are on the side of the greedy agent who has blinded Dak to the greater need and I am on the side of the pie that the WHOLE team gets. I guess the rest is just beating a dead horse.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Cowboys LB Leighton Vander Esch said he's doing "wonderful" following neck surgery.

Specifically LVS said, "I feel as good now as I ever have, before I even got hurt. I mean, I'm ready to roll. I've been training full-go for a couple of months now, so it's not holding me back whatsoever. I feel, like I said, just as good as I ever have. I'm just excited to play football at this point and get back on the field. Whenever they give us the green light to go, we'll be ready." The Cowboys' stud LB helped turn around the entire defense as a rookie, but was unavailable during the stretch run of 2019 due to this neck issue. Owner Jerry Jones dubbed Vander Esch as 100 percent in February, although clearly it's more believable to hear it from the player himself. Getting LVS back to full strength would go a long way towards elevating a defense that has more questions than answers at this point.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com
May 18, 2020, 10:05 AM ET
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

As for the annual, remember the Cowboys have come up and up and up. So its not really $2 mil, didnt they start at $30? So its really $7 per. At some point, they have to put a cap on what they can give him and tell him, 'thanks, but no thanks'

I wasnt for paying Cooper as much as they did until I found out both Washington and Philly offered more. Then you have to factor in facing teams that you have to face twice a year, plus possibly making them better against other NFC East teams that might cost you. The fact that Cooper took less to stay with the Cowboys gave him some nice credits in my book
Did the Cowboys come up from a fair offer or from a low ball offer? And yes the difference between a 5 year deal at a $35M APY vs a 4 year deal at $35 APY from a cap stand point is $2M a year which I previously posted on here. And if Dak were greedy, why didn't he hold out like Zeke? Seems to me he has been more of a team player than Zeke. And then as for Cooper, just because Washington (and maybe Philly) were stupid enough to offer more doesn't mean signing Cooper at his number is still a good deal. Again, Dallas could have extended him two years ago, even before the agent switch, but didn't. I don't know why but if you had doubts about him then you just have to admit you played chicken and lost.
We have established you are on the side of the greedy agent who has blinded Dak to the greater need and I am on the side of the pie that the WHOLE team gets. I guess the rest is just beating a dead horse.

Let's be clear, I am a Cowboys fan first and foremost but I think I am objective enough to know that Dallas blew this negotiation by their inactivity and their "deadline makes deals" mentality. As for greedy, when is fair market value greedy? If fair market value is greedy then our whole economic system is greedy.

And as I have said several times, if you dont want to pay Dak, then remove the franchise tender and again in another example of screwing the pooch, Dallas could have given him a non-exclusive tag which means he would have to go out and shop himself for a deal and then Dallas could match.
Assassin
"We trained him and got him up (from 260) to about 287 pounds, completely rocked up, solid as can be, very low body fat," Jay Glazer gushed ln LB Alden Smith. "He has trained his butt off. His conditioning is great. ... He is just freaking monstrous."
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Let's be clear, I am a Cowboys fan first and foremost but I think I am objective enough to know that Dallas blew this negotiation by their inactivity and their "deadline makes deals" mentality. As for greedy, when is fair market value greedy? If fair market value is greedy then our whole economic system is greedy.

we would have to get into politics and capitalism and unions on that and I am not going to
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Lolol. I'm a little aggravated with Dak but he's our guy and hopefully he can be resigned. He's not starving to death. Let's don't forget all the money he makes off endorsements.
True but they aren't his salary either and he had to perform on the field to get them.
True but that's his job to perform. He gets a lot of extras. His salary is ****good
Those extras aren't coming from the Cowboys and thus are irrelevant to his salary negotiation. And his salary as a 4th round pick wasn't good compared to the 1st rounders Goff and Wentz who are his peers.

Would I be happy with $400K sure, but I'm also not a professional athlete who on average has a 3 year career span and working in an industry where I could become disabled/injured and unemployable in my profession in an instant either. And unlike their baseball and basketball counterparts, except for what you get as a signing bonus, the contract is not guaranteed.
I understand that. But none of us are guaranteed tomorrow. Are we? I have career span and will never ever make what he makes in a year. I want him to succeed and make what he can. Just realize that others have to be paid. It is just hard for me to feel sorry for him right now. Our country is suffering and a lot of our bear families are struggling. We don't have millions to squabble over. But, I know you love those Cowboys bearforce, as I do. I'm just praying there can be take and give on both sides.
Totally understand, just remember, its a player whose salary isn't even $1M squabbling with a multi-billionaire who had almost two years to get this deal done as an extension. The fact he has made himself marketable to get other endorsements to up his overall wealth is to his credit.
He has made himself marketable on the Billionaire's dime. And the Billionaire has made more people millionaires than all the folks on Shark Tank combined.

And btw, Dak is a millionaire. In his first three seasons he made $450,000, $540,000, and $630,000. Last year he made $2.02 million.

Explain that to a college graduate who worked his ass off to take a $35k salary entry level position.
And the billionaire got nothing in return right? And this college graduate then went into the Air Force so I don't need to explain anything to anyone about entry level salary, especially to another college graduate who should have understood that certain fields and trades pay better than others, not only at the entry level, but also at the top level.
Of course the Billionaire did. But I didnt enter him into the argument, you did.

And no, I never graduated. I was there to party, the women and play football. Once my knees stopped my grants, then I was out the door to Dallas.

A wild child. Lol
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin said:

"We trained him and got him up (from 260) to about 287 pounds, completely rocked up, solid as can be, very low body fat," Jay Glazer gushed ln LB Alden Smith. "He has trained his butt off. His conditioning is great. ... He is just freaking monstrous."
"I'm an overall better person," he said. "I got 20 sacks or 19.5, I say 20 because it was 20 but, I was able to play at a high level with a lot of other things going on in my life. With how life is for me now, I'm just looking forward to seeing what I can do. My goal is to pick up where I left off. That just means I always work hard. I always play hard. I want the same thing out of my teammates and I'm sure those guys in the locker room feel the same way, and with that mentality, the sky is the limit. I think as long as we do what we need to do and everybody plays to their potential anything's possible."

Smith, who described himself as "extremely thankful for the Cowboys" for giving him another chance in the NFL, said that he feels great at 30 years old.

"God has blessed me with talent," Smith said. "And one of the talents is my natural gift to play ball, to be an athlete. So, I still feel young. I don't have the mileage on my body. I still feel great when I go to the gym. I still feel young and fresh. So, if anything, I'm looking forward to what I'm going to be able to do out there."
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

we would have to get into politics and capitalism and unions on that and I am not going to
Definitely agree there...
Assassin
Randy Gregory continues to work through process of reinstatement
Posted by Charean Williams on May 20, 2020, 8:19 PM EDT

The Cowboys continue to await word on edge rusher Randy Gregory.

The team hopes Smith and Gregory can fill a pass rushing need opposite DeMarcus Lawrence, where the now-departed Robert Quinn led the team with 11.5 sacks last season.

Gregory missed the entire 2019 season while indefinitely suspended.

"We are working through the process," Peter Schaffer, Gregory's agent, told PFT. "We are very happy for Aldon and wish him all the luck in the world and successful resumption of his career. It's refreshing to see the NFL following through on their stated goal to focus more of rehabbing players than punishing players."

Although the new Collective Bargaining Agreement ends the policy of suspending players for positive marijuana tests, it does not provide amnesty for players like Gregory who were serving suspensions at the time the new CBA was adopted. So he still needs approval from the commissioner.

Gregory, 27, is serving his fourth suspension for violation of the NFL's substances of abuse policy. His last reinstatement came July 17, 2018, and he played the entire 2018 season.

His last game came in Week 17 of 2018.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones repeatedly has expressed his support for Gregory.

The Cowboys made Gregory a second-round choice in 2015. But he has played only 28 games over three seasons, making 45 tackles and seven sacks.
BearForce
Assassin
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

I'm curious if we are looking at him LB at all? A 287 lb backpeddling SLB? I would send my pass catching TE at him all day long.

If we are going to a 3-4, he could play either. In the 4-3, probably only DE
BearForce
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

I'm curious if we are looking at him LB at all? A 287 lb backpeddling SLB? I would send my pass catching TE at him all day long.

If we are going to a 3-4, he could play either. In the 4-3, probably only DE
I think he is a DE or DT in a NASCAR package
BearForce
The Greedy One!

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

The Greedy One!

you're not going to let this go, are you? Lolol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

The Greedy One!

Just remember Assassin taught me well...I still haven't gotten schooled in the pictures technique he used against WAC so ther is more to learn.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

The Greedy One!

Just remember Assassin taught me well...I still haven't gotten schooled in the pictures technique he used against WAC so ther is more to learn.
They certainly didn't get along! Lol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

The Greedy One!

I could be totally wrong but I dont think Assassin hated WAC as much as he loved to get under his skin as well as WAC usually did with other people. I personally found WAC amusing in a morbid sort of way.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

The Greedy One!

I could be totally wrong but I dont think Assassin hated WAC as much as he loved to get under his skin as well as WAC usually did with other people. I personally found WAC amusing in a morbid sort of way.
I loved WAC. I actually miss his posts
Wichitabear
I wonder what that says about me!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

The Greedy One!

I kinda feel the same way as he and I actually got along quite well to the point that I could disagree with him and he would actually rethink his stance on issues.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

The Greedy One!

I kinda feel the same way as he and I actually got along quite well to the point that I could disagree with him and he would actually rethink his stance on issues.
and agree with you?
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

The Greedy One!

and agree with you?

Yes...never got to meet him in person though.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

The Greedy One!

and agree with you?

Yes...never got to meet him in person though.
BearForce
So if you keep in mind you are getting a 3rd round comp pick for Byron Jones, you basically only lose a 1st round pick straight up for Adams...sign me up! And if you are skeptical if a top flight safety can make a difference, just look at Pittsburgh pre and post Minka Fitzpatrick trade on defense.

BearForce
This however I would not do...
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

never!!!!
Franko
BearForce said:

Nope. Straight up Gallup for Adams I would do though.
BearForce
Assassin
BearForce said:

Its gonna be tough getting him in under the cap with El Gordito Prescott still to be paid.

The good news is that we dont have the mass of FAs to be paid next year. XWoods would be the first unless El Gordito runs on the tender. Antwan Woods, Awuzzie and Lewis would be the next group
Assassin
Just got through doing a two hour interview with John F Booty for our new MoTF page. Carthage HS, Cisco, TCU, 8 years in the pros, INTd Troy, sacked Warren, etc. Should be fun
Assassin

One of the many photos donated to us This is the 1963 NFL Coaches meeting in Frisco at the Phillips ranch

Nick Scorich
Blanton Collier
Harland Svare
Red Hickey
Vince Lombardi
Allie Sherman
Don Shula
Bill McPeak
Norm Van Brocklin
George Wilson
Tom Landry is holding the rope in front.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Its gonna be tough getting him in under the cap with El Gordito Prescott still to be paid.

The good news is that we dont have the mass of FAs to be paid next year. XWoods would be the first unless El Gordito runs on the tender. Antwan Woods, Awuzzie and Lewis would be the next group

Well maybe you will get your wish El Cheapo and he may just move on...
BearForce
Assassin said:

Just got through doing a two hour interview with John F Booty for our new MoTF page. Carthage HS, Cisco, TCU, 8 years in the pros, INTd Troy, sacked Warren, etc. Should be fun

Pretty cool...funny enough we are distant cousins from my Mom's side of the family which is from Carthage.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Pretty cool...funny enough we are distant cousins from my Mom's side of the family which is from Carthage.
Cool. They lived in Deberry. His mom drove a Carthage school bus

He is definitely a Momma's boy. He bought her a new loaded Caddy, he brings it home and says 'and I know you will have your fishing poles hanging out the windows'
First Page Last Page
Page 433 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.