Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,050,916 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another good article basically exposing how predictable we were in the Garrett error

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/6/21/21297676/patriots-cb-stephon-gilmores-explanation-of-interception-against-cowboys-exposes-a-terrible-tendency
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Another good article basically exposing how predictable we were in the Garrett error

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/6/21/21297676/patriots-cb-stephon-gilmores-explanation-of-interception-against-cowboys-exposes-a-terrible-tendency
we always said they keep running the same old play! Jamal Adams is trying to get to Dallas? Whoa!
BearForce
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

GoldMind said:

Cracks me up that "the whole nfl" gave air-raid guys massive **** for years and years but now for some reason this kid, is a first round pick on a team that sorely needed defensive help. Sure.

You saw the air raid get absolutely smashed in the bowl game, lamb was a complete non-factor. 4 catches. That's what it's going to be like every week in the nfl, and you're telling me we blew our load in the first round on this??

I will believe it when I see it.

I would almost agree with this but he will be playing with higher talent around him also. Besides, the Eagles would have picked him and we couldn't allow that! Lol
Gotta say, that is nearly as important as us having him. Eagles freaked out.

Also gives us an out if we see a trade using Gallup assuming CeeDee is as advertised. (not that I want to) Also sets us up for when Coopers deal runs out
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Dak to sign Franchise tender by Monday

Interesting. He kinda lost a bit of leverage

If he plays on it, he might go into 2021 with a $37m deal. So our goal would be to drop him down a bit, or trade him at that point
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Dak to sign Franchise tender by Monday

Interesting. He kinda lost a bit of leverage

If he plays on it, he might go into 2021 with a $37m deal. So our goal would be to drop him down a bit, or trade him at that point
I'm not sure I would say he lost leverage as much as he wouldn't gain anything from not signing it, especially since you need to be in training camp as a QB when you are looking at another "show me" year. People still seem to think that the number is $35M APY but its the number of years on the contract that is the sticking point. I do agree with you that either he is signed or he is traded but he isn't playing here the following year on a $37M tag.
BearForce
This is an interesting take
Assassin
Source: $20 Million A Year Request 'Did Not Come From Jamal Adams'

Mike Fisher
Jun 22, 2020

FRISCO - The Jamal Adams camp vehemently denies an ESPN report that the disgruntled All-Pro safety is asking for "$20 million per year'' as he seeks a contract extension and a trade from the New York Jets, a source tells CowboysSI.com.

"Those words never came out of (Adams') mouth,'' the source said.

There are certain aspects of this increasingly complex story that remain clear. To wit:

*Adams has requested a trade away from the Jets, with a source close to the situation telling CowboysSI.com last week that the DFW native's preferred destination is the Dallas Cowboys.

"He wants to be traded to the Cowboys,'' the source said.

*Adams is now so open about this desire that he's saying it to Cowboys fans while hanging around in Lewisville, Texas.

"I'm tryin', bro!'' he said to a fan on Sunday, on video.

*While the Jets insist they will not trade Adams, they have on multiple occasions either fielded offers or advertised a desire to listen to them.

*Adams feels betrayed due to constant promises from Jets management that they would negotiate in good faith a contract extension - while in fact they have not negotiated at all, at one recent point even telling the 24-year-old team captain that they wanted to check his devotion and commitment ("all-in'' is the phrase used) before moving forward.

*The Jets remain angry at Dallas due to "leaks'' they believe came from inside The Star when the two teams exchanged trade proposals last October. (Indeed, we list this - not the salary or the trade cost - as the No. 1 obstacle to a trade.) The Cowboys are being especially careful to say nothing this time around, and as we write this, haven't even placed a phone call of inquiry.

All told, the stories of bitterness add to the complexities. Where did the "$20 million per year'' tale come from? Adams' camp suspects it's a propaganda leak from the Jets. Meanwhile, CowboysSI.com reported on May 23 that Adams might be willing to give Dallas a "hometown discount'' in the form of a delay on the extension or a lower price than otherwise wished for. The assumed "wished-for'' price? Somewhere in the range of $15 million average per year (APY.)

At $20 million APY, Adams would join just five defensive players currently owning annual salaries above $20 mil: Chicago Bears linebacker Khalil Mack ($23.5 mil), Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald ($22.5 mil), Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence ($21 mil), Indianapolis Colts defensive end DeForest Buckner ($21 mil) and Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Frank Clark ($20.8 mil).

It's an argument for another day as to whether Adams - the best player on the Jets roster who, in a Dallas uniform, would become the best defensive player on the Cowboys roster - is worth $20 million. It's still another argument as to whether Adams' agent would eventually present that request to the Jets, if and when the Jets ever actually open the promised negotiations.

But that $20 million day is not here. Because contrary to the floated story, that $20 million number "never came out (Adams') mouth.''

Assassin
BearForce said:

I remember reading about that a couple of months ago. Most deals were stagnant until Dak's number was solidified. Poor fella. Only $31,400,000.00. What is he gonna do? How can he pay the bills?
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I remember reading about that a couple of months ago. Most deals were stagnant until Dak's number was solidified. Poor fella. Only $31,400,000.00. What is he gonna do? How can he pay the bills?
lolol
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Now now, remember thou shalt not covet they neighbor's franchise tag.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

lolol

Don't you have some videos to watch...
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

lolol

Don't you have some videos to watch...
yep. Right after I walk the track. Lolol
BearForce
Watson's contract is just lurking around the corner: https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/6/23/21299215/deshaun-watson-reportedly-pushing-for-three-year-extension-another-potential-factor-for-dak-prescott
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Well first he has to get a new hat...and I bet if you ask him he would buy you one too...

BearForce
(In a robotic voice) Domo arigato Mr. T. Sato

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/6/23/21298886/japanese-kicker-toshiki-sato-says-hes-received-interest-from-the-cowboys
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Well first he has to get a new hat...and I bet if you ask him he would buy you one too...

That hat looks real nice on Dak but the hat doesn't make the man.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

That hat looks real nice on Dak but the hat doesn't make the man.
True but he can afford the cattle to go along with the hat...
GoldMind
BearForce said:

(In a robotic voice) Domo arigato Mr. T. Sato

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/6/23/21298886/japanese-kicker-toshiki-sato-says-hes-received-interest-from-the-cowboys

If he's better than Takuma Sato, I'd take him.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
Newsflash, we have good OTs

BearForce
On the other hand, safeties not so much
BearForce
So about that Dak leverage...

Bleacher Report: Dak Prescott Just Called Jerry Jones' Bluff, Because He Holds All the Cards.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2897199-dak-prescott-just-called-jerry-jones-bluff-because-he-holds-all-the-cards
BearForce
Ha Ha has a strong backpedal...

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/6/23/21301122/cowboys-safety-ha-ha-clinton-dix-used-to-play-for-the-bears-and-then-ran-into-two-on-his-scooter
Assassin
BearForce said:

remember when Honey Badger could have been signed by anyone for not a whole lot?
Assassin
Can Connor McGovern Unseat Connor Williams at LG?
Battle between Connor McGovern and Connor Williams one to watch.

There will be no shortage of position battles to watch when/if the Dallas Cowboys and the rest the NFL are finally permitted to start training camp. One such battle I'm interested in seeing unravel is between Connor McGovern and Connor Williams to find out who becomes the starting left guard 2020.

Connor McGovern could be in the mix to take over for the recently retired Travis Frederick, however, I believe that job is probably Joe Looney's to lose. If not him though the rookie out of Wisconsin, Tyler Biadasz, is the next in line. That leaves McGovern competing with Connor Williams for the LG gig, his more natural position in my opinion.

Odds are with the shortened offseason and lack of practice time, the Dallas Cowboys would probably prefer Connor Williams to remain the starter for now. However, Williams is coming off an ACL injury he sustained in Week 13 against the Buffalo Bills. He should be fully recovered by the time practices get underway, but the Cowboys may want to take the cautious approach and bring him along slowly.

If this is indeed the approach the Cowboys take, this could be the opportunity Connor McGovern needs to unseat Williams, despite his two years of starting experience. That opportunity didn't present itself in his rookie season. Instead, he was forced to spend his entire first-year in the league on a Injured Reserve due to a pectoral injury that kept him sidelined too long.

Connor McGovern will have his work cut out for him though. Williams won't be easy to unseat. He's played well in his two years with the Dallas Cowboys, despite what some people would lead you to believe. McGovern is really going to have to stand out in order to persevere over an established player, but Williams' injury recovery could be the foot in the door he needs.

Joe Philbin, the Dallas Cowboys new offensive line coach, is probably going to approach this position battle with an open mind. His fresh set of eyes make him unbiased, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if Connor McGovern gets the nod over the veteran. Connor Williams isn't going to go down without a fight though, which makes this an intriguing position battle to watch.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

remember when Honey Badger could have been signed by anyone for not a whole lot?
Yep but no we didn't need him, nor did we need to draft Juan Thornhill either like we could have.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Yep but no we didn't need him, nor did we need to draft Juan Thornhill either like we could have.
we needed him, but like everyone else, he was 'too short'.... now he's 'too rich'
BearForce
I assume we all agree when I say, not only no but ****ing hell no!

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/6/25/21303465/report-new-york-jets-may-want-lael-collins-in-a-potential-jamal-adams-trade
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

we needed him, but like everyone else, he was 'too short'.... now he's 'too rich'
I did say that right? Of course if we had drafted Juan Thornhill last year (like you and I both wanted as I recall) instead of Trysten Charlton we wouldn't even be talking about safety right now.
Franko
BearForce said:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/6/25/21303465/report-new-york-jets-may-want-lael-collins-in-a-potential-jamal-adams-trade
Not interested.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

uh, could you repeat that. I didn't quite get it. Lololol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

uh, could you repeat that. I didn't quite get it. Lololol
Again, the answer is hell no...and here is another good reason:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/6/26/21303613/talking-through-a-potential-cowboys-trade-of-lael-collins-for-jamal-adams
BearForce
And for those who don't have the time to read the article, this guy pretty much sums up why trading Collins is a non-starter

Assassin
BearForce said:

And for those who don't have the time to read the article, this guy pretty much sums up why trading Collins is a non-starter

IF this weren't the case and IF it was a 1 for 1 trade and IF Adams would agree to a deal ahead of time and IF we had our OL set post-trade, I would be all over it

We have some talent there but having a top of the defense field general is incredibly important. A LB isnt far enough back to catch some of the action, were a S is.

Yes, IF the IF's were candies and cashews
Assassin
Bringing Tavon Austin back. Whatever his deficiencies are, he has a bit of Mercury in his shoes

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/6/25/21301596/bringing-back-tavon-austin-could-be-a-wise-investment-for-the-cowboys
First Page Last Page
Page 441 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.