Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,500 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
our new RT, Wyatt Miller

On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

SportsDayDFW @SportsDayDFW 9m

RT @DamonMarxDMN: The Cowboys are holding their first training camp practice this morning in Frisco. Unlike previous training camps, we won't be able to bring you real-time coverage because the Cowboys are not allowing live tweeting, photos or video. (1/2)
Oooo
BearForce
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Bleacher Report released a list of the most likely trade candidates for each NFL team, with Joe Looney making the list for Dallas.
Quote:

"Several teams are in need of a versatile interior lineman, and Dallas has 2019 third-round pick Connor McGovern as a backup at guard and rookie fourth-round pick Tyler Biadasz waiting in the wings at center.
If Biadasz pries the starting job away from Looney, the Cowboys should attempt to cash him in on the trade market."
===================
Looney makes 2.4mil.... wild, eh?

Of that list, I think you first half to look at folks with comparable numbers at a position we may need. I think that would be TE and S first, then CB and LB next. CBTerrance Mitchell is $3.6mil, S Marcus Maye is $2.1m, but my wish list is a kid we liked in the draft, TE Gerald Everett. 37 catches and 468 yds, 2m per. Those 37 catches would lead the TEs we have in camp.
The good news is we are almost to point of nit picking weaknesses now so I can see your logic for possible #2 TE, S, CB, and maybe LB. I still wonder though about #4 WR unless you throw Pollard into that mix.
Speaking of #4 WR...

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/8/14/21360479/the-bottom-of-the-cowboys-wide-receiver-depth-chart-should-play-out-like-this
Assassin
BearForce said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Bleacher Report released a list of the most likely trade candidates for each NFL team, with Joe Looney making the list for Dallas.
Quote:

"Several teams are in need of a versatile interior lineman, and Dallas has 2019 third-round pick Connor McGovern as a backup at guard and rookie fourth-round pick Tyler Biadasz waiting in the wings at center.
If Biadasz pries the starting job away from Looney, the Cowboys should attempt to cash him in on the trade market."
===================

Of that list, I think you first half to look at folks with comparable numbers at a position we may need. I think that would be TE and S first, then CB and LB next. CBTerrance Mitchell is $3.6mil, S Marcus Maye is $2.1m, but my wish list is a kid we liked in the draft, TE Gerald Everett. 37 catches and 468 yds, 2m per. Those 37 catches would lead the TEs we have in camp.
The good news is we are almost to point of nit picking weaknesses now so I can see your logic for possible #2 TE, S, CB, and maybe LB. I still wonder though about #4 WR unless you throw Pollard into that mix.
Speaking of #4 WR...

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/8/14/21360479/the-bottom-of-the-cowboys-wide-receiver-depth-chart-should-play-out-like-this
You or I could be #4 and it wouldnt matter. 'The Three', Jarwin, Zeke and TP are gonna get the receptions
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
Mosley just said that the base D will be a 3-4.

Several of our DE''s have standup experience.

Aldon Smith was pretty good in the 3-4

Griffen

BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Quote:

===================

Speaking of #4 WR...

You or I could be #4 and it wouldnt matter. 'The Three', Jarwin, Zeke and TP are gonna get the receptions
But remember Cooper, Gallup, and Cobb all missed time last year and it didn't go well. It would be nice to have one more guy to be able to depend on.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Quote:

===================

Speaking of #4 WR...

But remember Cooper, Gallup, and Cobb all missed time last year and it didn't go well. It would be nice to have one more guy to be able to depend on.
what's your 40 time?
Assassin
wow...

Assassin
Donovan Wilson's summer already resembles his last one. Toward the end of practice, the safety intercepted Dak Prescott during an 11-on-11 period. Wilson was a ball magnet in his first camp and preseason as a 2019 sixth-round pick from Texas A&M. He looks to show the new coaching staff he deserves more than the 16 defensive snaps he played all of last season.
Assassin
music to the millions of Cowboy ears

Assassin
Everson Griffen

Quote:

"Cowboys Nation, I'm here, baby. It's time to get back on the grind," Griffen said. "I'm excited to be with my teammates. I'm excited about this new journey. I'm excited about working towards going and get this championship. It's that time to grind. It's that time to learn. It's that time to go get it. Can't wait, Cowboys Nation. Let's go!"
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

music to the millions of Cowboy ears

Can't wait to hopefully see this in action. I love his name
BearForce
Some good football talk

BearForce
Refreshing change from the last 10 years

Assassin
BearForce said:

Refreshing change from the last 10 years

Garett was boring

The weird thing is, once he was off the cameras, he was funny and personable. Met him several times
Assassin
Just thinking... assuming CeeDee is what we think he is.... Its much easier for the offense to adapt than the defense.

You have three '#1 WR' types. As soon as you see them putting their top DB on Amari, rotate the three. Move Amari to the slot, flip the other two WRs. So you move them back and forth and back and forth

Has any team in the NFL had that quality of WRs that they could even attempt this?
Assassin
La'el Collins has "an injury he's working through" is how McCarthy phrased his answer when asked about the starting right tackle. And even when asked again to be more specific, the coach reiterated that it's not a serious injury but wouldn't specify the actual setback.
Assassin
Bucky Brooks:

Name: Everson Griffen
Position: EDGE
College: USC
Height: 6-3
Weight: 273
Season: 11th
Games Studied: 2019 (Minnesota vs. Giants, Falcons, Packers, and Cowboys)

Everson Griffen Highlights | Minnesota Vikings
Overview:
Griffen is an energetic EDGE defender with dynamic rush skills and a non-stop motor. The 11th-year pro has 355 total tackles, 74.5 sacks, 86 tackles for loss, 176 QB hits, nine forced fumbles, and six fumble recoveries heading into 2020. He's notched 10-plus sacks in three of his last six seasons with a career-best 13 sacks in 2017.

As a pass rusher, Griffen is an explosive athlete with cat-like first-step quickness. He pounces off the ball at first movement and his three-step approach puts immediate pressure on offensive tackles, especially when he's attacking from a wide alignment. Griffen combines explosive quickness with violent hands to win with a swipe, club, and rip maneuver on up-field rushes. He complements his speed rush with a hesitation spin move that reminds me of four-time NBA MVP LeBron James driving to the hole. Griffen combines power with finesse as he sets offensive tackles with the upfield move before utilizing a drop step and ice pick maneuver to work to the inside.

The veteran doesn't utilize a wide array of moves to get the job done but he's mastered his signature moves and plays with such fanatical effort that he's nearly impossible to slow down with a basic repertoire. Griffen has the potential to play as a stand-up rusher in some three-man looks or slide inside as an interior pass rusher in an exotic pass rush package.

As a run defender, Griffen is a textbook edge defender with the capacity to play with strength, power and leverage at the point of attack. He doesn't concede ground easily and works his hands to disengage quickly at the line of scrimmage. With Griffen giving maximum effort on plays to and away from his side, the veteran racks up tackles and tackles for loss on hustle plays.

Strengths:
Dynamic pass rusher with cat-like first-step quickness
Savvy technician with an unstoppable set of signature moves (speed rush/spin move)
100% effort player
Stout run defender

Weaknesses:
Aging veteran nearing the end of his prime
Low takeaway numbers

How does he fit in with the Cowboys?
Griffen is a high-end EDGE defender with game-changing ability. He gives the Cowboys a traditional defensive end to play opposite Demarcus Lawrence in a 4-3 scheme. As an electric pass rusher with outstanding snap count anticipation and first-step quickness, he is a perfect fit as an RDE in the Cowboys' base or nickel packages. Griffen has enough athleticism and flexibility to function as a stand-up defender in a hybrid 3-4 or as pass-rushing three-technique in a sub-package. The veteran is a stout run defender who plays with fanatical effort and relentless energy on every down. Overall, Griffen is a blue-chip player who is an upgrade over his predecessor (Robert Quinn) and a potential difference-maker for a championship-caliber defense.
BearForce
BearForce
Assassin
Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy said Joe Looney will get first-team reps at center.
This was expected coming off a limited offseason. The Cowboys view Tyler Biadasz as their Travis Frederick replacement, but this is Looney's job to lose after holding his own when Frederick was out in 2018. Looney looks like the favorite to start Week 1.
SOURCE: Dallas Morning News
Aug 16, 2020, 10:26 AM ET
BearForce
So if Gregory come back, I wonder if Aldon Smith ends up rotating with DLaw with Gregory rotating with Griffin. Having all of those guys with Jaylen Smith as a rush LB has nasty written all over it.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

So if Gregory come back, I wonder if Aldon Smith ends up rotating with DLaw with Gregory rotating with Griffin. Having all of those guys with Jaylen Smith as a rush LB has nasty written all over it.
yeah!
BearForce
BearForce
Franko
Not good:

BearForce
Franko said:

Not good:

Just saw that too...damn.
Franko
Franko said:

Not good:

Not gooder:

BearForce
FML
Check this out on the Radio.com App! https://1053thefan.radio.com/articles/news/report-gerald-mccoy-suffers-leg-injury-in-practice?dfpvars%5Bapp%5D=true&app=true
BearForce
FML
Franko
BearForce said:

FML

"Mr. Goodell, Jerry Jones on line one concerning Randy Gregory."
BearForce
Franko said:

BearForce said:

FML

Randy doesn't play 3T
Franko
BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

FML

Randy doesn't play 3T
True, but I assume this means they will have to play more 4-3 which means they need more DE depth.
BearForce
Franko said:

BearForce said:

Franko said:

BearForce said:

FML

Randy doesn't play 3T
True, but I assume this means they will have to play more 4-3 which means they need more DE depth.
McCoy was your starting 3T so now that probably becomes Tyrone Crawford unless you bring someone else in. With Griffin, DLaw, and Aldon Smith you have a good base at DE with hopefully Gregory and Armstrong/the kid out of Utah adding to it.
BearForce
So do you go get Snacks Harrison and kinda run with two 1Ts or look at someone like Marcell Dareus?
First Page Last Page
Page 451 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.