Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,050,586 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Assassin
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Franko said:

Not good:

Great. Just our luck!!!
Assassin
lets hope Trysten Hill comes around
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Franko said:

True, but I assume this means they will have to play more 4-3 which means they need more DE depth.
McCoy was your starting 3T so now that probably becomes Tyrone Crawford unless you bring someone else in. With Griffin, DLaw, and Aldon Smith you have a good base at DE with hopefully Gregory and Armstrong/the kid out of Utah adding to it.
his deal is three years, max of $20.25 million. Signing bonus: $3 million. 2020 base: $2.5 million (fully guaranteed). 2021 base: $5 million ($1.5 million fully guaranteed). 2022 base: $5.25 million. Active roster bonus: Max of $750,000 each season. He can also earn up to $750,000 each season in incentives. An additional $2 million of his 2021 base salary is guaranteed for injury and becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2021 league year."
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
we will get to see Gallimore maybe a little quicker than we thought too
Assassin
if anyone is interested, here is the Booty Part 2 piece https://memoriesofdallas.org/johnbooty2/
Assassin
https://www.verywellhealth.com/torn-quadriceps-tendon-2548652
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
Cowboys release second-year DE to make roster room for Everson Griffen

August 16, 2020 10:46 am ET

The Dallas Cowboys can only carry 80 active players during training camp, thanks to Covid-19 protocols.

Their cutdown was made easier thanks to opt-outs, but when a move is made to bring in additional help, there will always be someone who has to pay the price.

In the wake of agreeing to a one-year deal with free agent Everson Griffen, Dallas has made the coordinating move of releasing second-year pro Jalen Jelks, according to ESPN's Todd Archer.

Drafted No. 241 overall out of Oregon in 2019, the 6-foot-5, 256 pound Jelks was placed on injured reserve after the Cowboys' final preseason game last year. It was one of those, wink-wink, undisclosed-variety injuries that kept him out the entire season. His rookie season ended before it began, but he entered 2020 hoping for a fresh start and brand new coaching staff.

The previous Dallas regime was reportedly much higher on Jelks than his seventh-round draft slot. Said former head coach Jason Garrett of Jelks:

"(He was) rated very high on our board, and we're getting to the end of our draft, and he's still sitting there like a blinking red light. There is so much to like about this guy: He's big, long, athletic, plays with a relentless spirit, great motor, great energy, around the ball a lot. He plays the right way, has a lot of the traits we're looking for in our defensive linemen."

Of course, the brand-new staff cut both ways and for Jelks in the wrong direction. Defensive coordinator Mike Nolan seems to prefer bulkier body types, but Jelks had the size and versatility to be a move piece, and potentially get snaps as the designated pass rusher in a multiple-front defense.

In the end though, the staff would prefer to get more reps for the players they brought in this past offseason. It's going to be a standard theme as the roster gets molded over the next month. Dorance Armstrong and Joe Jackson remain from the previous draft classes while the 2020 squad has added fifth-round pick Bradlee Anae and UDFAs Ron'Dell Carter, Ladarius Hamilton and Azur Kamar
Assassin

Here's Mike McCarthy with a long, detailed answer about DeMarcus Lawrence standing up to rush the passer. He compared the situation to Julius Peppers' transition to the Packers' defense.

BearForce
Excuse my language but ****ing finally!

BearForce
Interesting

Assassin
BearForce said:

no s**t!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Interesting

actually that's a 2-5-4 defense. Chiefs ran it a bit
BearForce

BearForce
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

yes it is about time. Totally embarrassing that it hasn't been done before now!!! I loved watching Drew Pearson. Mr. Tulsa Hurricane, we are proud of you!
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

so sad. I feel so sorry for him. Did get a nice signing bonus
BearForce
Just in case you needed a reminder of how much of a boss Jimmy Johnson was:

Assassin
BearForce said:

wow. Maybe they were only looking at him as a 1 year player. He was out for the year. Hmmmm
Assassin
Last year Greg Zuerlein made a career-low 72.7% of his kicks with the Los Angeles Rams. Special teams coach John Fassel, who was with Zuerlein in LA, put it on a groin pull that prevented him from kicking during practice for a number of weeks. "Not making an excuse for Greg and he's the last one to do it, but that has a factor on the ability to swing like you normally would," Fassel said. "He's fully healed and I expect Greg to be one of the top kickers if not the top kicker."
Assassin
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

wow. Maybe they were only looking at him as a 1 year player. He was out for the year. Hmmmm
Or they are thinking this will not heal - ever.
Assassin
I really like Mike Nolan as D cord. Sharp guy.

It will be interesting to see if all the new and medically fixed players gel. And if the front 7 can bring enough rush to keep the CBs from being shown up
Assassin
Assassin
From Clutchpoints:

Now officially a member of the Dallas Cowboys, longtime Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton will be backing up fellow signal-caller Dak Prescott when the heralded NFC East franchise takes the field in 2020.

With Dalton moving into such a role for the first time in his career, he has since remained very complimentary of Prescott while most recently referring to his quarterbacking colleague as a "great leader."
Quote:

"He's a great leader," Dalton told reporters of Prescott earlier this week, via NBC Sports' Pro Football Talk. "You can see just getting the guys around him to buy in to everything we're doing, make sure everybody's on the same page, pushing guys to be the best they can be. I think that's one of the best traits he's got. Then throw in his physical traits of being able to throw the ball well and move around well and all the things. I've really enjoyed getting to know Dak. It's one of things where it's been a great friendship, and we'll be friends for the rest of our lives."
Even though Prescott has become quite the durable presence under center since originally breaking into the league with Dallas a few years back, the Cowboys no doubt have one of the top quarterback tandems in the entire NFL.

If Prescott was to go down with an injury, though such a scenario is highly unlikely if history has taught us anything, Dalton would be able to step in without a hitch, which is something that not many teams can see confidently with September looming large.
Assassin
Maybe Everson Griffen was meant to be a Dallas Cowboy, right down to his first name.

"For one, it was my favorite football team growing up," he said. "People actually don't know I'm named after Everson Walls."
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

From Clutchpoints:

Now officially a member of the Dallas Cowboys, longtime Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton will be backing up fellow signal-caller Dak Prescott when the heralded NFC East franchise takes the field in 2020.

With Dalton moving into such a role for the first time in his career, he has since remained very complimentary of Prescott while most recently referring to his quarterbacking colleague as a "great leader."
Quote:

"He's a great leader," Dalton told reporters of Prescott earlier this week, via NBC Sports' Pro Football Talk. "You can see just getting the guys around him to buy in to everything we're doing, make sure everybody's on the same page, pushing guys to be the best they can be. I think that's one of the best traits he's got. Then throw in his physical traits of being able to throw the ball well and move around well and all the things. I've really enjoyed getting to know Dak. It's one of things where it's been a great friendship, and we'll be friends for the rest of our lives."
Even though Prescott has become quite the durable presence under center since originally breaking into the league with Dallas a few years back, the Cowboys no doubt have one of the top quarterback tandems in the entire NFL.

If Prescott was to go down with an injury, though such a scenario is highly unlikely if history has taught us anything, Dalton would be able to step in without a hitch, which is something that not many teams can see confidently with September looming large.
Andy Dalton has CLASS. I don't care if he is from TCU.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

From Clutchpoints:

Quote:

Silly Frogs!
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

From Clutchpoints:

Quote:

Silly Frogs!
Don't get smart with me! Lol
Assassin
Assassin
Cowboy Wire

Dave Sturchio
August 20, 2020 10:06 am ET

"Who the hell was No. 58?!" is the reaction Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy would say if he saw Aldon Smith for the first time on the practice field. That's not a technically a question, it's an exciting statement.
McCarthy answered questions in a Thursday morning press conference ahead of the Dallas Cowboys' fifth practice, which will take place partially on the field and grass for fundamental work and then shift inside for situational practice.

According to McCarthy, Smith hasn't missed a beat when it comes to on the field work.

Being that Smith has been there through all the virtual meetings this off-season, he's been mentally and emotionally prepped for this situation where he's been thrown into the fire rapidly. McCarthy went on to show praise for his strength and power from a physical standpoint but noted that with a new system, new language, and new players around him, Smith is off to a very good start.

Smith's past track record was the red flag raised by the rest of the 31 NFL teams and was avoided at all costs. The Cowboys came calling to take the gamble. He was signed by the team in April and was reinstated by the league in May. With no hesitations, he was brought up to speed immediately after being away from the league for four years.

Smith is a former seventh-overall pick by the San Francisco 49ers in 2011 and in a short time frame was able to accumulate 47.5 sacks in just 59 games as a pro. With the Cowboys having depth on the defensive line in 2020, expect Smith to see the field in various ways, situations, but overall make an immediate impact on this year's defensive unit.
Assassin
BearForce
A nice what have learned so far from training camp article by BtB.com

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/8/21/21377344/dallas-cowboys-big-picture-all-we-think-we-have-learned-training-camp-in-one-place-mike-mccarthy
Assassin
Assassin
Cowboy Wire

Linebacker Sean Lee is back for his eleventh season with the team, but he hasn't technically been with the team for the real on-the-field sessions. The two-time Pro Bowler has been working off to the side, for reasons that were unclear until Friday's revelation from head coach Mike McCarthy.

Lee is battling an injury.

The nature of the injury is unspecified; it apparently happened during the strength and conditioning phase of the offseason and has led the team to take a cautious approach with Lee as the contact portion of training camp has gotten underway.
First Page Last Page
Page 452 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.