Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,344 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
BaylorRocks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just saved a ton on my car insurance
Wichitabear
BearForce, are you on some secret mission?
BearForce
Dallas Cowboys clear $6.675M of salary cap space by way of Tyron Smith's contract converting base salary to a signing bonus.

Assassin
BearForce said:

Dallas Cowboys clear $6.675M of salary cap space by way of Tyron Smith's contract converting base salary to a signing bonus.

We can hope that Todd France was the problem and Dak's new rep isnt a total jerk like France. He has a bad history of grabbing hold of a contract point, stopping all calls between he and the teams - until the last minute (see Demarius Thomas for Broncos
Assassin
Assassin
It's late August and still no football
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

It starts in September, right?
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Maybe...
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Maybe...
well it better because that's my stress relief for dealing with school. Lololol. Even though I'm not sure which one causes more stress. Lolol
Assassin
just thinking how much a Earl Thomas trade and sign would have cost us... a 1st and 3rd was what Seattle wanted in 2018. That would have been LVE and Micheal Gallup in that draft...

Ravens got him and signed up to a $55 mil contract: $32 million guaranteed and averages $14.33 million over the first three years

BearForce
Assassin said:

just thinking how much a Earl Thomas trade and sign would have cost us... a 1st and 3rd was what Seattle wanted in 2018. That would have been LVE and Micheal Gallup in that draft...

Ravens got him and signed up to a $55 mil contract: $32 million guaranteed and averages $14.33 million over the first three years

Or just draft Juan Thornhill in 2018...
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

hmmmm
BearForce
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

And I know it was Assassin that most likely starred my comment as we both liked him out of Virginia and were thrilled him, the Miss St kid and the Deleware kid were all there for the taking, and we take Trystan Hill one round early with character issues coming out of UCF and the rest is history.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I'll take LVE and Gallup along with all the folks we were able to sign anyday. Add that Gallup lets us move on from Cooper in two seasons if the cap stays low or even goes down (virus gets worse)
Assassin
Forgot all about this -
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I'll take LVE and Gallup along with all the folks we were able to sign anyday. Add that Gallup lets us move on from Cooper in two seasons if the cap stays low or even goes down (virus gets worse)

You probably didnt read my latest post or forgot we could have drafted Thornhill in round 2 and then in the 3rd round, like we did, draft Gallup, who as you might remember I loved out of CSU.

The choice is Hill vs Thornhill as your 2nd rounder...I would have chosen Thornhill and the Chiefs are glad we did otherwise...
BearForce
If there is any questions about how good Everson Griffen is, just look at him against Tyron Smith last year...some serious give and take between both guys:

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

You probably didnt read my latest post or forgot we could have drafted Thornhill in round 2 and then in the 3rd round, like we did, draft Gallup, who as you might remember I loved out of CSU.

The choice is Hill vs Thornhill as your 2nd rounder...I would have chosen Thornhill and the Chiefs are glad we did otherwise...
But the conversation isnt about 2nd rounder. It's about Earl Thomas and what we what was offered to us for him, a 1st and 3rd rounder in 2018 plus an enormous amount of cap space when he was re-signed. And he was not the 'magnetic' personality that Seattle talked about. Lots more warts surfaced about him post-Seahawks.

And if we had made the trade, sure we might have taken Thornhill in 2, but we wouldnt have the 3, so no Gallup. And of course no starting MLB named Vander Esch

And hard to project cap space issues and who we wouldnt have been able to sign, but most certainly some of these folks
Assassin
Assassin
And now we may get Earl anyway...

Assassin
I can't see us trading for Thomas given the cap hit;

Trading Earl Thomas will leave behind $15M of dead cap to the #Ravens ($5M in 2020, $10M in 2021). The receiving team will take on a fully GTD $10M in 2020, then non-GTD $11M, $12M thereafter.

However this scenario might work out just fine

An outright release leaves behind $25M dead to BAL.
Assassin
Ryan Switzer updates... we had him - and we gave him away for Jihad Ward. Who?

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/08/steelers-ryan-switzer-the-next-julian-edelman-or-wes-welker/
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

But the conversation isnt about 2nd rounder. It's about Earl Thomas and what we what was offered to us for him, a 1st and 3rd rounder in 2018 plus an enormous amount of cap space when he was re-signed. And he was not the 'magnetic' personality that Seattle talked about. Lots more warts surfaced about him post-Seahawks.

And if we had made the trade, sure we might have taken Thornhill in 2, but we wouldnt have the 3, so no Gallup. And of course no starting MLB named Vander Esch

And hard to project cap space issues and who we wouldnt have been able to sign, but most certainly some of these folks

Dude, my reply to you was if you draft Thornhill you dont need Thomas...
BearForce
Assassin said:

Ryan Switzer updates... we had him - and we gave him away for Jihad Ward. Who?

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/08/steelers-ryan-switzer-the-next-julian-edelman-or-wes-welker/

Yeah...and go back and look at my reaction when we did that....just dumb
Wichitabear
We don't need to go after Thomas. He has some personal problems. Not good for the locker room. No discipline! I don't want him. TROUBLE
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Good Problem to have!
BearForce
Cedrick Wilson seems to be emerging as the #4...I kinda felt he would have last year too without the injuries with the advantage of being a Boise St product who should have great familiarity with what Kellen Moore is doing with the offense.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/8/24/21398013/cedrick-wilson-has-essentially-cemented-himself-as-the-fourth-wide-receiver-for-dallas-cowboys
BearForce
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assuming we will release/not re-sign or trade one of our WRs, he could be our #3 in 2021
Assassin
Stephen Jones on Earl Thomas (no denying!)

"Just as we didn't talk about Everson [Griffen] until it was done. We found out that works much better for us. As I said, we're in it 365 days a year and we're always looking to get better," Jones said. "Obviously, it's not very productive for us to talk about anything that might be in the works because it can always work against you."
Assassin
Remember how we kinda liked S Grant Delpit? just may have torn his Achilles for the Browns. That team pissed off somebody in the upper stratosphere
Assassin
Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy was asked for injury updates on Tyron Smith, La'el Collins and Sean Lee on Monday morning, and the feedback was positive.

"All three of those guys are doing well," McCarthy said. "I think you're going to see them start working into maybe some individual drill work. But I don't have any serious long-time concerns for the group."

Smith left practice early with hamstring tightness last week, while Collins and Lee have yet to practice at all.

McCarthy has talked frequently about managing injury concerns with regard to the season opener. Still, it would be a big boost for three of the Cowboys' most decorated veterans to get onto the field.
Assassin
Assassin said:

Stephen Jones on Earl Thomas (no denying!)

"Just as we didn't talk about Everson [Griffen] until it was done. We found out that works much better for us. As I said, we're in it 365 days a year and we're always looking to get better," Jones said. "Obviously, it's not very productive for us to talk about anything that might be in the works because it can always work against you."
  • Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy said he's "discussed" signing free agent S Earl Thomas with VP of player personnel Will McClay.
    Rapoport's colleague, Jane Slater, who is very in tune with Dallas' happenings suggested over the weekend that while the Cowboys may have interest in Thomas, they likely aren't willing to commit the amount of money to him that he'd like. Thomas would likely have to take a pay cut to come to the Cowboys, but it may be something he's interested in if he truly wants to be part of the team. Thomas, of course, infamously told the Cowboys to "come get" him when he was still in Seattle. He played his college ball at Texas.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Aug 24, 2020, 11:01 AM ET

BearForce
Assassin said:

Remember how we kinda liked S Grant Delpit? just may have torn his Achilles for the Browns. That team pissed off somebody in the upper stratosphere
Yeah the football gods do not like...someone must keep drinking Jobu's sacrifice.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Yeah the football gods do not like...someone must keep drinking Jobu's sacrifice.
I dont know of another team that is so snakebitten. The kid we REALLY liked, CB Kevin Johnson lacerated his liver in practice, Nick Chubb is in concussion protocol, Mack Wilson is either gonna need surgery or a lot of rest. Njoku has a problem with the same wrist he missed 10 games from last year
First Page Last Page
Page 453 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.