Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,175 Views | 29569 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

need an 8 min drive with a TD
you were exactly right! Smart guy!
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BaylorProud77
Let little Aaron get away, crap
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

need an 8 min drive with a TD
you were exactly right! Smart guy!
lololol
BaylorProud77
Another loss
BearForce
BearInBigD said:

Love the TD but that horrendous 2nd down call may come back to bite us in the ass.

Ass is bleeding right now...
BaylorProud77
Not our year in anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on Lady Bear Basketball. Crap!
BearInBigD
BearForce said:

BearInBigD said:

Love the TD but that horrendous 2nd down call may come back to bite us in the ass.

Ass is bleeding right now...
Infuriating.
Samwise
Defense blows another one. Jesus Christ.
BearForce
And just like last year, blown contain allows Rodgers outside again.
Gust Avrakotos
First off, Assassin you can kiss my ass.

Secondly, that loss is on Red Headed Jesus. How many times does Aaron Rodgers have to come back and beat our freaking asses before we understand that our defense sucks and we can't leave any time on the freaking clock? How freaking hard is that?

Sick of this crap. We are an 8-8 team this year if that.

Unbelievable!

WAC
D. C. Bear
Unfortunately, I had no doubt what Mr. Rodgers was about to do.
VN 68
D. C. Bear said:

Unfortunately, you were right.
Assassin
BearForce said:

And just like last year, blown contain allows Rodgers outside again.
No kidding.

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Thinking back on the Rodgers scramble. That was David Irving, the NT who almost ran him down. Not the RDE
BearForce
This team may well be praying for a wild card. I saw Philly today and they are rolling. They finally got Wentz some WRs and their defense is dialed in...not to mention they are looking at like a two game lead with wins over the Ginas and skins already.
BaylorProud77
Well maybe we could just get them a little Tykes hoop for inspiration
Assassin
Another solid game for Dak - 251 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT that was 100% on Terrance
BaylorProud77
BearForce said:

This team may well be praying for a wild card. I saw Philly today and they are rolling. They finally got Wentz some WRs and their defense is dialed in...not to mention they are looking at like a two game lead with wins over the Ginas and skins already.
yep, I watched that
BearForce
Assassin said:

Thinking back on the Rodgers scramble. That was David Irving, the NT who almost ran him down. Not the RDE

Agree but who failed to set the edge?

Heck with a three man front why not spy Rodgers there....shades of last year all over again.
Assassin
BearForce said:

We still play them twice
Assassin
Zeke had 116 yds after a slow start. Really took over when we needed it
Assassin
If I had to look at two plays that cost us the game that wasnt the end drive, it would be fake Mayowa "hit" that wasnt a hit. Rodgers was down at the 2.

Also the Hitchens facemask. GB scored after that
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

We still play them twice

Which means we need to be two games better than them the rest of the year...those are tough odds.
BearForce
Assassin said:

If I had to look at two plays that cost us the game that wasnt the end drive, it would be fake Mayowa "hit" that wasnt a hit. Rodgers was down at the 2.

TWill's drop didn't help and also we got a phantom unnecessary roughness call in our favor in the first quarter on the first TD...
Gust Avrakotos
D. C. Bear said:

And you're a moron...so if you knew...everyone in the world knew.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

TWill's drop didn't help and also we got a phantom unnecessary roughness call in our favor in the first quarter on the first TD...

The Terrance thing was a definate - GB scored on it. as much as I love Terrance, that body catching drives me nutz, Notice the difference the RB hand catchers made?
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

The Terrance thing was a definate - GB scored on it. as much as I love Terrance, that body catching drives me nutz, Notice the difference the RB hand catchers made?

We need an upgrade at WR
Assassin
BearForce said:

We need an upgrade at WR
Yep. Plus Dez is on the downside of his career. Butler is a big play only guy. Not sure about Noah Brown yet
Gust Avrakotos
We have no freaking speed at WR so we can't stretch the field. Dez is not a deep threat and Terence only shows up for 1 out of every 3 games.
Assassin
Jaylon Smith did a pretty good job today, played about half the plays as last week. Still much better going downhill than backpedaling. Pretty much what we were told before the season started.

Hitchens had a few really soliid moments but that one dumb facemask was costly

Jones says he's very optimistic Sean Lee will be good to go when the Cowboys come back from their bye week

BearForce
Oh and guys lets not forget the incomplete fade to Dez on the final TD drive...why even throw there...tell me how important those 45 seconds that would have ran off would have been?

Now that is some dumb coaching and I will be honest I'm disappointed in Dak for not recognizing that as well.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Oh and guys lets not forget the incomplete fade to Dez on the final TD drive...why even throw there...tell me how important those 45 seconds that would have ran off would have been?

Now that is some dumb coaching and I will be honest I'm disappointed in Dak for not recognizing that as well.
I think at some point you just have to understand that you're down 4 pts, you have to score a TD. Nothing else matters. Taking time off the clock is great - but its secondary to scoring.

The onus has to be on the defense. The offense played well enough to win. They've played well enough to be 4-1 or maybe 5-0 this season.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I think at some point you just have to understand that you're down 4 pts, you have to score a TD. Nothing else matters. Taking time off the clock is great - but its secondary to scoring.

The onus has to be on the defense. The offense played well enough to win. They've played well enough to be 4-1 or maybe 5-0 this season.
I understand the need to score, which is why I was ok with Dak scoring on the zone read...what I am talking about is the throw to Dez in the end zone a couple of plays previous on a 2nd and 1...why not just run the ball, move the chains, and roll the clock and/or at least make GB use that final TO?

As for the defense vs. the offense, remember we are supposed to be a ball control team but we have consistently been not that at all in the second half, leaving the defense (not that they are getting a whole bunch of stops) out there for most of the second half, thus the collapses.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I understand the need to score, which is why I was ok with Dak scoring on the zone read...what I am talking about is the throw to Dez in the end zone a couple of plays previous on a 2nd and 1...why not just run the ball, move th chains, and roll the clock and/or at least make GB use that final TO?
Thats one school of thought The other says that you are down by a TD (4pts in this case). Its better to do everything you can to score and let your defense take over.

If they ran the ball there, once again, bringing up 4th down and then didnt score, folks would be hollering, why didnt you just throw instead?

D. C. Bear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I understand the need to score, which is why I was ok with Dak scoring on the zone read...what I am talking about is the throw to Dez in the end zone a couple of plays previous on a 2nd and 1...why not just run the ball, move th chains, and roll the clock and/or at least make GB use that final TO?
Thats one school of thought The other says that you are down by a TD (4pts in this case). Its better to do everything you can to score and let your defense take over.

If they ran the ball there, once again, bringing up 4th down and then didnt score, folks would be hollering, why didnt you just throw instead?

It was second and one. You have three chances to pick up one yard and take a big chunk of time off the clock, likely getting Green Bay to take their last time out. You have plenty of time to score and plenty of plays to do it.
First Page Last Page
Page 47 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.