Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,345 Views | 29569 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin
BearForce said:

Big mistake. Neither one is a starter or even a backup. Put diNucci in there, find out how he rebounds. This year is toast, find out who is on next year's roster
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

I really couldn't tell. Did bf complete the pass? Lol
Assassin
Welcome to the newly designed Memories of Dallas webpage. After GoDaddy losing a ton of our webwork, our webmaster Kathryn Bazan got about 98% back and I filled in the rest. It's gorgeous!

Our next step will be working on the Mem Inc webpage. A similar design with different color scheme is being used.

Enjoy it using our latest interview, with former Dallas Cowboy All Pro Safety, Charlie Waters!

Back in the day, the Dallas Cowboys had a couple of whiz-bang safeties playing for them, Captain Crash aka Cliff Harris and Charlie Waters. With the help of Phil Weir, I was able to pin Charlie down for a couple of interviews and learn so much about his journey, how he got to Clemson, getting drafted by Dallas, finding that special gal and life after the Dallas Cowboys.

Remember this: Alligator shoes

I had a blast doing this one. Charlie is smart and articulate - and the Consummate NFL Pro. The guy knows his business.

I wanted a special interview that all the folks in our Memories of Dallas, Memories of Texas and Memories of Texas Football would want to read. And one that would show off our new website design! Enjoy!

https://memoriesofdallas.org/charliewaters/

There are 'Shares' set up at the bottom of the interview for Facebook, Twitter, etc. Please share to your friends and family.

#CharlieWaters @Memories_Dallas @DallasCowboys @Gil_Brandt @CliffHarris43 @NFLAlumni

Paul Heckmann
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott (hamstring) did rehab work during individual drills at Thursday's practice.

Elliott was limited during Wednesday's practice with the hamstring issue. Though he's still on track to play this week against Pittsburgh, a Friday downgrade could mean a big workload for Tony Pollard this week against the Steelers.
BearForce

Assassin
BearForce said:

What service was this?

BTW - thats a defensive haul
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

What service was this?

BTW - thats a defensive haul

Fanspeak On the clock
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Im glad MMA is a good outlet for you. I just cant get into it myself as I have always been a pure boxing guy and I can't watch these guys today. They pale in comparison to the guys in the 70s, 80s, and 90s that I grew up watching. Hagler, Herns, Lennard, Homes, Holyfield, Tyson, Roy Jones, Duran, etc.
I was a huge boxing guy back until MMA came around. Finding Brazilian Juijitsui and realizing that I was really good at it was a huge deal for me. In boxing, I was limited as I had no left. Great right everything but the left was a no-go. Same issues I found in Tae Kwon Do and Shotokan and Kenpo. Any kind of standup. BJJ was perfect.

BTW - did you read teh Burton Gilliam interview I did? He is the all time Golden Gloves wins leader. 201 wins out of 216 fights
No, haven't seen it.
https://memoriesofdallas.org/burtongilliam/

I had lunch with Burton last week at Stonebriar. . The second guy on left is Earl Young, won a Gold at the Rome Olympics, Sammy Walker is on the right by me, came in 9th in the 1972 Olympics in weightlifing, also set the national shotput record at 70 plus until Micheal Carter sailed one into the stratosphere.

Burton would have competed in the Olympics, but for some pisspoor judging. He lost by a point.

However he was vindicated when Jesse Lopez won the bronze. Burton was 2-0 against Jesse
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott (hamstring) did rehab work during individual drills at Thursday's practice.

Elliott was limited during Wednesday's practice with the hamstring issue. Though he's still on track to play this week against Pittsburgh, a Friday downgrade could mean a big workload for Tony Pollard this week against the Steelers.
I'm not so sure that would be a downgrade. Lol
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

I'm not so sure that would be a downgrade. Lol
I was all for trading him before he signed that last deal. It would have been the perfect time
Assassin
Fanspeaks new format is sooo much easier. I would be ectatic with this draft. No way Sewell drops to #5, he's the best player in the draft. And no way Radunz falls to the 5th round. But if they did, you may have your bookend OTs for the next decade. Barmore in the 2nd? Heck yea! Picking up Purdy in the 4th is a great deal as is Max Duffy, the punter. Ray Guy award winner with a 48 plus yd avg

5: R1 P5 OT Penei Sewell - Oregon
37: R2 P5 DL Christian Barmore - Alabama
69: R3 P5 S Andre Cisco - Syracuse
98: R3 P34 CB Kary Vincent Jr. - LSU
107: R4 P5 QB Brock Purdy - Iowa State
136: R4 P34 LB Jack Sanborn - Wisconsin
154: R5 P13 OT Dillon Radunz - North Dakota State
176: R5 P35 EDGE Azeez Ojulari - Georgia
192: R6 P13 P Max Duffy - Kentucky
218: R6 P39 LB O'Rien Vance - Iowa State
228: R7 P5 WR Brennan Eagles - Texas
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Fanspeaks new format is sooo much easier. I would be ectatic with this draft. No way Sewell drops to #5, he's the best player in the draft. And no way Radunz falls to the 5th round. But if they did, you may have your bookend OTs for the next decade. Barmore in the 2nd? Heck yea! Picking up Purdy in the 4th is a great deal as is Max Duffy, the punter. Ray Guy award winner with a 48 plus yd avg

107: R4 P5 QB Brock Purdy - Iowa State
Brock Purdy???? Not sure
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Fanspeaks new format is sooo much easier. I would be ectatic with this draft. No way Sewell drops to #5, he's the best player in the draft. And no way Radunz falls to the 5th round. But if they did, you may have your bookend OTs for the next decade. Barmore in the 2nd? Heck yea! Picking up Purdy in the 4th is a great deal as is Max Duffy, the punter. Ray Guy award winner with a 48 plus yd avg - Old Love Field photo album

107: R4 P5 QB Brock la - Iowa State
Brock Purdy???? Not sure
Could have gone for Zach Wilson, probably a better prospect
GrizBear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Fanspeaks new format is sooo much easier. I would be ectatic with this draft. No way Sewell drops to #5, he's the best player in the draft. And no way Radunz falls to the 5th round. But if they did, you may have your bookend OTs for the next decade. Barmore in the 2nd? Heck yea! Picking up Purdy in the 4th is a great deal as is Max Duffy, the punter. Ray Guy award winner with a 48 plus yd avg - Old Love Field photo album

Brock Purdy???? Not sure

IMO, if you have R1 P5 you take Trey Lance and move on from Dak. But maybe that's just me.
Assassin
GrizBear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Fanspeaks new format is sooo much easier. I would be ectatic with this draft. No way Sewell drops to #5, he's the best player in the draft. And no way Radunz falls to the 5th round. But if they did, you may have your bookend OTs for the next decade. Barmore in the 2nd? Heck yea! Picking up Purdy in the 4th is a great deal as is Max Duffy, the punter. Ray Guy award winner with a 48 plus yd avg - Old Love Field photo album.

5: R1 P5 OT Penei Sewell - Oregon2
Brock Purdy???? Not sure
IMO, if you have R1 P5 you take Trey Lance and move on from Dak. But maybe that's just me.
I considered it, but not absolutely sold on Lance right now. On the otherhand, getting the best player in the draft at 5 is a huge win. And getting Radunz in the 5th? I would have considered him in the 1st but didnt notice he was there. Fanspeak has him rated much lower than the rest of the world.

Thought process, go ahead, sign Dak to a deal that is more backloaded than frontloaded. He understands that his wheels are in question and that he will be traded. Trade him for a bunch of future picks or even young proven talent at S or CB or LB. Dak is a huge talent but anyone taking up that high of a percentage of the cap needs to be worth that payment. I think his lack of pocket presence is huge. Other teams have figured out that keeping him in the pocket and frazzled is the way to beat him, the opposite of the Drew Brees and Aaron Rogers and Russel Wilson.

Draft the OL and DL heavy, go with Dalton as your starter. Groom his backup. You drafted your future starting bookend OTs. You drafted a starting DT, 1 or 3 or anywhere on the DL.

Consider trading Elliott although his value has dropped. Tank is gone at the end of the year. Start to move on from all the LBs without initials of LVE (I am holding out hope that he is healthy)

You have a wealth of talent at WR. Consider trades or cuts there. its a mixed bag with mixed results
trey3216
Assassin said:

GrizBear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Fanspeaks new format is sooo much easier. I would be ectatic with this draft. No way Sewell drops to #5, he's the best player in the draft. And no way Radunz falls to the 5th round. But if they did, you may have your bookend OTs for the next decade. Barmore in the 2nd? Heck yea! Picking up Purdy in the 4th is a great deal as is Max Duffy, the punter. Ray Guy award winner with a 48 plus yd avg - Old Love Field photo album.

Brock Purdy???? Not sure
I considered it, but not absolutely sold on Lance right now. On the otherhand, getting the best player in the draft at 5 is a huge win. And getting Radunz in the 5th? I would have considered him in the 1st but didnt notice he was there. Fanspeak has him rated much lower than the rest of the world.

Thought process, go ahead, sign Dak to a deal that is more backloaded than frontloaded. He understands that his wheels are in question and that he will be traded. Trade him for a bunch of future picks or even young proven talent at S or CB or LB. Dak is a huge talent but anyone taking up that high of a percentage of the cap needs to be worth that payment. I think his lack of pocket presence is huge. Other teams have figured out that keeping him in the pocket and frazzled is the way to beat him, the opposite of the Drew Brees and Aaron Rogers and Russel Wilson.

Draft the OL and DL heavy, go with Dalton as your starter. Groom his backup. You drafted your future starting bookend OTs. You drafted a starting DT, 1 or 3 or anywhere on the DL.

Consider trading Elliott although his value has dropped. Tank is gone at the end of the year. Start to move on from all the LBs without initials of LVE (I am holding out hope that he is healthy)

You have a wealth of talent at WR. Consider trades or cuts there. its a mixed bag with mixed results

Tank gone for what reason?
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

GrizBear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Brock Purdy???? Not sure

I mis typed. Meant TCrawford.

Although now that I think about it, I wonder that DLaw is on his last legs. In half a season he has 3 sacks and 30 combined tackles. Projected to 6 and 30, and looking at the 2019 NFL totals, that would put him in the 60 to 65th player rankings for sacks and 150-155th for tackles. Bobby Wagner would have had about 100 more tackles than DLaw. He's been in on 56.7% of our plays so thats not really a big issue

With an average salary of $21m, it's one of the worst contracts in the NFL as it was so heavily loaded. We cant really cut him until after the 2021 season.

https://www.sportscasting.com/demarcus-lawrence-has-1-of-the-worst-contracts-in-the-nfl-and-isnt-worth-his-16-9-million-salary/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/demarcus-lawrence-14443/
Assassin
Dez Bryant active this week for Baltimore. Always liked Dez, hope he does well
GrizBear
Assassin said:

GrizBear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Brock Purdy???? Not sure

I like Dak, but I say move on because, even pre-injury, he's not worth big $$$. He's not a QB whose skills are going to take you to Super Bowls. For that same reason, why would another team part with draft picks or players? It would be dumb for another team to give away anything valuable for Dak and still have to pay him top-5 money.
trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

GrizBear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Brock Purdy???? Not sure

Although now that I think about it, I wonder that DLaw is on his last legs. In half a season he has 3 sacks and 30 combined tackles. Projected to 6 and 30, and looking at the 2019 NFL totals, that would put him in the 60 to 65th player rankings for sacks and 150-155th for tackles. Bobby Wagner would have had about 100 more tackles than DLaw. He's been in on 56.7% of our plays so thats not really a big issue

With an average salary of $21m, it's one of the worst contracts in the NFL as it was so heavily loaded. We cant really cut him until after the 2021 season.

https://www.sportscasting.com/demarcus-lawrence-has-1-of-the-worst-contracts-in-the-nfl-and-isnt-worth-his-16-9-million-salary/

DLaw is PFF's 3rd highest graded edge rusher for the season.
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

GrizBear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Brock Purdy???? Not sure

with 3 sacks and 30 tackles through half the year. Think about it
trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

GrizBear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Brock Purdy???? Not sure

I'm not saying he's played great, but he's actually played pretty damn well. Watch him every play on defense. He's the only one that gets his job done every time
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

I'm not saying he's played great, but he's actually played pretty damn well. Watch him every play on defense. He's the only one that gets his job done every time
To me, getting your job done goes hand in hand with getting paid like a superstar. Either we incredibly overpaid DLaw or 'getting the job done' threshhold is well below average. Because he is well below average in the Sacks and Tackles categories. Those are the two of the main categories he is getting paid for.
BearForce
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

To me, getting your job done goes hand in hand with getting paid like a superstar. Either we incredibly overpaid DLaw or 'getting the job done' threshhold is well below average. Because he is well below average in the Sacks and Tackles categories. Those are the two of the main categories he is getting paid for.

Overpaid because we waited and put ourselves in a corner...sound familiar?
trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

30 tackles is a huge amount for a DE 8 games into the season. A lot of the sacks that Aldon has are due to the QB moving that way from DLaw pressures. I'm serious, just watch him play every play and you'd be surprised how well he is playing.
Assassin
trey3216 said:

30 tackles is a huge amount for a DE 8 games into the season. A lot of the sacks that Aldon has are due to the QB moving that way from DLaw pressures. I'm serious, just watch him play every play and you'd be surprised how well he is playing.
not huge numbers although I will say not horrible. As for sacks, he sucks. Danielle Walker had 80 tackles last year to lead DEs with 17 sacks. Miles Garrett already has 9 sacks this year. DLaw is way back
trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

not huge numbers although I will say not horrible. As for sacks, he sucks. Danielle Walker had 80 tackles last year to lead DEs with 17 sacks. Miles Garrett already has 9 sacks this year. DLaw is way back

He doesn't have a lot of sacks because the DT's absolutely suck. They get zero pressure. He gets his job done every play. Seriously, watch the game.
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

He doesn't have a lot of sacks because the DT's absolutely suck. They get zero pressure. He gets his job done every play. Seriously, watch the game.
stop by this thread. You can tell who is watching the game.

Is he worth $105 mil? I thought so when he signed but have come to the realization that he hasnt played up to that contract
trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Is he worth $105 mil? I thought so when he signed but have come to the realization that he hasnt played up to that contract

I'm on the thread all the time.
BearForce
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Actually neither of you are wrong...DLaw is going his job as a very good pass rusher but is getting paid to be elite which he isn't. Part of that is the DTs do suck.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Actually neither of you are wrong...DLaw is going his job as a very good pass rusher but is getting paid to be elite which he isn't. Part of that is the DTs do suck.
the good news is that we have what must be an Elite DE on the team and his numbers are better than DLaws. Aldon Smith had more tackles, more sacks and seems to be in on a ton more. That dude must be getting some super elite money
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

the good news is that we have what must be an Elite DE on the team and his numbers are better than DLaws. Aldon Smith had more tackles, more sacks and seems to be in on a ton more. That dude must be getting some super elite money

Aldon isn't getting schemed as the top rush threat either just like the guy who racked up sacks opposite DLaw last year. And Aldon isn't elite either.
Assassin
I'm officially off the Brock diNucci Purdy drafting
First Page Last Page
Page 495 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.