Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,075,341 Views | 29541 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by BearForce
DanaDane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

DanaDane said:

I HATE Cee Dee Lamb, but that dude is gonna turn into a helluva NFL receiver if he stays healthy. Most rookies look completely lost when they get to the NFL, and while Lamb still does a few dumb college things it is pretty evident his skills are exceptional.
Hate as he was a Sooner and we are Bears kinda hate?

I agree. This dude should have gone in the Top 10 for sure.

Kind surprised that Diggs dropped to us. He has that tenacious streak you want in a CB. Heck of a good 2nd round pick I think

Yes. Same with Gallimore. Even though they're on my team now! haha
BearForce
Well Done!
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Well Done!

BearForce
Did a little visit to The Draft Network to test drive having the 3rd pick and used it to parlay some serious picks in several trades. Need plenty of ammo to do a cheap rebuild in a reduced cap year.

GoldMind
Wichitabear said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Thank God we got Lamb in there to help us beat all these teams.

Says the guy who still can't tell us who we should have drafted instead.
Well, if we'd drafted literally anyone else, we'd be exactly where we are right now so

Sounds like your arguement is, "don't draft, why bother?"

Your arguement not to draft CeeDee left the station a long time ago.
Glad you feel like our defense is tip-top.
If you are gonna pursue an football argument, at least grow some testicles. The old 'counterattack without balls' argument was gone in around Week 2.

If you're not upset with these results, you need to get checked for CTE.
you use to be so nice.
Im pissed. This sucks.

Oooo looky at this good wideout we drafted!

Its like we put one, awesome, good tire on a truck that needed new brakes.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

Wichitabear said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Well, if we'd drafted literally anyone else, we'd be exactly where we are right now so

If you are gonna pursue an football argument, at least grow some testicles. The old 'counterattack without balls' argument was gone in around Week 2.

you use to be so nice.
Im pissed. This sucks.

And yet we still have not heard who you wanted instead.
Franko
GoldMind said:

Wichitabear said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

you use to be so nice.
Im pissed. This sucks.

I'm pissed too. That we drafted Taco Charlton when TJ Watt was available.
BearForce
Franko said:

GoldMind said:

Wichitabear said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

you use to be so nice.
Im pissed. This sucks.

I'm pissed too. That we drafted Taco Charlton when TJ Watt was available.
Yep...
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

If you are gonna argue with someone, take a stand. Be specific. Make a stand. Backbone.

Now that the season is half over, you can dissect the draft and cherry pick a defensive player who would have been there at our pick. Obviously it's not the other fella that we most certainly would have chosen, Chaisson.

If you're gonna argue on this thread, you need to go home and put on your big boy pants. Otherwise you are just another zuneroo.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Colin Cowherd on Justin Fields. This was before this weekend.

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

We are in prime position to do it or use him a bait to do a mega CAPT Tradedown move.
Assassin
btw - I don't think Gilbert is as good as he played yesterday. He was underthrowing in the first half and overthrowing in the second half. D coordinators are gonna look at that tape and adapt coverage. There is a reason he had 45 INTs in college against 49 TDs

Still trying to figure out what they called on LVE when he pulled a punch that never connected and the refs threw the flag.

Jaylon Smith is really turning into a liability. He simply cant accelerate on those bad knees. I know the feeling. Making some bad football decisions too. The hands to the face of the QB is an absolute no-no these days.

Crawford - I guess he read this thread yesterday. My guess is that he was so fresh from not starting that he had superman energy to vault the OL. That is not gonna work against a great OL but I would like to see it. He had zero tackles yesterday and five for the year. Negotiate and pay him to block punts and backup DL, he is functional at all the positions, but not great. This year is the last of his overpaid contract.

Looney is our starter at C for a while. Badass hammy is gonna keep him out 2-3 weeks. If he doesnt rest it, it can be debilitating for a longer period.
BearForce
Assassin said:

btw - I don't think Gilbert is as good as he played yesterday. He was underthrowing in the first half and overthrowing in the second half. D coordinators are gonna look at that tape and adapt coverage. There is a reason he had 45 INTs in college against 49 TDs

Still trying to figure out what they called on LVE when he pulled a punch that never connected and the refs threw the flag.

Jaylon Smith is really turning into a liability. He simply cant accelerate on those bad knees. I know the feeling. Making some bad football decisions too. The hands to the face of the QB is an absolute no-no these days.

Crawford - I guess he read this thread yesterday. My guess is that he was so fresh from not starting that he had superman energy to vault the OL. That is not gonna work against a great OL but I would like to see it. He had zero tackles yesterday and five for the year. Negotiate and pay him to block punts and backup DL, he is functional at all the positions, but not great. This year is the last of his overpaid contract.

Looney is our starter at C for a while. Badass hammy is gonna keep him out 2-3 weeks. If he doesnt rest it, it can be debilitating for a longer period.
On Gilbert, I think you are discounting his time in NFL training camps and in the AAF and given he was here barely a week and still beat out Cooper Rush who has had training camp and games in this offense says something, As for college, I would look at what happen at SMU vs UT and the think about the recent history with UT QBs and then ask yourself, is it Gilbert or is it UT.

LVE had his facemask pulled and then retaliated and got caught.

Jaylon Smith is not turning into a liability! He has been a liability all year!

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

We are in prime position to do it or use him a bait to do a mega CAPT Tradedown move.

Someone in the Cowboys is gonna have to take a stand on Dak. Jerry will want to keep him, it's his team, he will make the final call.

My feeling is that Dak will be an overpaid big time talent with some massive holes in his game, the ones that cannot be fixed (pocket presence, awareness). He will continue to have big numbers but at $35m plus with a lower cap, you need more.

Obviously if we somehow get to #2 or 3, you will have to make a decision. Fields or Sowell, assuming Lawrence comes out which is not an absolute. If not, the Jets will go Fields and then Sowell will go to whomever is 2nd.

I am not against trading down but it comes to; Dak or no Dak. Can you sign him to a tradeable deal in a crummy year for new contracts and trading? not sure it can be done.

Assume we stick with Dak. We have to know if T Smith is gonna stay upright. He's missed at least three games in each of the past five seasons with knee, back, elbow and neck injuries. Yesterday they were discussing him going on season ending IR. Collins at RT. La'el Collins has been out all year. We have to know if he is gonna be able to come back from his hip surgeries. They made an offer to veteran Jared Veldheer, but he opted to retire. Would have been a nice half season signing.

IF we keep Dak, we need some healthy OL. If Sowell is sitting there, it would be hard not to take him

trey3216
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Someone in the Cowboys is gonna have to take a stand on Dak. Jerry will want to keep him, it's his team, he will make the final call.

My feeling is that Dak will be an overpaid big time talent with some massive holes in his game, the ones that cannot be fixed (pocket presence, awareness). He will continue to have big numbers but at $35m plus with a lower cap, you need more.

Obviously if we somehow get to #2 or 3, you will have to make a decision. Fields or Sowell, assuming Lawrence comes out which is not an absolute. If not, the Jets will go Fields and then Sowell will go to whomever is 2nd.

I am not against trading down but it comes to; Dak or no Dak. Can you sign him to a tradeable deal in a crummy year for new contracts and trading? not sure it can be done.

Assume we stick with Dak. We have to know if T Smith is gonna stay upright. He's missed at least three games in each of the past five seasons with knee, back, elbow and neck injuries. Yesterday they were discussing him going on season ending IR. Collins at RT. La'el Collins has been out all year. We have to know if he is gonna be able to come back from his hip surgeries. They made an offer to veteran Jared Veldheer, but he opted to retire. Would have been a nice half season signing.

IF we keep Dak, we need some healthy OL. If Sowell is sitting there, it would be hard not to take him

Tyron is already on season ending IR, he had neck surgery.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Assume we stick with Dak. We have to know if T Smith is gonna stay upright. He's missed at least three games in each of the past five seasons with knee, back, elbow and neck injuries. on season ending IR. Collins at RT. La'el Collins has been out all year. We have to know if he is gonna be able to come back from his hip surgeries. They made an offer to veteran Jared Veldheer, but he opted to retire. Would have been a nice half season signing.

Tyron is already on season ending IR, he had neck surgery.
there ya go.

Collins did pretty well last year but hips can be really nasty issues, especially when that is your powerbase
BearForce
Jets gonna fool around and put the #1 pick in play
GoldMind
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

If you are gonna argue with someone, take a stand. Be specific. Make a stand. Backbone.

Now that the season is half over, you can dissect the draft and cherry pick a defensive player who would have been there at our pick. Obviously it's not the other fella that we most certainly would have chosen, Chaisson.

If you're gonna argue on this thread, you need to go home and put on your big boy pants. Otherwise you are just another zuneroo.

Ive said it 50 ****ing times, man.

WE
DID
N
O
T
Need
OF
FE
NSE

If we'd drafted Chaisson, guess what, we'd still be sucking just exactly like we are right now.

Lamb has made LITTLE difference to the bottom line. Nothing but some highlights.

At least other teams will be drooling all over this dude, Id trade his ass today and every other day too.

Id rather us waste a pick trying to get better on the side of the ball that was hurting, than to bust a nut on a player we did not need.

Arnette would have been fine, Brooks would have been fine, Queen would have been fine.

You don't buy **** at the grocery store because you can, you buy what you need.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
D. C. Bear
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

WE
DID
N
O
T
Need
OF
FE
NSE

If we'd drafted Chaisson, guess what, we'd still be sucking just exactly like we are right now.

Lamb has made LITTLE difference to the bottom line. Nothing but some highlights.

At least other teams will be drooling all over this dude, Id trade his ass today and every other day too.

Id rather us waste a pick trying to get better on the side of the ball that was hurting, than to bust a nut on a player we did not need.

Arnette would have been fine, Brooks would have been fine, Queen would have been fine.

Well, I don't buy **** at the grocery store. I buy food. What aisle is the **** on?
BearForce
D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

WE
DID
N
O
T
Need
OF
FE
NSE

Well, I don't buy **** at the grocery store. I buy food. What aisle is the **** on?

Some of us eat food and goldy eats *****..
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

ok, the Steeler guy was holding on to LV's face mask and would not let go so LV swatted him.
trey3216
Digs out 4-6 (probably the rest of the season to be honest) with a broken bone in his foot.
GoldMind
BearForce said:

D. C. Bear said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

WE
DID
N
O
T
Need
OF
FE
NSE

Some of us eat food and goldy eats *****..
BearForce
This mock should make Goldy happy, **** eating and all...LOL

And yes, we did business with our buddy Matt Rhule

I should also say that I assumed Dak was resigned, otherwise I could and would have drafted Justin Fields at #3

BearForce
Not that it matters for us but...

Assassin
BearForce
Assassin
Assassin
Thinking we are not gonna lose this weekend. Anybody want to bet against me? Goldmind?
BearForce
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Thinking we are not gonna lose this weekend. Anybody want to bet against me? Goldmind?
I dont know about that...Bye is a pretty tough opponent.
Dude! I probably would took Goldy for at least $20....
BearForce

clear your post
trey3216
BearForce said:

But sacks!!!!
Franko
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

But sacks!!!!
We should have two of those guys playing on our D line.
GoldMind
BearForce said:

This mock should make Goldy happy, **** eating and all...LOL

And yes, we did business with our buddy Matt Rhule

I should also say that I assumed Dak was resigned, otherwise I could and would have drafted Justin Fields at #3

There ya go.
First Page Last Page
Page 498 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.