Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,076,291 Views | 29542 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tyrone Crawford was added to the Reserve/Covid-19 list on Wednesday.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Dallas signed defensive lineman Ron'Dell Carter during their bye week, bringing back one of their priority 2020 UDFAs from this past draft cycle.

Carter spent the summer on the Cowboys' practice squad, before he was poached by the Indianapolis Colts in early September. Recently waived, Dallas jumped at the chance to use their waiver priority to bring Carter back.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
hell of a start

Assassin
Assassin said:

Dallas signed defensive lineman Ron'Dell Carter during their bye week, bringing back one of their priority 2020 UDFAs from this past draft cycle.

Carter spent the summer on the Cowboys' practice squad, before he was poached by the Indianapolis Colts in early September. Recently waived, Dallas jumped at the chance to use their waiver priority to bring Carter back.
Assassin
itty bitty zach

Assassin
better than I thought, and behind a patchwork OL

Wichitabear
I like Pollard. Kinda worried about Gilbert Grape!
MrGolfguy
To me Tony Pollard is the modern day Preston Pearson, your opinion may vary but that's what i see when i watch him. Preston Pearson was my favorite player back then and i really like what i see out of Pollard.
Wichitabear
MrGolfguy said:

To me Tony Pollard is the modern day Preston Pearson, your opinion may vary but that's what i see when i watch him. Preston Pearson was my favorite player back then and i really like what i see out of Pollard.
ditto
BearForce
Some nice all 22 breakdowns of the defense with much love for Gallimore

Assassin
BearForce said:

Some nice all 22 breakdowns of the defense with much love for Gallimore

Really excited to see what our defensive draftees do for the rest of the year
Assassin
The Cowboys have placed a third player on the COVID-19 reserve list.

Practice squad defensive tackle Walter Palmore now is on the list, according to the NFL's transactions wire. It is unknown whether Palmore tested positive for the coronavirus or was in close contact with someone who did.
BearForce
This assumes you are able to resign Dak and Aldon Smith...I really like this draft:

And here are the trades that yielded the picks...Jerry the attention ***** would love this:
BearForce
Nice article from BtB

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/11/13/21557968/dallas-review-garrett-gilbert-should-starting-qb-of-the-cowboys-couple-of-defensive-linemen-impress

Assassin, looking at Gilbert's tape in this article, I have to say I don't see what you are talking about regarding his throws being behind receivers. I see some back-shoulder throws and some designed comeback routes, but basically, I see ball placement to make sure only the receiver has a chance at the ball. Or put it another way, I can't recall a ball thrown by Gilbert where you can say "that should have been an INT" and he got hung out by Lamb not adequately securing the ball on his INT.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Nice article from BtB

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/11/13/21557968/dallas-review-garrett-gilbert-should-starting-qb-of-the-cowboys-couple-of-defensive-linemen-impress

Assassin, looking at Gilbert's tape in this article, I have to say I don't see what you are talking about regarding his throws being behind receivers. I see some back-shoulder throws and some designed comeback routes, but basically, I see ball placement to make sure only the receiver has a chance at the ball. Or put it another way, I can't recall a ball thrown by Gilbert where you can say "that should have been an INT" and he got hung out by Lamb not adequately securing the ball on his INT.
His first half throws last week were behind his WRs. WRs were having to slow down and wait for the ball. He tightened it up in the second half, but also overcompensated and overthrew WRs sometimes too.

That sums up GGs career to this point. Lots and lots of picks. Hoping he will get another shot when we come off the bye. Sure would like to find out if he's a decent backup or a PS guy.
Assassin
BearForce said:

This assumes you are able to resign Dak and Aldon Smith...I really like this draft:

And here are the trades that yielded the picks...Jerry the attention ***** would love this:

Would be really surprised if Cosmi is there at 23. But who knows? He is the 2nd OT behind Sewell.
Assassin
PFF All Rookie Team - Badass makes it, neither CeeDee or KLavon Chaisson makes it

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-midseason-all-rookie-team-week-10

PFF didnt take into consideration the fact CeeDee has had a carousel QB rotation throwing to him and that Amari and Gallup are on the same team.
Assassin
PFF midseason Cowboy note:

DALLAS COWBOYS: DECLINE FROM YOUNG LINEBACKER DUO

Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch looked like a pair of future stars at linebacker for Dallas back in 2018. They ranked fifth and sixth, respectively, in PFF grade at the position that season. Vander Esch's injury and a dip in play from Smith in 2019 dampened some of that optimism, but there was still reason to be excited about the duo, with Vander Esch returning healthy in 2020. Neither has looked all that reminiscent of the players we saw two years ago, though. Smith has earned a 53.4 PFF grade, and Vander Esch comes in a tad higher at 55.3 in another injury-shortened season thus far. Their disappointing play is part of the reason that the Cowboys' defense has underperformed this yea
Assassin
Interesting. PFF's mock has us taking the top (by far) TE after the top 3 qbs and Sewell go 1-4

the first 20 picks

1. NEW YORK JETS QB TREVOR LAWRENCE, CLEMSON
Write this one in pen heck, write it in stone if you want. Lawrence will be the No. 1 pick if he declares. The only question at this point is whether he will go where he's drafted or try to force a trade?

2. NEW YORK GIANTS QB JUSTIN FIELDS, OHIO STATE
I wrote earlier this week why the Giants have to be willing to move on from Daniel Jones this offseason. Fields has started 2020 like a house on fire with 52 of 54 targeted attempts hitting receivers' hands. I'm not sure Jones even did that at his pro day.

3. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS QB ZACH WILSON, BYU
He's the highest-graded passer in college football. He can win from the pocket as well as on the move. He's got a quick release and can sling it from any platform. And he doesn't miss. Get used to it Wilson is an elite quarterback prospect.

4. MIAMI DOLPHINS (VIA HOUSTON TEXANS) OT PENEII SEWELL
In a tragic twist of irony, one of the picks traded so the Texans could acquire left tackle Laremy Tunsil is now used to select what will likely be an even better tackle. They drafted two tackles last year, but don't think that's going to stop anyone from taking Sewell. He'll be the first non-quarterback taken because the 20-year-old is simply that rare. Robert Hunt is likely to kick in to guard if that's the case.

5. DALLAS COWBOYS TE KYLE PITTS, FLORIDA
This is how you take the Cowboys' offense into the unstoppable stratosphere (assuming they re-sign Dak Prescott). Pitts could be a first-rounder if solely considered a wideout and is one of the biggest mismatch weapons in recent history. He's already caught seven touchdowns in four games this year.

6. ATLANTA FALCONS LB MICAH PARSONS, PENN STATE
I don't care who the next coach is on the defensive side of the ball in Atlanta, they could benefit from a linebacker duo of Deion Jones and Micah Parsons. He opted out this season, but Parsons had the second-highest run defense grade we've ever seen from an off-ball linebacker as a sophomore and is a two-time member of Bruce Feldman's Freaks list.

7. WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM QB TREY LANCE, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
It's safe to say that Dwayne Haskins ain't in the future plans for Ron Rivera, and every Washington fan at this point is praying that Kyle Allen isn't, either. Lance is more project than finish product as evidenced by his 86.3 career passing grade against FCS competition but he's got off-the-charts physical tools for the position.

8. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS ED KWITY PAYE, MICHIGAN
A few more weeks of what we've seen so far and this is your likely EDGE1. Paye has 13 pressures through two games after only registering 37 last season. The 6-foot-4, 272-pounder could set records at the Combine as well at that point, it's a wrap.

9. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS WR JA'MARR CHASE, LSU
You don't need me to explain how receiver is a need for the Patriots. Chase has obviously opted out already, but the fact that he outperformed the now top-performing rookie receiver (Justin Jefferson) as a true sophomore last year in a role more translatable to the NFL is good enough to keep him as WR1.

10. MINNESOTA VIKINGS ED GREGORY ROUSSEAU, MIAMI (FL)
Rousseau's production profile is a tad scary with an 87.6 pass-rushing grade from the interior vs. only 70.1 off the edge. His 6-foot-7, 265-pound frame is only scratching the surface of what he could become and fits the Vikings profile on the edge.

11. CINCINNATI BENGALS OT SAMUEL COSMI, TEXAS
It's safe to assume the Bengals have learned their lesson after letting the first five rounds pass in 2020 without giving Joe Burrow some offensive line help. In what looks like a talented tackle class, they shouldn't make the same mistake in 2021. Cosmi is one of the most tested tackles in the country with 1,453 passing snaps between right and left tackle at Texas over the past two and a half years.

12. CAROLINA PANTHERS CB PATRICK SURTAIN II, ALABAMA
While I don't normally advocate for drafting to beat your division, when your division includes physical monsters like Julio Jones, Mike Evans and Michael Thomas, you want some corners that can match them. That's not 5-foot-10, 178-pound Donte Jackson nor is it 5-foot-11, 193-pound Troy Pride Jr. At 6-foot-2 and 202 pounds, Patrick Surtain fits the bill. The Alabama corner leads the Power-5 with an 89.0 coverage grade.

13. DETROIT LIONS ED JAYSON OWEH, PENN STATE
At 6-foot-5 and 252 pounds with a reported sub-4.4 40, Oweh personifies the term "freak." That gets drafted highly at the edge position regardless of how you perform on the football field. Oweh has improved in the latter, as he had a breakout 10-pressure performance in Penn State's Big Ten opener against Indiana.

14. DENVER BRONCOS LB DYLAN MOSES, ALABAMA
Josey Jewell has been picked on repeatedly in coverage this year and doesn't hold a candle athletically to what Moses brings to the table. Linebacker is a featured position in any Vic Fangio-coached defense, and upgrading it would go a long way for Denver.

15. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS CB CALEB FARLEY, VIRGINIA TECH
Another opt-out, but Farley's draft stock seems safe because of his physical tools. He's 6-foot-2, 207 pounds and reportedly will run in the 4.3s. That combination of size and speed doesn't come around everyday and doesn't last long in the NFL draft. Those are tailor-made tools to play Cover-3 in Robert Saleh's defense.

16. MIAMI DOLPHINS WR JAYLEN WADDLE, ALABAMA
Waddle gets reunited with his former quarterback down in Miami. While they have the speedy Jakeem Grant on the roster, he's nowhere near the deep threat that Waddle is. Waddle had six deep catches in only three and a half games this season. Even after his broken ankle, Waddle won't last long.

17. LAS VEGAS RAIDERS DI CHRISTIAN BARMORE, ALABAMA
Barmore hasn't quite had the breakout many were hoping for after his strong finish in 2019, but he's been far from disappointing. He's earned an 81.5 pass-rushing grade through five games after a knee injury and has 13 pressures on the season.

18. CHICAGO BEARS OT CHRISTIAN DARRISAW, VIRGINIA TECH
Darrisaw has been one of the biggest breakout players in 2020, as he's the highest-graded offensive lineman in the country at 95.9 overall. His combination of power and athleticism has made him a terror in the run game and he's allowed all of five hurries on 170 pass-blocking snaps this season.

19. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES LB JEREMIAH OWUSU-KORAMOAH, NOTRE DAME
Another big riser, JOK is your quintessential modern linebacker. Listed at only 215 pounds, he plays like a safety when in space but a linebacker when asked to take on blocks. His versatility to go from slot to box whenever needed is something the Eagles aren't close to having on their roster.

20. CLEVELAND BROWNS WR DEVONTA SMITH, ALABAMA
There's a chance that both Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry won't be Browns in 2021 with their bloated cap figures ($30 million between the two), middling production and the pending cap crash. Smith may not ultimately last this long considering how dominant he's been in 2020. Now the team's unquestioned No. 1, Smith has 56 catches and 759 yards in only six games.
BearForce
They are on drugs

Assassin said:

Interesting. PFF's mock has us taking the top (by far) TE after the top 3 qbs and Sewell go 1-4

the first 20 picks

1. NEW YORK JETS QB TREVOR LAWRENCE, CLEMSON
Write this one in pen heck, write it in stone if you want. Lawrence will be the No. 1 pick if he declares. The only question at this point is whether he will go where he's drafted or try to force a trade?

2. NEW YORK GIANTS QB JUSTIN FIELDS, OHIO STATE
I wrote earlier this week why the Giants have to be willing to move on from Daniel Jones this offseason. Fields has started 2020 like a house on fire with 52 of 54 targeted attempts hitting receivers' hands. I'm not sure Jones even did that at his pro day.

3. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS QB ZACH WILSON, BYU
He's the highest-graded passer in college football. He can win from the pocket as well as on the move. He's got a quick release and can sling it from any platform. And he doesn't miss. Get used to it Wilson is an elite quarterback prospect.

4. MIAMI DOLPHINS (VIA HOUSTON TEXANS) OT PENEII SEWELL
In a tragic twist of irony, one of the picks traded so the Texans could acquire left tackle Laremy Tunsil is now used to select what will likely be an even better tackle. They drafted two tackles last year, but don't think that's going to stop anyone from taking Sewell. He'll be the first non-quarterback taken because the 20-year-old is simply that rare. Robert Hunt is likely to kick in to guard if that's the case.

5. DALLAS COWBOYS TE KYLE PITTS, FLORIDA
This is how you take the Cowboys' offense into the unstoppable stratosphere (assuming they re-sign Dak Prescott). Pitts could be a first-rounder if solely considered a wideout and is one of the biggest mismatch weapons in recent history. He's already caught seven touchdowns in four games this year.

6. ATLANTA FALCONS LB MICAH PARSONS, PENN STATE
I don't care who the next coach is on the defensive side of the ball in Atlanta, they could benefit from a linebacker duo of Deion Jones and Micah Parsons. He opted out this season, but Parsons had the second-highest run defense grade we've ever seen from an off-ball linebacker as a sophomore and is a two-time member of Bruce Feldman's Freaks list.

7. WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM QB TREY LANCE, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
It's safe to say that Dwayne Haskins ain't in the future plans for Ron Rivera, and every Washington fan at this point is praying that Kyle Allen isn't, either. Lance is more project than finish product as evidenced by his 86.3 career passing grade against FCS competition but he's got off-the-charts physical tools for the position.

8. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS ED KWITY PAYE, MICHIGAN
A few more weeks of what we've seen so far and this is your likely EDGE1. Paye has 13 pressures through two games after only registering 37 last season. The 6-foot-4, 272-pounder could set records at the Combine as well at that point, it's a wrap.

9. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS WR JA'MARR CHASE, LSU
You don't need me to explain how receiver is a need for the Patriots. Chase has obviously opted out already, but the fact that he outperformed the now top-performing rookie receiver (Justin Jefferson) as a true sophomore last year in a role more translatable to the NFL is good enough to keep him as WR1.

10. MINNESOTA VIKINGS ED GREGORY ROUSSEAU, MIAMI (FL)
Rousseau's production profile is a tad scary with an 87.6 pass-rushing grade from the interior vs. only 70.1 off the edge. His 6-foot-7, 265-pound frame is only scratching the surface of what he could become and fits the Vikings profile on the edge.

11. CINCINNATI BENGALS OT SAMUEL COSMI, TEXAS
It's safe to assume the Bengals have learned their lesson after letting the first five rounds pass in 2020 without giving Joe Burrow some offensive line help. In what looks like a talented tackle class, they shouldn't make the same mistake in 2021. Cosmi is one of the most tested tackles in the country with 1,453 passing snaps between right and left tackle at Texas over the past two and a half years.

12. CAROLINA PANTHERS CB PATRICK SURTAIN II, ALABAMA
While I don't normally advocate for drafting to beat your division, when your division includes physical monsters like Julio Jones, Mike Evans and Michael Thomas, you want some corners that can match them. That's not 5-foot-10, 178-pound Donte Jackson nor is it 5-foot-11, 193-pound Troy Pride Jr. At 6-foot-2 and 202 pounds, Patrick Surtain fits the bill. The Alabama corner leads the Power-5 with an 89.0 coverage grade.

13. DETROIT LIONS ED JAYSON OWEH, PENN STATE
At 6-foot-5 and 252 pounds with a reported sub-4.4 40, Oweh personifies the term "freak." That gets drafted highly at the edge position regardless of how you perform on the football field. Oweh has improved in the latter, as he had a breakout 10-pressure performance in Penn State's Big Ten opener against Indiana.

14. DENVER BRONCOS LB DYLAN MOSES, ALABAMA
Josey Jewell has been picked on repeatedly in coverage this year and doesn't hold a candle athletically to what Moses brings to the table. Linebacker is a featured position in any Vic Fangio-coached defense, and upgrading it would go a long way for Denver.

15. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS CB CALEB FARLEY, VIRGINIA TECH
Another opt-out, but Farley's draft stock seems safe because of his physical tools. He's 6-foot-2, 207 pounds and reportedly will run in the 4.3s. That combination of size and speed doesn't come around everyday and doesn't last long in the NFL draft. Those are tailor-made tools to play Cover-3 in Robert Saleh's defense.

16. MIAMI DOLPHINS WR JAYLEN WADDLE, ALABAMA
Waddle gets reunited with his former quarterback down in Miami. While they have the speedy Jakeem Grant on the roster, he's nowhere near the deep threat that Waddle is. Waddle had six deep catches in only three and a half games this season. Even after his broken ankle, Waddle won't last long.

17. LAS VEGAS RAIDERS DI CHRISTIAN BARMORE, ALABAMA
Barmore hasn't quite had the breakout many were hoping for after his strong finish in 2019, but he's been far from disappointing. He's earned an 81.5 pass-rushing grade through five games after a knee injury and has 13 pressures on the season.

18. CHICAGO BEARS OT CHRISTIAN DARRISAW, VIRGINIA TECH
Darrisaw has been one of the biggest breakout players in 2020, as he's the highest-graded offensive lineman in the country at 95.9 overall. His combination of power and athleticism has made him a terror in the run game and he's allowed all of five hurries on 170 pass-blocking snaps this season.

19. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES LB JEREMIAH OWUSU-KORAMOAH, NOTRE DAME
Another big riser, JOK is your quintessential modern linebacker. Listed at only 215 pounds, he plays like a safety when in space but a linebacker when asked to take on blocks. His versatility to go from slot to box whenever needed is something the Eagles aren't close to having on their roster.

20. CLEVELAND BROWNS WR DEVONTA SMITH, ALABAMA
There's a chance that both Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry won't be Browns in 2021 with their bloated cap figures ($30 million between the two), middling production and the pending cap crash. Smith may not ultimately last this long considering how dominant he's been in 2020. Now the team's unquestioned No. 1, Smith has 56 catches and 759 yards in only six games.
Assassin
Giants are doing a pretty good job on the Giants.

Redsk.... club that nobody knows who they are, are getting their unknowns kicked to the great unknown by the Lions 14-3
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Redsk.... club that nobody knows who they are, are getting their unknowns kicked to the great unknown by the Lions 14-3
Watching the Crown. Who are the Giants playing?
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Watching the Crown. Who are the Giants playing?
eaglettes
BearForce
Assassin said:

The Washington Football Team has tied it up and we want them to win...if they don't then they actually jump in in draft order by having an even worse strength of schedule than we do.
Assassin
Giants may win the NFC East. Daniel Jones is having a decent game
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

They just need to beat the green birds
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

They did
BearForce
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

The Washington Football Team has tied it up and we want them to win...if they don't then they actually jump in in draft order by having an even worse strength of schedule than we do.

I forgot it adjusts week to week so we are still #3 by 1 percentage point

Assassin
Lions beat the team without a name. Where does that put us in the draft order BF?

BTW - which PFF did you do?
Assassin
ahhh.... bored minds think alike
BearForce
Fish with cautious thoughts regarding Aldon Smith

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

They did
Assassin
Chaison vs Lamb watch.

Lamb inactive today with the rest of the Cowboys so no new stats.
Chaison active today with no new stats, a big fat zero.

For the year, 9 games, 9 tackles, 1 sack

Boy did we dodge a bullet there.

Franko
With the criminal charges against Deandre Baker dropped, the Cowboys should sign him immediately. We could really use a first round CB. Plus, he's probably going to be able to keep the guaranteed money he got from the Giants, so he might even agree to a cheaper deal than he otherwise would.
BearForce
Franko said:

With the criminal charges against Deandre Baker dropped, the Cowboys should sign him immediately. We could really use a first round CB. Plus, he's probably going to be able to keep the guaranteed money he got from the Giants, so he might even agree to a cheaper deal than he otherwise would.

Agree...
First Page Last Page
Page 499 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.