Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,089,954 Views | 29569 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

BTB had this interesting little chart. Assuming the current draft position, Dallas will have the best draft capital since 1992

Very good article from today so totally agree!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Yeah, I joined them last year and now that they include the projected comp picks, they are my go-to mock.

Not sure we actually would pick 17 guys and would want to fall that far in the first round for what at that point is a second-round talent but I like the thought. I do think we need to hit secondary hard and given what Mike Fisher shared recently regarding Aldon Smith, we might want to draft a DE in the top 100 as well. That said if someone can tell me Sewell is the next Larry Allen, which as you remember we played at left OG and then at left OT, then that would be hard to pass up.
I think Sewell is the best 'sure thing' in this draft. Given our medical issues with both Tyron and La'el plus a massive investment in Dak, I think he is right up there with Larry - at this stage of his career.

However, given the nature of this next draft, trading back would be a strong option. We are gonna lose players, no doubt. We could get the 3rd and 4th best OTs with a tradeback

https://www.nfl.com/news/scouting-oregon-s-penei-sewell-nfl-s-next-great-left-tackle

Mel Kiper
Quote:

3. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
HT: 6-6 | WT: 330 | Previously: 2
I wrote in September that Sewell could be a top-five pick even if he never played another snap at Oregon and, well, that's exactly what's going to happen. He announced just days after my preseason Big Board was released that he was opting out of the season and entering the 2021 draft. He's the clear top offensive tackle in this class and dominated as Justin Herbert's blindside protector last season, winning the Outland Trophy as the college football's best lineman. In a class with outstanding quarterback and wide receiver talent, Sewell won't be the sexiest pick, but he'll be an instant starter and upgrade for the team that picks him.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Chaison vs Lamb watch.

Lamb inactive today with the rest of the Cowboys so no new stats.
Chaison active today with no new stats, a big fat zero.

For the year, 9 games, 9 tackles, 1 sack

Boy did we dodge a bullet there.

I don't think we can say that after 1 season.

Strahans first season wasn't not good either.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
trey3216
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Chaison vs Lamb watch.

I saw several scouts have 4th and 5th round grades on Chiasson as they just didn't think he would translate to the league. They look pretty spot on.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Chaison vs Lamb watch.

I saw several scouts have 4th and 5th round grades on Chiasson as they just didn't think he would translate to the league. They look pretty spot on.
He definitely was a bust candidate from many analysts reports.
Franko
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Chaison vs Lamb watch.

Neither were Taco Charlton's, Shante Carver's, and Kavika Pittman's.
GoldMind
trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Chaison vs Lamb watch.

Antrel Rolle and about 80 other defensive players who didn't have solid rookie seasons went on to have good careers.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Chaison vs Lamb watch.

Antrel Rolle and about 80 other defensive players who didn't have solid rookie seasons went on to have good careers.

That's fair too...a rookie season usually doesn't make a career.
trey3216
GoldMind said:

trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Chaison vs Lamb watch.

No doubt. But his lack of anything resembling production is pretty alarming.
Assassin
trey3216 said:

GoldMind said:

No doubt. But his lack of anything resembling production is pretty alarming.
However, one thing we know is that Chaisson is nothing, if not consistent
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Is Aldon fading?

BearForce
So I was right on Sunday that Washington losing would out them ahead of us.

trey3216
BearForce said:

it had more to do with the results later in the day that changed their strength of schedule.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

BearForce said:

it had more to do with the results later in the day that changed their strength of schedule.
True, it changes as other teams records on the schedule change.
Assassin
Meanwhile, our castoff who simply wasnt good enough for us, S Jeff Heath gets TWO Ints for the Raiders and is AFC Player of the week.
Assassin
it's official

Assassin
backup OT Brandon Knight back at practice today
Assassin
Projecting the Dallas Cowboys' 2021 post-draft roster, starting lineup
By Jon Machota Nov 16, 2020

Despite not playing Sunday, the Cowboys' playoff chances improved with a 27-17 New York Giants victory over the NFC East-leading Philadelphia Eagles. Dallas is a game and a half back of the division lead with seven games remaining.

Most aren't interested in the idea of the Cowboys winning the division, making the playoffs, losing to a much better team and ending up with the 19th overall pick in the draft. At 2-7, Dallas currently holds the third overall pick, with only the Jacksonville Jaguars (1-8) and New York Jets (0-9) having worse records.

Here at The Athletic, we've decided to put the NFC East playoff race to the side for a few minutes and take a look ahead to 2021, and what the Cowboys' roster could look like after free agency and a top pick in each round of April's draft.

NOTE: For this exercise, we are projecting draft picks for the Cowboys in the first three rounds of next year's draft. Considering how little accurate information is out there with so many college players still yet to declare for the draft, it didn't make much sense to project beyond that.

We'll begin on offense.

QUARTERBACK: The most likely scenario is that the Cowboys re-sign Dak Prescott or use the franchise tag on him for a second consecutive season. Either way, he's their starter in 2021. Yes, there's the possibility that they don't win another game, end up with one of the top two picks and wind up drafting Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. Both Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have recently said that they aren't interested in that option and that Prescott is their franchise quarterback now and well into the future. So we'll take them at their word for this exercise.

Mike McCarthy is a big reason why Andy Dalton is on this year's roster. He wanted a proven veteran backup quarterback. With the salary cap expected to take a hit next season, the Cowboys aren't expected to have much money to spend on free agents. So whether they pay Prescott through another tag or a long-term deal, a well-compensated veteran backup is unlikely. And that's where Garrett Gilbert's performance against the Pittsburgh Steelers puts him in a good spot to compete with rookie Ben DiNucci for the backup job in 2021.

Depth chart: Dak Prescott, Garrett Gilbert, Ben DiNucci

RUNNING BACK: This position is unlikely to change much. Ezekiel Elliott is expected to remain the featured back with Tony Pollard as his backup. Fullback Jamize Olawale opted out of the 2020 season, so he's still under contract for two more years. Rico Dowdle, who will be entering his second season, makes some sense as a fourth back depending on what is out there in undrafted rookie free agency.

Depth chart: Ezekiel Elliott, Tony Pollard, Jamize Olawale, Rico Dowdle

WIDE RECEIVER: The Cowboys will again be running a lot of 11 personnel next season with Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup and CeeDee Lamb getting the bulk of the work at wide receiver. But what about the other two spots at the position? Cedrick Wilson is an exclusive rights free agent at the end of this season. Noah Brown is about to become an unrestricted free agent. We'll project that something gets done to keep Wilson around for at least one more season. The last spot could belong to a re-signed Brown; however, he could receive a better opportunity on the open market. So we'll predict the spot goes to a player not currently on the active roster, an undrafted rookie free agent or a player drafted in the later rounds.

Depth chart: Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, CeeDee Lamb, Cedrick Wilson, late-round pick/undrafted player TBD

TIGHT END: Considering how poorly things have gone this season, one bright spot has been the emergence of Dalton Schultz. With the expected return of Blake Jarwin from a season-ending knee injury, the Cowboys look to be solid at the position going into next season. It wouldn't be a surprise if Dallas drafted a tight end in the later rounds, but these three seem like a decent bet for 2021.

Depth chart: Blake Jarwin, Dalton Schultz, Sean McKeon

OFFENSIVE LINE: The middle of the line is relatively easy to project. The tackles are a little more uncertain. Tyron Smith (neck) and La'el Collins (hip) are out for the rest of the 2020 season. They are both expected to make full recoveries and be ready to start again in 2021. But there's enough injury concern at the position that no one should be surprised if Dallas drafted Oregon's Penei Sewell in the first round in April. Sewell is widely regarded as the top offensive tackle and top offensive lineman in the 2021 draft class. We have the Cowboys going in a different direction at the top of the draft, so we're banking on Smith and Collins being the starting tackles. Their backups have become pretty obvious as well, considering how much they've been needed this season. Veteran interior lineman Joe Looney is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season. He seems to be enjoying his time in Dallas, so we have him re-signing on a somewhat team-friendly deal to be a reserve at center and guard in 2021.

Starters: Tyron Smith (LT), Connor Williams (LG), Tyler Biadasz (C), Zack Martin (RG), La'el Collins (RT)

Reserves: Joe Looney (C/G), Connor McGovern (G), Brandon Knight (T/G), Terence Steele (T), Mitch Hyatt (T

SPECIAL TEAMS: A few changes are possible here, but we're sticking with the same three from this year. Greg Zuerlein, who has played well in his first season in Dallas, is under contract for two more years. L.P. Ladouceur is playing in 2020 under a one-year deal. The veteran long snapper could choose to retire after 16 seasons. He turns 40 in March. Veteran punter Chris Jones, 31, has battled through injuries the last two seasons and recently underwent a core muscle surgery. Depending on how he recovers, there's a decent chance he remains the Cowboys' punter in 2021. He's under contract through next season.

Greg Zuerlein (K)

Chris Jones (P)

L.P. Ladouceur (LS)

DEFENSIVE LINE: This is a very interesting position group heading into the offseason. Jerry Jones recently spoke about how much he would like to have Aldon Smith back. The Cowboys had an opportunity to trade Smith before the deadline but declined, suggesting that they might have interest in keeping Smith around long term. While that's possible, it seems like a decent bet that another team will present him with a better offer in free agency. The 2020 salary cap is just under $200 million. Because of lost revenue this season, the cap is expected to dip as much as $25 million in 2021. The Cowboys already have roughly $175 million on the books for next season, according to Over The Cap. And that's without Prescott. It doesn't seem like they're going to have enough space to be able to re-sign a pass rusher capable of double-digit sacks.

Look for DeMarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory to be the starting edge rushers with Trysten Hill and Neville Gallimore getting the bulk of the work on the inside. This isn't a great defensive tackle draft class. They'll probably add one at some point, but it's unlikely to be a player that makes much of an impact next season. Addressing defensive tackle in free agency obviously didn't work out well this year, as Gerald McCoy was injured before the season started and Dontari Poe didn't play up to expectations. They could make a minimal investment there in free agency. Re-signing Antwaun Woods could be an option.

We have the Cowboys addressing edge rusher with their third draft pick, as they add Florida State's Joshua Kaindoh. He's a player with great size (6-7, 265) and athletic ability, but injuries and several coaching staff and scheme changes seem to have limited his production. He has the talent to be a top-50 pick, but his lack of production could drop him into the late second or third round. The Cowboys are looking at potentially having 10 picks in this year's draft because of trades (Everson Griffen) and compensatory picks they'll receive for losing Byron Jones, Robert Quinn and Randall Cobb last year in free agency. They should have plenty of ammunition to move up into the second or third round, for example, if needed.

Starters: DeMarcus Lawrence (DE), Trysten Hill (DT), Neville Gallimore (DT) Randy Gregory (DE)

Reserves: Dorance Armstrong (DE), Bradlee Anae (DE), Justin Hamilton (DT), Antwaun Woods (DT), Joshua Kaindoh (DE)

LINEBACKER: Another interesting position considering the Cowboys haven't received the production from this group that has been expected the last two seasons. Could they part ways with Jaylon Smith? Sure. But they would have to eat a decent amount of dead money. And who would they replace him with? Drafting Penn State's Micah Parsons would be an option. But there are other, more impactful positions that need to be addressed. It seems more likely that they would keep Smith for another season. They'll likely draft a linebacker at some point, but the top five seems unlikely. Maybe the position is in play in Round 1 if they trade back. Joe Thomas is an unrestricted free agent who could be re-signed at an affordable price. Sean Lee hasn't played much in 2020, and considering his age and injury history, likely won't be a factor on the field next season.

Depth chart: Leighton Vander Esch, Jaylon Smith, Joe Thomas, Luke Gifford, Francis Bernard, mid-to-late-round pick TBD

DEFENSIVE BACK: Can you imagine the Cowboys using their first two picks on defensive backs? The closest they've come since Jerry Jones has owned the team is in 1992 when they drafted cornerback Kevin Smith in the first round and safety Darren Woodson in the second. The Cowboys had two first-round picks and two second-round picks that year. The Packers drafted defensive backs with their first two picks three times in Mike McCarthy's last four drafts in Green Bay. We have the Cowboys doing that in April, going with Alabama cornerback Patrick Surtain II in the first round and TCU safety Trevon Moehrig in the second. Both players have outstanding size and ball skills, exactly what Dallas is missing on the back end. Chidobe Awuzie, Jourdan Lewis and Xavier Woods are all about to become free agents. Adding Surtain and Moehrig would be a great way to fill those roster spots. Surtain is Dane Brugler's No. 2 cornerback in this class. There isn't a safety projected to go in the top 15, but Brugler currently has Moehrig ranked as his 33rd overall player and No. 1 safety in this class. Other safety possibilities for the Cowboys in the second round include Oregon's Jevon Holland and Syracuse's Andre Cisco.

Starters: Trevon Diggs (CB), Patrick Surtain II (CB), Anthony Brown (CB), Trevon Moehrig (S), Donovan Wilson (S)

Reserves: Maurice Canady (CB), Reggie Robinson (S/CB), C.J. Goodwin (CB), Darian Thompson (S), mid-to-late round pick TBD

Projected 2021 Week 1 starting lineup:

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: Ezekiel Elliott
WR: Amari Cooper
WR: Michael Gallup
WR: CeeDee Lamb
TE: Blake Jarwin
LT: Tyron Smith
LG: Connor Williams
C: Tyler Biadasz
RG: Zack Martin
RT: La'el Collins

DE: DeMarcus Lawrence
DT: Trysten Hill
DT: Neville Gallimore
DE: Randy Gregory
LB: Leighton Vander Esch
LB: Jaylon Smith
CB: Trevon Diggs
CB: Patrick Surtain II
CB: Anthony Brown
S: Trevon Moehrig
S: Donovan Wilson
BearForce
Assassin said:

Meanwhile, our castoff who simply wasnt good enough for us, S Jeff Heath gets TWO Ints for the Raiders and is AFC Player of the week.

And I will admit I was happy he was gone and still happy. Yes he did every once in a while get INTs but he was a horrible tackler, took bad angles, and was a also prone to getting beat.

Just replay that game clinching play during the playoff game against the Rams and look who got his jock stolen by Jared Goff.
Assassin
just thinking how well NE has done with one year wonders and getting comp picks.

Besides Byron Jones 3rd and Jeff Heath's 6th, we also have one year wonder's Robert Quinn's 4th and Randall Cobb's 5th.

Could one reason they didnt let Aldon Smith go for a 6th or 7th is that we would have him for the rest of the year, potentially get a longer deal done OR he gets a $7-8m per deal from someone else (cap goes down, makes sense comps end up a bit lower) and we get a 4th but probably 5th?

BTW - Witten and Collins comp picks were wiped out by McCoy and HaHa... really irrelevant as they would have been one of our 6ths anyway and you only get the top 4
BearForce
Assassin said:

Projecting the Dallas Cowboys' 2021 post-draft roster, starting lineup
By Jon Machota Nov 16, 2020

Despite not playing Sunday, the Cowboys' playoff chances improved with a 27-17 New York Giants victory over the NFC East-leading Philadelphia Eagles. Dallas is a game and a half back of the division lead with seven games remaining.

Most aren't interested in the idea of the Cowboys winning the division, making the playoffs, losing to a much better team and ending up with the 19th overall pick in the draft. At 2-7, Dallas currently holds the third overall pick, with only the Jacksonville Jaguars (1-8) and New York Jets (0-9) having worse records.

Here at The Athletic, we've decided to put the NFC East playoff race to the side for a few minutes and take a look ahead to 2021, and what the Cowboys' roster could look like after free agency and a top pick in each round of April's draft.

NOTE: For this exercise, we are projecting draft picks for the Cowboys in the first three rounds of next year's draft. Considering how little accurate information is out there with so many college players still yet to declare for the draft, it didn't make much sense to project beyond that.

We'll begin on offense.

QUARTERBACK: The most likely scenario is that the Cowboys re-sign Dak Prescott or use the franchise tag on him for a second consecutive season. Either way, he's their starter in 2021. Yes, there's the possibility that they don't win another game, end up with one of the top two picks and wind up drafting Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. Both Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have recently said that they aren't interested in that option and that Prescott is their franchise quarterback now and well into the future. So we'll take them at their word for this exercise.

Mike McCarthy is a big reason why Andy Dalton is on this year's roster. He wanted a proven veteran backup quarterback. With the salary cap expected to take a hit next season, the Cowboys aren't expected to have much money to spend on free agents. So whether they pay Prescott through another tag or a long-term deal, a well-compensated veteran backup is unlikely. And that's where Garrett Gilbert's performance against the Pittsburgh Steelers puts him in a good spot to compete with rookie Ben DiNucci for the backup job in 2021.

Depth chart: Dak Prescott, Garrett Gilbert, Ben DiNucci

RUNNING BACK: This position is unlikely to change much. Ezekiel Elliott is expected to remain the featured back with Tony Pollard as his backup. Fullback Jamize Olawale opted out of the 2020 season, so he's still under contract for two more years. Rico Dowdle, who will be entering his second season, makes some sense as a fourth back depending on what is out there in undrafted rookie free agency.

Depth chart: Ezekiel Elliott, Tony Pollard, Jamize Olawale, Rico Dowdle

WIDE RECEIVER: The Cowboys will again be running a lot of 11 personnel next season with Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup and CeeDee Lamb getting the bulk of the work at wide receiver. But what about the other two spots at the position? Cedrick Wilson is an exclusive rights free agent at the end of this season. Noah Brown is about to become an unrestricted free agent. We'll project that something gets done to keep Wilson around for at least one more season. The last spot could belong to a re-signed Brown; however, he could receive a better opportunity on the open market. So we'll predict the spot goes to a player not currently on the active roster, an undrafted rookie free agent or a player drafted in the later rounds.

Depth chart: Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, CeeDee Lamb, Cedrick Wilson, late-round pick/undrafted player TBD

TIGHT END: Considering how poorly things have gone this season, one bright spot has been the emergence of Dalton Schultz. With the expected return of Blake Jarwin from a season-ending knee injury, the Cowboys look to be solid at the position going into next season. It wouldn't be a surprise if Dallas drafted a tight end in the later rounds, but these three seem like a decent bet for 2021.

Depth chart: Blake Jarwin, Dalton Schultz, Sean McKeon

OFFENSIVE LINE: The middle of the line is relatively easy to project. The tackles are a little more uncertain. Tyron Smith (neck) and La'el Collins (hip) are out for the rest of the 2020 season. They are both expected to make full recoveries and be ready to start again in 2021. But there's enough injury concern at the position that no one should be surprised if Dallas drafted Oregon's Penei Sewell in the first round in April. Sewell is widely regarded as the top offensive tackle and top offensive lineman in the 2021 draft class. We have the Cowboys going in a different direction at the top of the draft, so we're banking on Smith and Collins being the starting tackles. Their backups have become pretty obvious as well, considering how much they've been needed this season. Veteran interior lineman Joe Looney is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season. He seems to be enjoying his time in Dallas, so we have him re-signing on a somewhat team-friendly deal to be a reserve at center and guard in 2021.

Starters: Tyron Smith (LT), Connor Williams (LG), Tyler Biadasz (C), Zack Martin (RG), La'el Collins (RT)

Reserves: Joe Looney (C/G), Connor McGovern (G), Brandon Knight (T/G), Terence Steele (T), Mitch Hyatt (T

SPECIAL TEAMS: A few changes are possible here, but we're sticking with the same three from this year. Greg Zuerlein, who has played well in his first season in Dallas, is under contract for two more years. L.P. Ladouceur is playing in 2020 under a one-year deal. The veteran long snapper could choose to retire after 16 seasons. He turns 40 in March. Veteran punter Chris Jones, 31, has battled through injuries the last two seasons and recently underwent a core muscle surgery. Depending on how he recovers, there's a decent chance he remains the Cowboys' punter in 2021. He's under contract through next season.

Greg Zuerlein (K)

Chris Jones (P)

L.P. Ladouceur (LS)

DEFENSIVE LINE: This is a very interesting position group heading into the offseason. Jerry Jones recently spoke about how much he would like to have Aldon Smith back. The Cowboys had an opportunity to trade Smith before the deadline but declined, suggesting that they might have interest in keeping Smith around long term. While that's possible, it seems like a decent bet that another team will present him with a better offer in free agency. The 2020 salary cap is just under $200 million. Because of lost revenue this season, the cap is expected to dip as much as $25 million in 2021. The Cowboys already have roughly $175 million on the books for next season, according to Over The Cap. And that's without Prescott. It doesn't seem like they're going to have enough space to be able to re-sign a pass rusher capable of double-digit sacks.

Look for DeMarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory to be the starting edge rushers with Trysten Hill and Neville Gallimore getting the bulk of the work on the inside. This isn't a great defensive tackle draft class. They'll probably add one at some point, but it's unlikely to be a player that makes much of an impact next season. Addressing defensive tackle in free agency obviously didn't work out well this year, as Gerald McCoy was injured before the season started and Dontari Poe didn't play up to expectations. They could make a minimal investment there in free agency. Re-signing Antwaun Woods could be an option.

We have the Cowboys addressing edge rusher with their third draft pick, as they add Florida State's Joshua Kaindoh. He's a player with great size (6-7, 265) and athletic ability, but injuries and several coaching staff and scheme changes seem to have limited his production. He has the talent to be a top-50 pick, but his lack of production could drop him into the late second or third round. The Cowboys are looking at potentially having 10 picks in this year's draft because of trades (Everson Griffen) and compensatory picks they'll receive for losing Byron Jones, Robert Quinn and Randall Cobb last year in free agency. They should have plenty of ammunition to move up into the second or third round, for example, if needed.

Starters: DeMarcus Lawrence (DE), Trysten Hill (DT), Neville Gallimore (DT) Randy Gregory (DE)

Reserves: Dorance Armstrong (DE), Bradlee Anae (DE), Justin Hamilton (DT), Antwaun Woods (DT), Joshua Kaindoh (DE)

LINEBACKER: Another interesting position considering the Cowboys haven't received the production from this group that has been expected the last two seasons. Could they part ways with Jaylon Smith? Sure. But they would have to eat a decent amount of dead money. And who would they replace him with? Drafting Penn State's Micah Parsons would be an option. But there are other, more impactful positions that need to be addressed. It seems more likely that they would keep Smith for another season. They'll likely draft a linebacker at some point, but the top five seems unlikely. Maybe the position is in play in Round 1 if they trade back. Joe Thomas is an unrestricted free agent who could be re-signed at an affordable price. Sean Lee hasn't played much in 2020, and considering his age and injury history, likely won't be a factor on the field next season.

Depth chart: Leighton Vander Esch, Jaylon Smith, Joe Thomas, Luke Gifford, Francis Bernard, mid-to-late-round pick TBD

DEFENSIVE BACK: Can you imagine the Cowboys using their first two picks on defensive backs? The closest they've come since Jerry Jones has owned the team is in 1992 when they drafted cornerback Kevin Smith in the first round and safety Darren Woodson in the second. The Cowboys had two first-round picks and two second-round picks that year. The Packers drafted defensive backs with their first two picks three times in Mike McCarthy's last four drafts in Green Bay. We have the Cowboys doing that in April, going with Alabama cornerback Patrick Surtain II in the first round and TCU safety Trevon Moehrig in the second. Both players have outstanding size and ball skills, exactly what Dallas is missing on the back end. Chidobe Awuzie, Jourdan Lewis and Xavier Woods are all about to become free agents. Adding Surtain and Moehrig would be a great way to fill those roster spots. Surtain is Dane Brugler's No. 2 cornerback in this class. There isn't a safety projected to go in the top 15, but Brugler currently has Moehrig ranked as his 33rd overall player and No. 1 safety in this class. Other safety possibilities for the Cowboys in the second round include Oregon's Jevon Holland and Syracuse's Andre Cisco.

Starters: Trevon Diggs (CB), Patrick Surtain II (CB), Anthony Brown (CB), Trevon Moehrig (S), Donovan Wilson (S)

Reserves: Maurice Canady (CB), Reggie Robinson (S/CB), C.J. Goodwin (CB), Darian Thompson (S), mid-to-late round pick TBD

Projected 2021 Week 1 starting lineup:

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: Ezekiel Elliott
WR: Amari Cooper
WR: Michael Gallup
WR: CeeDee Lamb
TE: Blake Jarwin
LT: Tyron Smith
LG: Connor Williams
C: Tyler Biadasz
RG: Zack Martin
RT: La'el Collins

DE: DeMarcus Lawrence
DT: Trysten Hill
DT: Neville Gallimore
DE: Randy Gregory
LB: Leighton Vander Esch
LB: Jaylon Smith
CB: Trevon Diggs
CB: Patrick Surtain II
CB: Anthony Brown
S: Trevon Moehrig
S: Donovan Wilson

Might want to check with the mods but not sure they would like you posting a complete article from the Athletic if it is behind their pay wall.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

And I will admit I was happy he was gone and still happy. Yes he did every once in a while get INTs but he was a horrible tackler, took bad angles, and was a also prone to getting beat.

Just replay that game clinching play during the playoff game against the Rams and look who got his jock stolen by Jared Goff.

not gonna argue with that. However the Dallas Vegas Raiders are 6-3 with our castoffs so there's that
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

not gonna argue with that. However the Dallas Vegas Raiders are 6-3 with our castoffs so there's that

John Gruden >>>>>> Jason Garrett
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

not gonna argue with that. However the Dallas Vegas Raiders are 6-3 with our castoffs so there's tha

I'll take John for quick gameday judgement (right or wrong) and Jason for coaching basics.
UBBY
Anyone in the later rounds they could get a steal on the OL?
Assassin
UBBY said:

Anyone in the later rounds they could get a steal on the OL?
Possibly this kid in the mids:
Dan Moore Jr., OT, Texas A&M
Height: 6-5. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.25.
Projected Round (2021): 3-5.
View Ranking History

11/14/20: Moore is the starting left tackle for the Aggies and has played well thus far in 2020. He had a decent 2019 season. Moore has upside but needs to improve his pass protection as a senior to rise up the rankings. He is off to a decent start as a senior, but has not been overly impressive.

Adrian Ealy, OT, Oklahoma
Height: 6-6. Weight: 326.
Projected 40 Time: 5.36.
Projected Round (2021): 4-6.
View Ranking History

11/14/20: Ealy was Oklahoma's starting right tackle in 2019 and was a solid blocker. For the NFL, he might be better off moving inside to guard. The senior is starting at left tackle, so if he performs well there in 2020, he could be a riser for the 2021 NFL Draft.

keep an eye on this kid. He's MASSIVE!

[ol]
  • Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota
    Height: 6-9. Weight: 400.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.69.
    Projected Round (2021): 6-FA.
    View Ranking History

11/14/20: The Australian Faalele is a giant blocker who was a solid right tackle for the Gophers in 2019. He needs to improve his ability to handle speed rushers for the NFL. Faalele has issues when he stands up too high and defenders gain leverage on him.
  • [/ol]
    Assassin
    everybody has been watching Cosmi.

But there is another OL there at UT

Denzel Okafor, OT, Texas
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 310.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.5.
    Projected Round (2021): 7-FA.
    View Ranking History

11/14/20: Okafor has not been a consistent starter for Texas, but the NFL advance scouts placed him on their preseason watch list for the 2021 NFL Draft. Okafor would fit better competing at guard in the NFL.
    Wichitabear
    BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

There ya go!
    Assassin
    Walter Football's 2021 Mock has us picking 4th

1. Dallas Cowboys: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
    The Cowboys have announced that Dak Prescott and Mike McCarthy would return for 2021. But what about Tyron Smith? The talented tackle can't seem to stay healthy anymore, so Dallas may find a new blind-side protector for Prescott.

Penei Sewell was so good as a sophomore, he received a second-place Heisman vote.

With S Adarius Washington, CB's Adebo and Shaun Wade still on the board, Walter Football has us taking a DT in the 2nd round

2. Dallas Cowboys: LaBryan Ray, DT, Alabama
    The Cowboys are very weak on both sides of the trenches. They need a new interior presence on the defensive line.

LaBryan Ray flashed a bit alongside Quinnen Williams and now has a larger role on Alabama.
    Assassin
    ESPN's top FA for 2021.

Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys
    2020 salary: $31.4 million | Age entering 2021 season: 28
    Prediction: The Cowboys will franchise-tag him.
    Maybe Prescott's ankle injury will help talks between both sides, but with the way the Cowboys' season has gone, his value has never been higher. Both sides have said the same thing since last year: They want to get a long-term deal done. But the same issues that were in play last spring remain in play next season and the salary cap is going to go down. To tag Prescott would cost the Cowboys $37.7 million, and they have added space in 2021 by restructuring the contracts of Tyron Smith, Zack Martin and DeMarcus Lawrence to make the room to fit that under a lower cap. Owner Jerry Jones has said countless times that Prescott is the Cowboys' quarterback. If they go the tag route, he might be the quarterback for just one more season. -- Todd Archer
    Assassin
    Philly is gonna be so screwed next year, ($72,140,588) over the cap. Saints are top dog at ($75m) and the Cowboys are ($2,545,086)
    Wichitabear
    Assassin said:

Philly is gonna be so screwed next year, ($72,140,588) over the cap. Saints are top dog at ($75m) and the Cowboys are ($2,545,086)
    I'm glad!!!I I'm at Walmart and it is crazy in here
    BearForce
    Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Yeah Philly Wal-Mart's are rough, or so I hear.
    Wichitabear
    BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

They are! Lolol
    Assassin
    BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Philly Walmart = Dallas Neiman Marcus
    First Page Last Page
    Page 501 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.