Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,331 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kick a FG mcCarthy!
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Dalton Schultz. Good catch
Wichitabear
Andy dandy can be so bad
Wichitabear
But not in that instance
Assassin
Dalton is gonna win us the NFC East!

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
BearForce
It's amazing how many times that TE drag across the formation works. I would have that route ran on every goal line situation.
BearForce
Either way I am happy with the effort today.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Please dont overestimate him or our defense.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Either way I am happy with the effort today.
ditto. I feel we at least have a heartbeat.
Wichitabear
I have really enjoyed the announcers
Wichitabear
I can't help but be happy for our coach!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Please dont overestimate him or our defense.
remember how bad the Giants were a decade or so ago? They snuck into the playoffs and ran the table
BearForce
So from a draft perspective we are at #4 with Cincy ahead of us so not a big deal, except Joe Burrow is out for a while so we may not catch them, Jax and the Jets.

What does suck though is if you end up with a tie in terms of record, then you rotate the top position each round within that tie so as you can see below, 4 through 9 are tied record wise so Dallas would get #4 round 1, #9 round 2, #8 round 3, etc.

Wichitabear
I am watching Aaron Rodgers and he is such a smart QB. He seems to read the field so well. Pretty much always on target. I hate him lololol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

I am watching Aaron Rodgers and he is such a smart QB. He seems to read the field so well. Pretty much always on target. I hate him lololol

I know...as soon as Indy had to punt I knew he had too much time. Unfortunately we have been on the receiving end of that too many times.
BearForce
And then Green Bay fumbles...LOL
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

I know...as soon as Indy had to punt I knew he had too much time. Unfortunately we have been on the receiving end of that too many times.
we sure have
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

And then Green Bay fumbles...LOL
yep lol
Wichitabear
And here comes the field goal unit
Wichitabear
Rivers looks so much bigger than Rodgers
Assassin
BearForce said:

So from a draft perspective we are at #4 with Cincy ahead of us so not a big deal, except Joe Burrow is out for a while so we may not catch them, Jax and the Jets.

What does suck though is if you end up with a tie in terms of record, then you rotate the top position each round within that tie so as you can see below, 4 through 9 are tied record wise so Dallas would get #4 round 1, #9 round 2, #8 round 3, etc.

We could end up anywhere based on what we see now. I got a feeling we are gonna win probably 3 more. Worst case is that we win the East and get destroyed in the wild card round. All of a sudden we are around 20.
Assassin
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

We could end up anywhere based on what we see now. I got a feeling we are gonna win probably 3 more. Worst case is that we win the East and get destroyed in the wild card round. All of a sudden we are around 20.
Cincy will go either Sewell or Micah Parsons. If we stay at 4 and for some reasons the Jets do something strange (they are the Jets...) or stay with Darnold, we could have Fields drop in our lap there. Assume Cowboys do stick with Dak, then 4 could be pretty valuable.

Assassin
Assassin said:

Cincy will go either Sewell or Micah Parsons. If we stay at 4 and for some reasons the Jets do something strange (they are the Jets...) or stay with Darnold, we could have Fields drop in our lap there. Assume Cowboys do stick with Dak, then 4 could be pretty valuable.
On the other hand, anyone with a young QB needing a LT will make moves for Sewell. Its gonna be interesting
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

To be honest when you look at the rest of the division and their schedules, it may come down to us and the Giants. I will say this, if we play the young kids and they pull it off then that is a benefit all it's own and I can live with the 19th pick.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

On the other hand, anyone with a young QB needing a LT will make moves for Sewell. Its gonna be interesting

Honestly Cincy would be stupid to pass on Sewell. That would give them a all pro left OT for the next decade to protect Burrow's blind side.

Jets take Lawrence, Jax takes Fields, Cincy takes Sewell, and then we hold #4 hostage for whoever wants Wilson or Lance.
Assassin
BearForce said:

To be honest when you look at the rest of the division and their schedules, it may come down to us and the Giants. I will say this, if we play the young kids and they pull it off then that is a benefit all it's own and I can live with the 19th pick.
Now that we know that Zach Martin is potentially an All Pro RT, you wonder if RT is more valuable to Dallas than having him at RG. He kicked ass this past game.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Now that we know that Zach Martin is potentially an All Pro RT, you wonder if RT is more valuable to Dallas than having him at RG. He kicked ass this past game.

It's great insurance if Collins isn't the player he was and as we know he can also play G too. On the other hand Collins did play on the left side so you wonder if he might be able to play left tackle too. McGovern did fine yesterday too at RG. I say this to say we have pieces along the OL and are not in dire straits but Tyron's durability is a gray cloud to be reckoned with.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Honestly Cincy would be stupid to pass on Sewell. That would give them a all pro left OT for the next decade to protect Burrow's blind side.

Jets take Lawrence, Jax takes Fields, Cincy takes Sewell, and then we hold #4 hostage for whoever wants Wilson or Lance.
Trading back makes the most sense if in the bottom few.

I am still curious who might be available in FA due to tye reduced cap cuts. And who we will need to cut to get there. Who do you see us having to cut to accommodate Daks contract and a lower cap?

BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Trading back makes the most sense if in the bottom few.

I am still curious who might be available in FA due to tye reduced cap cuts. And who we will need to cut to get there. Who do you see us having to cut to accommodate Daks contract and a lower cap?

I think you might see some restructures but I don't see any obvious cuts, other than maybe Jaylen Smith but I don't think they do that, if they do, until 2022, which then they could also look at Zeke too.
Assassin
BearForce said:

It's great insurance if Collins isn't the player he was and as we know he can also play G too. On the other hand Collins did play on the left side so you wonder if he might be able to play left tackle too. McGovern did fine yesterday too at RG. I say this to say we have pieces along the OL and are not in dire straits but Tyron's durability is a gray cloud to be reckoned with.
btw - let me reiterate something.

Sometimes I might seem like I you for granted BF, but I don't. It's fun to have someone else that 'get's it'. Not a cheerleader but not a doomsayer either.

Thanks my brother!
Assassin
105.3 The Fan's Mike Bacsik foresees: The club cutting bait with its $90 million workhorse following the 2021 season.
Bacsik took to the airwaves Friday to predict Elliott's eventual ouster in a salary cap-driven move by a front office that, he argues, mistakenly invested in a devalued NFL position and an "average running back."
Via 105.3 The Fan:
Quote:

"I think when we get to the end of the 2021 season, the Cowboys will look to release Ezekiel Elliott. I think they're going to look at their financial aspect because I think they are committed to Dak [Prescott] being the quarterback of the future. And I think they're going to just look at financially and look at his production and go, 'Guys, it might be best to take a hit now and open up money for later.'
"I think we're going to start hearing whispers out of Frisco that there's a possibility that the Cowboys are going to release Elliott after the 2021 season. And it will be a financial hit. But I think they're looking at it going, 'We can't keep paying this every year to a guy who is at best an average running back.'"
Assassin
CeeDee already our most prolific rookie Wr at 47 catches. And he did it with 6 games left to play!

Assassin

one of the more spectacular catches you will ever see

BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

btw - let me reiterate something.

Sometimes I might seem like I you for granted BF, but I don't. It's fun to have someone else that 'get's it'. Not a cheerleader but not a doomsayer either.

Thanks my brother!
I feel the same way my friend and thank you!

So how do you feel about maybe looking at a WR in say round 3 assuming you have multiple picks. I say that because I think at some point you are cutting Cooper or trading Gallup but not paying them both. That and as much as I love Gallup, and did coming out of Colo St, the drops are starting to get alarming.

Also, I am starting to wonder the same thing around the same round for RB too in prepping for letting Zeke go in 2022ish to avoid a Demarco Murray fall off while having someone to team up with Pollard until his contract comes up.
BearForce
Assassin said:

one of the more spectacular catches you will ever see

They need to frame that at AT&T and the Star. The body control and in air adjustment while falling is incredible.
First Page Last Page
Page 504 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.