Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,233 Views | 29569 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Assassin
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Looking at the last three games, if we lose them all we will probably claim #4 spot in draft. If we win all three, we could end up between 14-17. Either way wouldnt surprise me as our last three are just as bad as we are
Gosh, so hard not to pull for our cowboys! But, we need to lose. I want good draft picks.

So true...get the #4 pick and then trade down to get multiple picks in the top 100. That was what the Jimmy Johnson secret sauce really was...not just talent evaluating but also making sure you had multiple chances too.
I really miss the Jimmy Johnson days!
Assassin
btw - Justin Fields looks like a Undrafted Free Agent in the Big 10 championship
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

btw - Justin Fields looks like a Undrafted Free Agent in the Big 10 championship

His season has been meh for sure
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

His season has been meh for sure
12/27, for 114, 4.2 average, no TDs and 2 INtS

On the other hand, Trey Sermon, 331 rushing yds - in ONE GAME, 29 carries for over 11 ypc DAMN!!!
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Looking at the last three games, if we lose them all we will probably claim #4 spot in draft. If we win all three, we could end up between 14-17. Either way wouldnt surprise me as our last three are just as bad as we are
Gosh, so hard not to pull for our cowboys! But, we need to lose. I want good draft picks.

So true...get the #4 pick and then trade down to get multiple picks in the top 100. That was what the Jimmy Johnson secret sauce really was...not just talent evaluating but also making sure you had multiple chances too.
SOS - This is the composite win percentage of the opponents a team has beaten over the course of the regular season. Example: By Week 13, Oakland had beaten 10 teams with a combined record of 68-76, giving the Raiders a . 472 strength of victory.

BF, you are better with numbers. Since our last three teams also suck and we play two of them we would end up worse record than all three, correct?

49rs are 5-8
Eagles are 4-8-1
Giants are 5-8

Carolina and Atlanta match us at 4-9. Carolina plays Packers, the Unknowns and Saints. Saints will not need to win to clinch unless they fold. They might play backups

Atlanta plays Bucs twice and Chiefs. Not sure they can win any of those
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

SOS - This is the composite win percentage of the opponents a team has beaten over the course of the regular season. Example: By Week 13, Oakland had beaten 10 teams with a combined record of 68-76, giving the Raiders a . 472 strength of victory.

BF, you are better with numbers. Since our last three teams also suck and we play two of them we would end up worse record than all three, correct?

49rs are 5-8
Eagles are 4-8-1
Giants are 5-8

Carolina and Atlanta match us at 4-9. Carolina plays Packers, the Unknowns and Saints. Saints will not need to win to clinch unless they fold. They might play backups

Atlanta plays Bucs twice and Chiefs. Not sure they can win any of those

Strength of Schedule (SOS) is different than Strength of Victory

Schedule is the composite winning percentage of all of your opponents which is what is used for the NFL draft, whereas Victory is just taking the composite of the teams you beat which is a tie breaker for playoff spots.

Right now the easiest way to think our situation is this, since our SOS is so much worst than any team around us, at this point you can pretty much say any team we end up with in a tie for winning percentage we will beat out by SOS unless its the Chargers or Giants and then it will be close.

Assassin
that win by the Chargers was huge.

I really dont see a way that we can lose out and be worse than 5 which would mean someone jumped up on SOS
BearForce
Assassin

Your boy Pitts is wearing out Alabama
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin

Your boy Pitts is wearing out Alabama
they got too many 5 stars on Bama. On the 2nd and 3rd teams
Assassin
been watching a friend of mine fighting in the UFC, how have the two QBs looked? Worth drafting?
Assassin
The Dallas Cowboys won't be hosting an NFL postseason game this year, barring a miracle. The Cowboys, however, will be hosting a college football playoff game.

The college football semifinal game that was due to be played at the Rose Bowl will move to AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The move was announced on Saturday night.
BearForce
Assassin said:

been watching a friend of mine fighting in the UFC, how have the two QBs looked? Worth drafting?

Both are day two picks I think.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Both are day two picks I think.
Really hope we draft a QB somewhat early. Someone who needs a little development but has the skills to replace Dak if we decide that he is taking up too much of the cap - or that his wheels arent what they used to be, post break
Assassin
BearForce
Zeke is a no go for today
Assassin
BearForce said:

Zeke is a no go for today
He didnt make his flight back from Cabo?
Assassin
Possible Mike Nolan replacement - and he's already on the payroll

George Edwards is an American football coach who currently serves as the Senior Defensive Assistant for the Dallas Cowboys. He has served as a defensive coordinator for the Buffalo Bills, Washington Redskins, and Minnesota Vikings of the NFL. Wikipedia
BearForce
Assassin said:

George Edwards is an American football coach who currently serves as the Senior Defensive Assistant for the Dallas Cowboys. He has served as a defensive coordinator for the Buffalo Bills, Washington Redskins, and Minnesota Vikings of the NFL. Wikipedia

He would be my pick
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

He would be my pick
Or Marvin Lewis and hire Sean Lee as an assistant.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/our-top-10-for-next-dallas-cowboys-defensive-coordinator
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

He would be my pick
Or Marvin Lewis and hire Sean Lee as an assistant.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/our-top-10-for-next-dallas-cowboys-defensive-coordinator

Yeah I read Fish's report. I like Edwards ties to Zimmer especially.
Assassin
For first time this year, Cowboys are expected to start the same unit for three straight games: LT Brandon Knight, LG Connor Williams, C Joe Looney, RG Connor McGovern and RT Terence Steele. Team has played 15 O-line combinations.
Assassin
As expected, Cowboys RB Tony Pollard handled first-team reps in pregame warmups. He's never seen more than 14 carries or 16 touches in an NFL game. Should top both figures today vs. 49ers
Assassin

OMG
Assassin
Fewest points per drive allowed: 1. Rams - 1.47 2. Steelers - 1.51 3. Dolphins - 1.62 4. Football Team - 1.76 5. Ravens - 1.85

Most: 1. Raiders - 2.87 2. Lions - 2.75 3. Cowboys - 2.64 t4. Panthers - 2.61 t4. Browns - 2.61
Assassin
Big loss for Niners: CB Jason Verrett (illness) is inactive today. Cowboys WR Amari Cooper had looked forward to matchup, having faced him last when Verrett was healthy with Chargers. "I used to tell people all the time that I thought he was one of the best."
Assassin
59 yd punt downed at the 1. Penalty on Dallas. SF fumbles on the ensuing Punt

Football gods may be on Dallas side
Assassin
zeke who?

TP for the TD!
Assassin
btw - that was Dorance Armstrong on the fumble punch tackle and recovery
BearForce
Assassin said:

btw - that was Dorance Armstrong on the fumble punch tackle and recovery
BearForce
DLaw strikes!
Assassin
BearForce said:

DLaw strikes!
fumble - no fumble?
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

DLaw strikes!
fumble - no fumble?

Fumble
Assassin
Football gods I tell ya!
Assassin
Belldozer!
BearForce
Gallup TD!
First Page Last Page
Page 521 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.