Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,240 Views | 29569 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TechDawgMc said:

So the Eagles basically throw the game next week against Washington and this little "too little too late" winning streak costs us about 8 draft spots. And we've seen how well jerry does with the 12 pick
Hey, things could be worse. You could be the Jets
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Holy *****

Hmm, I wonder what the WFT's #1 draft need is now?
Assassin
BearForce said:

Holy *****

Probably a name.

We should draft one for them. Blumbelbee's, HasBeen's, UglyMen, HorseWithNoNames, IUsedToBeAChiefNowI'mJustAnotherIndian...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Assassin
All of a sudden, Dallas might be the favorite to win the NFC East... how did that happen?

Assassin
TechDawgMc said:

So the Eagles basically throw the game next week against Washington and this little "too little too late" winning streak costs us about 8 draft spots. And we've seen how well jerry does with the 12 pick
He's only had 1 pick at 12. Danny Noonan was before him. Jones' pick at 12 was a damn good Alvin Harper

Harper was selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the first round (12th overall) of the 1991 NFL Draft, in order to find a receiving partner for starter Michael Irvin.[1] As a rookie, he caught 20 passes for 326 yards and one touchdown, helping Dallas finish 115, its first winning season since 1985. He missed the seventh game against the Cincinnati Bengals with a neck injury.

In 1992, he rushed once for 15 yards and caught 35 passes for 562 yards and four touchdowns. He probably had the signature play of his career during the NFC Championship against the San Francisco 49ers, catching a slant route for 70 yards, setting up the Cowboys on the 10-yard line and sealing the win. He also caught a 45-yard touchdown from quarterback Troy Aikman during the 5217 victory over the Buffalo Bills in Super Bowl XXVII, after which he dunked the ball over the goal post crossbar.

In 1993, Harper established himself as one of the best deep threats in the NFL with a 21.6 yards per catch average, and a total of 36 receptions for 777 yards and five touchdowns. He again had a key play in the NFC Championship against the San Francisco 49ers: with Troy Aikman knocked out of the game with a concussion, Dallas backup quarterback Bernie Kosar connected with Harper for a 42-yard touchdown. That year, Dallas returned to face the Bills in Super Bowl XXVIII during which Aikman completed a 16-yard pass to him to give the Cowboys a first-and-goal at the six early in the fourth quarter. That set up a one-yard-run by running back Emmitt Smith and helped seal the Bills' fate as Dallas won 3013.

Harper's best year came in 1994, when he led the league with a 24.9 yards-per-reception average, catching 33 passes for 821 yards and eight touchdowns. However, Dallas failed to make a third consecutive trip to the Super Bowl with a 3828 loss to the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Championship Game.
Assassin
From what I can see in the FPI projections, Dallas could drop as low at #7 (depending on SoS) if we lose Sunday and everything falls into place. We have a 52.2% of getting a Top 10 pick if we lose.

Winning and Washington winning puts us around the mid teens

Winning and Washington loosing puts us in the playoffs
Assassin
gotta think the the TV gurus would see Dallas as one of the more attractive of the 3 NFC East teams left. Giants are kinda boring although they do have the NYC draw. But if the decision makers watched that game for us yesterday, gotta be Dallas
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Holy *****

He was awful!
Assassin
Lewis wrinkle unveiled: Quietly, the Cowboys have cross-trained nickel cornerback Jourdan Lewis at safety.
The secret was out Sunday.
Safety Darian Thompson suffered a concussion in the second half. That left rookie Reggie Robinson, a college cornerback whom the Cowboys converted to safety in training camp, and Lewis as the only available options. The coaches rolled with Lewis to finish the game opposite Donovan Wilson.
Xavier Woods (ribs) was inactive.
The Cowboys have eased Robinson into the fold, making him a healthy scratch for most of the year and then playing him exclusively on special teams. He saw significant snaps there Sunday for a second straight game.
The fourth-round draft pick missed one tackle in kickoff coverage but followed up by forcing a fumble.

"Yeah, it was amazing," Robinson said. "I almost got a concussion on my way back to the sideline, but it was great."
Assassin
If the Cowboys are able to capitalize on that 26% and make the playoffs, they will host a game in the Wild Card round. Each division champion is given a home game (the No. 1 seed gets a bye week and hosts in the divisional round).
As the worst division in football, the NFC East champion will be the No. 4 seed, so if that's the Cowboys they would face the wild-card team with the best record.
Right now, Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers holds the No. 5 seed and have clinched a berth in the playoffs. They have a 10-5 record, but even if they win next week and the New Orleans Saints lose, they will not catch up for the NFC South crown.
The Los Angeles Rams (9-6) have not yet clinched a berth and are sitting in the No. 6 slot. If they win and Tampa Bay loses, the Rams would slide into the No. 5 slot and would travel to the NFC East champion.
The Rams were 4-0 against the NFC East this year, but needed a phantom OPI call against Michael Gallup to hold onto a 20-17 win over Dallas in Week 1. That seems like a lifetime ago. If the Rams lose, they could be out the playoffs entirely if the Chicago Bears win against the Green Bay Packers.
  • NFC East winner hosts TB if Bucs win at home vs Falcons or if Rams lose at home vs Cardinals
  • NFC East winner hosts LAR if Bucs lose, Rams win
  • NFC East winner hosts
Assassin
Assassin said:

From what I can see in the FPI projections, Dallas could drop as low at #7 (depending on SoS) if we lose Sunday and everything falls into place. We have a 52.2% of getting a Top 10 pick if we lose.

Winning and Washington winning puts us around the mid teens

Winning and Washington loosing puts us in the playoffs
Draft Order: Current Position No. 11
With their win, Dallas fell out of the Top 10 draft order.
They sit at No. 11, tied with five other teams with 6 wins. Also with 6-9 records are the Washington Football Team, LA Chargers, Minnesota Vikings and San Francisco 49ers. The New England Patriots are 6-8 and face Buffalo on Monday Night Football.
Unlike playoff tiebreakers, head-to-head means nothing, so even though Dallas beat the Vikings and 49ers, they are still before them in draft order. The Cowboys have the worst opponent Strength of Schedule (.465) so they win the draft order tiebreaker.
The Las Vegas Raiders are 7-8 and are the only team with just 7 wins on the season.
The worst Dallas could finish in the draft order would be No. 16.
Even if the Cowboys and Washington win in Week 17 (giving WFT the division crown), there's no chance the Cowboys' opponent SOS is worse than the Raiders. However, if there's a 3-way tie for the NFC East, the Giants win the division and Washington could end up with a worse SOS and ahead of Dallas in the draft order.
There are four teams with 5-10 records, in front of Dallas in the order.
The Cowboys have clinched a worse SOS than all four teams, and none of them play each other in Week 17.
Therefore, a miss-the-playoffs Cowboys could still finish anywhere from No. 7 to No. 16 in the draft order based on the results of Week 17.
If Dallas makes the dance, the earliest they would draft would be No. 19. If they won their first game, the earliest Dallas would draft would be No. 25.

Assassin
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Are you sure? Lolol He has had a not so good year!
Wichitabear
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Are you sure? Lolol He has had a not so good year!
ok he has been wonderful. Great
Assassin
Washington QB Alex Smith is taking first-team reps in individual drills. A very good sign.
Assassin
Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer

Cornerback Chidobe Awuzie (hamstring, groin) and safety Xavier Woods (ribs) were limited in practice while safety Darian Thompson (concussion), linebacker Leighton Vander Esch (ankle), cornerback Rashard Robinson (knee) and safety Donovan Wilson (illness) did not practice.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Washington QB Alex Smith is taking first-team reps in individual drills. A very good sign.

However Terry McLaren isn't, also a good sign.
Assassin
Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer

Ezekiel Elliott was asked if there would be pride in winning the NFC East, even with a 7-9 record. "A win is a win. No matter how you get there, a win is a win," he said. "So I mean if we win the division at 7-9, I mean, it's the same as winning it at 14-2. You go into the playoffs with a 0-0 record, so I mean, winning the division, it doesn't matter what the record is. If you win it, you win it."
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

However Terry McLaren isn't, also a good sign.
Assassin
ESPN's Football Power Index gives Washington a 58% chance to win the NFC East, with the Giants (24%) and Cowboys (17%) falling in line. If Washington (6-9) wins its season finale against the Eagles, it clinches the division. But if Washington loses, the winner of Sunday's matchup between the Cowboys (6-9) and Giants (5-10) takes the crown.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

ESPN's Football Power Index gives Washington a 58% chance to win the NFC East, with the Giants (24%) and Cowboys (17%) falling in line. If Washington (6-9) wins its season finale against the Eagles, it clinches the division. But if Washington loses, the winner of Sunday's matchup between the Cowboys (6-9) and Giants (5-10) takes the crown.
Scary. Just feel awful yelling against my cowboys but we need a good draft desperately.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Scary. Just feel awful yelling against my cowboys but we need a good draft desperately.
the one thing I keep remembering is how bad Eli Manning's Giants were one of the years they won the Super Bowl. Andy is hot right now, the OL seems to have found a rhythm with all the backups, our D is kinda coming together. Wouldnt that be something if we went all the way? Talk about a magical year
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

the one thing I keep remembering is how bad Eli Manning's Giants were one of the years they won the Super Bowl. Andy is hot right now, the OL seems to have found a rhythm with all the backups, our D is kinda coming together. Wouldnt that be something if we went all the way? Talk about a magical year
I see it but do you think we will really go all the way? I am glad to see us finally getting better. I'm so torn.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Scary. Just feel awful yelling against my cowboys but we https://www.si.com/college/mississippistate/football/costello-active-121220need a good draft desperately.
I see it but do you think we will really go all the way? I am glad to see us finally getting better. I'm so torn.
It would be even more spectacular than Eli's year. Going from picking 4th overall to the Super Bowl... dang. Dak would join Carson Wince as QBs who werent on their team when they went all the way
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Scary. Just feel awful yelling against my cowboys but we https://www.si.com/college/mississippistate/football/costello-active-121220need a good draft desperately.
It would be even more spectacular than Eli's year. Going from picking 4th overall to the Super Bowl... dang. Dak would join Carson Wince as QBs who werent on their team when they went all the way
Dak was at the Florida game last night.
Wichitabear
Happy New Year Cowboy Fans!!!!!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

you rock bearforce!
Assassin
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

That is sooo sweet!
Assassin
Some of Justin Fields passes looked like dying ducks, yet he is kinda outplaying Lawrence.

47 kinda destroyed Fields ribs... I think this targeting rule is overused. That was bogus. They might as well make it flag football.

BearForce
Assassin said:

Some of Justin Fields passes looked like dying ducks, yet he is kinda outplaying Lawrence.

47 kinda destroyed Fields ribs... I think this targeting rule is overused. That was bogus. They might as well make it flag football.

Agree
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

I'm glad I didn't bet on this game. Not that I do but if I did, I would have lost a load of money. I didn't like that targeting call on Cincy today.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Agree
I dont get OSU's use of Trey Sermon either. If you remember he was an Okie player before transferring. Had that 331 yd game against Northwestern.

Had a lot of injuries at Okie

He actually looks like he has some pro potential if he can stay upright
First Page Last Page
Page 528 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.