Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,081,772 Views | 29560 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by trumpetbear
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce said:

Oh Goldy

F.R.A.U.D.S.!

Close game, just didn't fall their way.

I'd trade our record the last 5 years for theirs faster than rabbits ****.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Oh Goldy

F.R.A.U.D.S.!

FRAUD
BearForce
BearForce said:

105.3 is reporting that Quinn is the favorite to get the DC job. If so I am good with that, especially since it means we will go back to being a pure 4-3 team.
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Oh Goldy

F.R.A.U.D.S.!

FRAUD

That's in your head.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Oh Goldy

F.R.A.U.D.S.!

FRAUD

That's in your head.
FRAUD
BearForce
BearForce
BearForce
Assassin
BearForce said:

Oh Goldy

F.R.A.U.D.S.!
getting beat by Cleveland WITHOUT OBj
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Oh wow, I guess Philly made Pederson wentz and it hurts.
Franko
BearForce said:

Kevinwood?
BearForce

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

lololol ok
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

lololol
BearForce
It's Dan Quinn!

Assassin
BearForce said:

It's Dan Quinn!

Solid choice. Not my first but workable. Back to the- 4-3
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
You're Dan Quinn. Jerry comes to you and says, you've analyzed our talent on Defense, what direction do you think we should go Rd 1, then in Rd 2. What do you tell him?

Assassin
  • Cowboys hired ex-Falcons coach Dan Quinn as defensive coordinator.
    After 85 games as the Falcons' head coach, 50-year-old Quinn goes back to what got him the Atlanta job, and that's calling the shots on defense. He was previously the defensive coordinator under Pete Carroll in Seattle and with the Florida Gators at the college ranks. In Dallas, Quinn will have full control of the defensive side under offensive-minded coach Mike McCarthy. The problem under Quinn in Atlanta, however, were his defenses and utter incompetency in closing out games. Quinn was still a sought after DC candidate following his ouster in Atlanta.
    RELATED:
    SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Jan 11, 2021, 6:10 PM ET

MrGolfguy
The Mighty Quinn

BearForce
Tonight's homework, watch Surtain and Barmore
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Surtain is doing pretty good.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Surtain is doing pretty good.

His speed is a concern which is why we may like Farley more.
Wichitabear
Seems like I can remember Baylor wanting Najee Harris. He very good
Assassin
insidethestar.com

Hunter Niswander has only served as the Dallas Cowboys punter for eight games, replacing Chris Jones midway through the 2020 season. His strong play was enough to not only become the favorite for the job next season but already has Niswander at the top of one of the Cowboys' all-time statistical records.

Niswander was signed to the practice squad in late October, with the team claiming at the time that they were just covering themselves in case Chris Jones were to miss time due to COVID-19. But less than two weeks later, Jones was placed on injured reserve for an ongoing injury issues and Niswander took over in Week 9 as Cowboys punter.

In his eight games "Hunter the Punter" averaged 47.2 yards on 26 punts. According to Pro Football Reference, this gives Niswander the highest career average for any punter in Cowboys history.

The previous high was 45.3 yards by Mat McBriar, the Cowboys longtime punter from 2003-2011 and a two-time Pro Bowler.
BearForce
Assassin said:

insidethestar.com

Hunter Niswander has only served as the Dallas Cowboys punter for eight games, replacing Chris Jones midway through the 2020 season. His strong play was enough to not only become the favorite for the job next season but already has Niswander at the top of one of the Cowboys' all-time statistical records.

Niswander was signed to the practice squad in late October, with the team claiming at the time that they were just covering themselves in case Chris Jones were to miss time due to COVID-19. But less than two weeks later, Jones was placed on injured reserve for an ongoing injury issues and Niswander took over in Week 9 as Cowboys punter.

In his eight games "Hunter the Punter" averaged 47.2 yards on 26 punts. According to Pro Football Reference, this gives Niswander the highest career average for any punter in Cowboys history.

The previous high was 45.3 yards by Mat McBriar, the Cowboys longtime punter from 2003-2011 and a two-time Pro Bowler.
Good job on the front office finding the guy and yet the fact they lest Chris Jones go this long is an inditement on them, similar to the Maher - Forebath situation last year.
BearForce
In honor of the Mighty Quinn, a new mock

BearForce
Good BtB.com article on the Mighty Quinn. Some quotes that caught my eye, and I like are:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/1/12/22226278/dan-quinn-is-exactly-what-the-cowboys-need-kris-richard-mike-nolan-pete-carroll-seahawks
Quote:

For starters, he didn't value size in his defensive backs above all else. In 2016, the year Quinn's team went to the Super Bowl, three of his top four cornerbacks were under six feet, for example. Quinn's willingness to adapt is reminiscent of Robert Saleh, another former Seahawks assistant who adapted the Legion of Boom scheme in San Francisco
Quote:

One of Richard's biggest problems with the Cowboys was that his area of expertise - the secondary - did not marry well with Marinelli's area of expertise along the defensive line. Marinelli wanted undersized and athletic defensive linemen who shot the gap on every play, whereas the Seahawks defense sought to use bigger defensive linemen to plug holes more easily.
Assassin
PFF's One Player Each NFL Team Should Look For:

DALLAS COWBOYS: DI DALVIN TOMLINSON
The Dallas Cowboys' defense was a disaster this season, faring particularly poorly against the run. The unit allowed a monstrous 2.3 yards per carry before contact on average, which is a full half-yard worse than any other defense in the league.
Defending the run is, to some degree, just a conscious choice involving alignment and the number of players in the box, but that stat speaks to a lack of strength up the middle, where a player like Dalvin Tomlinson would immediately change the outcome. Tomlinson has PFF run-defense grades of at least 70.0 in every season of his career, and this season added a little pressure, with 28 combined sacks, hits and hurries.
BearForce
BearForce

If we (BU) needed a DB coach it would be nice to bring Maurice home.
BearForce
Assassin
BearForce said:

35 seconds in... check out the open field block via a light push on Jaylon Smith... Smith goes all rolly polly
Assassin
Mike Fisher suggests we get on the phone with Earl Thomas. His aches and pains are rested a full year. He knows Dan Quinn and vice versa. Why not?
Assassin
BearForce
Assassin said:

Mike Fisher suggests we get on the phone with Earl Thomas. His aches and pains are rested a full year. He knows Dan Quinn and vice versa. Why not?
I can't remember, but do you have a "The Athletic" membership? If so then look up the article they did on Earl Thomas and I can assure you want you do you will want no part of Earl. If anything I would rather bring in Richard Sherman and move him to safety.
First Page Last Page
Page 534 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.