Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,080,981 Views | 29553 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by BearForce
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Dwight Haskins goes to the Pittsburgh Pretenders...
Yep...and I think it's a smart low risk move for Pittsburgh and for Haskins a good organization to get a redo. And if he becomes the man, Matt Canada will design an offense that works to his strengths.

I was all for bringing him in to the Cowboys as third wheel. Would have gotten a chance to work with a couple of alleged QB-whisperers in McCarthy and Moore
Yeah, I would have been game to kick the wheels as well
Assassin
KD must read Sicem365 a lot:

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/dallas-cowboys-2021-nfl-draft-mock-7-round-defense/
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin

Sucker!
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
ESPN has the Cowboys as the #3 overall team in the NFC next season:

3. Dallas Cowboys
Somebody has to win the NFC East, and if the Cowboys hadn't lost quarterback Dak Prescott to a gruesome ankle injury early in the season, it probably would have been them. Dallas also went without the three stars on its offensive line for most of the season and hired the wrong defensive coordinator in Mike Nolan, with previously talented Cowboys linebackers and linemen suddenly struggling to create reliable run fits or make tackles.
The Cowboys should be healthier in 2021, and we saw their offense's upside while Prescott was in the lineup. They have the highest upside of any team in the division, and if they can fix the secondary this offseason, their ceiling might be as Super Bowl contenders. Of course, as we saw in 2020, few teams seem better at getting in their own way or creating their own problems.

Prescott hadn't ever missed a game before his freak injury, so if we expect him to play something close to a full season in 2021, the Cowboys should be in good shape to win their division.
Assassin

BearForce
Assassin said:

Assassin

Here are the Early Entries so far: https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-underclassmen-tracker-who-intends-to-enter?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb
Assassin
so who do you like tomorrow?

I think the fan favorite is Tampa as Tom Brady is there. I am good with that, TB plus 4 1/2. I think the surround talent may be a bit better than Aaron's

There is no way Buffalo stays with Mahomes. KC minus 3 1/2. It would make me very happy if Cole Beazley drops a couple of important passes.

Best bet is TB/GB over-under. Each team may score the 52 pts! If I were a betting man I would parlay KC and this O/U
BearForce
Assassin said:

I think the fan favorite is Tampa as Tom Brady is there. I am good with that, TB plus 4 1/2. I think the surround talent may be a bit better than Aaron's

There is no way Buffalo stays with Mahomes. KC minus 3 1/2. It would make me very happy if Cole Beazley drops a couple of important passes.

Best bet is TB/GB over-under. Each team may score the 52 pts! If I were a betting man I would parlay KC and this O/U
Assuming Mahomes is healthy KC wins that game but it's going to be a close fun scoring fest.

As for Tampa vs Green Bay, I have the feeling that Green Bay gets it done as those Tampa boys will not be used to that cold. Not to mention it's incredible that in all of Rodgers' great career, this is the first time he will play an NFC championship game at home...you know Lambeau is going to be rocking, even at reduced capacity.
Assassin

This is Brady's C. Looks like the guy you DID NOT want to be on the other side in that dark alley
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Assuming Mahomes is healthy KC wins that game but it's going to be a close fun scoring fest.

As for Tampa vs Green Bay, I have the feeling that Green Bay gets it done as those Tampa boys will not be used to that cold. Not to mention it's incredible that in all of Rodgers' great career, this is the first time he will play an NFC championship game at home...you know Lambeau is going to be rocking, even at reduced capacity.

A Winfield was hurt in practice. Didnt at all on Friday or today
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Damn that hurts. Wish we had him and I am starting to think we might get a do over with the Washington kid from TCU if we don't get hung up on his size.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Damn that hurts. Wish we had him and I am starting to think we might get a do over with the Washington kid from TCU if we don't get hung up on his size.

We both really liked that kid. But I also didnt expect for CeeDee to be sitting there R1 and Diggs to be there in R2 (although AW went ahead of Diggs)

Winfield had 64 tackles, 2 forced fumbles,1 int and 3 SACKS! (16 games, 16 starts)

Diggs had 58 tackles, 3 Ints and one SACK! (12 games, 11 starts)

Since AW went in R2, gotta think that a starting CB with similar stats is worth a bit more that S. Only time will tell
Assassin
Looking at RD2, we also both liked A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa. This guy was almost as bad as Goldmind's Chaisson. 14 tackles for a 2nd rounder vs 19 tackles for the 1st rounder.

BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

We both really liked that kid. But I also didnt expect for CeeDee to be sitting there R1 and Diggs to be there in R2 (although AW went ahead of Diggs)

Winfield had 64 tackles, 2 forced fumbles,1 int and 3 SACKS! (16 games, 16 starts)

Since AW went in R2, gotta think that a starting CB with similar stats is worth a bit more that S. Only time will tell
Oh yeah, no doubt we made the right decision.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Winfield was hurt in practice. Didnt at all on Friday or today

Oh yeah, no doubt we made the right decision.

You know me, I'm not much of a BPA guy. But actually doing it, damn!! Big win. Let us do something with Gallup if we want, however having all three for Dak would be on hell of a weapon especially with Schultz evolving so much this year. 3 WRs, 2 receiving TEs plus a couple of good receiving RBs. Thats a lot of weapons IF we can keep him upright
Assassin
Well there's something that doesnt happen every da... ever

Assassin
Feb. 23: Franchise tag window opens, expected to close after two weeks

March 17: Free agency begins at 3 p.m.

April 5: Offseason workouts for teams with new coaches allowed to begin
April 19: Offseason workouts for all other teams allowed to begin
April 23: Last day of restricted free agency signing period
April 28: Last day for teams to match offer sheets for restricted free agents

Date: April 29-May 1
Cowboys' first pick: No. 10 overall (1st round)
Assassin
another WR in Rd 1?

Love his draft post Rd1. If I was going to go anything but D, it would be Kyle Pitts or Sewell. Not sure that unless Trevor dropped (hee hee hee), that I would go O except for the above. No way on Waddle, he's a great talent but if there is one position we are full at, its WR...

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2021/01/22/7-round-cowboys-mock-draft-with-top-cbs-off-the-board-dallas-uses-first-pick-on-best-player-available/
Assassin
CBS mock - Steelers get No. 10 pick, Cowboys get picks 24, 55, and 2022 first rounder.

Stealers get QB Trey Lance and we get Jayce Horn, plus a nice mid round 2nd, plus a 1 next year. If Ben retires, Pitt is not gonna be very good, could be very good

Yes, I would do that, especially if I knew we got Horn

You convinced me BF!
BearForce
Assassin said:

CBS mock - Steelers get No. 10 pick, Cowboys get picks 24, 55, and 2022 first rounder.

Stealers get QB Trey Lance and we get Jayce Horn, plus a nice mid round 2nd, plus a 1 next year. If Ben retires, Pitt is not gonna be very good, could be very good

You convinced me BF!

I would be scared Horn would be gone
BearForce
Assassin said:

another WR in Rd 1?

Love his draft post Rd1. If I was going to go anything but D, it would be Kyle Pitts. Not sure that unless Trevor dropped (hee hee hee), that I would go O except for Pitts. No way on Waddle, he's a great talent but if there is one position we are full at, its WR...

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2021/01/22/7-round-cowboys-mock-draft-with-top-cbs-off-the-board-dallas-uses-first-pick-on-best-player-available/

How about if you could trade Gallup for a starting CB or DT?
BearForce
Well this will make the QB draft even more interesting

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

You convinced me BF!

I would be scared Horn would be gone
we would probably have to move back into the high teens to get him.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

another WR in Rd 1?

Love his draft post Rd1. If I was going to go anything but D, it would be Kyle Pitts. Not sure that unless Trevor dropped (hee hee hee), that I would go O except for Pitts. No way on Waddle, he's a great talent but if there is one position we are full at, its WR...

I would be all for that. I love Gallup but we have needs.
Assassin
BearForce said:

He would love to go to Houston I have heard if Watson gets traded
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

But Watson would have to agree unless you involve a 3rd team.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

he's got the no trade clause.
Assassin
5 FA safeties Cowboys might target https://thelandryhat.com/2021/01/23/dallas-cowboys-5-safeties-free-agency/

My guess is they let things sort out and find what is left at the end. Cap will be lower, we will have a $35-37ish M QB, gonna take some doing
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

he's got the no trade clause.

Yes, and I doubt he agrees to go to Detroit
BearForce
Assassin said:

5 FA safeties Cowboys might target https://thelandryhat.com/2021/01/23/dallas-cowboys-5-safeties-free-agency/

My guess is they let things sort out and find what is left at the end. Cap will be lower, we will have a $35-37ish M QB, gonna take some doing

I like Marcus Maye and this draft safety class is ass.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

another WR in Rd 1?

no
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

another WR in Rd 1?

no

I understand your concern but here is the thought. If you dont resign him after next year, the most you are getting for a comp pick is a 3rd rounder, however if you trade him now for say a Stephon Gilmore then you have upgraded your secondary tremendously and can easily replace Gallup with what will likely be a better and cheaper player at a position that is easier to find replacements at.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

another WR in Rd 1?

no

I understand your concern but here is the thought. If you dont resign him after next year, the most you are getting for a comp pick is a 3rd rounder, however if you trade him now for say a Stephon Gilmore then you have upgraded your secondary tremendously and can easily replace Gallup with what will likely be a better and cheaper player at a position that is easier to find replacements at.
I get it but I just love him and hate to let him go. Kinda like JJ Barea of the Mavericks. Lol, ok well maybe he wasn't that good. I know I spelled his name wrong.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

another WR in Rd 1?

no

I get it but I just love him and hate to let him go. Kinda like JJ Barea of the Mavericks. Lol, ok well maybe he wasn't that good. I know I spelled his name wrong.

We all like him and he has been very productive but I don't think we can pay him Cooper and Cooper has been good.
First Page Last Page
Page 537 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.