Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,078,194 Views | 29549 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by BearForce
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

5 FA safeties Cowboys might target https://thelandryhat.com/2021/01/23/dallas-cowboys-5-safeties-free-agency/

My guess is they let things sort out and find what is left at the end. Cap will be lower, we will have a $35-37ish M QB, gonna take some doing
I like Marcus Maye and this draft safety class is ass.
At what price? That will be the key.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Do the Cowboys regret these 5 decisions?

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
I can't believe Tom Brady is going to the super bowl again! Lolol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

And playing in their home stadium to boot...first time ever, and 10 Super Bowl appearances. I dont like him but he is the GOAT.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

And playing in their home stadium to boot...first time ever, and 10 Super Bowl appearances. I dont like him but he is the GOAT.
Tarnishing all those Pats/Belchk awards a bit. Folks will say it was always about Brady
Assassin
Assassin said:

so who do you like tomorrow?

I think the fan favorite is Tampa as Tom Brady is there. I am good with that, TB plus 4 1/2. I think the surround talent may be a bit better than Aaron's

There is no way Buffalo stays with Mahomes. KC minus 3 1/2. It would make me very happy if Cole Beazley drops a couple of important passes.

Best bet is TB/GB over-under. Each team may score the 52 pts! If I were a betting man I would parlay KC and this O/U
I just won a zillion dollars
BearForce
So Brady only becomes the 2nd QB to start a Super Bowl for an NFC and AFC team. Do you know who the other one was? I know Assassin will know.
Assassin
BearForce said:

So Brady only becomes the 2nd QB to start a Super Bowl for an NFC and AFC team. Do you know who the other one was? I know Assassin will know.
I will! But I won't spoil it for somebody else

BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Both Super Bowls for the first QB involved the Cowboys so now I know you know who it is.
TechDawgMc
Assassin said:

Do the Cowboys regret these 5 decisions?

I think Elliot cost too much and depends too heavily on a quality O-Line. Smith -- I'm not sure how much he costs or what exactly was the problem this year (coaching?) so not certain. I'm not crazy about the McCarthy hire--seems like wrong guy for this team.

OTOH, Dak is a wash; depends on what happens in the future. CeeDee was a steal.
TechDawgMc
BearForce said:

It was nicely symmetrical since the other two who had started for two different teams were a NFC twice guy and an AFC twice guy.
TechDawgMc
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Both Super Bowls for the first QB involved the Cowboys so now I know you know who it is.
Until Jerry came along, he was my least favorite Cowboys QB. Well, maybe not below Hogeboom.
BearForce
TechDawgMc said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Until Jerry came along, he was my least favorite Cowboys QB. Well, maybe not below Hogeboom.

Steve Pueller bro....LOL
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

TechDawgMc said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Steve Pueller bro....LOL
Don't remember him at all.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

TechDawgMc said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Steve Pueller bro....LOL

After Danny White got injured in 85
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

TechDawgMc said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Steve Pueller bro....LOL

still don't remember him
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

TechDawgMc said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Steve Pueller bro....LOL

still don't remember him

I like to feel that way too...if it helps he was Landry's last QB too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Pelluer
BearForce
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

So for those wondering it was Craig Morton

Lost to Baltimore as Dallas QB

Lost to Dallas as Denver QB
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I remember him Ha
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I remember him Ha

I figured you would but figured Assassin would know immediately with the hint about the Cowboys being involved in both Super Bowls.
Stemperford
Franko said:

Assassin said:

I don't think there is a player I am more excited to watch this year than Jaylon. I think he is going to be a beast. Or his leg will fall off.
that applies to me as well
TechDawgMc
BearForce said:

TechDawgMc said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Steve Pueller bro....LOL
Heh. Yeah he was pretty bad as well.

Made me think -- there was one other guy during the Pueller/Hogeboom years. He QB'd during the strike and then he got one start. I was actually at that game. It was against Minnesota. They utterly destroyed us. Sweeney? Seems like they made "Sweeney beanies" for the game. His first and last start.
BearForce
TechDawgMc said:

BearForce said:

TechDawgMc said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Steve Pueller bro....LOL
Heh. Yeah he was pretty bad as well.

Made me think -- there was one other guy during the Pueller/Hogeboom years. He QB'd during the strike and then he got one start. I was actually at that game. It was against Minnesota. They utterly destroyed us. Sweeney? Seems like they made "Sweeney beanies" for the game. His first and last start.
This guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Sweeney_(American_football)#Dallas_Cowboys

GoldMind
Just want to be good again. Figure it out.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
It's been a little while since we had a mock draft so...this time I used PFF just to be different

trey3216
BearForce said:

It's been a little while since we had a mock draft so...this time I used PFF just to be different

I've seen some film on Richie Grant. I like
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Assassin
Assassin
ouch...

Wichitabear
Assassin said:

ouch...

I just don't understand how this team is such a complete mess! Awful.
Assassin
By a nose, its Fairley!
BearForce
Assassin said:

By a nose, its Fairley!

I would have to agree that if Farley is there you take him unless somehow him, Surtain, and Horn are all still on the board, in which case to trade down a few spot and still get one of the three.
Assassin
StartleGram note on kids Cowboys could be looking at in the Senior Bowl.... would be pretty happy picking up 2 of these

Here are five players the Cowboys might be looking at:

Ohio State LB Baron Browning

The Kennedale native could come home as a potential three-down player. He can rush and cover. He led the Buckeyes in tackles in 2020 and he had a sack in the CFP Championship game against Alabama. The Cowboys have concerns at linebacker with Jaylon Smith's declining play and Leighton Vander Esch's injuries. Browning is considered a Day 2 prospect.

Florida State DT Marvin Wilson

Wilson was viewed as the top player at his position coming into the 2020 season, but he has slipped down many draft boards due to injuries and the emergence of other players. He remains a top prospect who can stop the run and get to the quarterback, and the Cowboys sure need dominance at tackle. Wilson will not be on the board after the second round.

Central Florida S Richie Grant

The Cowboys must finally invest in the safety position and Grant is an intriguing prospect who has the skill set to be an ideal free safety. Grant had 10 interceptions and five forced fumbles in college. He has the size, range, athleticism to make plays all over the field. He can be a true centerfielder for the Cowboys.

Washington DT Levi Onwuzurike

Onwuzurike is a late first-round prospect who opted out of the 2020 season due to COVID-19. At 6-3, 293 pounds, he is an explosive athlete who has a high ceiling as an under tackle in the 4-3 defense. The Cowboys need to improve their interior pass rush to go with ends DeMarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory.

Syracuse CB Ifeatu Melinfonwu

If the Cowboys don't pick a cornerback at No. 10, Melinfonwu could be a fallback option. New defensive coordinator Dan Quinn likes big, long cornerbacks and, at 6-3, 213 pounds, Melinfonwu fits the mold. He is athletic and physical. He would make a nice pairing with 2020 rookie sensation Trevon Diggs.
Assassin
Matt Miller - hypothetical, Dak + 10 for deshaun Watson?

Deshaun Watson signed a 4 year, $156,000,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $27,000,000 signing bonus, $110,717,123 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $39,000,000. In 2021, Watson will earn a base salary of $10,540,000, while carrying a cap hit of $15,940,000 and a dead cap value of $67,140,000.

=================

Assassin
BtB pick for Dallas:

Hamsah Nasirildeen, S, Florida State
Secondary help will be at the top of the Dallas Cowboys' needs this offseason, particularly in the NFL draft. Even after they took Trevon Diggs in the second round last year, more help is needed.
The Cowboys gave up 29.6 points per game this season, and the lack of playmakers in the secondary was a big reason. An impact safety who can make plays in coverage while still helping in run support would give the defense a much-needed spark.
Perhaps no safety in this year's draft has the athletic profile Hamsah Nasirildeen possesses. He has great size for the position at 6'3" and 213 pounds, which allows him to be a versatile chess piece for more creative defensive coordinators.
Nasirildeen has great click-and-close ability to plug up rushing lanes or make contact with receivers at the point of the catch. His length and speed make him an ideal matchup in man coverage with even the most athletic tight ends.
He isn't certain to be a reliable deep safety at the next level, but his size, athleticism and versatility inside the box make him the kind of playmaker the Cowboys could use on their defense.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Matt Miller - hypothetical, Dak + 10 for deshaun Watson?

Deshaun Watson signed a 4 year, $156,000,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $27,000,000 signing bonus, $110,717,123 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $39,000,000. In 2021, Watson will earn a base salary of $10,540,000, while carrying a cap hit of $15,940,000 and a dead cap value of $67,140,000.

=================

Dak has to agree to sign...i doubt it
First Page Last Page
Page 538 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.