Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,111 Views | 29569 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Assassin
GoldMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Wonder if the Bills might eat part of Dareus massive contract ($16 mil per over next three years) if we take himm off their hands
Is the juice worth the squeeze?
Good question. When the guy is playing, he is one of the top DTs out there. On the other hand, he has had had a massive suspension and all sorts of morality issues.

If he's producing, I'll take him.
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

Wonder if the Bills might eat part of Dareus massive contract ($16 mil per over next three years) if we take himm off their hands
Good question. When the guy is playing, he is one of the top DTs out there. On the other hand, he has had had a massive suspension and all sorts of morality issues.
He's got a little Greg Hardy in him. both in morals and talent. its a mixed bag
BearForce
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

He's got a little Greg Hardy in him. both in morals and talent. its a mixed bag of poo

FIFY
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

He's got a little Greg Hardy in him. both in morals and talent. its a mixed bag of poo

FIFY
ouch...
GoldMind
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Assassin said:

He's got a little Greg Hardy in him. both in morals and talent. its a mixed bag

And not to mention the sting of costing me $500 in the national championship.
Gust Avrakotos
Assassin said:

Cowboys Randy Gregory Working 'To Turn Life Around'
October 24, 2017 10:09 AM By Mike Fisher

FRISCO (105.3 THE FAN) A source close to suspended Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory says he's "successfully working at turning his life around," but that work does not come with any guarantees of an NFL future.

As we've reported at 105.3 The Fan, Gregory currently serving a suspension of at least one year for a series of NFL substance abuse policy violations is eligible to apply for league reinstatement on Nov. 6. I'm told that it's not a guarantee that he will take that action just yet, though a return to football is certainly a goal.

Bigger than football, though is Gregory learning coping skills as a citizen. He's doing that, I'm told, with a non-football job that occupies his time and gives him structure in addition to his workouts.

The NFL is not clear on when Gregory might play again if he's ever reinstated. This postseason is a possibility, though despite his talents Gregory was considered a blue-chip prospect in the 2015 draft but fell to become Dallas' second-round pick due to the drug and behavioral issues it's difficult to envision him becoming an elite pass-rusher after having spent a year away from football.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones addressed the issue Tuesday on 105.3 The Fan's Shan and RJ show.

"I wouldn't get into what we're going to do there and what he's going to do there," Jones said. "But I do know that as we move forward with the league relative to how we handle a situation like Randy Gregory, his opportunity to play will get better and better. He's, I think, the classic case of potentially what we ought to consider when we're looking at some of our substance issues. I'm just going to hold it at that. I don't want to speculate on whether he'll be on the field for us here at that time or not."

Jones is an advocate of NFL reform regarding marijuana use, and while he's right about Gregory serving as a possible "test case," again Randy Gregory's priority right now shouldn't be about being a football player; it should be about being a citizen.

Mike Fisher is an award-winning newspaper journalist, the author of two regional best-selling books (with forwards written by Jerry Jones and Troy Aikman), a popular public speaker and a radio-and-TV personality with 20 years of experience...
BearForce deserves some kudos for predicting this meltdown. While the rest of us were calling the Gregory pick a steal...BF knew the truth.

Hat's off to you BF...wish you had some actual input into the draft. You probably could have helped us avoid Gregory and Chaz Green.
Gust Avrakotos
Cowboys Fans...Is it too early to be concerned about Taco Charlton? Not seeing much if anything from that guy.

Gust
Assassin
good for Zeke. Bad for the Skins
========================
The Redskins are expected to place ILB Mason Foster on injured reserve with a torn labrum. Foster played through the injury for as long as he could but is now opting for season-ending surgery. With Foster done for the year, Will Compton and Martrell Spaight will fill in at inside linebacker. Foster's loss is significant with Zeke Elliott coming to town. He was an every-down player in Washington's defense.
Assassin
NFL Network's Jane Slater reports Josh Norman (ribs) is expected to be "good to go" Week 8 against the Cowboys. Norman missed two games and had a bye week mixed in as he dealt with a broken rib and lung issue. He's been practicing the past two weeks and looks likely to be back to face Dez Bryant on Sunday afternoon. It'll be a big boost to the Skins' secondary, but not enough to avoid Bryant or Dak Prescott.
GoldMind
I'm taking Americas Team to cover this weekend. I can feel it.
Assassin
GoldMind said:

I'm taking Americas Team to cover this weekend. I can feel it.
Any time we beat the Skins, its a great day!
BearForce
Gust Avrakotos said:

Assassin said:

Cowboys Randy Gregory Working 'To Turn Life Around'
October 24, 2017 10:09 AM By Mike Fisher

FRISCO (105.3 THE FAN) A source close to suspended Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory says he's "successfully working at turning his life around," but that work does not come with any guarantees of an NFL future.

As we've reported at 105.3 The Fan, Gregory currently serving a suspension of at least one year for a series of NFL substance abuse policy violations is eligible to apply for league reinstatement on Nov. 6. I'm told that it's not a guarantee that he will take that action just yet, though a return to football is certainly a goal.

Bigger than football, though is Gregory learning coping skills as a citizen. He's doing that, I'm told, with a non-football job that occupies his time and gives him structure in addition to his workouts.

The NFL is not clear on when Gregory might play again if he's ever reinstated. This postseason is a possibility, though despite his talents Gregory was considered a blue-chip prospect in the 2015 draft but fell to become Dallas' second-round pick due to the drug and behavioral issues it's difficult to envision him becoming an elite pass-rusher after having spent a year away from football.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones addressed the issue Tuesday on 105.3 The Fan's Shan and RJ show.

"I wouldn't get into what we're going to do there and what he's going to do there," Jones said. "But I do know that as we move forward with the league relative to how we handle a situation like Randy Gregory, his opportunity to play will get better and better. He's, I think, the classic case of potentially what we ought to consider when we're looking at some of our substance issues. I'm just going to hold it at that. I don't want to speculate on whether he'll be on the field for us here at that time or not."

Jones is an advocate of NFL reform regarding marijuana use, and while he's right about Gregory serving as a possible "test case," again Randy Gregory's priority right now shouldn't be about being a football player; it should be about being a citizen.

Mike Fisher is an award-winning newspaper journalist, the author of two regional best-selling books (with forwards written by Jerry Jones and Troy Aikman), a popular public speaker and a radio-and-TV personality with 20 years of experience...
BearForce deserves some kudos for predicting this meltdown. While the rest of us were calling the Gregory pick a steal...BF knew the truth.

Hat's off to you BF...wish you had some actual input into the draft. You probably could have helped us avoid Gregory and Chaz Green.

Thanks Gust...i rather be eating crow with them proving me wrong. Hopefully we have learned from the Gregory experience to know we are not Club Rehab.
BearForce
Gust Avrakotos said:

Cowboys Fans...Is it too early to be concerned about Taco Charlton? Not seeing much if anything from that guy.

Gust

Nope...its a fair question especially given TJ Watt's performance so far.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

========================
The Redskins are expected to place ILB Mason Foster on injured reserve with a torn labrum. Foster played through the injury for as long as he could but is now opting for season-ending surgery. With Foster done for the year, Will Compton and Martrell Spaight will fill in at inside linebacker. Foster's loss is significant with Zeke Elliott coming to town. He was an every-down player in Washington's defense.
Good. Sorry their hurt but couldn't have happened to a nicer team. lolol
Assassin
D. C. Bear said:

Any reports on Rico's condition?
Saw Broadus tweeted earlier that it wasnt just a concussion, also Jaw and Neck contact.
============
I had another player jerk my facemask sideways when I was a freshman in HS. Still hurts like the dickens at times half a century later
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

========================
Good. Sorry their hurt but couldn't have happened to a nicer team. lolol
Assassin
dang...

Buffalo is trading DT Marcell Dareus to Jacksonville, sources tell ESPN. Dareus being reunited with HC Doug Marrone.
BearForce
Assassin said:

dang...

Buffalo is trading DT Marcell Dareus to Jacksonville, sources tell ESPN. Dareus being reunited with HC Doug Marrone.

Jags making a playoff run..makes sense.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

dang...

Jags making a playoff run..makes sense.
If they only had an offense
Assassin
Dareus has some big cap #s, but a significant amount of it ($6.4M each in '17-18 and $1.4M in '20) is signing bonus and stays w/ JAX. Essentially JAX has Dareus for 2 yrs and about $13-14M total, and yr to yr after that.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

D. C. Bear said:

Saw Broadus tweeted earlier that it wasnt just a concussion, also Jaw and Neck contact.
============
I had another player jerk my facemask sideways when I was a freshman in HS. Still hurts like the dickens at times half a century later
you are so old assassin
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

D. C. Bear said:

============
you are so old assassin
I am indeed
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

D. C. Bear said:

============
you are so old assassin
I am indeed
lol, not
Assassin
Up until now I hadnt heard anything about Rico's jaw and neck. The neck thing could be on-going over his career
Assassin
Skins are really in bad shape;

Redskins signed OG Orlando Franklin. They also added OG Arie Kouandjio off Baltimore's practice squad. A six -year starter, Franklin has been out of the league since his release from the Saints in August. Washington is adding needed depth with LT Trent Williams (knee), RT Morgan Moses (ankle), and OG Brandon Scherff (back) all questionable.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BaylorProud77
Speaking of bad shape, our bears. So horrible on fan board today. Don't think I can be on it for awhile.
Our cowboys need to win.
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

speaking of bad shape, our bears.So horrible on fan board today. Don't think I can be on it for awhile.
Our cowboys need to win.
Yep. I expected a rebuilding year. We simply lost too much in the way of our signees and of course injuries. Unless we can get some OL and DL next year, could be more of the same
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

BaylorProud77 said:

speaking of bad shape, our bears.So horrible on fan board today. Don't think I can be on it for awhile.
Our cowboys need to win.
Yep. I expected a rebuilding year. We simply lost too much in the way of our signees and of course injuries. Unless we can get some OL and DL next year, could be more of the same
omg.
Assassin
Cowboys have scored 28, 30, 31 and 40 points in their past four games, an average of 32.3 points per game.

Dak Prescott has thrown three touchdown passes in three consecutive games, something only Don Meredith and Tony Romo have accomplished in Cowboys history.

Ezekiel Elliott has now has rushed for 232 yards in the past five quarters, which doesn't even include that 72-yard touchdown scamper on a screen pass against San Francisco. Keep feeding the guy.

Dez Bryant leads the team with four touchdown receptions on pace for 11 needing one more to eclipse Bob Hayes' franchise career mark of 71. And think about that, the fact this record has stood since 1974, for 43 years now, causing even Dez to say, "Man, that's a long time."

This offense has piled up more than 400 yards of total offense in the past four games.

Their third-down conversion percentage, woefully lacking early in the season, has jumped to 45.3 percent, fifth in the NFL.

Their red zone efficiency scoring touchdowns ranks second in the NFL (66.7 percent) thanks to scoring TDs on 14 of their last 17 trips inside the 20.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

Cowboys have scored 28, 30, 31 and 40 points in their past four games, an average of 32.3 points per game.

Dak Prescott has thrown three touchdown passes in three consecutive games, something only Don Meredith and Tony Romo have accomplished in Cowboys history.

Ezekiel Elliott has now has rushed for 232 yards in the past five quarters, which doesn't even include that 72-yard touchdown scamper on a screen pass against San Francisco. Keep feeding the guy.

Dez Bryant leads the team with four touchdown receptions on pace for 11 needing one more to eclipse Bob Hayes' franchise career mark of 71. And think about that, the fact this record has stood since 1974, for 43 years now, causing even Dez to say, "Man, that's a long time."

This offense has piled up more than 400 yards of total offense in the past four games.

Their third-down conversion percentage, woefully lacking early in the season, has jumped to 45.3 percent, fifth in the NFL.

Their red zone efficiency scoring touchdowns ranks second in the NFL (66.7 percent) thanks to scoring TDs on 14 of their last 17 trips inside the 20.
We got this. Go Cowboys!!!!!
Assassin
Back in a bit.

why do folks always wait for the last minute to do stuff?
Assassin
Cowboys inactives: RB Darren McFadden, TE Blake Jarwin, OL Byron Bell, LB Justin Durant, LB Justin March-Lillard,CB Chidobe Awuzie, K Dan Bailey
BaylorProud77
Crap, I hope this isn't going to be how our day goes!
Assassin
zeke, gotta lock up that ball..

Skins go nowhere with a easter egg gift. 3-0
BaylorProud77
ok Witten
First Page Last Page
Page 55 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.