Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,089,372 Views | 29560 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by trumpetbear
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

One of the top three cornerbacks in this year's NFL Draft - all three candidates to be taken by Dallas at No. 10 - is undergoing back surgery and will therefore miss his Pro Day, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus.

Caleb Farley will miss the workouts with other Virginia Tech as on Tuesday he will have a microdiscectomy. This is not considered a "major'' surgery, with the likely recovery time of six weeks. But that doesn't mean it is easy to predict how it might impact Farley's status as he is in the mix with Patrick Surtain and Jaycee Horn as the top corner in this class.
====
btw - I've had several discectomy's. Mine were mostly day surgerys. They clip the edge of disks protruding between two bones.

Post op impacts?
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

One of the top three cornerbacks in this year's NFL Draft - all three candidates to be taken by Dallas at No. 10 - is undergoing back surgery and will therefore miss his Pro Day, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus.

Caleb Farley will miss the workouts with other Virginia Tech as on Tuesday he will have a microdiscectomy. This is not considered a "major'' surgery, with the likely recovery time of six weeks. But that doesn't mean it is easy to predict how it might impact Farley's status as he is in the mix with Patrick Surtain and Jaycee Horn as the top corner in this class.
====
btw - I've had several discectomy's. Mine were mostly day surgerys. They clip the edge of disks protruding between two bones.

Post op impacts?
That's what I want to
know. Not sure playing football again could be the best decision.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

====
Post op impacts?
Could mean someone jumps us to take Surtrain, instead of Farley.

As far as impact on what he does, no two back ops are the same. With that said, a discectomy is relatively minor. But it lessens the distance between the bones up and down your back. Less cushioning when impacted.

The Docs will certainly take a looksee

Add - plenty of athletes have had these with no effect on playing preforrmance
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

====
Post op impacts?

As far as impact on what he does, no two back ops are the same. With that said, a discectomy is relatively minor. But it lessens the distance between the bones up and down your back. Less cushioning when impacted.

I just can't get myself excited about Surtain. He is definitely a solid and probably safest pick of the first round CBs but man do I like Horn's swagger and up in your face press man coverage.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

====
Post op impacts?

I just can't get myself excited about Surtain. He is definitely a solid and probably safest pick of the first round CBs but man do I like Horn's swagger and up in your face press man coverage.

me too, plus you could trade back 2-4 spots and still get him I think
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
btw - we are gonna need some shutdown corners since NY went shopping. Golladay and Burress. If Jones can get it to em tthat is
BearForce
Assassin said:

btw - we are gonna need some shutdown corners since NY went shopping. Golladay and Burress. If Jones can get it to em tthat is

If we came away with our first four picks with CB, S, DT, and CB I would be just fine and dandy.
Wichitabear
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

====

Post op impacts?
That's what I want to
lololol, oh I think I misunderstood. Lolol. I'll just crawl back under my rock. Lol
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

====

Post op impacts?
That's what I want to
lololol, oh I think I misunderstood. Lolol. I'll just crawl back under my rock. Lol

You are just fine to leave that rock behind
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

====

Post op impacts?
That's what I want to

You are just fine to leave that rock behind
sweet, thank you.
Assassin
If you had to choose one... ?

I am going with Rob Phillips with Helman's a close second
BearForce
Assassin said:

I have issues with both but if you have any doubt about T. Smith or L. Collins then Youmans, otherwise Phillips, though getting Bolton in the second round makes me really pause about not going Eatman
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I have issues with both but if you have any doubt about T. Smith or L. Collins then Youmans, otherwise Phillips, though getting Bolton in the second round makes me really pause about not going Eatman

I have doubts about OT but more doubts at CB. Would not be against doubling up at CB, 1. 2. Unless we make a move in FA, the cupboard is bare. Lewis is rotational at best I think
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I have doubts about OT but more doubts at CB. Would not be against doubling up at CB, 1. 2. Unless we make a move in FA, the cupboard is bare. Lewis is rotational at best I think
Well maybe now, with Farley's injury, you trade down say to 15 with NE (and hopefully get a 2d round pick), take Horn in Rd1 and then take Farley and safety or DT in round 2.
trey3216
Supposedly, Surtain just ran a sub 4.5 at Bama Pro Day. That'll get interest peaking.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BearForce
trey3216 said:

Supposedly, Surtain just ran a sub 4.5 at Bama Pro Day. That'll get interest peaking.

Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Well maybe now, with Farley's injury, you trade down say to 15 with NE (and hopefully get a 2d round pick), take Horn in Rd1 and then take Farley and safety or DT in round 2.

The only concern would be some team knowing that we traded back to do this and jump ahead of us to take Horn or a slightly injured Farley. There's a bit of a break before Ifeatu Melifonwu and Elijah Moden or maybe Asante Samuel/Tyson Campbell. Lots of moving parts
Assassin
Assassin
Gerald McCoy working out at EXOS gym in Dallas
Assassin
Assassin
DC.com

Surtain underwent his first official measurements and public workout at his team facility, and the numbers were overwhelmingly positive. Standing at 6'0, 208 pounds, he posted a 39-inch vertical and a 10-foot, nine-inch broad jump.

The few questions surrounding Surtain have all been more about his speed than his athleticism, though and he likely put some of that to rest, as well. While it's important to note that Pro Day 40-yard dashes aren't laser times, Surtain was still clocked as well as 4.42 and 4.45 on his two 40 attempts. It won't be the fastest time in this draft class, but it also doesn't need to be.

The Cowboys did re-sign Jourdan Lewis to a three-year deal last week, but this is a secondary in needed of some added talent. Patrick Surtain II offers them an excellent opportunity to do so with their 10th overall pick. If there was any doubt of that before Tuesday's workout, there shouldn't be now.

To no surprise, Surtain wasn't the only Alabama standout turning heads. The Crimson Tide have a few players who could go in the first round, and perhaps even before No. 10. Heisman Trophy winner DeVonta Smith and fellow WR Jaylen Waddle were both in attendance. Quarterback Mac Jones, DT Christian Barmore, RB Najee Harris, along with OL Alex Leatherwood and LB Dylan Moses were all on the field for Bama.
Assassin
this is why we need CBs, at least one shutdown. And NY has two #1 type WRs

Assassin
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

The only concern would be some team knowing that we traded back to do this and jump ahead of us to take Horn or a slightly injured Farley. There's a bit of a break before Ifeatu Melifonwu and Elijah Moden or maybe Asante Samuel/Tyson Campbell. Lots of moving parts
That is a danger for sure but I don't know how many folks are going to be trading up for CB at this point and if by chance it does happen the I bet someone like Barmore is there as a nice consolation prize.
BearForce
Assassin said:

this is why we need CBs, at least one shutdown. And NY has two #1 type WRs

Assassin
Seems like most of the talk is Neal to Will. If they do that, we still need two Ss
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Farley missed the final two games of 2019 with a back injury that required offseason surgery.
Assassin
There goes a backup QB - Joe Flacco signed with Philadelphia on Tuesday, per his agent, taking another experienced name off the board. According to Adam Kaplan, Flacco's deal is worth $3.5 million guaranteed with incentives up to $7.5 million.
Assassin
Everson Griffen still a FA. Think we could sign him and trade him for another draft pick?
BearForce
Assassin said:

Seems like most of the talk is Neal to Will. If they do that, we still need two Ss

I think Wilson is your SS
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Farley missed the final two games of 2019 with a back injury that required offseason surgery.

Yep this is surgery #2
Assassin
Cowboys bringing in S Jayron Kearse. 4 years with Minnesota and 1 with Detroit
BearForce
Assassin
Cowboys have told Aldon Smith that they will not be re-signing him, per @WerderEdESPN
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Cowboys have told Aldon Smith that they will not be re-signing him, per @WerderEdESPN
oh.
First Page Last Page
Page 553 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.