Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,050,924 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No more QBs rated until the last couple of rounds
BearForce
Assassin said:

Dam, there goes Davis Mills to Texans.

I know, oh well I guess we will have to draft guys who will actually play for us.
Bexar Pitts
Assassin said:

If you were Mills, would you really want to go play behind that offensive line?
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I know, oh well I guess we will have to draft guys who will actually play for us.
Concerned about Dak's wheels, speaking from several experiences, they are never quite the same. Who is the backup/ Gilbert? DiNuccci?
Assassin
Bexar Pitts said:

Assassin said:

Houston has to be concerned with all the legal hassles their QB appears to be in right now
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Concerned about Dak's wheels, speaking from several experiences, they are never quite the same. Who is the backup/ Gilbert? DiNuccci?

Gilbert
Assassin
Nice OLB/DE Ossai from UT to the Bengals. Would have been a nice ad
Bexar Pitts
Assassin said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Assassin said:

Houston has to be concerned with all the legal hassles their QB appears to be in right now
Absolutely, he's got the new indoor record for lawsuits. I have no doubt Texans want/need a QB..I just don't know if a great young QB wants the Texans,
Assassin
Bexar Pitts said:

Assassin said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Assassin said:

Absolutely, he's got the new indoor record for lawsuits. I have no doubt Texans want/need a QB..I just don't know if a great young QB wants the Texans,
cant argue with that. They are rivaling the Washington Unknowns Football Team for the worst run organization
BearForce
Assassin said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Assassin said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Assassin said:

cant argue with that. They are rivaling the Washington Unknowns Football Team for the worst run organization

Nah, they are way past them now
BearForce
Hated to see McNeil go off the board. Detroit got their Snacks Harrison 2.0
Assassin
Molden, Ronnie Perkins, Melifnou, McNeil (my want)
BearForce
Milton Williams is a good pick by Philly...a DT run is on so we better get one now I guess.
Assassin
Assassin said:

crap! Mcneil goes
BearForce
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

crap! Mcneil goes

We got one....just wait
Assassin
Hamsah Nasirildeen or Jamar Johnson, both Ss
BearForce
Assassin said:

Hamsah Nasirildeen or Jamar Johnson, both Ss

Nope...Mr O, the DT from UCLA
Assassin
dont know much about this guy

Osa Odighizuwa NFL Draft Profile
  • Position: Defensive Tackle
  • School: UCLA
  • Current Year: Redshirt Senior
  • Height: 6'1 5/8
  • Weight: 282 pounds
  • Wingspan: 84
  • Arm: 34 1/8
  • Hand: 10 6/8

Tony Pauline's Osa Odighizuwa Scouting Report
Positives: Three-year starter who also saw significant action as a reserve during his freshman season. Explosive, hard-charging defensive lineman who makes plays in every area of the field. Fires off the snap with an incredible first step, is rarely off his feet, and plays with tremendous pad level. Intense, effectively uses his hands and knocks back blockers with great punch.
Explodes through the gaps upfield, quickly changes direction or alters his angle of attack, and possesses a closing burst. Stays with assignments and does more than pin back his ears and rush up the field. Plays with a nasty attitude and always looks to make plays.
Featured | NFL Draft Prospects 2021: Pauline's updated big board, player rankings
Negatives: Lacks bulk and gets controlled at the point of attack by a single blocker. May not have much growth potential.
Analysis: Odighizuwa was an explosive defensive lineman for the Bruins, but may not have a true position at the next level. He could project as a three-technique tackle or defensive end in a four-man front, although he'll have to improve his strength at the point to develop into a starter on Sundays.
Osa Odighizuwa Player Profile
Osa Odighizuwa's upside was apparent early. His older brother was a third-round pick for the New York Giants in 2015, and Osa shared his potential. Not only was the younger Odighizuwa a three-time state champion in wrestling, but he also had some of the best athletic numbers in the 2016 recruiting class. Odighizuwa had one of the fastest 40-yard dash times among defensive linemen. He also had the best vertical jump at his position.
That's why it was somewhat surprising to see Odighizuwa listed as a mere three-star prospect. His size likely played a role. Standing at 6-foot-2, 257 pounds, Odighizuwa was noticeably undersized for an aspiring D-I defensive lineman. Still, Odighizuwa managed to get an offer to play at the Pac-12 level from the UCLA Bruins, the same school at which his older brother had played. The defensive tackle accepted, and started his career at UCLA.
Osa Odighizuwa's career as a UCLA defensive tackle
Odighizuwa's chance would come. But first, the UCLA defensive tackle needed to add weight and prepare himself for the collegiate level. Odighizuwa redshirted his first season with the Bruins, taking the opportunity to build his frame. In 2017, he reached the field as a reserve defensive lineman and flashed. Playing in all 13 games, he logged 15 total tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, one sack, one forced fumble, and a fumble recovery for a touchdown.
Odighizuwa's early success earned him an increased role in 2018. He started eight of 11 possible games that year. In the process, the UCLA defensive tackle registered 29 total tackles, 6.0 tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks, 2 deflections, and a forced fumble. In 2019, Odighizuwa became a full-time starter, and he reaped the benefits of his opportunity. Over 12 games, he proved to be a stalwart on the defensive line, amassing 46 tackles, 10.0 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, and a deflection.

Odighizuwa's performance in the 2020 season
Initially, there was uncertainty surrounding the 2020 Pac-12 season. However, Osa Odighizuwa ended up playing anyway, and he benefitted as a result. The UCLA defensive tackle earned a career-high in sacks with 4.0. He also put up 30 tackles, 6.0 tackles for loss, and a deflection, all in just seven games.
For his production, Odighizuwa earned first-team All-Pac-12 honors for the first time in his career. He also earned an invite to the Reese's Senior Bowl in January of 2021. There, he was able to keep following the path of his brother, one that should lead to the NFL.
Analyzing Osa Odighizuwa's NFL Draft profile
The physical tools are exciting with Osa Odighizuwa. Although he's only around 6-foot-2, 282 pounds, he's incredibly dense, and he's also a near-elite athlete for a defensive lineman. Odighizuwa made the 2020 Feldman's Freaks list, on which he was documented to have the following skills: "Squatted more than 700 pounds, benches more than 420, has a 32-inch vertical, 15-percent body fat and has eclipsed 20 mph on his GPS."
Odighizuwa is an athletic nightmare for some interior linemen, and his numbers check out on tape. The UCLA defensive tackle has excellent explosiveness off the line. He can also carry that through gaps in the line as he rushes. Additionally, Odighizuwa has the lateral athleticism to shift around when taking on blockers. This can help him divert lanes as a pass rusher and emerge in front of ball carriers in run defense.
Featured | Valdovinos' 3-round 2021 NFL Mock Draft
Odighizuwa's size may seem underwhelming on the surface, but don't let that fool you. Despite his below-average height measurement, he has uncharacteristically long arms for his height. Odighizuwa uses his elite proportional length to his advantage as well.
His hands can be extremely violent on pass-rushing reps, and he also uses his length to disrupt passers and establish leverage. Being a three-time state wrestling champion at the high school level, the UCLA defensive tackle has an innate understanding of leverage and how to win in those one-on-one situations.
Where can Osa Odighizuwa improve?
Osa Odighizuwa is an amped-up athlete with a lot of potential energy in his frame. His physical makeup gives him enticing potential as a pass rusher, while also providing utility as a run defender. That said, there are a few areas where Odighizuwa is currently lacking.
Odighizuwa has some decent flexibility when working inside, but he doesn't always play with great balance or bend. Sometimes, it doesn't take much for him to lose his base, and working against taller, longer linemen can exacerbate this issue.
As mentioned earlier, Odighizuwa's length is respectable for his size and solid overall. But by the law of general proportionality, offensive linemen who are 6-foot-5 and 6-foot-6 are often going to have comparable, or even better, length than the UCLA defensive tackle. In those situations, he isn't quite there yet, as it pertains to establishing an advantage and disengaging consistently.
Additionally, Odighizuwa has instances where he gives up too much surface area swimming inside. He can also do a better job transferring power through his length and leverage on pass rushing reps. His flashes prove that he has the natural power and capacity to accomplish this. However, not all of the UCLA defensive tackle's hand strikes land conclusively. He still needs to work on his precision and technical proficiency at the next level.

Senior Bowl Performance
It was exciting to see Osa Odighizuwa's unique physical skill set in action at the Senior Bowl. And for the most part, he was as electric as advertised on the line. Here's more on Odighizuwa from my summary of his practice performance, via PFN's National Team Practice Report.
Quote:

"Osa Odighizuwa had a good Senior Bowl week overall based on my National Team practice reports. After his excellent debut, I expected him to maintain more of a presence throughout the week. Instead, his consistency waned, and he struggled to beat linemen who beat him to the punch at the line. Odighizuwa can do a better job targeting weak spots with his length, but his enticing combination of explosiveness, density, and leverage was very much on display in Mobile. Odighizuwa is likely a safe Day 2 prospect in this class."
Osa Odighizuwa's best fits in the 2021 NFL Draft
There is some room for polish with Osa Odighizuwa, but he's still a high-upside NFL Draft prospect with a surprisingly solid floor. The UCLA defensive tackle brings explosiveness, energy, and power. He also has the length to channel that power in both run and pass defense adequately.
Odighizuwa's smaller frame may give him trouble against longer tackles, but his lower base also gives him a competitive advantage. You might've heard the saying "low man wins" when discussing the interior line. Getting lower than your opponent gives you more leverage, and Odighizuwa has the size to maintain the upper or lower hand in that department. He's relatively low and compact, and yet he still has the necessary length to win.
Where does Odighizuwa align schematically?
Odighizuwa has a ton of upside. In this defensive line class, that shouldn't go overlooked. Christian Barmore likely pulled away as DT1 with his late-season performance. However, Odighizuwa should be one of several battling for the spots behind him.
Odighizuwa is a solid Day 2 pick on my board. However, he'll likely trickle into Day 3 territory. He projects well as a 4-3 defensive tackle, but he could fill in as a 3-4 defensive end as well. For teams like the Browns, Vikings, and Jaguars, the UCLA defensive tackle could be an excellent value addition.
Odighizuwa has some immediate utility with his pass-rushing ability. However, he also brings substantial long-term potential with his physical tools. In a defensive line class that's fairly uncertain, scouts should jump at that combination. The UCLA defensive tackle further cemented his appeal with a solid showing at the Senior Bowl and good offseason testing. So long as he holds up his end of the bargain, he's a versatile starter in waiting.
Assassin
on the clock
BearForce
Gholston DE Iowa
Assassin
Chaunce Golston, DE from Iowa
Assassin
2021 NFL DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT: EDGE CHAUNCEY GOLSTON
BY: KYLE CRABBS JANUARY 14TH, 2021 THE DRAFT NETWORK

PROSPECT SUMMARY CHAUNCEY GOLSTON
Iowa EDGE Chauncey Golston projects as an early-down defender at the NFL level. Golston's best flashes come as a playside defensive end who sifts through trash and bullies tight ends and tackles with outside-in leverage to set a firm edge and turn runs back into pursuit. On passing downs, his best penetration comes kicked inside or when he's asked to stunt and twist to crash into gaps. There's not a lot of excitement for his ceiling as a pass rusher despite Golston's prototypical length for the positionwhich puts a significant glass ceiling over his forecast in the NFL. In all, Golston is a high-motor defender and the perfect early-down rotational player who can help keep your defensive front fresh and winning the point of attack against the run; but I don't easily foresee a featured role or the development required to become a successful pass rusher in the NFL.

Ideal Role: Early-down rotational defender.

Scheme Fit: Base 4-3 defensive end.

FILM EVALUATION
Written by: Kyle Crabbs

Games watched: Michigan (2019), USC (2019), Purdue (2020), Michigan State (2020)

Best Game Studied: Michigan State (2020)

Worst Game Studied: Michigan (2019)

First-Step Explosiveness: When he loads weight onto his front hand, he actually does offer a fair amount of spring and can shoot gapsI really liked how he crashed and slanted into gaps to get hip to hip and then push through lateral contact. He was more of a slow burn athlete when charged with reading mesh point or coming out of a two-point stance; his raw athleticism ceiling seems to only be modest.

Flexibility: Consistency in cornering is not super high and he didn't flash a lot of surface reduction on his challenges off the edge. As a result, he's best in tight alignments and trying to shoot gaps. His cornering and ability to create soft angles in pursuit is not a standout traithe's very linear and requires hard angle adjustments to adjust to the ball-carrier on the move.

Hand Counters: Tale of two kinds of reps: pass rush counters and P.O.A. counters. In the run game, he's chucked and tossed blockers around with a fair amount of success, especially in the 2020 games studied. He's attentive to weight distribution and understands how to use his hands to manipulate a block and uncover to challenge the run. Against the pass, he's overly non-imaginative and slow to implement his shedding techniques.

Length: Golston measured in with impressive length at the 2021 Reese's Senior Bowl, but he doesn't play to the length he's been genetically gifted on the football field. He's too often in close quarters and chest to chest with blockers and he doesn't flash his hands to force punches with consistency; instead choosing to simply attack gaps and hope to run through contact.

Hand Power: He doesn't appear to have a great deal of upper-body strength, but he is pretty savvy with pulling blockers off their set. His strike zone is modest and his ability to collapse blocks and jolt pads only really shine when he's locking horns head to head with blockers. There are some disengagement skills here, but overall I wouldn't consider this a major standout trait.

Run Defending: He's comfortably better here than he is as a rusher. Golston appears more instinctive and comfortable processing action in real time to filter through blockers and win to get off blocks. As both a penetration player and negotiating the point of attack, I like the flashes you get to uncover and challenge the football.

Effort/Motor: A high energy level player who found much of his splash play production on second effort plays and hustle. Coaches will love the energy and rally skills he brings to the field.

Football IQ: I appreciate his awareness of when he's not going to get home and the effort to disrupt throwing windows by getting his hands up. Golston did take a step forward this year with the confidence in his play and there should be optimism for a higher ceiling yet to be reachedalthough his unimaginative pass rush will require him to land in an aggressive blitz-oriented rush group to help him obtain unblocked pathways to the quarterback.

Lateral Mobility: His short-area agility isn't fluid and he's a bit more of a rigid mover. He can slash and crash if his angles are calibrated pre-snap, but in real time and in live action he's a little clunky in pursuit or trying to flash on the edge. Outside contain responsibilities will be a challenge and he'll be best set to the strength with a nickel or LB who can carry perimeter presence outside of him.

Versatility: Golston has played from multiple stances and alignments at Iowa but projecting him forward offers less wiggle room or creativity. He loses appeal from a two-point stance and wider alignments to play him crashing off the edge won't offer him as much appeal. Play him in tight alignments as a C- and B-gap defender and let him crash down a gap for best results.
Assassin
Golston, a Detroit native and first-team all-state pick as a senior, played in 11 games as a reserve as a redshirt freshman in 2017, making two tackles. He played a big role on defense as a sophomore despite not starting a game (35 tackles, nine for loss, with 3.5 sacks in 13 appearances). Golston tied for sixth in the FBS that year with three fumble recoveries. He garnered honorable mention all-conference notice as a junior for the Hawkeyes, posting 47 tackles, 9.5 for loss, with three sacks, an interception, and five pass breakups in 13 starts. He was a 2020 first-team All-Big Ten selection for the Hawkeyes, tying for the team lead with 5.5 sacks among his 45 tackles (8.5 for loss) in eight starts (also intercepting one pass). He accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl. -- by Chad Reuter

Analysis

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Rounds 6-7

Overview
Base end prospect for a 4-3 defense with potential to reduce inside for sub-packages. Golston has added good weight on his frame since coming to Iowa, but holding the point of attack and setting a strong edge will be a challenge for him due to his lack of play strength. While his rush off the edge is ordinary, he flashes as a disruptive interior rusher able to slip into gaps and make some noise. There are some physical traits to work with, so he could find work if he can add more strength and keep improving his rush.

Strengths
  • Named to 2020 Iowa Leadership Group.
  • Added 40 pounds of good weight during his time at Iowa.
  • Long wingspan with enormous hands.
  • Has opportunity to elevate his play with quicker hands.
  • Shows ability to turn and skinny-up into the B-gap.
  • Uses stab-and-slap move around the edge.
  • Jump-cuts into inside counter.
  • Shows some life as reduced rusher.
  • Can slap and pull himself around the guard with his length.

Weaknesses
  • Below-average power and play strength.
  • Needs to play with better knee bend at point of attack.
  • Struggles to anchor his edge.
  • Consistently bounced off his spot by kick-out blocks.
  • Below-average pop into contact.
  • Feet are heavy in his change of direction.
  • Pursuit speed is nothing special.
  • Doesn't generate enough rush power from lower half.
  • Firm punch can end his attempts at an edge rush.

Sources Tell Us

"He did a nice job of rushing from inside at the Senior Bowl, but I'm not sold he can translate it." -- Defensive line coach for NFC team
Assassin
my take on the Golston is I would have gone for the Okie kid instead
Assassin
I liked Trey Sermon from OSU. He just went to SF
Assassin
at pick 90. We own 99
BearForce
Assassin said:

Me too...OU has a thumper at RB that I would like tomorrow.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Rhamondre Stevenson,d

Just no Chuba Hubbard
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Rhamondre Stevenson,d

Just no Chuba Hubbard
Assassin
7 more picks
Assassin
Assassin said:

7 more picks
Molden at the CB or Hamsah Nasirildeen at S or Melifonu at CB
Assassin
Baron Browning is still out there. He would be a great pick to match up with Parsons as you have Smith and LVE both get hurt quite regularly
Assassin
there goes Perkins to the Pats. We shall see just how good Belichk is good without Brady
Assassin
Jabril Cox, the LB from LSU is still there. Once again, a rotational player if we draft him but great insurance against our oft intured LBs
BearForce
Nashaun Wright? Who?
First Page Last Page
Page 567 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.