Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,077,351 Views | 29546 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cowboys gowith another Unknown Nahshon Wright
BearForce
6-4 CB out of Oregon St
Assassin
HEIGHT
WEIGHT
ARMS
6' 4"
183 lbs
32 7/8"
HANDS
9 1/8"
Prospect Grade
i

VIEW ALL PROSPECTS
[url=https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks?pick=36&round=3&year=2021][/url]
Player Bio

Nahshon (pronounced nuh-shawn) Wright was a three-sport star at James Logan High School in East Palo Alto, California, before signing with Laney College in Oakland for 2018. Laney won the state junior college title in his only season there, thanks in part to his four interceptions and three pass breakups. Oregon State signed him for the 2019 campaign, and Wright led the Beavers with three interceptions while also posting 34 tackles and two pass breakups in 12 games (10 starts). He tied for the team lead with two picks in 2020, starting six games on the year (30 tackles, six pass breakups) before declaring for the 2021 NFL Draft. -- by Chad Reuter

Analysis

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Round 7/PFA

Overview
Lanky, angular cornerback with good length but bad speed. Wright possesses above-average instincts and shows some ability to squat, burst and smother shorter routes from off coverage, but he will need help over the top because his recovery speed is lacking. He doesn't have the instant acceleration or agility to stay connected to NFL route runners, which will limit his scheme fits. His length and play traits could make him a target for Cover 3 defenses who care less about long speed and more about ball skills.

Strengths

• Learned lessons from 2019 and improved in 2020.
  • Instinctive with plus route recognition.
  • Sits down and squeezes routes underneath.
  • Fast feet help him pounce on top of throws.
  • Tracks and attacks the 50-50 ball.
  • Long and athletic in the air.
  • High points the jump ball like a wideout.

Weaknesses
  • Very thin frame with skinny hips and legs.
  • Transitions from press coverage lack smooth, quick acceleration.
  • If he gets behind, he stays behind.
  • Lacks agility to stay connected to complex routes.
  • Needs better eye balance to keep quarterback in his sights.
  • Pushed around by blockers and is grabby tackler.
  • Will go for rides against NFL running backs.
Assassin
GoldMind
Looks like we finally woke the **** up and decided to get some Defense. Hosanna in the Highest.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
Meanwhile Molden and Ifeatu go right after. ***!
BearForce
GoldMind said:

Looks like we finally woke the **** up and decided to get some Defense. Hosanna in the Highest.

Except we still dont have a safety and we just drafted a guy in the 3rd round that was graded a 7th round/RFA.
Assassin
Done for the evening, you guys have a good night
BearForce
Aubry Thomas just went...a little early but I did like him.
Bexar Pitts
Assassin said:

Done for the evening, you guys have a good night
Ditto.
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Except we still dont have a safety and we just drafted a guy in the 3rd round that was graded a 7th round/RFA.

Except we can't be expected to fill every gap, just most of them. Which we've done.

You still pissed we got the best LB in the draft?
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Except we can't be expected to fill every gap, just most of them. Which we've done.

I'm over Parsons, just know he can't cover but looks like he will rush the passer so ok.

We had every opportunity to draft a safety and we didn't and just reached like crazy for another CB. I guess Joseph is going to play FS.
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

I'm over Parsons, just know he can't cover but looks like he will rush the passer so ok.

We had every opportunity to draft a safety and we didn't and just reached like crazy for another CB. I guess Joseph is going to play FS.

Just know, we just got better on D.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Did we?

BearForce
FML

BearForce
BearForce
BearForce

Assassin
BearForce said:

interesting. First commentator to fess up. Let's see what happens
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

interesting. First commentator to fess up. Let's see what happens

Jeff is my boy...that is why I love 105.3 the Fan
Assassin
Micah Parsons early BIG favorite to the be Defensive Rookie Player of the year
BearForce
Assassin said:

Looks like they are going to play him at MLB so I feel better now. Watch for the LSU LB Cox.
Assassin
what we have today~

Round 4 (115)
Round 4 (138, compensatory)
Round 5 (179, compensatory)
Round 6 (192, from Lions)
Round 6 (227, compensatory)
Round 7 (238)
Assassin
Todd Archer ESPN Staff Writer

Many draft prognosticators feel the Cowboys reached with their third-round picks. Stephen Jones said Osi Odighizuwa, Chauncey Golston and Nahshon Wright were higher on their board than where the Cowboys selected them. "Remember the biggest one of all was (Travis) Frederick (in the first round in 2013)," he said. "He ended up going to what six Pro Bowls and everybody had him in the fifth, sixth round? Sometimes they're right. Sometimes you're right."
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Did we?

Never put much stock into these types of accounts.

And yes, we did.
Assassin
Kiper:

Dallas Cowboys
The picks: Osa Odighizuwa, DT, UCLA (No. 75); Chauncey Golston, DE, Iowa (No. 94); Nahshon Wright, CB, Oregon State (No. 99)
The Cowboys went a round too soon for their first two third-round picks, defensive linemen Odighizuwa and Golston. They are solid players -- and this organization is going all-in to try to improve its defense -- but I had Day 3 grades on both. Elsewhere, Wright is my 44th-ranked corner. Let me say that again -- the Cowboys took my 44th-ranked corner in the third round. I'm really surprised Wright went here, because I didn't see a starter when I watched his tape.
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Did we?

And yes, we did.

And yet these are the same folks you used to defend the Parsons pick...
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Looks like they are going to play him at MLB so I feel better now. Watch for the LSU LB Cox.
we're almost up, could be

we almost took Cox at 99 according to the Ticket

They also are saying that OL is big need about now
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

we're almost up, could be

we almost took Cox at 99 according to the Ticket

They also are saying that OL is big need about now

It's Cox!
Assassin
Pick is in quickly.

Jabril Cox, LB LSU
Assassin
Jerry let's his grandson make the pick
Assassin
Look for 138 to be OG/OT

OT
Dan Moore Jr.
FOLLOW
6'6"
311 lbs
Texas A&M

Pre-Draft Analysis
Moore is an effective zone-blocker with an adequate power base in the run game. He is smooth getting set, has longer arms and tends to work his hands inside in pass protection. He gives too much ground at times. -- Steve Muench

D'Ante Smith
East Carolina
OT

Adrian Ealy
Oklahoma
OT

Josh Ball
Marshall
OT

Carson Green
Texas A&M
OT

Larry Borom
Missouri
OT

Trey Smith
FOLLOW
6'6"
321 lbs
Tennessee
POS RK
OVR RK
GRADE
play
0:53
Trey Smith's NFL draft profile
Check out the best highlights from Tennessee OG Trey Smith's college career.

Pre-Draft Analysis
Smith is a big guard and explosive run-blocker who plays with a nasty disposition and has the ability to blow defenders off the ball. He doesn't have great change of direction, but he has the size, length and upper-body strength to compete in pass protection. -- Steve Muench

Deonte Brown
Alabama
OG

Jaylon Moore
Western Michigan
OG

Tommy Doyle
Miami (OH)
OG

Kayode Awosika
Buffalo
OG

Jack Anderson
Texas Tech
OG
BearForce
1Ts flying off the board
GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

Did we?

And yes, we did.

And yet these are the same folks you used to defend the Parsons pick...
Show me where I did.
Assassin
BearForce said:

1Ts flying off the board
Shelvin would be a massive fireplug but doesnt seem to fit in with the trend I am seeing, speed.
First Page Last Page
Page 568 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.