Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,077,692 Views | 29549 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by BearForce
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No Olympics to turn to tonight. Of course , I won't leave the boys no matter how bad we look at the moment. Right, Goldmind? Lol
Wichitabear
I guess GoldMind has already left.
Aliceinbubbleland
I take it all y'all subscribe to the NFL network. My $225 bill doesn't come with NFL
Wichitabear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I take it all y'all subscribe to the NFL network. My $225 bill doesn't come with NFL
nope
Wichitabear
Field Goal
Wichitabear
It is so lonely on this thread
Wichitabear
Let's go halftime
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

He thinks this game is too offensive
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

He thinks this game is too offensive
Wichitabear
Had to go watch day 7 of the Bears practice to wake me up.
Wichitabear
Good pass Cooper Rush
Assassin
Garrett Gilbert started the game and worked the team's first four possessions, completing 7 of 16 passes for 80 yards and a 59.4 passer rating. Cooper Rush was up next and got four series at the helm himself. His night ended after he completed 7 of 13 attempts for 89 yards and a 75.5 passer rating. Gilbert's offense led to one field goal while Rush's effort managed two.

The rest of the game was left for Ben DiNucci, who again struggled but at least led the Cowboys to a touchdown. The second-year passer connected on just 6 of 14 attempts for 46 yards and a 75.3 rating.
Assassin
Assassin
Thinking Jaylon is either converted to pass rushing DE (no more LB) and the starters might be LVE, Parsons and Neal.
Assassin
-- Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Neville Gallimore suffered a dislocated left elbow in Friday's 19-16 preseason loss to the Arizona Cardinals and will miss 6-8 weeks, according to a source.

While not a season-ending injury, the loss of Gallimore, a projected starter, is a blow to the defense.
Assassin
Tight end Sean McKeon suffered a high ankle sprain against the Cardinals and could need some time to rehab. The Cowboys are thin at tight end with Dalton Schultz also nursing an ankle sprain. Blake Jarwin, who suffered a torn ACL in last year's opener, made his debut against the Cardinals and is healthy. The Cowboys also have Jeremy Sprinkle, Nick Eubanks and Artayvious Lynn.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Neal and Parsons are it!
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
Noah Brown has been much less impressive in game action than Turner and Fehoko. The former Ohio State Buckeye has caught just two passes for 13 yards in 35 preseason snaps. Through two games, Brown's PFF offensive grade of 59.6 is lower than both Turner's (65.1) and Fehoko's (63.4).

One thing Brown does have going for him is he's a heck of a special teams player. During his four years in Dallas, Brown has played a total of 492 special teams snaps, averaging an impressive 76.2 special teams grade, according to PFF.
Assassin
Assassin said:

Thinking Jaylon is either converted to pass rushing DE (no more LB) and the starters might be LVE, Parsons and Neal.
Forgot about Jabril Cox. He had a team high 8 tackles including 2 for losses
Assassin
Almost finished with a story on Tommy Loy. You may remember him as the 22 year trumpet soloist of our national anthem at the Cowboy games
Assassin
Three of the five players were injured, including 2020 fourth-round pick Reggie Robinson. The cornerback suffered a toe injury that will keep him out for the remainder of the season.

The Cowboys also placed fullback Sewo Olonilua (neck) on IR as well. NFL rules state that players that go on injured reserve before the start of the season are not eligible for return at any point this year.

The Cowboys also placed rookie linebacker Anthony Hines on the waived/injured list, and outright released cornerback Kyron Brown and wide receiver Brennan Eagles.

The Cowboys will play this weekend's game against Houston before next Tuesday's cut down to 80 players.

The final cut will be after all the preseason games are complete when all teams reduce the rosters to 53 players.
Assassin
Thought Eagles had a good shot to make the roster. Shows what I know!
Assassin
John Niland sent me this:

"What do you call a Dallas Cowboy player with a Superbowl Ring?"

Old
Assassin
And you are the first to see this

https://memoriesofdallas.org/tommyloy/
GoldMind
Assassin said:

Old
I would have said famous worldwide, but whatever
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Assassin
The preseason rotating door at kicker is officially in motion for the Dallas Cowboys.
After Greg Zuerlein started training camp on the physically unable to perform list due to a back issue, punter Hunter Niswander took over all kicking duties for the Cowboys during their first two preseason games.
Niswander was waived by Dallas on Thursday, and the Cowboys signed former CFL All-Star Lirim Hajrullahu to a two-year deal.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
canoso
Assassin said:

Old
Underrated post is underrated.
Assassin
Tomorrows game will be on CBS 11 at 7pm CST. Also on 105.3 The Fan
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
The Cowboys obviously saw more offensive line combinations last year than they ever wanted, so it seems rather odd to think they'll have more than enough in 2021.

According to reports, the Cowboys have received some trade offers for backup guard Connor McGovern, a third-round pick in 2019 who has yet to become a regular starter.

On Friday, Cowboys chief operating officer Stephen Jones was asked about the possible trade scenario during his radio segment on 105.3 "The Fan" in Dallas.

"As we all know, and as we saw last year, just because you might have your starting five, which certainly hadn't ruled Connor McGovern out starting," Jones said. "He's still competing his ass off, but you got to have seven or eight of these guys to make it through a season. So, I find it really hard to see us doing anything that would hurt us in that area right there."

McGovern missed all of his rookie season due to injuries but returned last year to start eight games as the Cowboys dealt with a surplus of injuries across the line.
Assassin
Assassin said:

The Cowboys obviously saw more offensive line combinations last year than they ever wanted, so it seems rather odd to think they'll have more than enough in 2021.

According to reports, the Cowboys have received some trade offers for backup guard Connor McGovern, a third-round pick in 2019 who has yet to become a regular starter.

On Friday, Cowboys chief operating officer Stephen Jones was asked about the possible trade scenario during his radio segment on 105.3 "The Fan" in Dallas.

"As we all know, and as we saw last year, just because you might have your starting five, which certainly hadn't ruled Connor McGovern out starting," Jones said. "He's still competing his ass off, but you got to have seven or eight of these guys to make it through a season. So, I find it really hard to see us doing anything that would hurt us in that area right there."

McGovern missed all of his rookie season due to injuries but returned last year to start eight games as the Cowboys dealt with a surplus of injuries across the line.
Wichitabear
I wonder if we could get rid of these backup QB's. We better hope Dak doesn't get hurt this year.
Wichitabear
Ok Cooper.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Ok Cooper.
That was a nice corner throw for sure
First Page Last Page
Page 584 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.