Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,089,505 Views | 29562 Replies | Last: 28 min ago by trey3216
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cowboys WR Michael Gallup suffered a calf strain in Thursday's loss to the Buccaneers, source said. He is expected to miss three to five weeks.
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

So smelly bad ass
Assassin
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
GoldMind
Collins out for 5 games, missing drug tests.

The hits just dont stop
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
trumpetbear
GoldMind said:

The hits just dont stop
Gallup out 3-5 weeks and Collins out 5.

Though BTB is saying that ruling might not yet be finalized.
GoldMind
trumpetbear said:

GoldMind said:

The hits just dont stop

Has the league ever not initiated a suspension for someone who missed multiple tests?

Genuinely asking
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
trumpetbear
GoldMind said:

trumpetbear said:

GoldMind said:

The hits just dont stop

Has the league ever not initiated a suspension for someone who missed multiple tests?

Genuinely asking
trumpetbear

Jack Bauer
Assassin
Oh Blake...

Oh Zeke...

BearForce
Assassin said:

Oh Blake...

Oh Zeke...

1. Why in the hell is it Jarwin instead of Schultz
2. Why is Jarwin blocking with inside technique...you got to get on his outside shoulder
3. Even with all of that how is it that Zeke could get the corner anyway or push his way into the end zone

Lots of fail here for sure.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Oh Blake...

Oh Zeke...

1. Why in the hell is it Jarwin instead of Schultz
2. Why is Jarwin blocking with inside technique...you got to get on his outside shoulder
3. Even with all of that how is it that Zeke could get the corner anyway or push his way into the end zone

Lots of fail here for sure.
I thought Zeke was in the best shape of his career!
Wichitabear
GoldMind said:

The hits just dont stop
That is not news we needed to hear. Thanks Collins for letting your team and fans down!
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Cowboys WR Michael Gallup suffered a calf strain in Thursday's loss to the Buccaneers, source said. He is expected to miss three to five weeks.
I sure hate to hear that.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

GoldMind said:

The hits just dont stop
That is not news we needed to hear. Thanks Collins for letting your team and fans down!
Wasnt he about to miss some games with knee issues or something?

Collins can appeal the decision and seek either an overturn or a reduction, but that will be in the hands or an arbitrator, who has already ruled in favor of the league but there is an additional appeals right Collins possesses per the collective bargaining agreement that sources say he intends to pursue. In other words, it's not yet final, so put a pin in it for the moment, and the Cowboys having a mini-bye week before taking on the Chargers gives added days to sort it all out.

The league alleges Collins missed mandatory drug screenings, versus actually testing negative for an illegal substance. Details are still coming in on the matter, including why it's five games instead of four or six, muddying the accusations that much more.

Until the matter is resolved, it'll be backup swing tackles Ty Nsekhe and Terence Steele carrying the water at right tackle, and that's a sizable drop off from what Collins does at the position. Nsekhe was brought in on a one-year deal in free agency ahead of the 2021 NFL Draft, and Steele is a former undrafted free agent who struggled mightily as a rookie in 2020
Assassin
Remember that Nsheke has been having knee problems since leaving games twice in August
Assassin
Assassin said:

Remember that Nsheke has been having knee problems since leaving games twice in August
My guess is that we are gonna get a double dose of Connor this weekend
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Some how this does not cheer me up but thanks for explaining the situation Assassin. I'm watching new Big 12 member Cincinnati playing right now. This is going to be exciting time for this school. I'm very happy for them.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Some how this does not cheer me up but thanks for explaining the situation Assassin. I'm watching new Big 12 member Cincinnati playing right now. This is going to be exciting time for this school. I'm very happy for them.
I just posted this on Facebook.

Days after it was announced the Big 12 was pursuing BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati and Houston as replacements for Texas and Oklahoma (both headed to the SEC), the conference approved all four as new members in a vote held Friday. BYU, an FBS independent, announced it will make its Big 12 debut during the 2023-24 sports season. The trio of Cincinnati, Houston and UCF are required to give the American Athletic Conference 27 months' notice before joining the Big 12, though it's possible they arrive sooner by paying higher exit fees, as UConn did when they defected to the Big East in 2020. The Big 12 could have as many as 16 members if BYU, Cincinnati, Houston and UCF all join before Texas and Oklahoma leave in 2025.

Should be a fantastic BBall league. Baylor men are the defending NCAA National Champion. Houston was #3, West Virginia was 18, Okie Lite was 19, Tech was 22. Kansas is a perennial power but was down this past season. The folks who project these things show Gonzaga at the top again in 2022 despite losing three starters (We all saw how overrated they were last year). Then its Texas and Kansas at 2 & 3, Baylor at 7 and Houston at 10. Okie State brings up the end of the projected Top 25 comes in at 23. Baylor keeps mop top Matthew Myer and picks up point guard James Akinjo, who averaged more than 15 points and five assists per game last season at Arizona. Add in an elite recruiting class that features five-star forward Kendall Brown and highly regarded combo guard Langston Love.

Baylor women have several Nat Championships recently. Ranked #5 this past year. The rest of the league was down a bit but West Virginia was #24. Expect that to change with this new basketball league.
Also Cincy, UCFlorida and BYU have been top 10 football programs quite a bit in the last decade. BYU QB Zach Wilson was the 2nd overall pick to the Jets this past draft. Payton Turner from Houston was also a 1st rounder. Teven Jenkins from Houston was a 2nd rounder as was Richie Grant from UCF and Trevon Moehrig from TCU. As far as rankings Cincy was 7th, Iowa St 9th. Baylor has a hot young coach that is turning things around.

I dont think Okie and UT really thought this through very well IMO other than money. They are gonna be 2nd place to Alabama at best in football. SEC will continue to be on hell of a Football league with Okie added. They will probably never win a BBall championship with Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama and Florida there.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

Days after it was announced the Big 12 was pursuing BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati and Houston as replacements for Texas and Oklahoma (both headed to the SEC), the conference approved all four as new members in a vote held Friday. BYU, an FBS independent, announced it will make its Big 12 debut during the 2023-24 sports season. The trio of Cincinnati, Houston and UCF are required to give the American Athletic Conference 27 months' notice before joining the Big 12, though it's possible they arrive sooner by paying higher exit fees, as UConn did when they defected to the Big East in 2020. The Big 12 could have as many as 16 members if BYU, Cincinnati, Houston and UCF all join before Texas and Oklahoma leave in 2025.

Should be a fantastic BBall league. Baylor men are the defending NCAA National Champion. Houston was #3, West Virginia was 18, Okie Lite was 19, Tech was 22. Kansas is a perennial power but was down this past season. The folks who project these things show Gonzaga at the top again in 2022 despite losing three starters (We all saw how overrated they were last year). Then its Texas and Kansas at 2 & 3, Baylor at 7 and Houston at 10. Okie State brings up the end of the projected Top 25 comes in at 23. Baylor keeps mop top Matthew Myer and picks up point guard James Akinjo, who averaged more than 15 points and five assists per game last season at Arizona. Add in an elite recruiting class that features five-star forward Kendall Brown and highly regarded combo guard Langston Love.

Baylor women have several Nat Championships recently. Ranked #5 this past year. The rest of the league was down a bit but West Virginia was #24. Expect that to change with this new basketball league.
Also Cincy, UCFlorida and BYU have been top 10 football programs quite a bit in the last decade. BYU QB Zach Wilson was the 2nd overall pick to the Jets this past draft. Payton Turner from Houston was also a 1st rounder. Teven Jenkins from Houston was a 2nd rounder as was Richie Grant from UCF and Trevon Moehrig from TCU. As far as rankings Cincy was 7th, Iowa St 9th. Baylor has a hot young coach that is turning things around.

I dont think Okie and UT really thought this through very well IMO other than money. They are gonna be 2nd place to Alabama at best in football. SEC will continue to be on hell of a Football league with Okie added. They will probably never win a BBall championship with Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama and Florida there.

Gonzaga wasn't overrated, we were just better.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

I'm really excited about Bb with these new members. That BYU coach is fired up. I think they will bring a lot to the conference. Of course I am ready for us to play. Can hardly wait!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

that too!
Assassin
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

that too!

btw - gonna be fun to see what drew does with "better" big men
Assassin
Thursday night's 31-29 victory by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers over the Dallas Cowboys averaged approximately 26 million viewers on NBC, Peacock and the NFL's digital platforms according to preliminary data from Nielsen and Adobe Analytics.

It is a 20% increase over last year's game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Houston Texas and the largest audience for an NFL opener since the Pittsburgh Steelers-New England Patriots game in 2015 averaged 27.4 million.

The average of 24.4 million viewers on NBC makes it television's most-watched show since February's Super Bowl on CBS. The audience peaked at 25.4 million between 9:45-10 p.m. ET.
Wichitabear
Cincinnati 35 Murray St7 in 4th quarter 10:50 left in game.
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

I'm not seeing that game. Who are they playing?
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

I'm not seeing that game. Who are they playing?
ESPN+ Murray St. They should beat them. That's Cincinnati's Texas State game.
Assassin
Assassin
Eagles suk
Assassin
Eagles still suk
Assassin
Hurtz really pulls the ball down
Assassin
Falcons suk worse than the Eagles suk
Assassin
Carolina beat the Zach Wilson Jets? Holy Matt!!!!
Assassin
Eagles will slip into 1st, Hurtz has this bad habit of pulling the ball down toward the ground. Defensive coordinators are gonna pick up on that. 434 yds of offense vs a pretty bad Falcon team, 261 passing vs 173 rushing. deVonta Smith looks like the real thing. 27 receptions amongst 7 receivers. Philly DLine still the strongest part of team but starting to get old and hurt. Not that impressed overall. We should beat Philly twice if we stay healthy.

Washington brownbags lost to Chargers 20-16. We play the Chargers next week. Herbert had 337 passing. Only 90 yds passing, we should be able to go with ears laid back.
First Page Last Page
Page 593 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.