Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,080,951 Views | 29553 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by BearForce
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had to run to the restroom

Did we win?
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
BearForce
Needs (not in order):
Backup RB
#1 WR
#1 TE
Swing OT
Edge rusher
1-tech DT
MLB
SLB
Big CB

BearForce
Assassin said:

Had to run to the restroom

Did we win?

We did win one drive
Assassin
walter football 2018 cowboy pick

Dallas Cowboys: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

Roquan Smith is too talented to fall out of the top half of the opening round, so the Cowboys would definitely consider him with this selection. Anthony Hitchens is an impending free agent
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Round 2
Dallas Cowboys: Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida

The Cowboys could use another threat in the receiving corps, and they've shown that they're willing to take chances on troubled players. Antonio Callway has some major off-the-field issues, but some team could give him a shot in the second round.

GoldMind
BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

Just curious, anyone want to make a case to defend Jason Garrett at this point?

I will. He's a great coach.

Ok, help me with this below and note this was written just after Atlanta:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/11/17/16668994/proof-that-the-dallas-cowboys-struggle-to-adjust-at-halftime-and-its-crushing-their-season

Is it players not executing, not listening, or not getting adjustments from their coaches?

Well, seeing as we've seen them execute extremely well prior to this run of bad luck, I'd say it's that. Then again, other than America's Team, I don't watch a lot of pro ball.
Assassin
Round 3

Dallas Cowboys: Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M

The Cowboys lost some defensive backs last offseason, and they never found a solid player to start alongside Byron Jones.

Pick change; previously Jordan Whitehead, S
BearForce
GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

GoldMind said:

BearForce said:

I will. He's a great coach.

Ok, help me with this below and note this was written just after Atlanta:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/11/17/16668994/proof-that-the-dallas-cowboys-struggle-to-adjust-at-halftime-and-its-crushing-their-season

Is it players not executing, not listening, or not getting adjustments from their coaches?

Well, seeing as we've seen them execute extremely well prior to this run of bad luck, I'd say it's that. Then again, other than America's Team, I don't watch a lot of pro ball.

Here is the problem...this has been an issue even with Lee, T. Smith, and Zeke in the line up so it isnt bad luck.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Round 3

The Cowboys lost some defensive backs last offseason, and they never found a solid player to start alongside Byron Jones.

How good has Byron Jones been? Has he been worth a 1st round pick? I cant say yes.
Assassin
Charlie Campbell, senior draft anylyst for Walterfootball'

Rd 1

Dallas Cowboys: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

The Cowboys could use a third corner to go with Chidobe Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis.

Ward has 26 tackles with 11 passes broken up and an interception in 2017. In the season opener against Indiana, he notched an interception, four tackles and five passes broken up. Ward also was beaten for a touchdown and some other receptions by big Indiana receiver Simmie Cobbs Jr. While primarily a backup in 2016, Ward (5-10, 191) totaled 23 tackles with nice passes broken up.

While Ward has some hype suggesting he's as good as his former teammates Marshon Lattimore and Gareon Conley, he's significantly smaller than them and had issues with a big wideout in Cobbs. In the NFL, Ward might get placed as a nickelback.

----------
Rd 2

Dallas Cowboys: Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP

The Cowboys' offensive line hasn't been the same this year. Here's a guard upgrade to replace Ronald Leary.

Hernandez (6-3, 330) is shorter and lacks length compared to a lot of starting guards in the NFL, but he makes up for it with strength. He is strong at the point of attack with a heavy base to help him get movement at the point of attack. Impressing at an all-star game will be important for Hernandez.
--------
Rd 3

Dallas Cowboys: Jordan Whitehead, S, Pittsburgh

The Cowboys need some safety upgrades.

Whitehead (5-11, 190) is a physical safety who has good instincts. He broke out as a freshman with 108 tackles, six passes broken up, one interception and one forced fumble. In 2016, Whitehead had 65 tackles with two breakups and an interception while missing multiple games with an arm injury. He hurt his draft stock with a suspension to open the 2017 season and has split time between running back and safety this year. At the former position in 2017, Whitehead has 21 carries for 145 yards and a touchdown. He has 48 tackles with three passes broken up and one interception at the latter this season.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Round 3

How good has Byron Jones been? Has he been worth a 1st round pick? I cant say yes.
I see moments that he looks incredible. Then he goes all Ahmad Dixon, like you mentioned
BearForce
Another concern related to the coaching staff is can they develop Dak? What QB have they ever developed? It has to be asked because Dak's bad habits have been exposed since Zeke's departure and you could argue even before then.

And if coaching doesnt matter regarding Dak, i would point you out west to Sean McVey and Jered Goff this year as exhibit A that it does.
Assassin
USA Today 4 round mock;

17. Dallas Cowboys | Christian Wilkins | DL | Clemson
This would be a perfect match of need and value for a Cowboys team that desperately needs a disruptive force in the middle of their defensive line. Wilkins is a rare athlete for his size, with the power and explosiveness to camp out in opposing backfields.

49. Dallas Cowboys | Mark Andrews | TE | Oklahoma

81. Dallas Cowboys | Michael Gallup | WR | Colorado State

113. Dallas Cowboys | Lorenzo Carter | EDGE | Georgia

BearForce
Assassin said:

USA Today 4 round mock;

This would be a perfect match of need and value for a Cowboys team that desperately needs a disruptive force in the middle of their defensive line. Wilkins is a rare athlete for his size, with the power and explosiveness to camp out in opposing backfields.

I really like Andrews as you can probably tell by my mock drafts.
Assassin
really surprised how many mocks have Rosen and Darnold as Top 5. they kinda both suck. Not sure that I wouldnt trade back and shoot for lamar jackson or baker mayfield (as much as I dislike that guy)
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

USA Today 4 round mock;

I really like Andrews as you can probably tell by my mock drafts.
I remember. A pass catching TE may be just as beneficial (or more) as a deep threat. Dak isnt that great a deep thrower but can dink you to death.
Assassin
so we have 1-4 and 6 & 7 round picks. Traded our 5th to take X this past year.

Plus 4 comp picks. we should get one in the 4th for Leary and three in the 5th.
BearForce
Here's a stat to make you all warm and fuzzy from the ESPN ticker:

With today's loss to the Chargers, this is only the 3rd time in the history of the Cowboys they have lost three straight games by 20+ points.
BearForce
Assassin said:

So far Fanspeak has us with
1 each rounds 1-3, 2 each in rounds 4-6, and 1 in round 7.
VN 68
BaylorProud77 said:

BearForce said:

What a nice boy. Too bad he can't .................whoops I hear my pumpkin pie calling me.ha
Jason Garrett has the same chance of winning a Super Bowl as a one legged man in a azz kicking contest.
BearForce
VN 68 said:

BaylorProud77 said:

BearForce said:

What a nice boy. Too bad he can't .................whoops I hear my pumpkin pie calling me.ha
Jason Garrett has the same chance of winning a Super Bowl as a one legged man in a azz kicking contest.

Man, those are better odds than i would give him.
BaylorProud77
BearForce said:

VN 68 said:

BaylorProud77 said:

BearForce said:

Man, those are better odds than i would give him.
lol, ok then
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

So far Fanspeak has us with 1 each rounds 1-3, 2 each in rounds 4-6, and 1 in round 7.
Remember last couple of years we never could quite figure out their methodology. Of course no one knows exactly what the Comp picks forumula is either. Kinda like the McDonalds special sauce or KFC secret recipe...
Assassin
BearForce said:

With today's loss to the Chargers, this is only the 3rd time in the history of the Cowboys they have lost three straight games by 20+ points.
consistency has to count for something
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

right
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Ha
Assassin
CBS mock has both your boys going early

2. San Francisco 49ers

Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU. I'm on #TeamBigWR and, more specifically, believe contested-catch ability is more important than pure speed at the wide receiver position. Sutton is a high-point monster who can make defenders miss in the open field after he makes grabs downfield. Jimmy G's new best friend right here.

6. Chicago Bears

James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State. Mitchell Trubisky is slowly but surely displaying good signs as the Bears starting quarterback. And he's doing that with a rag-tag group of wide receivers. With Washington, the young signal-caller gets a scintillating deep threat who'll also do the dirty work as a chain-mover.
Assassin
16. Dallas Cowboys

Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa. The Cowboys picked some cornerbacks in the 2017 draft, and while I liked both Jourdan Lewis and Chidobe Awuzie, Jackson has more potential as a lockdown outside cornerback capable of covering different types of wide receivers. He currently has seven interceptions and 17 pass breakups. He's a stud.
BearForce
Eye opening

Assassin said:

2. San Francisco 49ers

Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU. I'm on #TeamBigWR and, more specifically, believe contested-catch ability is more important than pure speed at the wide receiver position. Sutton is a high-point monster who can make defenders miss in the open field after he makes grabs downfield. Jimmy G's new best friend right here.

6. Chicago Bears

James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State. Mitchell Trubisky is slowly but surely displaying good signs as the Bears starting quarterback. And he's doing that with a rag-tag group of wide receivers. With Washington, the young signal-caller gets a scintillating deep threat who'll also do the dirty work as a chain-mover.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Eye opening

Assassin said:

2. San Francisco 49ers

6. Chicago Bears

Looks like the other WR out there folks are mentioning is Calvin Ridley from Bama
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Eye opening

Assassin said:

2. San Francisco 49ers

6. Chicago Bears

Looks like the other WR out there folks are mentioning is Calvin Ridley from Bama

Ridley is good too
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Ridley is good too
And then other folks dont even mention him;

BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Ridley is good too

Not saying he is but he looks like Julio Jones at Alabama.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Ridley is good too

Not saying he is but he looks like Julio Jones at Alabama.
I was thinking the same thing.
Assassin
2038 Cowboy Mock Draft 1st round pick;

First Page Last Page
Page 90 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.