Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,076,307 Views | 29543 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by BearForce
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce said:

I think if we approach the running game like we are watching Demarco Murray as opposed to Zeke, I think that is the right mentality and we need to mix in play action to team with it.
Yep.

We will have a good advantage against the Giants this next week. Then the Raiders - that could be a tough one. Not sure if Lee will be back until then.

Then Zeke comes back for Seattle and Philly. Philly may rest some folks as they will have the NFC locked up a game or two prior to that.

Still - odds are long for us to make the playoffs even if we win out. We are up against some teams that beat us. I thought 10 wins would get us in but it looks like it may not
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
GoldMind said:

Damn. I missed this whole string.
We're always around for the Cowboys - all year long, win or lose. Bookmark it. Make it your Home page.

I think the the Cowboy thread on BaylorFans was around a decade old with millions of views and tens of thousands posts. And there was one before that.

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
DeMarcus Lawrence is back on top of the NFL season sack list with five games to play. With two sacks in Thursday's win over Washington, Lawrence (13.5) moved past Minnesota's Everson Griffen and Arizona's Chandler Jones (12.0) for the league lead. The Vikings and Cardinals both play Sunday.

The Cowboys sacked Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins four times, and Thursday marked Lawrence's third multiple-sack game of the season.

Lawrence credited the Cowboys' coverage in the secondary for giving him extra time to get to Cousins. "The DBs did a hell of a job tonight," he said.
GoldMind
Assassin said:

GoldMind said:

Damn. I missed this whole string.
We're always around for the Cowboys - all year long, win or lose. Bookmark it. Make it your Home page.

I think the the Cowboy thread on BaylorFans was around a decade old with millions of views and tens of thousands posts. And there was one before that.

Oh I watched the game, I just had my phone in the other room in charge. Best believe I watch the march to the Super Bowl every year.

Wether America's Team is going to the Super Bowl or not, they're by god going every year I've been a fan and could talk. Lol.
Assassin

Just thinking. Jaylon Smith had a pretty good game yesterday. Covered passes, played downhill, turned plays in to the middle of the D. Thats two pretty solid games in a row.

Assassin
Cowboys must now root for Eagles to defeat Seahawks in Week 13. The Cowboys kept their playoff hopes alive, but now they need help from a bitter enemy.

Fans of the Dallas Cowboys are going to have to swallow some pride in Week 13.

Now that the team has effectively dismantled the rival Washington Redskins to the tune of 38-14 on Thursday Night Football, they get to stay alive in what's fast becoming in hot-and-heavy playoff race in the NFC. The Cowboys now sit at 6-6 and very much in the hunt for the final Wild Card spot, but they're going to need some assistance from a team they absolutely despise:

The Philadelphia Eagles.

Not long removed from throttling the Cowboys in Week 11, the Eagles themselves are now one win away from clinching the NFC East, and they'll have to cut through the Seattle Seahawks to do it. It just so happens the team in the Cowboys' way currently is, you guessed it, the Seattle Seahawks -- putting America's Team in a rare position to hope for an Eagles' win to knock the Seahawks down to a 7-5 record.

That would put them only one game ahead of the Cowboys, which is a big deal considering the two meet on Dec. 24 -- the date running back Ezekiel Elliott returns from his six-game suspension. If Dallas can dispatch with the lowly New York Giants and struggling Oakland Raiders, they'll be in prime position to down the Seahawks in Week 16 and potentially slide into the final playoff spot.

Other things must happen as well, of course, but at the moment this is the most glaring. For at least one day, Cowboys' fans will have to find it in their soul to smile for the same Eagles who won't let them live down the outcome of Week 11.

Assassin

The record breaking TD catch for Dez
Assassin
Love Dez, but I would have to go with Michael Irvin as my #88. Dude was absolutely fearless in the middle.

BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

The record breaking TD catch for Dez
That's a great shot!
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

Love Dez, but I would have to go with Michael Irvin as my #88. Dude was absolutely fearless in the middle.

Michael Irwin
GoldMind
I'd taker either. Michael had that swag. Dez got that mouth.
Assassin
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Cowboys CB Orlando Scandrick will miss "one or more games" after suffering two transverse process fractures in his back Thursday against the Redskins.

He suffered the injury early in the game but somehow played through it. Derek Carr suffered a similar injury earlier this year and only sat out one game, which suggests Scandrick could be back as soon as Week 15 versus Oakland. Xavier Woods is a candidate to fill in at slot corner.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Cowboys CB Orlando Scandrick will miss "one or more games" after suffering two transverse process fractures in his back Thursday against the Redskins.

He suffered the injury early in the game but somehow played through it. Derek Carr suffered a similar injury earlier this year and only sat out one game, which suggests Scandrick could be back as soon as Week 15 versus Oakland. Xavier Woods is a candidate to fill in at slot corner.
well I sure hope so. Just our luck. Back to the Baylor board, bgboyd is selling his little mini football helmets on e-bay. We have really hit rock bottom. ha Did you see that special on Stidham this morning on college game day?
Little hard to watch but it worked out for him.
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

well I sure hope so. Just our luck. Back to the Baylor board, bgboyd is selling his little mini football helmets on e-bay. We have really hit rock bottom. ha Did you see that special on Stidham this morning on college game day?
I hadnt seen it. I'll check it out.

Kinda interested to see how Dallas handles the DBs without Scandrick. We may be seeing next year's DB lineup
BearForce
Assassin said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

Kinda interested to see how Dallas handles the DBs without Scandrick. We may be seeing next year's DB lineup

Agree...good thing is this draft seems to be again deep in DBs.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

I have some concern with Frazier being similar to Heath and and now Brown. Great hitters in space but not that great in coverage with faster WRs. Basically, box safeties.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

I have some concern with Frazier being similar to Heath and and now Brown. Great hitters in space but not that great in coverage with faster WRs. Basically, box safeties.

Agree and then Jones is a good cover guy but no physicality

By the way just watching Andrews the TE from OU on a fly reminds me of a young Witten...we need that type of guy in our offense.
BaylorProud77
I'm watching OU at the moment. Can't stand to yell for them but I want a big 12 in the final 4.
BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

I'm watching OU at the moment. Can't stand to yell for them but I want a big 12 in the final 4.

Watch Andrews the OU TE
BaylorProud77
But, in my heart, I can't help but yell for the frog.
BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

Well i guess that makes one of you
BaylorProud77
BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

lol. You know I love my Baylor bears and absolutely will never yell for TCU when we play them. But it is super hard for me to yell for OU. Too much Texan in me to do that!
BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

lol. You know I love my Baylor bears and absolutely will never yell for TCU when we play them. But it is super hard for me to yell for OU. Too much Texan in me to do that!

Have you been watching Andrews? Imagine him in Silver and Blue...
BaylorProud77
BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Have you been watching Andrews? Imagine him in Silver and Blue...
I'm trying too.
BaylorProud77
OK boys, who have the cowboys drafted that came out of OU that was a wow player for us?
Assassin
BearForce said:

By the way just watching Andrews the TE from OU on a fly reminds me of a young Witten...we need that type of guy in our offense.
I've been keeping on eye on him. Great time of year to watch for future Cowboys.

and he drops a TD... would have been a great catch
BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

OK boys, who have the cowboys drafted that came out of OU that was a wow player for us?

Roy Williams Safety
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

demarco murray wasnt horrible
BearForce
Assassin said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Wow totally forgot Demarco was OU...great catch
BaylorProud77
BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Roy Williams Safety
Oh right. He was good but bombed out after a year because he couldn't use the horse collar
BaylorProud77
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Wow totally forgot Demarco was OU...great catch
ok, assassin. totally forgot about him. lol
BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Roy Williams Safety
Oh right. He was good but bombed out after a year because he couldn't use the horse collar

No, he bottomed out once he lost DWoody (Darren Woodson) to retirement. He was the classic enforcer safety who got exposed once in coverage.
BaylorProud77
BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Roy Williams Safety

No, he bottomed out once he lost DWoody (Darren Woodson) to retirement. He was the classic enforcer safety who got exposed once in coverage.
once?
Assassin
we had a couple of others with Oklahoma connects - Troy Aikman, 2 years there before transferring. And Tony Casillas. But drafted by Falcons
BearForce
BaylorProud77 said:

BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

BearForce said:

BaylorProud77 said:

Roy Williams Safety

once?
Ha...so to break it down, DWoody was the cover or free safety and once he retired and Roy had to assume that role, no bueno. Teams would start to align their formations to get him singled up in pass coverage where he would get beat like a drum.
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.