Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,078,328 Views | 29549 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by BearForce
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Cowboys RT La'El Collins (questionable, back) is expected to play in Week 14 against the Giants. Collins hasn't practiced the last two weeks but should continue to play through his back issues. The Cowboys also expect to have LT Tyron Smith (questionable, back) for Sunday's game.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Cowboys are "optimistic" LT Tyron Smith (questionable, back) will play Week 14 against the Giants.
La'el Collins (back) is also trending in the right direction, though the Cowboys will test them out in warmups before making a final call. Having Smith and Collins available would obviously be good news for Dak Prescott.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Assassin
NFL.com reports Sterling Shepard (hamstring, questionable) is not expected to play Week 14 against the Cowboys. This is a surprise after he got in limited work on Thursday and Friday. If he does not suit up, it will be a big blow to Eli Manning's streaming candidacy. Evan Engram was a must-start to begin with, but this makes him even more appealing.

Source: NFL.com

Orleans Darkwa (questionable, illness) is expected to play Week 14 against the Cowboys. He battled an illness throughout the week but it won't be enough to sideline him against Dallas. Darkwa has scored a touchdown in two of his last three games but has averaged just 3.02 yards per carry during that span.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Assassin
ProFootballTalk reports Kenny Britt hopes to sign with a team next week. Britt is fully expected to clear waivers with $942K remaining on his deal. He wants to play for a contender, with the Patriots a potential fit. Britt was a massive flop in Cleveland, but could resurface as a veteran flyer.

6'3, 225. 68 catches for over a grand with the Raiders last year.

Do you make an offer? If we can bandaid for a year, we can use the 1 and 2 for other things.
Assassin
BTW - I'm really not sold on a need for a deep threat. Its just not Dak's forte. Would rather get a Andrews type TE and/or a possession to mid-range WR that catches with his hands.
BearForce
Assassin said:

ProFootballTalk reports Kenny Britt hopes to sign with a team next week. Britt is fully expected to clear waivers with $942K remaining on his deal. He wants to play for a contender, with the Patriots a potential fit. Britt was a massive flop in Cleveland, but could resurface as a veteran flyer.

6'3, 225. 68 catches for over a grand with the Raiders last year.

Do you make an offer? If we can bandaid for a year, we can use the 1 and 2 for other things.

I would say no...assuming you are drafting a young WR early who will take Butler's roster spot. Now if you want to create veteran competition for TWill maybe.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BTW - I'm really not sold on a need for a deep threat. Its just not Dak's forte. Would rather get a Andrews type TE and/or a possession to mid-range WR that catches with his hands.

I do think you need a big dog WR (Sutton from SMU) and a TE (Andrews) but the WR needs to be a big body physical guy (Sutton), not a burner, which will give Dak a greater catch radius to throw to downfield.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I do think you need a big dog WR (Sutton from SMU) and a TE (Andrews) but the WR needs to be a big body physical guy (Sutton), not a burner, which will give Dak a greater catch radius to throw to downfield.
Thinking Sutton will be off the boards before we pick - assuming mid round somewhere - dont see us making the playoffs without several teams falling off the cliff

How about trading back to take Andrews late 1st or early 2nd? Or in the 2nd, Okie States Marcell Ateman? 54 receptions for 1,049 yards (19.4 APC) and 8 TD's in 2017. 6'4, 220. Not a burner but great hands. Big body. Sounds perfect to team with Daks style
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Thinking Sutton will be off the boards before we pick - assuming mid round somewhere - dont see us making the playoffs without several teams falling off the cliff

How about trading back to take Andrews late 1st or early 2nd? Or in the 2nd, Okie States Marcell Ateman? 54 receptions for 1,049 yards (19.4 APC) and 8 TD's in 2017. 6'4, 220. Not a burner but great hands. Big body. Sounds perfect to team with Daks style

I trade back and go Calvin Ridley and stock ammo to get Andrews.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I trade back and go Calvin Ridley and stock ammo to get Andrews.
My Fanspeak this AM:

15: R1P15 WR JAMES WASHINGTON OKLAHOMA STATE
47: R2P15 TE MARK ANDREWS OKLAHOMA
79: R3P15 EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT UTSA
117: R4P15 CB BRANDON FACYSON VIRGINIA TECH
136: R4P34 LB JOSEY JEWELL IOWA
173: R5P35 DL DA'SHAWN HAND ALABAMA
176: R5P38 LB KENDALL JOSEPH CLEMSON
194: R6P15 S DOMINICK SANDERS GEORGIA
213: R6P34 G LARRY ALLEN JR. HARVARD
237: R7P15 OT IKE BOETTGER IOWA
Assassin
I would also consider a late round flyer on a QB - how about WV's Will Grier? We know him pretty well. Dude can toss the pigskin. We need to find out how Cooper Rush responds to some 1st string defenses in the NFL. Did well against backups
BearForce
Assassin said:

I would also consider a late round flyer on a QB - how about WV's Will Grier? We know him pretty well. Dude can toss the pigskin. We need to find out how Cooper Rush responds to some 1st string defenses in the NFL. Did well against backups

Agree on Greer...could end up a TE
BearForce
15: R1P15
WR COURTLAND SUTTON
SMU
47: R2P15
TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
79: R3P15
EDGE MARCELL FRAZIER
MISSOURI
117: R4P15
LB SHAUN DION HAMILTON
ALABAMA
136: R4P34
RB ITO SMITH
SOUTHERN MISS
173: R5P35
DL R.J. MCINTOSH
MIAMI (FL)
176: R5P38
S DOMINICK SANDERS
GEORGIA
194: R6P15
CB JAMARCUS KING
SOUTH CAROLINA
213: R6P34
LB T.J. EDWARDS
WISCONSIN
237: R7P15
G LESTER COTTON
ALABAMA
Assassin
Would not be unhappy at all to start out my draft like this;

1: R1P15 EDGE HAROLD LANDRY BOSTON COLLEGE
2: R2P15 TE MARK ANDREWS OKLAHOMA
3: R3P15 WR ALLEN LAZARD IOWA STATE
BearForce
Assassin said:

Yep
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Yep
gotta start looking at this folks after the 3rd-ish rounds.
Assassin
Cowboys inactives: WR Brice Butler, CB Orlando Scandrick, RB Trey Williams, LB Justin Durant, DT Daniel Ross, TE Blake Jarwin, DL David Irving
Assassin
Assassin said:

Cowboys inactives: WR Brice Butler, CB Orlando Scandrick, RB Trey Williams, LB Justin Durant, DT Daniel Ross, TE Blake Jarwin, DL David Irving
maybe we will see a bit of Bene Berneke
Assassin
Giant inactives ; CB Eli Apple, LB B.J. Goodson, WR Tavarres King, OL Justin Pugh, WR Travis Rudolph, DT Khyri Thornton and QB Davis Webb
Assassin
BTW - preseason fav Lewis Neal is active. Should be interesting to see him in the DL rotation
BaylorProud77
Dez!!!!! Catch the ball
BaylorProud77
that was luck all right but i'll take it
BaylorProud77
Alfed, good run
BaylorProud77
TWIll
BaylorProud77
Don't you love him
BaylorProud77
BaylorProud77 said:

Don't you love him
If he gets in I will love him more
Assassin
lost my stream
BearForce
Can they punch it in....this has been an issue with the Giants
BaylorProud77
Bad.
BearForce
BearForce said:

And nope...
BaylorProud77
BearForce said:

Cowwboys should have punched that in!
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

lost my stream
you didn't miss anything
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

BearForce said:

Cowwboys should have punched that in!
still streamless. what happened?
BaylorProud77
Let's welcome back Mr. Sean Lee
First Page Last Page
Page 99 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.