Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,050,970 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Oh my Lord...LOL (and given this is Taco Charlton its natural if you don't recognize him...neither does field at AT&T Stadium)

why would they want Taco Charlton! He was awful

Assassin
[url=https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/08/cowboys-to-release-kai-forbath][/url]Cowboys release kicker Kai Forbath
Originally posted on Pro Football Rumors
By Sam Robinson | Last updated 8/1/20

A veteran of six NFL teams, Kai Forbath will return to free agency. The Cowboys cut their incumbent kicker, Field Yates of ESPN.com tweets. This will clear a path for free agent addition Greg Zuerlein.
Considering Zuerlein's pedigree, he was not expected to battle Forbath throughout training camp for the job. The Cowboys gave the longtime Rams kicker a three-year, $7.5 million deal.
Brett Maher's struggles prompted the Cowboys to change kickers last season. They added Forbath in December. Interestingly, they re-signed him in March but gave him a one-year contract worth the league minimum. The Cowboys will incur barely $130,000 in dead money by cutting the soon-to-be 33-year-old kicker.

Forbath has played for three teams the Cowboys, Patriots and Jaguars since the 2018 season. Forbath was one of several kickers the Pats used after Stephen Gostkowski's injury, although he kicked in only one game with New England. Forbath went 11-for-11 on field goals last season, including a 10-for-10 stretch with the Cowboys. Forbath, who made 15 of 15 field goals for the Vikings in 2016, should be on the radar for future kicking gigs.
Although he also kicked for the Vikings and Saints, the eight-year veteran is most known for his work in Washington. He began his career as Washington's kicker in 2012 and held that job for nearly four seasons.
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
So we dropped a career 86.8% FG kicker that was on the team for the vet min, for a career for a career 82% kicker on a $7.5mil deal.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

So we dropped a career 86.8% FG kicker that was on the team for the vet min, for a career for a career 82% kicker on a $7.5mil deal.

Exactly...just dumb
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Oh my Lord...LOL (and given this is Taco Charlton its natural if you don't recognize him...neither does field at AT&T Stadium)

BearForce I've certainly been entertained today with your many other responses throughout.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

BearForce I've certainly been entertained today with your many other responses throughout.

Dont forget splash down tomorrow
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Thank you
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Thank you

Safe and home! Yeah!
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Thank you

Safe and home! Yeah!
great! I had to travel today so I didn't get to watch it when it happened. So glad it was a success!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Thank you

Safe and home! Yeah!
great! I had to travel today so I didn't get to watch it when it happened. So glad it was a success!

It just happen...if you click now you will be able to see the ship lifted out of the water followed by crew extraction live
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Thank you

Safe and home! Yeah!

It just happen...if you click now you will be able to see the ship lifted out of the water followed by crew extraction live
thank you. I'm watching it!
BearForce
Now if we can opt him off the roster...

Check this out on the Radio.com App! https://1053thefan.radio.com/articles/news/cowboys-fullback-jamize-olawale-opts-out-of-2020-season?dfpvars%5Bapp%5D=true&app=true
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Thank you

Safe and home! Yeah!

Now did you really think I was done with you today? LOL!

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Thank you

Safe and home! Yeah!

Now did you really think I was done with you today? LOL!

Lololol
Assassin
Assassin
BearForce said:

Check this out on the Radio.com App! https://1053thefan.radio.com/articles/news/cowboys-fullback-jamize-olawale-opts-out-of-2020-season?dfpvars%5Bapp%5D=true&app=true
Good. Lets bring on Chung or anyone else.
Assassin
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Good. Lets bring on Chung or anyone else.
ESPN: . New coach Mike McCarthy relied on fullback John Kuhn for years while with the Green Bay Packers and the Cowboys don't have a veteran replacement for Olawale on the current roster.
Assassin
Zach Line (was Saints but announced retirement) is probably the best available NFL vet. Not sure what his status is today

However we have the kid from TCU Sewo Olonilua that we signed as UFA. 6'3, 240 - sounds like Daryl Johnston size.
Assassin
Assassin said:

Zach Line (was Saints but announced retirement) is probably the best available NFL vet. Not sure what his status is today

However we have the kid from TCU Sewo Olonilua that we signed as UFA. 6'3, 240 - sounds like Daryl Johnston size.
And Brian Martin beat me to the punch:

Quote:

Olawale has been the starting FB and a core special teams player for the Dallas Cowboys for the past several years. His decision to opt out of the 2020 season leaves a hole that now needs to be filled. Believe it or not, but the Cowboys may already have someone capable of stepping in and filling that void.

Enter former TCU Running Back Sewo Olonilua.

Sewo Olonilua joined the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent after the completion of the 2020 NFL Draft. Back in June I wrote about how I think he could end up being the Cowboys most intriguing rookie and my intrigue has only intensified now that Jamize Olawale has decided he won't play this year.

Olonilua is a really intriguing player in my opinion. From his size (6'3, 240) to his skill set, the former TCU RB is someone who can play a variety of roles (FB, special teams, short yardage RB, pass protector, H-back) with the Cowboys and someone I believed could push Olawale for roster spot. It was a position battle I was actually looking forward to watching.

It's really going to be interesting to see what the Cowboys decide to do at FB. It's a position that has been pretty much phased out throughout the majority of the NFL, but not in Dallas as of yet. That could change under Mike McCarthy's tutelage, however, there's no way of knowing that right now.

If the Dallas Cowboys due decide to keep a FB on the active roster in 2020, Sewo Olonilua could be given the opportunity to prove he's capable of handling the job. He has the build and mental makeup to play the position, which should make his transition from RB to FB a relatively smooth one.

The shortened offseason doesn't help his case, but when it comes to players most capable of handling the responsibilities Jamize Olawale leaves behind him, Sewo Olonilua checks all of the boxes. The opportunity is there for the taking. Now he just has to go out and prove he's the man for the job.

BearForce
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

And Brian Martin beat me to the punch:

Quote:

Olawale has been the starting FB and a core special teams player for the Dallas Cowboys for the past several years. His decision to opt out of the 2020 season leaves a hole that now needs to be filled. Believe it or not, but the Cowboys may already have someone capable of stepping in and filling that void.

Enter former TCU Running Back Sewo Olonilua.

Sewo Olonilua joined the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent after the completion of the 2020 NFL Draft. Back in June I wrote about how I think he could end up being the Cowboys most intriguing rookie and my intrigue has only intensified now that Jamize Olawale has decided he won't play this year.

Olonilua is a really intriguing player in my opinion. From his size (6'3, 240) to his skill set, the former TCU RB is someone who can play a variety of roles (FB, special teams, short yardage RB, pass protector, H-back) with the Cowboys and someone I believed could push Olawale for roster spot. It was a position battle I was actually looking forward to watching.

It's really going to be interesting to see what the Cowboys decide to do at FB. It's a position that has been pretty much phased out throughout the majority of the NFL, but not in Dallas as of yet. That could change under Mike McCarthy's tutelage, however, there's no way of knowing that right now.

If the Dallas Cowboys due decide to keep a FB on the active roster in 2020, Sewo Olonilua could be given the opportunity to prove he's capable of handling the job. He has the build and mental makeup to play the position, which should make his transition from RB to FB a relatively smooth one.

The shortened offseason doesn't help his case, but when it comes to players most capable of handling the responsibilities Jamize Olawale leaves behind him, Sewo Olonilua checks all of the boxes. The opportunity is there for the taking. Now he just has to go out and prove he's the man for the job.

Olonilua has an inside track at this point I think...man though I was having flashbacks of Zach Line at SMU and he was a load running and blocking as a FB. You remember him at SMU right?
Assassin
BearForce said:

Olonilua has an inside track at this point I think...man though I was having flashbacks of Zach Line at SMU and he was a load running and blocking as a FB. You remember him at SMU right?
Oh yes, he tore right through us
Assassin
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

135 yards on 25 carries.
BearForce
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

135 yards on 25 carries.
Yep, we are having the same flashbacks!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

135 yards on 25 carries.
what was his brothers name that was there a bit before him?
Assassin
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

135 yards on 25 carries.
It was Prescott Line, actually afterwards, now doing a graduate year at Mich State
Assassin
the little brother

BearForce
Assassin said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

135 yards on 25 carries.
It was Prescott Line, actually afterwards, now doing a graduate year at Mich State
That's right...I did forget about him
BearForce
Very interesting read on the practice squad rule, COVID edition. The upshot is any poaching of a practice squad player will pretty entail a new strategy.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/8/3/21353030/with-new-rules-about-the-practice-squad-heres-some-clarification-dallas-cowboys
BearForce
I know I sound a broken record but we better be an 11 personnel offense first and foremost

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/8/3/21352506/the-numbers-show-the-cowboys-are-dominant-in-11-personnel-ceedee-lamb-should-only-help

Quote:

11 personnel (1 RB, 1 TE, 3 WRs)

Why it works: With a tight end on the field, offenses can pick up an extra blocker on the line of scrimmage in pass protection while adding another gap to attack in the run game. And tight ends with pass-game upside give offensive coordinators another weapon in the toolbox to complement the three wide receivers on the field.

The team that ran it the best: In 2019, the Dallas Cowboys ran 713 snaps out of 11 personnel and averaged 7.16 yards per play while registering a league-best successful play rate of 50.4%. Quarterback Dak Prescott averaged 8.47 yards per attempt, with a league-leading 23 touchdown passes. And running back Ezekiel Elliott's 823 yards rushing led all backs on 11 personnel carries.

In addition to converting third downs at 48.1% tops in the league Dallas generated an NFL-high 54 explosive play receptions and averaged 5.44 yards per rush in this scheme.
Can I get an amen?
Assassin
BearForce said:

Very interesting read on the practice squad rule, COVID edition. The upshot is any poaching of a practice squad player will pretty entail a new strategy.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/8/3/21353030/with-new-rules-about-the-practice-squad-heres-some-clarification-dallas-cowboys
In summary, all 16 can be poached but you can protect 4 of them on Tuesday at 4pm for one week. However if someone puts in a claim at 3:59, they are gone?

Bellichk will send someone to Hawaii to poach. That way he gets an extra 4 hrs 59 minutes... INFLATABALLS!
Assassin
BearForce said:

I know I sound a broken record but we better be an 11 personnel offense first and foremost

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/8/3/21352506/the-numbers-show-the-cowboys-are-dominant-in-11-personnel-ceedee-lamb-should-only-help

Quote:

Why it works: With a tight end on the field, offenses can pick up an extra blocker on the line of scrimmage in pass protection while adding another gap to attack in the run game. And tight ends with pass-game upside give offensive coordinators another weapon in the toolbox to complement the three wide receivers on the field.

The team that ran it the best: In 2019, the Dallas Cowboys ran 713 snaps out of 11 personnel and averaged 7.16 yards per play while registering a league-best successful play rate of 50.4%. Quarterback Dak Prescott averaged 8.47 yards per attempt, with a league-leading 23 touchdown passes. And running back Ezekiel Elliott's 823 yards rushing led all backs on 11 personnel carries.

In addition to converting third downs at 48.1% tops in the league Dallas generated an NFL-high 54 explosive play receptions and averaged 5.44 yards per rush in this scheme.
Can I get an amen?
Just make sure we can get Andy ready for next year
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Quote:

Can I get an amen?
Just make sure we can get Andy ready for next year

Speaking of which, the article does mention Cincinnati and Dalton but you might not like the results.
BearForce
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

more cap space, does it mean they could add to salaries or go out and get another player if needed or..........? But a player is going to have to opt out?
First Page Last Page
Page 448 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.