Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,049 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

more cap space, does it mean they could add to salaries or go out and get another player if needed or..........? But a player is going to have to opt out?

Yes
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

more cap space, does it mean they could add to salaries or go out and get another player if needed or..........? But a player is going to have to opt out?

Yes
ok ha
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Yes
ok ha
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I know I sound a broken record but we better be an 11 personnel offense first and foremost

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/8/3/21352506/the-numbers-show-the-cowboys-are-dominant-in-11-personnel-ceedee-lamb-should-only-help

Quote:

11 personnel (1 RB, 1 TE, 3 WRs)

Why it works: With a tight end on the field, offenses can pick up an extra blocker on the line of scrimmage in pass protection while adding another gap to attack in the run game. And tight ends with pass-game upside give offensive coordinators another weapon in the toolbox to complement the three wide receivers on the field.

The team that ran it the best: In 2019, the Dallas Cowboys ran 713 snaps out of 11 personnel and averaged 7.16 yards per play while registering a league-best successful play rate of 50.4%. Quarterback Dak Prescott averaged 8.47 yards per attempt, with a league-leading 23 touchdown passes. And running back Ezekiel Elliott's 823 yards rushing led all backs on 11 personnel carries.

In addition to converting third downs at 48.1% tops in the league Dallas generated an NFL-high 54 explosive play receptions and averaged 5.44 yards per rush in this scheme.
Can I get an amen?
Just make sure we can get Andy ready for next year

Speaking of which, the article does mention Cincinnati and Dalton but you might not like the results.
not sure there will be another option next year
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

I know I sound a broken record but we better be an 11 personnel offense first and foremost

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/8/3/21352506/the-numbers-show-the-cowboys-are-dominant-in-11-personnel-ceedee-lamb-should-only-help

Quote:

Why it works: With a tight end on the field, offenses can pick up an extra blocker on the line of scrimmage in pass protection while adding another gap to attack in the run game. And tight ends with pass-game upside give offensive coordinators another weapon in the toolbox to complement the three wide receivers on the field.

The team that ran it the best: In 2019, the Dallas Cowboys ran 713 snaps out of 11 personnel and averaged 7.16 yards per play while registering a league-best successful play rate of 50.4%. Quarterback Dak Prescott averaged 8.47 yards per attempt, with a league-leading 23 touchdown passes. And running back Ezekiel Elliott's 823 yards rushing led all backs on 11 personnel carries.

In addition to converting third downs at 48.1% tops in the league Dallas generated an NFL-high 54 explosive play receptions and averaged 5.44 yards per rush in this scheme.
Can I get an amen?

Speaking of which, the article does mention Cincinnati and Dalton but you might not like the results.

Jameis? Cam?
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Quote:

Can I get an amen?

Jameis? Cam?
oh I hope not!!!!! Awful chills!
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Quote:

Can I get an amen?

Jameis? Cam?
Not sure you can argue that Dalton has been better than Cam. Jameis sure, but not Cam. That said, yeah I was kinda joking.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Quote:

Can I get an amen?

Jameis? Cam?
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Quote:

Can I get an amen?

Jameis? Cam?

I watched our astronauts on C Span yesterday.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Jameis? Cam?
Not sure you can argue that Dalton has been better than Cam. Jameis sure, but not Cam. That said, yeah I was kinda joking.
Jameis is a TD to an INT guy. Not good. Everything with Cam revolves around his legs.

Andy
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
Last year Winston threw THIRTY Ints
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Last year Winston threw THIRTY Ints
He was horrible. But, I have never been impressed with his reputation. I would never want to see a star on him! No way.
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Jameis? Cam?
Jameis is a TD to an INT guy. Not good. Everything with Cam revolves around his legs.

Andy

You do know I was joking right? None of them are good options, including Dalton.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Jameis? Cam?

Andy

You do know I was joking right? None of them are good options, including Dalton.
So we are gonna rely on a joke next year... ouch....
Assassin
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Jameis? Cam?

Andy

Exactly!
Wichitabear
During the season, talks could change things. We don't know what will or could change. We are not privy to all conversations.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Jameis? Cam?

Andy

Exactly!
I dont get it from Dak's standpoint. If the rumors are true that he wanted to sign but ran out of time, surely we would know that by now.
Assassin
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Jameis? Cam?

Andy

Exactly!
I dont get it from Dak's standpoint. If the rumors are true that he wanted to sign but ran out of time, surely we would know that by now.
I think what is going to happen is when the cap goes down next year, he is gonna end up with some 2nd or 3rd tier team. And we will be okay with a second tier QB that doesnt necessarily have the big arm but doesnt mmake mistakes, a Nick Flo game manager type
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Jameis? Cam?

Andy

Exactly!
How do you run out of time if you knew about the deal and he was wanting to work on it or accept it and boom clock stops at 5. Sorry
Assassin
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Jameis? Cam?

Andy

Exactly!
How do you run out of time if you knew about the deal and he was wanting to work on it or accept it and boom clock stops at 5. Sorry
I think he felt like his agent was pushing too hard and would be happy with $a zillion dollars. If if he only got half a zillion a year - for only four years.
BearForce
The truth may come out at some point but I think this really got hung up on the years of 5 vs 4. Nothing any of us can do about it other than hope everyone is professional, and I think that will be the case, and it will play out one way or the other. I guess the one thing I really have to ding Stephen and Jerry on is why give Dak the exclusive tag when you could have had someone possibly set the market for you or you walk away with some 1st round draft picks, especially if you felt Todd France was going to be difficult.
BearForce
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

wonderful news!
Assassin
BearForce said:

The truth may come out at some point but I think this really got hung up on the years of 5 vs 4. Nothing any of us can do about it other than hope everyone is professional, and I think that will be the case, and it will play out one way or the other. I guess the one thing I really have to ding Stephen and Jerry on is why give Dak the exclusive tag when you could have had someone possibly set the market for you or you walk away with some 1st round draft picks, especially if you felt Todd France was going to be difficult.
Always thought there was more to it than that. But boy oh boy did negotiations go into the crapper when CAA got involved two years ago
Assassin
still will bring a tear to your eye

Wichitabear
Assassin said:

still will bring a tear to your eye

This is so sad. You sure know how to brighten a day Assassin
BearForce
Interesting
Wichitabear
Hmmm wonder what that is all about
Wichitabear
Where are y'all!!!!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Interesting

Todd doesnt need them with his projected DakWindfall
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Interesting

Yep, nice of Jerry to give Todd that money.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Interesting

Yep, nice of Jerry to give Todd that money.
It will be interesting to see the tug of war. Will CAA keep him, will Dak jump ship to France. Does Dak even speak French? Questions, questions, questions....
BearForce
Ouch...to be fair that is more like Mitch Tribisky
Assassin
Cowboys had to waive wide receiver Kendrick Rogers, an undrafted rookie from Texas A&M.
First Page Last Page
Page 449 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.