Football
Sponsored by

Aranda speaking to packed house of THSCA coaches

1,846 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boognish_bear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rhule did a great job of endearing Baylor to Texas HS football coaches by how he filled out his staff, pledging not to recruit any players from IMG Academy, and just being accessible through camps and other avenues.

Looks like Aranda is keeping that going with his high football IQ and down to earth personality.

boognish_bear
boognish_bear

historian
We are very blessed to have Coach Aranda & his staff.
boognish_bear
bear2be2
boognish_bear said:

I don't know what the hell he's talking about half the time, but I love the way Dave Aranda thinks. That is one thoughtful, introspective man. I wish there were more like him in college and pro sports.
BU82EX
Coach Aranda certainly 'gets it' and its unfortunate that he is one of the few. How many power brokers in college football are thinking about teaching kids about character and helping them develop academically. Instead we chase the money. One day when we look back at the carnage that will befall college football, some intellectual scholar will ponder the day when college football went from being all about creating a great student experience and culture to the almighty dollar. I love Gordon Gecko, but in college football I do not agree that Greed is Good (and neither is ESPN for that matter)!
ABC BEAR
My favorite Dave Aranda quote: "On game day I'm as nervous as a pig in a packing plant."

.....oops my mistake.....that was a Darrell Royal quote.
historian
bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

I don't know what the hell he's talking about half the time, but I love the way Dave Aranda thinks. That is one thoughtful, introspective man. I wish there were more like him in college and pro sports.

And in life in general.
historian
BU82EX said:

Coach Aranda certainly 'gets it' and its unfortunate that he is one of the few. How many power brokers in college football are thinking about teaching kids about character and helping them develop academically. Instead we chase the money. One day when we look back at the carnage that will befall college football, some intellectual scholar will ponder the day when college football went from being all about creating a great student experience and culture to the almighty dollar. I love Gordon Gecko, but in college football I do not agree that Greed is Good (and neither is ESPN for that matter)!

Greed is never good. It's one of the seven deadly sins. Also, I'm reluctant to take much stock in the importance of lines from movies. Hollywood is the last place to seek advice on anything in life!
boognish_bear
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.