Football
Sponsored by

Gold out next week against Ok St

4,742 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by curtpenn
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wonder if the team will be full mustard?

Russell Gym
COME ON OLDS, WEAR YOUR GOLD!!!
BellCountyBear
When will game time be announced?
Russell Gym
McCavebear
BellCountyBear said:

When will game time be announced?
It will be a 2:30 kick next Saturday.
McCavebear Lives!
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
We are undefeated at 3-0 in the full mustard

PartyBear
Not a fan of going all gold or all mustard but actually prefer the gold uni from 09 of the two options.
BUBBFAN
PartyBear said:

Not a fan of going all gold or all mustard but actually prefer the gold uni from 09 of the two options.
Mustard is the way to go.
IowaBear
These are an alternate for ncaa 14 with the bears (yes I still play from time to time) I always use that combo
No Longer Gold
boognish_bear said:

I thought that was bad until I saw the Yellow. Give me that All Gold any day above the current All Yellow.
No Longer Gold
boognish_bear said:

whats the point? colors have nothing to do with wins.

Colors have to do with respect to tradition, history, and to bring generations of alum together with shared experiences.
Jorkel
boognish_bear said:

One of the worst I've ever seen
CorsicanaBear
Yep, those were bad, as bad as the current uniforms. Fortunately the 2009 unis were recognized as the crap they were and discontinued. The existence of crappy uniforms in the past does not excuse crappy uniforms in the present.

Bring back traditional gold helmets (the only thing that needs to be gold), green jerseys and white pants.

Sorry I replied to the wrong post. I meant to reply to the one above.
No Longer Gold
CorsicanaBear said:

Yep, those were bad, as bad as the current uniforms. Fortunately the 2009 unis were recognized as the crap they were and discontinued. The existence of crappy uniforms in the past does not excuse crappy uniforms in the present.

Bring back traditional gold helmets (the only thing that needs to be gold), green jerseys and white pants.

Sorry I replied to the wrong post. I meant to reply to the one above.
totally agree....although I do like the gold pants as well. Gold (not yellow), Green, Gold (not yellow), and Gold (not yellow), White, Gold (not yellow) are perfect and should be the core, signature look. then they can play with some other options.
Reverend
We are proving the uglier your uniform the tougher you are. I'd make them uglier but my imagination isn't that good.
boognish_bear
historian
boognish_bear said:

Maybe we should go full on queso more often. That's a record to build on.
โ€œIncline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!โ€
Psalm 119:36
JP1037
Any of you boys know curtpenn? That clown spent half a dozen posts and salty insults insisting the team and players don't care if we wear gold or not. Maybe he only gets Wi-Fi at the library?
cowboycwr
And half the fans will not wear gold because they "don't like the shade of yellow" or feel they "don't look good in gold" or an of the other excuses they use to not wear the correct color because they worry more about their looks for the game then the fact it looks good on tv when the whole stadium matches.
No Longer Gold
cowboycwr said:

And half the fans will not wear gold because they "don't like the shade of yellow" or feel they "don't look good in gold" or an of the other excuses they use to not wear the correct color because they worry more about their looks for the game then the fact it looks good on tv when the whole stadium matches.
its none of those excuses....i promise....
KajunKarlsdad
I really hate the mustard yellow gold but it's what we have. I love the old gold color, probably since I grew up wearing that shade of gold from elementary through high school....hated being Tigers wearing purple with it. I don't like wearing yellow but will be wearing it Saturday, after not being able to make any games last year in McLane (thanks a lot Ida!) I'm just glad to be back there. At least I did get to the Sugar Bowl last year since it's close to my home.
No Longer Gold
KajunKarlsdad said:

I really hate the mustard yellow gold but it's what we have. I love the old gold color, probably since I grew up wearing that shade of gold from elementary through high school....hated being Tigers wearing purple with it. I don't like wearing yellow but will be wearing it Saturday, after not being able to make any games last year in McLane (thanks a lot Ida!) I'm just glad to be back there. At least I did get to the Sugar Bowl last year since it's close to my home.
yep. the yellow sucks.
BUBBFAN
swart dra mislei jou said:

KajunKarlsdad said:

yep. the yellow sucks.
Let's all find something to B itch about.
Wicked_Wombat
Surely - if Tennessee can organize this...Baylor's fan can fill McLane with one color.

No Longer Gold
Wicked_Wombat said:

Surely - if Tennessee can organize this...Baylor's fan can fill McLane with one color.

lets just start with what we know will work first. All green.
Bear8084

Wicked_Wombat said:

Looks like empty seats.
No Longer Gold
Bear8084 said:

Wicked_Wombat said:

Looks like empty seats.
you mean like the yellow empty seats behind the visiting team....BU should paint all the bleachers Green, that way if the crowd is light, it would still look like BU fans are sitting in those seats....
Jorkel
Bear8084 said:

Wicked_Wombat said:

Looks like empty seats.

Not really
Bear8084
Jorkel said:

Bear8084 said:

Wicked_Wombat said:

Looks like empty seats.

Not really

Looks pretty bad on TV.
cowboycwr

cowboycwr said:

For as long as I can remember it has been those excuses for many. They are more worried about dressing nice or how they look in green or the shade of yellow, etc. than supporting the team.
cowboycwr
Bear8084 said:

Jorkel said:

Bear8084 said:

Wicked_Wombat said:

Looks like empty seats.

Not really

Looks pretty bad on TV.
You must be the only one who thinks that. Every one else says it looks good. Same when Penn State does their white out.
IowaBear
Agreed! Looks great! With that said people will find anything to ***** about. *****ing about wearing gold to a game to help create a home field advantage seems like pathetic reason to complain
No Longer Gold
Bear8084 said:

Jorkel said:

Bear8084 said:

Wicked_Wombat said:

Looks like empty seats.

Not really

Looks pretty bad on TV.
not really
No Longer Gold
cowboycwr said:

cowboycwr said:

For as long as I can remember it has been those excuses for many. They are more worried about dressing nice or how they look in green or the shade of yellow, etc. than supporting the team.
nope. Its just the excuses you want them to have so you ridicule them.

The excuse to not wear yellow is, and has always been, because thats not what Baylor fans do, Not what Baylor fans have ever done, and therefore should not be something Baylor fans ever do in the future.

Baylor fans wear green, always have, always should going forward.

And Baylor football players are historically recognized as wearing GOLD (not yellow) helmets with the national recognized, traditional interlocking BU.

If Baylor wants to get cute with another color every now and then, or put a different logo on it for a game every now and then, fine, but the above is what Baylor is, and has always been.

Who are we to change it? Think this generation is better than the dozens before them? Its just flat out insulting.....
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.