Football
Sponsored by

Game time for Baylor and Oklahoma State

2,043 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Chamberman
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
BaylorGrad09
The fact that it's the premier game on Fox but not the game with the Fox pregame show is disappointing.
Alf
Ugh, I know it will officially be October but it's gonna be damn hot. Would've rather early or late start.
vanillabryce
This game is huuuuge for the B12. I'm just glad it's not the 11 am time slot.

OSU hasn't played anyone yet. Central Michigan scored a bunch of second half points on them, and ASU is/was in shambles.

We've been tested twice, but they have 2 weeks a to prepare. Should be a close one, but Bears prevail
Stefano DiMera
Shouldn't be .cool front moves into North Texas tomorrow..highs are forecast mid to high 80s with lows in high 50s
hodedofome
It can still be pretty hot in the middle of the afternoon even with the cool front coming in.
Jack Bauer
BaylorGrad09 said:

The fact that it's the premier game on Fox but not the game with the Fox pregame show is disappointing.

I wonder if Gus and Joel will call our game or are now beholden to only do B1G games.
Jack Bauer
Keep in mind that Fox Pregame has gone to the powerhouse programs of Purdue, Nebraska and Iowa this year.

They went to Michigan when they were 17 pt favorites over Maryland.

The only Big12 visit was to Texas when they played #1 Alabama
Fre3dombear
We all See what is happening as they push big10 / sec.

Everyone else will be "below the fold" from here on out. Smacks of desperation before it all collapses under the absurd costs
DanaDane
Fre3dombear said:

Everyone else will be "below the fold" from here on out. Smacks of desperation before it all collapses under the absurd costs
Yup. Big 12, Pac 12 and ACC better get used to being 2nd class citizens. All network eyes will be on the B1G and SEC going forward. Big 12, Pac 12 and ACC will be nothing more than filler content and focus.
historian
Alf said:

Ugh, I know it will officially be October but it's gonna be damn hot. Would've rather early or late start.

Actually this entire week will be several degrees cooler. The forecast now predicts a high of 90. That's still hot by normal standards but not for Texans. When we had a similar cold front a few months ago it was refreshing. Granted, I didn't remain in the sun for several hours then. Everyone at McLane may get a break.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
DanaDane said:

Fre3dombear said:

Yup. Big 12, Pac 12 and ACC better get used to being 2nd class citizens. All network eyes will be on the B1G and SEC going forward. Big 12, Pac 12 and ACC will be nothing more than filler content and focus.

i know it's a long shot but that may change over time if we keep beating them when we play them. I mean as conferences not only individual teams.
Jorkel
historian said:

DanaDane said:

Fre3dombear said:

i know it's a long shot but that may change over time if we keep beating them when we play them. I mean as conferences not only individual teams.

Only team that has beaten the SEC and Big 10 Daddies when it matters has been Clemson.
historian
In 2013 OU beat Bama by 14 in the Sugar Bowl. That was after the amazing kickoff return in the Iron Bowl. I know, Bama didn't care about the Sugar Bowl because they felt they should have been playing for a natty. That's the usual excuse, isn't it?

My response is that that is the attitude of a loser. If someone is not playing to win, for any reason, they find deserve to win. It's a lame, whining excuse.
boykin_spaniel
Gus deserves more exciting games than Iowa vs Illinois. Nothing to get really excited about a 3-0 game…
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
vanillabryce said:

This game is huuuuge for the B12. I'm just glad it's not the 11 am time slot.

OSU hasn't played anyone yet. Central Michigan scored a bunch of second half points on them, and ASU is/was in shambles.

We've been tested twice, but they have 2 weeks a to prepare. Should be a close one, but Bears prevail
I like the way you think.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Jack Bauer
TV: FOX Talent: Jason Benetti (pxp), Brock Huard (analyst)

Boo!

So Gus and Joel called Maryland at Michigan last week and they are going to call Michigan at Iowa this week?

and the week after Rutgers at Northwestern?
JP1037
Jorkel said:

Only team that has beaten the SEC and Big 10 Daddies when it matters has been Clemson.
I assume you mean the only time during a national championship fight. You may recall Baylor beat Ole Miss in the Sugar Bowl. I know it wasn't a playoff game but it did end us up at #5. Many would agree that while it wasn't for all the marbles, it mattered.
Chamberman
Television is a business. They sell advertising time. The higher the expected ratings the more they can charge for that time.

I don't expect Baylor to get preferred time slots over Bama or even Texas for that matter, it's just business. ESPN and Fox don't have a grudge against Baylor, it's business.

As long as we're part of a conference that has a nationally televised deal, then I'm good. I don't live in Texas, Oklahoma, or Kansas, so seeing games in person is limited to a few games a year. So being able to watch them on TV is a must. But, I don't need the prime time slot.

Now you convince the Trustees to open up admissions and grow the university to 30,000 plus students and we massively grow our alumni base, then we will be more attractive to the networks. It's just business.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.