Football
Sponsored by

next up - Oklahoma Aggies

3,477 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by historian
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear
curtpenn
Bakersdozen said:

I have watched every game - my wife is a OSU alumni and huge fan. It was part of the marriage package. Worst day of the year comes Saturday. I lose either way.

They have as good of a DL as we do. I really thought they would take a step back on defense with a new DC but in 3 games against lesser competition, they have looked pretty good (except for 2H of first game).

It appears Sanders has leaned some lessons, but we shall see Saturday under duress. I think our DL will put pressure on him, but he can flat out run the same as Martinez on KSU. He is that good of a runner.

They play smash mouth football and get to the ball quickly on defense. Central Michigan tore up their secondary in 2H of first game, but they had a HUGE lead.

I think we have a good shot of winning but they will come in with a chip on their shoulder after the Big 12 game - much like BYU.

They are by far the best team we have faced this year. Dekker just wasn't the QB that Sanders is, unless he falters like last year. I am betting he doesn't and the game is super close.

Married to a Sooner for 40 years now whose dad had season tickets for over 40 years. I feel your pain.
vanillabryce
I'm less worried about Sanders beating us with his arm; more worried about him scrambling on 3rd and long.

I think they won't turn him loose on many designed run plays.

Their defensive secondary is young so that may help our WRs out.
MrGolfguy
historian said:

If not Ika, then Randolph, Franklin, or maybe a safety.
B. Jackson will say hello at some point
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
historian
MrGolfguy said:

historian said:

If not Ika, then Randolph, Franklin, or maybe a safety.
B. Jackson will say hello at some point

Yes!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Hob Howelll
Not guaranteeing a win, but I like our chances. Oklahoma State has not played a game on the road this year. Spencer Sanders is doing a better job taking care of the ball, but I feel like he is due for some interceptions, and I think Aranda has his number to an extent. Their offense is good, but again they have only played at home and they haven't played any great defenses. Their secondary is meh. Their best win was against Arizona State, a team whose assistant coaches were actively trying to sabotage their team to get their head coach fired. That's a little bit like beating Baylor circa 2016. idk why, but I am feeling better about this game that I did at Iowa State
Baylor University class of 2014
GShack
Karab said:

Interesting stats: "Gundy is 8 for 8 in games coming off bye weeks against lower ranked opponents in the last decade and 13-3 in games where the line is within 3 points."

Where did you see this stat?
historian
Another streak for Baylor to break
Karab
Some OSU fan on Reddit
MrGolfguy
Officially announced, uniforms for OSU

ALL. GOLD. EVERYTHING.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
historian
MrGolfguy said:

Officially announced, uniforms for OSU

ALL. GOLD. EVERYTHING.

That will look great!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.