Football
Sponsored by

Everybody hates Texas

2,854 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BUVA
Chamberman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As I watched games all day Saturday, I noticed in two different games between plays when the cameras did close up shots of fans, specifically the OU fans during their KSU game and Arkansas fans during their A&M game, they all were doing the Horns down. I get the hate for Texas, but even when you're not playing them in the middle of another game?
CutTheTVoff
This is a dramatic shift from the Darrell Royal days when Texas was basically America's team. Now they're the cockroaches of football.
osogreen
It's overdone and lost its impact.

I heard a rumor that children in China use it when they denounce their teacher to the thought police.
Redbrickbear
u.t. austin just sucks that much.

Everyone hates them... and everyone has reason to do so.
Married A Horn
Cracks me up that the snowflakes in austin get soooo butthurt over 'horns down'.
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
chorne68
It is true...everyone hates Texas.
BBWCBear
Chamberman said:

As I watched games all day Saturday, I noticed in two different games between plays when the cameras did close up shots of fans, specifically the OU fans during their KSU game and Arkansas fans during their A&M game, they all were doing the Horns down. I get the hate for Texas, but even when you're not playing them in the middle of another game?
Hate runs deep with some rivalries/Conference opponents... FANS!! Encountering wHorn followers (alum, casual, T-shirt) for sixty plus years it's impossible to get the taste out of your mouth. The things I've endured over the years you can't turn the other cheek. Oh... and then there's aggy.
Married A Horn
BBWCBear said:

Chamberman said:

Hate runs deep with some rivalries/Conference opponents... FANS!! Encountering wHorn followers (alum, casual, T-shirt) for sixty plus years it's impossible to get the taste out of your mouth. The things I've endured over the years you can't turn the other cheek. Oh... and then there's aggy.

aggy is a cult...you raise an eyebrow in confusion when encountering them

Whorn is arrogant elitist pr1cks and everyone hates them
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
Chamberman
Married A Horn said:

And why did you marry one?
Married A Horn
D cup
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
Mothballs
CutTheTVoff said:

This is a dramatic shift from the Darrell Royal days when Texas was basically America's team. Now they're the cockroaches of football.

Darrell was folksy, homespun and humble...a very likable person. I saw on Surly that Royal was basically forced out by the Athletic Department because he didn't fit the new corporate image that the whorns were moving toward. We all see what that got them. Sheesh!
Mothballs
Chamberman said:

Married A Horn said:

And why did you marry one?

Love is blind my friend. Sometimes deaf and dumb too. Unfortunately way too many of us fall into all three categories.
RegentCoverup
Married A Horn said:

D cup
I laughed.
Chamberman
Married A Horn said:

D cup
That'll do it.
atomicblast
**** Texas. I dont think they have ever been nice or done anything for Baylor. Every Longhorn I've met had their head up their ass. I say **** Texas.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Married A Horn said:

D cup
Nice and well played.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
LIB,MR BEARS
Married A Horn said:

D cup
Russell Gym
When you go Horns Down and you're not even playing them, you are owned.
Chamberman said:

Russell Gym
Married A Horn said:

D cup

Still undefeated.
Fre3dombear
Russell Gym said:

Married A Horn said:

D cup

Still undefeated.

Only one thing can beat it
LIB,MR BEARS
Fre3dombear said:

Russell Gym said:

Married A Horn said:

D cup

Still undefeated.

Only one thing can beat it
poor wording

…or not
contrario
Around the time ut won their national championship in football, they also won a national championship in tack or some other non-revenue sport. I approached a ut grad co-worker of mine and congratulated his school winning the nc in whatever sport it was. His reply was, "oh, I didn't even hear about that one. But that's the great thing about ut, we are good at everything." I still give him sht to this day about that comment lol
BearlyBeloved
The long knives are out, and they are being planted . . .

. . . deep in the heart of Texas!

PLSQL_BEAR
Married A Horn said:

D cup

You win the forums for today!
(I hope your wife doesn't read Sic'EM 365.)
Mothballs
Married A Horn said:

BBWCBear said:

Chamberman said:

aggy is a cult...you raise an eyebrow in confusion when encountering them

Not the homeless. The homeless love ut. Their campus is littered with them.
WarBU
Definitely not overdone and gained impact since they lobbied for 15 yards.
Jayman1963
osogreen said:

It's overdone and lost its impact.

I heard a rumor that children in China use it when they denounce their teacher to the thought police.
In China, wouldn't horns down actually be horns up here?!?!?
Married A Horn
PLSQL_BEAR said:

Married A Horn said:

D cup

You win the forums for today!
(I hope your wife doesn't read Sic'EM 365.)

Sent a screenshot to her.
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
ScottS
What if UT finishes last in the conference?
BUGWBBear
Then Married a Horn has plenty of consolation fun time to spend. Unless it's Baylor that puts them there. :lol
Married A Horn
BUGWBBear said:

Then Married a Horn has plenty of consolation fun time to spend. Unless it's Baylor that puts them there. :lol

Worth it
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
drahthaar
Mothballs said:

CutTheTVoff said:

Darrell was folksy, homespun and humble...a very likable person. I saw on Surly that Royal was basically forced out by the Athletic Department because he didn't fit the new corporate image that the whorns were moving toward. We all see what that got them. Sheesh!

Evidently, some folks on Surly don't know their own institutional history.
BUVA
contrario said:

Around the time ut won their national championship in football, they also won a national championship in tack or some other non-revenue sport. I approached a ut grad co-worker of mine and congratulated his school winning the nc in whatever sport it was. His reply was, "oh, I didn't even hear about that one. But that's the great thing about ut, we are good at everything." I still give him sht to this day about that comment lol

They're apparently good at swimming, as one football recruit pointed out during their visit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.