Football
Sponsored by

ISU blaming the refs

3,182 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Robert Wilson
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
F the refs and F Baylor | CycloneFanatic: The Internet's most popular site for fans of the Iowa State Cyclones
bear2be2
You know who blames refs after losses? Losers.
BluesBear
How about you complain to your coaches about the lack of adjustments, players failing to make the necessary blocks, etc.....

Refs are going to make mistakes....GMAFB
Stefano DiMera
The only time a blame a ref is if the call is a last second or last minute bad call..they had plenty of time to adjust to the horrible targeting call.
drahthaar
The Freyler call was legit as was the facemask call. Those folks need to take a good look at the tape before going off for these two calls. They should stick with the missed calls by this gaggle of refs and do missed calls both ways. I think for 2022 the ref profession has decided that holding must be an open-field WWF takedown. And the idea that ISU kicked ass the first half is laughable, and that's including the late first half snooze by the D on their TD.
EatMoreSalmon
That thread looks like a few on here after some tough losses. Some ref blame, some "gotta get over adversity" talk.

Football is emotional for fans. Some need help to get to a better place mentally after tough losses. Hopefully there are more fans with a broad outlook to keep others from becoming the "hoodlum" types.
Hoodlum types will always be the ones that hear but don't understand...

(See the vid of Tech fans attacking a UT fan in Lubbock.)
DanaDane
No school has ever lost a game without being cheated by the refs according to pretty much every fanbase.
Hob Howelll
I appreciate that there are at least a few fans on that thread basically saying "we got out played" which is the truth of the matter
Baylor University class of 2014
Alf
Honestly, There would've been a lot of ref blaming on this board if roles were reversed.
DanaDane
There's a lot of ref blaming on this board (and every board) even when we win!
wongobear
Well, there was one team that got a fumble through the end zone call overturned and it wasn't Baylor. I'd say that's a pretty big call going their way.
gobears20
Staff
wongobear said:

Well, there was one team that got a fumble through the end zone call overturned and it wasn't Baylor. I'd say that's a pretty big call going their way.
And that was on a td or no td call
Mothballs
gobears20 said:

wongobear said:

And that was on a td or no td call

The delusion is strong with this one.

Quote:

How about just a f'n straight up game? Why should the Iowa states of the world always have to be double digits better just to come out with a win? What the f did Baylor do to deserve such preferential treatment? Big 12 seems to think they are spinning the wheels for the betterment of the conference, all they are really doing is contributing to the eventual collapse. No reason for schools like isu to stick around the moment they have a viable option.

He thinks other conferences want them. How's that application to the BIG 10 working out for them?
IowaBear
The only viable option for them is the MWC, they're never getting into the B10… ever
wongobear
Hurting after a loss can make you look straight past a call that gave you a TD and claim the refs called an unfair game. I actually get it - you can be delusional about your team when hurt.

It is weird to read their comments and realize they think of us as a privileged school from Texas. I guess things are going our way at the moment but won't a school like ISU always have a ton more alumni and potential for sports revenue than Baylor?

Plus, if they think we always get the call, they should watch the Texas St game . . .
robertr18
Years ago it was the sheep people that regularly blamed the refs or not enough time on the clock for their losses.

Play the best you can and let others come up with excuses.
Mothballs
Quote:

If you want to beat the baylors of this new football world...the bears are buying players because their alums want a natl championship!

ISU alums need to get off their fat asses and put their money where their mouths reside!!

This has to be the "Baylor Mafia" guy from texags .
contrario
They are called corn aggys for a reason…
alanmarmstrong
Two of their three TDs weren't TDs, what game were they watching...lol
Bear8084
The ticky-tack calls on them weren't game changers, but those calls on their fake TDs could have been. They need to be quiet for sure.
bear2be2
Alf said:

Honestly, There would've been a lot of ref blaming on this board if roles were reversed.
And that would have been stupid, too.
Shakesbear
alanmarmstrong said:

The TB reversal was cray-cray, but what was the other one ?
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
IowaBear
Their first TD, looked like an incomplete pass
Alf
IowaBear said:

Yea I forgot about that, can't believe they didn't review that play. Probably figured there would be a riot if they overturned the call
BearFan33
IowaBear said:

And wasn't reviewed as far as I could tell
ScottS
alanmarmstrong said:

Yep, the refs gift them more than 50% of their points and they still want to blame the refs.
osogreen
The blocking below the waist on ISU's defensive player was the only questionable call in my opinion.

The cornerback was about to get mauled and went fetal. He went into self preservation mode and I can't blame him for that.

We can blame the refs for the BYU loss but that was on us. No excuses.

ISU turned the ball over three times, not the refs.
IowaBear
That rule in general is tricky because not a single DB or safety who goes high on a lineman is ending up on their ass.
Mothballs
IowaBear said:

That rule in general is tricky because not a single DB or safety who goes high on a lineman isn't ending up on their ass.

I listened to JMo and JJ call the BYU game. BYU got at least two of those calls against them. JJ basically said what you are saying. A 300+ lbs lineman coming at a DB and you gotta take those big boys low. Nothing else you can do. This rule needs to be revisited at the end of the season.
IowaBear
I get it, safety for o lineman. But in doing so we've put DBs at significant injury risk.
JP1037
All three of these things are simultaneously true:
Bad calls can cost another team the game.
ISU got a bad call on the block below the waste.
Baylor won the game because they were better.
Fre3dombear
Who do they think they are ? North Carolina?

Baylor has gotten all the calls for generations
gobears20
Staff
You have to love the Big 12 reffs when they make their own rules up. Baylor needs to find out how that was a td. I would want to see their camera angles from the booth. I have always been told that the only camera views they have are what we see on replay.
LIB,MR BEARS
I'd post on their thread something about throwing shade but, I don't think they'd see the humor.
Fre3dombear
gobears20 said:

You have to love the Big 12 reffs when they make their own rules up. Baylor needs to find out how that was a td. I would want to see their camera angles from the booth. I have always been told that the only camera views they have are what we see on replay.

The specific wording the official used on live tv told me exactly why they overturned the call
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.