Football
Sponsored by

So far not close to a sellout for Saturday

5,680 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FLBear5630
Karab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The only way you are getting people to color coordinate is to give out free T-shirts at their seats.
Fre3dombear
DallasBear9902 said:

Fre3dombear said:

I Swear we're the only fan base like this

You can get people to wear Orange, burnt Orange, purple, neon, etc but our ******ed fans will be like "I'm not wearing yellow…that's stupid"

Like anyone gives a **** if they look good
Or not. It's about unity

I agree with you 100%…. But when does the athletic department get the message that this is never going to work? Do a black out or green.

Blackouts are banished until we go back to sleep
Hob Howelll
The comments on the Facebook post from the athletic department talking about the gold out are disappointing. Look, I'm just going to say it, I don't get why the boomer demographic of our Fanbase is so stubborn. Judging by the comments, you would think that getting asked to wear gold is like getting asked to convert to Islam or something
Baylor University class of 2014
BUBBFAN
Baylor fans by in large ate just lame, and that is for all sports.
ScottS
BUBBFAN said:

ate?
blackie
The Hound said:

The comments on the Facebook post from the athletic department talking about the gold out are disappointing. Look, I'm just going to say it, I don't get why the boomer demographic of our Fanbase is so stubborn. Judging by the comments, you would think that getting asked to wear gold is like getting asked to convert to Islam or something
I am a boomer, and when I went to games I always wore what I was suppose to wear. You need to direct you comments to the 30 - 40s crowd. They were the biggest offenders when we were still able to go to games. Gold clashed with their hair, or some such ridiculous excuse.

Too much undue criticism is directed at the people who gave the money over decades to get to where your age group could go watch competitive high-level football and basketball. When we were your age and older, all we got was ridicule for what we put on the field.
Hob Howelll
blackie said:

The Hound said:

I am a boomer, and when I went to games I always wore what I was suppose to wear. You need to direct you comments to the 30 - 40s crowd. They were the biggest offenders when we were still able to go to games. Gold clashed with their hair, or some such ridiculous excuse.

Too much undue criticism is directed at the people who gave the money over decades to get to where your age group could go watch competitive high-level football and basketball. When we were your age and older, all we got was ridicule for what we put on the field.

I get that. Most of the offenders in the Facebook comments are older folks though.
Baylor University class of 2014
Fre3dombear
BUBBFAN said:

This is 100% true and with the male largely disappearing from the student body across americas colleges, I suspect we are at the zenith of fandom

Enjoy
historian
Jayballer said:

Wow for real ? -I guess maybe it's because I'm not a frequent observer on Baylor but this really surprises me. Baylor has established it'self s one of the top programs in football in the Big 12, just find it hard to believe/understand why not sold out ?

As a KU fan that's fairly new on the board and have been accepted by the fans of this board just my observation. I mean with our situation I can see no sell outs-- well now there is and love it but Baylor's program ? - - Should be no reason why the fans aren't enjoying the Saturday afternoon enjoying exciting gams what a way to have a great past time and support the guys.

Now I apologize but I'm not sure who you play Saturday -don't think it should really matter You guys have a sweet team - -Just surprised me as the thread stated not even close , I don't understand that.

Anyways just saying my friends - -hope you have a great Saturday

It should be close to sold out. If it's not it will be due to the weather: people expect it will be hot & Texas dimmers can be brutal. See the 2019 Iowa State game or the hotter UTSA game a couple weeks earlier. (180 degrees on the turf)

Funny thing, though, we've had cooler temps all week & that's forecast for the next week. High should be low 90s instead of high 90s which isn't too bad. For Texas. A nice breeze from them river often helps.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
Towels and pom-poms do not have the same impact as people wearing gold shirts. It's pathetic that do many Baylor fans are afraid to wear them for the silliest of reasons. I think someone above nailed it: it's vanity.

If they won't wear a shirt they won't wave pom-poms.
BearlyBeloved
Mr. T says to wear gold or else!

whitetrash
As of 10:08am Friday, the seat map shows 102 seats available at the top of Section 320 and 2 singles available in Section 328. Plus "low availability" on the berm.
wongobear
whitetrash said:

As of 10:08am Friday, the seat map shows 102 seats available at the top of Section 320 and 2 singles available in Section 328. Plus "low availability" on the berm.
Easily above 99% and it's not even Friday afternoon.

I think they tried several things to fill the stands - good for them.

I have some friends with a HS senior and they were offered a deal for parents' weekend for their senior to come to the game along with them for some low price offer. They have another kid at Baylor so it was a no-brainer.
DallasBear9902
The Hound said:

We are a Baptist school. You're not sure why individualism and stubbornness are part of our culture?
Art_E_Guinn
blackie said:

The Hound said:

okay, excellent point. no doubt.

i will say that i could imagine some older folks getting worked up about being "required" to wear something due to post-Covid annoyance (or just being old and not giving AF).

i also think there are two very very different types of Boomer Baylor fans, and IMO the small percentage who are actively engaged online tend to not see it the way you do. they don't understand Baylor's place in the historical hierarchy of college football. the types of fans who think the SEC might add Baylor in the next few years.
BUmoneymaker
FYI, stubhub sucks monkey blz. They charge services and fulfillment fees at 30% of each ticket. So even 3 upper level tickets advertised at $65 each ends up being $260.

Instead of a service fee per order they assess an $18 service fee AND an additional $2 fulfillment fee on each $60 ticket

Plus they charge the seller almost the same amount on the other side. They rake that money effectively 30% to 40% of each base ticket price and I stopped using it years ago.

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
CST Bear
Considering the opponent: tomorrow's about as good as it's gonna get at McLane this year.

Anyone complaining about wearing gold yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhh this is why we're soft.

I'll be there (in gold) loud and lubricated. SicEm.
whitetrash
whitetrash said:

11:47am update:

98 remain in 320 and 2 in 328, but an additional 50 just came online in 317 (which IIRC is part of the visitors allotment). Berm is now listed as unavailable.
whitetrash
whitetrash said:

whitetrash said:

11:47am update:

98 remain in 320 and 2 in 328, but an additional 50 just came online in 317 (which IIRC is part of the visitors allotment). Berm is now listed as unavailable.
3:28pm update:

85 remain in 320 and 2 in 328. 317 and berm sold out.
whitetrash
BU Athletics posted on FB about 10:30 that game is sold out.
ScottS
whitetrash said:

BU Athletics posted on FB about 10:30 that game is sold out.
Wait....based on the title of this thread I thought it wasn't close.
historian
I lot can change in a few days.
BearlyBeloved
Totally sold
Totally gold
And it shall be told
That our defense will hold
And the Cowboys will fold
Jorkel
I'd rather have a bunch of mismatched bafoons that show up than a non sold out gold game. However I also think wearing gold should just become the norm and fans wear it every home game. Makes the color decisions easy for everyone
historian
It would be our version of Penn State's white outs but look a whole lot better.

I e we hold v love to have another black out for a night game, if the weather cooperates (unlike 2014 & 2015).
Fre3dombear
historian said:

It would be our version of Penn State's white outs but look a whole lot better.

I e we hold v love to have another black out for a night game, if the weather cooperates (unlike 2014 & 2015).

The Oklahoma blackout game on Thursday was one of the most epic Games I've ever witnessed
historian
Definitely the best.

CTbruin
Not only is the game SRO, there are few hotel rooms available . A decent hotel was getting $500 a room.

Someone post the link to the lead story in today's Trib talking about the impact of the game on Waco.
Mothballs
historian said:

Definitely the best.

This can't be so Historian. Nobody's wearing French's Mustard yellow.
BUBBFAN
Mothballs said:

historian said:

Definitely the best.

Just keep on B itching. Obviously, you can't be a good Baylor fan without it.
historian
Mothballs said:

historian said:

Definitely the best.

Queso colored uniforms work:

FLBear5630
The Hound said:

blackie said:

The Hound said:

I get that. Most of the offenders in the Facebook comments are older folks though.

Sorry, Burts in seat outweigh what they wear. Could care less if everyone is color coordinated. Show up or watch, get loud when you are supposed to and make it hard on opposing teams. Whether In gold or a tux, could care less.
BearlySober
RMF5630 said:

The Hound said:

blackie said:

The Hound said:

Sorry, Burts in seat outweigh what they wear. Could care less if everyone is color coordinated. Show up or watch, get loud when you are supposed to and make it hard on opposing teams. Whether In gold or a tux, could care less.

Maybe Burt in his seat in a gold tux...
FLBear5630
BearlySober said:

RMF5630 said:

The Hound said:

blackie said:

The Hound said:

Maybe Burt in his seat in a gold tux...

There you go...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.