Football
Sponsored by

Coaching carousel 2022

11,374 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MrGolfguy
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
**** Updated 12/27/2022****

All changes are final as of now.

Filled:
Nebraska- Rhule
Wisconsin- Fickell (Cincinnati)
Arizona State- Dillingham (Oregon OC)
Charlotte- Poggi (Michigan)
Georgia Tech- Promoted Interim to full HC
Auburn- Freeze (Liberty)
UAB- Dilfer
Florida Atlantic- Tom Herman
Colorado- Deion Sanders
Liberty- Jamey Chadwell
South Florida- Alex Golesh
Texas State- G.J. Kinne
Coastal Carolina- Tim Beck
Cincinnati- Scott Satterfield
Tulsa- Kevin Wilson
UNLV- Odom (Arkansas DC & former Missouri HC)
Western Michigan- Lance Taylor (Louisville OC)
Louisville- Jeff Brohm
North Texas- Eric Morris
Purdue- Ryan Walters
Stanford- Troy Taylor
Miss State- Zach Arnett (was DC)
Kent State- Kenni Burns (Minnesota RB coach)
Navy- Brian Newberry (dc)

Johnny Bear
Neal Brown is probably a goner at WVU. He might get to finish the season but I'll be surprised if he gets anything beyond that.
IowaBear
Iowa!!! Hot seat? Lol no, Ferentz could have 4 straight losing seasons and his seat would be cold. His buyout is north of 60 million and he just signed a new contract through 2029
Stefano DiMera
You know a contract extension means nothing correct? That's just to show stability for recruiting purposes .

Kirk could retire at 67..he's been doing this s long time. And he's been trying to set his son up to take over. How's that looking now with that pitiful offense? He may decide to ride off in the sunset to not tarnish his legacy if this season goes off the rails.
IowaBear
It means something when the buyout is that high… barta may be the AD for Iowa but Kirk runs the show… he may choose to retire on his own terms but he's not getting fired.
Stefano DiMera
A lot of these 'retirements' are negotiated firings. They would owe him $42 million if fired.
IowaBear
You go ahead with the thought that Iowa will fire Ferentz, you'll be disappointed when he's coaching next year.
Stefano DiMera
Where did I say he would be fired in the traditional sense?

Literally 3 posts above I said he may walk away at 67 and listed the reasons why it COULD happen. I didn't make an absolute prediction like some on here like to do
Stefano DiMera
Where did I say he would be fired?

I literally said 3 posts above he may walk away and listed the reasons why.

You and others let your emotions get in the way of reading comprehension.
IowaBear
You insinuated that if he chooses to retire it could be a negotiated firing. At least that's how I took your post. I'f in wrong I apologize. Just don't see it happening, Iowa has been miserable offensively for like 6 years like sub 120th nationally. Kirk will never change his ways IMO. Maybe he's forced to change OCs but his methods will stay the same until he retires whenever that is
Timbear
I think the Iowa coach played in the BIG CCG just last year.
cowboycwr
Add Auburn's Harsin to the fired list.
Chamberman
cowboycwr said:

Add Auburn's Hardin to the fired list.
You mean Harsin?
cowboycwr
Chamberman said:

cowboycwr said:

Add Auburn's Hardin to the fired list.
You mean Harsin?

Yes. Autocorrect fail.
boognish_bear
WVU gets beat by 0-5 ISU today. Is this the end for Brown?

Also…. how the hell did we lose to those guys

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
He gone

CorsicanaBear
President issues statement of support for the football coach. He's toast.
cowboycwr
Translation.... I don't want to fire him yet on the slim, outside chance he gets us bowl eligible. But then when he doesn't I can fire him after this weeks loss....
Jack Bauer
Is Jimbo immune from the hotseat for the foreseeable future? I sure hope so!
PartyBear
It seems like last season some of these really early opening slots were getting filled about this time of the season.
Jack Bauer
PartyBear said:

It seems like last season some of these really early opening slots were getting filled about this time of the season.

I remember how giddy they were at OU and Miami with their new coaches hired in January....oops.
cowboycwr
PartyBear said:

I thought it was right at the end of the season the jobs started to get filled. As in during the week of conference championships. I don't remember any getting filled before the season was over. I may not be remembering correctly though. I know LSU announced their hire in that week. I know Tech made their announcement early November only because it involved a Baylor Coach.

With that said I would think that two weeks from now there will be a few announcements.

I think it also depends on if the new hire is currently with another team or not on when the announcement comes.
boognish_bear
cowboycwr
boognish_bear said:

Are there some sort of rumors out there right now that would make him feel he needed to tweet this?

All I have seen is his name mentioned in articles by sportswriters as a name that should be on the short list for several of the schools that have openings but nothing about him having had interviews or expected to be named as HC anywhere.
whitetrash
cowboycwr said:

boognish_bear said:

Are there some sort of rumors out there right now that would make him feel he needed to tweet this?

All I have seen is his name mentioned in articles by sportswriters as a name that should be on the short list for several of the schools that have openings but nothing about him having had interviews or expected to be named as HC anywhere.
He could have gone on Facebook instead and marked himself safe from the Nebraska Dumpster Fire.
PartyBear
cowboycwr said:

boognish_bear said:

That is probably enough for him to feel he needs to put it to rest.
cowboycwr
PartyBear said:

cowboycwr said:

boognish_bear said:

I guess so.

I also feel like when coaches make statements like this at a press conference, guest appearance on a show, tweet, facebook post, etc. it is usually followed up in a a few short weeks with them leaving to take the other job....
PartyBear
cowboycwr said:

PartyBear said:

cowboycwr said:

boognish_bear said:

I guess so.

I also feel like when coaches make statements like this at a press conference, guest appearance on a show, tweet, facebook post, etc. it is usually followed up in a a few short weeks with them leaving to take the other job....
Well....that is true as well. Maybe he is getting the nod.
boognish_bear
Just seemed weird to me that he felt he needed to make a statement when he's only on the staff as an analyst right now

Seems like it would really only be head coaches that would need to make a statement like that. I think most people assume assistant coaches are always open to better opportunities.
boognish_bear
cowboycwr
boognish_bear said:

Why would he want to leave a conference where, in most years, he has no serious competition, can easily win the conference, get into the playoffs, have a shot at the national title almost every year, be the top school in the state (football wise), enjoy top classes, and be allowed a down year like this year without the fans turning against him. Just to go to a school where everything above would not be true. I doubt the money would be that much better for all of the above to not matter.
CorsicanaBear
He's just leveraging the opening for a raise at Clemson.
boognish_bear
cowboycwr
Interesting. The latest articles out today still only have him listed as a good fit for several jobs but nothing about rumors or anything like that. Whoever he is talking to is doing a good job of keeping it quiet that no one is writing about it yet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.