Football
Sponsored by

Selling beer at Mclane

32,656 Views | 248 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by T-REX
ArlingtonFarm Fingercuffs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HomerSpud said:

Well, systemically continuing to turning a blind eye to a culture of rape doesn't seem to offend our so-called Christian principles, so I can't see why a little beer would.
Sorry Brenda you aren't getting any more money.
PanTerra
GoldMind said:

boxster said:

GoldMind said:

boxster said:

GoldMind said:

boxster said:

Crash Davis said:

Krieg said:

If you have to drink to enjoy a football game, is it really the game you're enjoying?

It's 4 hours of your life 6 times a year. I don't see how anyone can miss drinking that much that they have to have it in those 4 hours. Let Baylor be what Baylor wants to be, and that's a dry campus. Same goes for tobacco on campus, too.
While I don't personally care whether or not we sell beer at games, this is kind of a silly argument. So people should only hope for stadium amenities that they can't go without for 4 hours?
I don't think he's saying that. I think what he's saying is that since drinking does violate the convictions of a material, albeit shrinking, portion of the population, and since there is a great deal of destructive behavior that is associated with drinking (check 99% of every college sexual assault case for confirmation), and since the activity is not even legal for about 2/3s of the college students (it's a college event after all), that it shouldn't be a big deal to be obliged to abstain from that amenity for just a small segment of your life.

Probably not just an alcohol thing...would probably have the same attitude about gambling at the stadium also.

You want us to give it up for 4 hours on Saturday, then for 24hours on Sunday. I think we already pay a stiff price. That's 28 hours of oppression.
Drinking on Sundays? NBD, knock yourself out!

Can't buy after 9 and can't buy at all on Sundays. America isn't as free as we think.
Plan ahead??

Should you have to plan ahead to go buy a pint of ice cream?
Orthodox Jews have to plan ahead and they seem to do fine.
GoldMind
PanTerra said:

GoldMind said:

boxster said:

GoldMind said:

boxster said:

GoldMind said:

boxster said:

Crash Davis said:

Krieg said:

If you have to drink to enjoy a football game, is it really the game you're enjoying?

It's 4 hours of your life 6 times a year. I don't see how anyone can miss drinking that much that they have to have it in those 4 hours. Let Baylor be what Baylor wants to be, and that's a dry campus. Same goes for tobacco on campus, too.
While I don't personally care whether or not we sell beer at games, this is kind of a silly argument. So people should only hope for stadium amenities that they can't go without for 4 hours?
I don't think he's saying that. I think what he's saying is that since drinking does violate the convictions of a material, albeit shrinking, portion of the population, and since there is a great deal of destructive behavior that is associated with drinking (check 99% of every college sexual assault case for confirmation), and since the activity is not even legal for about 2/3s of the college students (it's a college event after all), that it shouldn't be a big deal to be obliged to abstain from that amenity for just a small segment of your life.

Probably not just an alcohol thing...would probably have the same attitude about gambling at the stadium also.

You want us to give it up for 4 hours on Saturday, then for 24hours on Sunday. I think we already pay a stiff price. That's 28 hours of oppression.
Drinking on Sundays? NBD, knock yourself out!

Can't buy after 9 and can't buy at all on Sundays. America isn't as free as we think.
Plan ahead??

Should you have to plan ahead to go buy a pint of ice cream?
Orthodox Jews have to plan ahead and they seem to do fine.
Orthodox Jews dont drink. Or eat ice cream.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
NOVA Bear
Krieg said:

I'm more concerned about the missed revenue opportunity for Baylor. Even if they sell beer in the stadium, I'll be getting all of mine in the parking lot, but for those that want to pay for it in the stadium, why not? We sell soft-drinks and other things.

If you sold 1 beer for $10 to 20,000 attendees You're looking at an additional $200,000 in game day revenue. These are theoretically pretty easy to sell as you open the can, poor and collect so even Savor can do that. Heck, we're talking about Baptists so I bet you'll average a lot more than 1 beer per 20K attendees. Just think what happens when we play OU?!?!
GoldMind
NOVA Bear said:

Krieg said:

I'm more concerned about the missed revenue opportunity for Baylor. Even if they sell beer in the stadium, I'll be getting all of mine in the parking lot, but for those that want to pay for it in the stadium, why not? We sell soft-drinks and other things.

If you sold 1 beer for $10 to 20,000 attendees You're looking at an additional $200,000 in game day revenue. These are theoretically pretty easy to sell as you open the can, poor and collect so even Savor can do that. Heck, we're talking about Baptists so I bet you'll average a lot more than 1 beer per 20K attendees. Just think what happens when we play OU?!?!

NOVA Bear, my hero.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Johnny Bear
Nguyen One Soon said:

Quote:

Lutherans and Episcopalians drink, Baptists and Methodists don't.

Somebody doesn't know Methodists very well.
Bbear2d
PLSQL_BEAR said:

Quote:

And of course, Jesus turned water in to wine (not grapejuice) at the wedding in Cana.

Which is why Dr. Lester gave Him a "B".
This is a highly under rated post.
Doc Holliday
If BU higher ups didn't pretend like its 1950 still then yeah
Jacques Strap
Beer would be nice but I'm really hoping for an area that serves Cask Ale.
historian
In a stadium that holds 45k, there not going to be half of them who want beer. That includes a lot of students who are underage. Or is someone suggesting Baylor go Aggie & Longhorn & sell to underage minors?

It's a ridiculous fantasy. I cannot imagine Baylor ever allowing any booze at McLane.
Nguyen One Soon
I don't look for alcohol sales to happen any time soon, except for the "It's not Baylor doing it" model at the Baylor Club. It is surprising that they have let the tailgate scene grow as it has.
GoldMind
historian said:

In a stadium that holds 45k, there not going to be half of them who want beer. That includes a lot of students who are underage. Or is someone suggesting Baylor go Aggie & Longhorn & sell to underage minors?

It's a ridiculous fantasy. I cannot imagine Baylor ever allowing any booze at McLane.
Ridiculous to those who resist change

No wonder we didnt allow dancing until 95.
Momma Bear
I heard it said once that it's only the people who aren't smart enough to talk about the infinite details of a game that drink. They drink to get attention.
GoldMind
Momma Bear said:

I heard it said once that it's only the people who aren't smart enough to talk about the infinite details of a game that drink. They drink to get attention.
Once
RioRata
Ole Buddy will just love a stadium full of drunk little tarts. No need for Mr B's anymore.
RioRata
NOVA Bear said:

Krieg said:

Meth labs are coming to McLane too???
NOVA Bear
historian said:

Quite possibly true, but I'll bet there are enough that would buy more than 1 to more than make up the difference.
MilliVanilli
I'd prefer they didn't, I've seen enough people get trashed in the tailgating area and come to the game hammered and belligerent, no need to let them double down on it.

OU fans in 2015 were tacky drunk and ready to pick fights in the section I was in.
JumboShrimper
Think they'll act the same way this year?
historian
Maybe. If we manage to do to them what we did in 2011 or 2013.
Pecos 45
I'm hoping our Bears will drive OU and UT to drink after the games this year.
RioRata
Pecos 45 said:

I'm hoping our Bears will drive OU and UT to drink after the games this year.

Oh HELL no, Pecos. Let them find their own party AND their own ride!!!
Pastorron
Nope. How many times have you gone to a football game or baseball and basketball and had to smell vomit from the boozers for the game or even worse tried to get it off your children who have bee puked on. The profit is not worth that. Keep it a family affair and enjoyment. Drink a coke or slurpee.
GoldMind
Pastorron said:

Nope. How many times have you gone to a football game or baseball and basketball and had to smell vomit from the boozers for the game or even worse tried to get it off your children who have bee puked on. The profit is not worth that. Keep it a family affair and
enjoyment. Drink a coke or slurpee.

I've been to every regular season game at Texas stadium from 2002-2005. I went to 77 Rangers games in the same time span. Didn't count how many Stars and Mavs games. I think I've seen someone drunk puking 1 time, and it was in the parking lot.

Worth every nickel we can get to have it at McLane. I don't think I've witnessed anyone that was puking drunk inside a stadium, ever.

And I went to the UT-Baylor game last year and didn't see any shenanigans there either.
RioRata
GoldMind said:

Pastorron said:

Nope. How many times have you gone to a football game or baseball and basketball and had to smell vomit from the boozers for the game or even worse tried to get it off your children who have bee puked on. The profit is not worth that. Keep it a family affair and
enjoyment. Drink a coke or slurpee.

I've been to every regular season game at Texas stadium from 2002-2005. I went to 77 Rangers games in the same time span. Didn't count how many Stars and Mavs games. I think I've seen someone drunk puking 1 time, and it was in the parking lot.

Worth every nickel we can get to have it at McLane. I don't think I've witnessed anyone that was puking drunk inside a stadium, ever.

And I went to the UT-Baylor game last year and didn't see any shenanigans there either.

You probably never will either. Stadium security will run them out before it gets to that point...especially at McLane.
boognish_bear
The Pokes will be throwing them back. I could have used a beer after the turf monster got Petty.

Bigtexasmike
bum said:

I don't think they will sell beer at McLane but is it really a big deal?

You can get beer a lot cheaper at the tailgates before and after the game. But you can also sneak it in with a little ingenuity. I feel sorry for people that can't figure out how to sneak in alcohol into sporting events. I don't know how they are going to survive when 30 million North Koreans invade this country.

Awesome/ brilliant!
Up up down down LR LR BA select start
Doc Holliday
You're telling me our BOR put us through the worst sh_tshow on earth, we had to endure a single win season and they don't even have the decency to sell beer in the stadium to numb the pain?

...guess I'll have to go to the 365 container all season long and pregame it up!
GoldMind
Doc Holliday said:

You're telling me our BOR put us through the worst sh_tshow on earth, we had to endure a single win season and they don't even have the decency to sell beer in the stadium to numb the pain?

...guess I'll have to go to the 365 container all season long and pregame it up!

If that's what you believe, why would you expect them to allow fun to be had?
EK bear
Thanks for bumping this thread - one of my favorite topics. As much as I love a good Baylor Super Baptist squirming in their chair re: "do this in memory of me" and then not doing it, I accept the trade of proper tailgating for no alcohol sales during the game. Frankly I don't really like paying $10 for an Anheuser-Busch InBev product anyway.
Wichitabear
Me either. They sure do where I go to church
boognish_bear
Timbear
Get rid of a signed code of conduct, if there is one. It doesn't stop 18-22 year olds, first time away from home, from drinking and "partying" anyway. Go ahead and sell beer at fb games. Who the heck cares anymore. The BOR 's fasade of Baylor purity hasn't worked out too well.
PartyBear
Really it is just more hypocrisy and inconsistency. As I said earlier like a year ago on this thread I know for a fact the BMDs in their boxes get to have drinks at the games. They can purchase them from the Baylor Club the Friday before and have their place stocked on Saturday. Guess what? this means the holier than thous on the BOR also get to do this in their box. It is assinine to say season ticket holders and others aren't allowed to buy beer on Saturday of a game in the stadium. Particularly when you can buy beer on Baylor Property just outside the gate during a game if you choose to leave and watch it on a screen, or before or after the game..

I would add that when Baylor is on the road. The Baylor Club has drink specials for several minutes after every Baylor score. Which is also inconsistent. Folks can go watch a road game there and drink away.
Buck Whiskey
We don't need this. From a financial point, I understand the thinking. From a moral point I am 100 percent against whatever our babtist hypocrite overlords think. I really hate those ****ers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.