Football
Sponsored by

How did Texas a&m do in their bowl game?

3,153 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Space Cutter
BellCountyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh wait…
historian
No doubt they did great & will proudly display the trophy… even if they have to make it themselves!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
NumberCruncher
Better than last. Year when they quit and refused to show up for their bowl game. 12th man claimed it didn't have enough men. Jumbo got a pass because they loved him then.
historian
Good point. Not being eligible is better than chickening out.
historian
Texas D got the stop & forced a punt.

42 seconds for the Horns to score a TD

Texas must go almost the entire length of the field in 32 seconds. I don't think they can do it.

Almost picked off on the first play! Ewers sacked. They are not ready for this situation. At the 10 with 3 seconds. Ewers three thx Hail Mary & it was caught at midfield as time expired.

Huskies win.
atomicblast
historian said:

Texas D got the stop & forced a punt.

42 seconds for the Horns to score a TD

Texas must go almost the entire length of the field in 32 seconds. I don't think they can do it.

Almost picked off on the first play! Ewers sacked. They are not ready for this situation. At the 10 with 3 seconds. Ewers three thx Hail Mary & it was caught at midfield as time expired.

Huskies win.
No extra second or untimed down there. awseome. **** the longhorns.
historian
I don't mind so much the cows losing their Bowl game. I would have preferred Baylor, Kansas, & OSU won though.

A K State win will make up for some of it.
Fre3dombear
Of course tcu is going to stomp Michigan.

Michigan plays nothing like what baylor wrecked college football with a decade ago.

It will be like that one time aggy had success in the sec when they'd never played games where teams scored > 20
alanmarmstrong
They didn't lose, they just ran out of time
IowaBear
TCU stomping Michigan? Lol pass the bowl
Johnny Bear
We can keep laughing at them (and we should) but we finished a whopping one game better and capped things off by allowing an Air Force team to push us all over the field while running an offense from the 1970's. On the other hand, at least we showed up.
241Bear
Johnny Bear said:

We can keep laughing at them (and we should) but we finished a whopping one game better and capped things off by allowing an Air Force team to push us all over the field while running an offense from the 1970's. On the other hand, at least we showed up.
On the other hand, at least we showed suited up. FIFY
Method Man
Texas A&M has no major accomplishments in football or mens hoops.

A&M's biggest accomplishment in athletics was their National Title in Womens basketball that happened in 2011.

For the past 30 years I've been listening to the media in Texas tell me how badass Texas A&M is, and that they are just around the corner from being a super power in football.

Still waiting......

Texas A&M sucks.
MrGolfguy
Method Man said:

Texas A&M sucks.
I wholeheartedly agree, but you misspelled Aggy
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
241Bear
MrGolfguy said:

Method Man said:

Texas A&M sucks.
I wholeheartedly agree, but you misspelled Aggy
aggy is preferred spelling.
ImABearToo
Meat judging, don't forget that Natty.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Mitch Blood Green
Don't punch down.
McCavebear
aggy ran out of time...

on the season!

Bwahahahahahahaha!
McCavebear Lives!
Canada2017
Method Man said:

A&M's biggest accomplishment in athletics was their National Title in Womens basketball that happened in 2011.

For the past 30 years I've been listening to the media in Texas tell me how badass Texas A&M is, and that they are just around the corner from being a super power in football.

Still waiting......

Texas A&M sucks.

A&M - Baylor all time football series record

Texas A&M 68 wins
Baylor 31 wins
9 ties
MrGolfguy
When did the aggys ever employ Bill Beall, Chuck Reedy, Kevin Steele, or Dave Roberts as their head coach?
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
McCavebear
Canada2017 said:

Method Man said:

Still waiting......

Texas A&M sucks.

Texas A&M 68 wins
Baylor 31 wins
9 ties
How do you feel about your 2022 season aggy?
And your coach's paycheck?

App St > tamu

Bwahahahahaha!
McCavebear Lives!
Johnny Bear
Canada2017 said:

Method Man said:

Still waiting......

Texas A&M sucks.

Texas A&M 68 wins
Baylor 31 wins
9 ties

21st Century Football Conference Titles:
Baylor: 3
Aggys: 0

Basketball National Championships (women & men)
Baylor: 4
Aggys: 1
Method Man
Canada2017 said:

Method Man said:

Still waiting......

Texas A&M sucks.

Texas A&M 68 wins
Baylor 31 wins
9 ties
The past is all that A&M has because aggy aint worth a chit.
Redneck St sucks in major sports because the school is a beacon of mediocrity.

For the past 30 years all I've watched is aggy embarrass the great state of Texas when they play an elite team from another state....whether its Florida St, UCLA, Ohio St, Alabama...etc
BBWCBear
Those 7 aggy loses was at the tune of $5+Mil for Jumbo's time. That enormous GUARANTEED contract just brings me glee every time they lose. aggy gonna aggy.
Canada2017
McCavebear said:

Canada2017 said:

Method Man said:

Still waiting......

Texas A&M sucks.

Texas A&M 68 wins
Baylor 31 wins
9 ties

App St > tamu

Bwahahahahaha!

2022 was a total disaster for A&M .

Losing to App State shook up the confidence of the entire program. Lucky wins over Miami and Arkansas did not restore that confidence.

The offense never found a true rhythm. In reality Jumbo serves as his own OC but the game has past him by . Supposedly he has been pressured to hire a real OC.

The only redeeming factor was beating a highly ranked LSU team in the season finale ….which I suspect allowed A&M to have a surprising strong late surge in recruiting.

With his contract Jimbo is a very rich man now….so it's hard to tell if he really gives a flip . Maybe he should just resume scheduling Baylor .

Method Man
Canada2017 said:

McCavebear said:

Canada2017 said:

Method Man said:

Still waiting......

Texas A&M sucks.

Texas A&M 68 wins
Baylor 31 wins
9 ties

App St > tamu

Bwahahahahaha!

Losing to App State shook up the confidence of the entire program. Lucky wins over Miami and Arkansas did not restore that confidence.

The offense never found a true rhythm. In reality Jumbo serves as his own OC but the game has past him by . Supposedly he has been pressured to hire a real OC.

The only redeeming factor was beating a highly ranked LSU team in the season finale ….which I suspect allowed A&M to have a surprising strong late surge in recruiting.

With his contract Jimbo is a very rich man now….so it's hard to tell if he really gives a flip . Maybe he should just resume scheduling Baylor .

things that A&M fans(repeatedly) brag about:
1. Recruiting rankings
2. Size of stadium
3. How much money they have.
4. The past....1980's and 90's

Wash, rinse, repeat
Canada2017
Method Man said:

Canada2017 said:

McCavebear said:

Canada2017 said:

Method Man said:

Still waiting......

Texas A&M sucks.

Texas A&M 68 wins
Baylor 31 wins
9 ties

App St > tamu

Bwahahahahaha!

1. Recruiting rankings
2. Size of stadium

Wash, rinse, repeat

Things are so different at A&M now . It's culturally more like UT than either school would care to admit .

A&M needs to resume scheduling Rice SMU and Baylor every year.

Battling Georgia, Alabama and LSU isn't working out .
McCavebear
Hey Canada,

Rub some more LSU win on that gaping gunshot wound in your gut!

Meanwhile, you're right about one thing: Jimbo is laughing all the way to the bank with you idiots' money!

Ha!
McCavebear Lives!
Canada2017
The LSU win reduced the gunshot wound to that of a switchblade stabbing .

You can see the results in the recruitment success in the weeks that followed .

Never liked the Jimbo hire ( as I mentioned here years ago ) IMO he covered up criminal behavior by his star QB at Florida State . So as far as coaching goes A&M is getting what they deserve .

EatMoreSalmon
Texas A&M athletics in a nutshell:
blackie
Canada2017 said:

Never liked the Jimbo hire ( as I mentioned here years ago ) IMO he covered up criminal behavior by his star QB at Florida State . So as far as coaching goes A&M is getting what they deserve .

Problem with the bolded above is that they come in, Fisher "develops" them into many going into the portal or for some headed toward jail. The pattern repeats. It has not been a one year phenomena. The irony is that for all the outrage and finger pointing that aggie people directed toward Baylor in 2015, it magically didn't translate to what Fisher had done at FSU. They should have never hired the guy. A few in the media pointed that out, but in general the media turned a blind eye to what went on under Fisher's watch because he was coming to A&M, much like they have done concerning things in the past in Austin....and in the president's office in Norman. There are certainly double standards.

You are correct, they are getting what they deserve.
BUGWBBear
You forgot 1939. They'll be gearing up for the centennial on that one soon.
Canada2017
blackie said:

Canada2017 said:

Problem with the bolded above is that they come in, Fisher "develops" them into many going into the portal or for some headed toward jail. The pattern repeats. It has not been a one year phenomena. The irony is that for all the outrage and finger pointing that aggie people directed toward Baylor in 2015, it magically didn't translate to what Fisher had done at FSU. They should have never hired the guy. A few in the media pointed that out, but in general the media turned a blind eye to what went on under Fisher's watch because he was coming to A&M, much like they have done concerning things in the past in Austin....and in the president's office in Norman. There are certainly double standards.

You are correct, they are getting what they deserve.

Agreed

There was a double standard in regards to Jimbo's hire . I was disgusted with him becoming our head coach and haven't attended a game since .

However in regards to the portal losses….the majority were buried on the debt chart and were very unlikely to see much playing time . A couple were habitual pot users and / or discipline issues .

Maybe 3 losses really hurt .

On a broader picture it's obvious this NIL money is destroying college football . Some of the kids simply don't know how to handle that kind of cash and it damages locker room morale.

Personally I would never buy tickets just to watch players who clearly don't give a damn about their school or fans . Players who just play for the highest bidder on their way to the NFL.

historian
Method Man said:

Canada2017 said:

McCavebear said:

Canada2017 said:

Method Man said:

Still waiting......

Texas A&M sucks.

Texas A&M 68 wins
Baylor 31 wins
9 ties

App St > tamu

Bwahahahahaha!

1. Recruiting rankings
2. Size of stadium

Wash, rinse, repeat

They also brag about their baseball team & about being in the SEC. Apparently just bring in that conference makes them better than everyone else.
historian
Recruiting don't mean squat unless it translates into on field success. See Texas and A&M over the past decade for examples. It was funny that Nick Saban and Jimbo had their very public preseason spat over it. At least Saban is in a bowl game, a NY6 one to boot.

Sic 'em Wildcats!!!!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.